As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 09 Forum member badge holders

• Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hah. My name looks like "ArcoArikado."

Nevertheless. This is much better. Justification ftw. Yay!

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    My underscore is missing. That underscore is my heart and soul, it combines the two disparate words to create one unified thought. I feel so lost now :S

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    kropotkin wrote: »
    OK, after much gnashing of teeth and a slow Sunday afternoon I've redone the back to justified and it looks a lot better. I think anyway, check it out here:

Let me know what you think.

Looks awesome but I would like to suggest, since you have extra space at the end. Fill it up with "Screw Flanders". ;)

And for those who don't know the reference, here.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I have heard the suggestions, especially contrefait's Simpson's reference idea and have now completed the rear of the badge. It is thus:
    PAX_09_PA_Forum_Badge_back_v5.5

Oh and a reminder, the front is going to be v6.1. I liked the reference to PS Hero and the lensflare, it grew on me. Here it is in all its glory:
    PAX_09_PA_Forum_Badge_Front_v6_1.jpg

Thanks for the feedback all. They will be sent for printing this weekend.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I dig it.. also <3 that my name is almost in the complete center, lawl

MeeOk on
  • Options
    Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    v6.1 is great, and I'm next to Khoo! Can't wait to get one of these from you Kropotkin

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Random Thought.

If you look at the spaces inbetween the names carefully, you see a picture!

What did I see? A crab in a super-hero cape lifting its arms and claws in the air as if going "Hooray!"

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Random Thought.

What did I see? A crab in a super-hero cape lifting its arms and claws in the air as if going "Hooray!"
    crab.jpg

ACC3SS on
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ooooohhh, looks nifty......Put me on too? pwease?

I just realized I've been to every single PAX, which makes me realize in I've spent aprox 9 years total on these forums.......

Shade on
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    ACC3SS wrote: »
    Random Thought.

crab.jpg

*Dies!*

I kinda want that for my phone background.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    tehnakkitehnakki Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    YES!! I was hoping the PShero symbol would make it on there =D

These badges are FUCKIN AWESOME!!! And you are SUPER FUCKIN AWESOME for doin this! Yeah. Just AWESOME.

tehnakki on
    Hufflepuff for lief, muthafuckers!

the 'teh' is silent: eljay ~ * ~ twitter ~ * ~ ravelry ~ * ~ last.fm
  • Options
    draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wow looks feakin' awesome keep up the good work man.

draklan on
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Excellent job!

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    gridgrid Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I hate to say it, but comic sans sucks. ;)

http://bancomicsans.com/home.html

(I really like this idea though, even though I'm new to this forum.)

grid on
    dev blog: http://chesstris.com/
    iPhone game: ActionChess
  • Options
    RaymanRayman Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    um...I am on the forums but dont see my name....I am the Rodney Dangerfield of the PAX forums....such is life...

Rayman on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    grid wrote: »
    I hate to say it, but comic sans sucks. ;)

http://bancomicsans.com/home.html

(I really like this idea though, even though I'm new to this forum.)

I agree. Hence me not using the comicsans font. I am in fact using the font used in the Penny Arcade comic strips! And you call yourself a PA fan? For shame!

Oh and I'm getting requests now to get people's names on the back. Sadly all names are now closed as the bedge is finished. In my defence I did give people 2 months notice before I shut down the name gathering :P

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    HaikufrenzyHaikufrenzy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Looks real good, I'm not going to be in BYOC this year so I'm going to have to find a new way to get my own badge for this year.

...Buttsecks mayheps?

Haikufrenzy on
    RazorbackKing.png
  • Options
    draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm not going to be in the BYOC area either but if i understand it right i'll be able to get mine from Big Red @ the BYOC area. Or have i been misunderstanding this whole thing?

draklan on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    draklan wrote: »
    I'm not going to be in the BYOC area either but if i understand it right i'll be able to get mine from Big Red @ the BYOC area. Or have i been misunderstanding this whole thing?

Once again the rumour that only people who are participating in BYOC can get one of the badges whilst at PAX'09. This is simply not the case! The BYOC area has a registration desk that can be approached by anyone, as far as I understand it. In light of this I will be mailing a bunch of badges to BigRed for him to distribute from this desk. Put it this way, I'm from the UK so I won't be taking part in BYOC as I doubt my gaming PC would survive the trip. Not to mention the 240v PSU not working too well with the US 110v variety! Yet I will be sporting a forum badge. The fact that I'm making the things is entirely irrelevant...OK maybe it's not, but you get my point!

Speaking of distribution, I'm not sure how many of these things need to be printed. There are over 150 names on the back of the thing, so I'm estimating another 100 on top of that. If you think that's too few, let me know on this thread and I'll see what I can do. Remember, these badges are for PAX forum members only, not for PAX attendees in general!

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Rayman wrote: »
    um...I am on the forums but dont see my name....I am the Rodney Dangerfield of the PAX forums....such is life...

No respect at all. :P

redhalo on
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    redhalo wrote: »
    Rayman wrote: »

No respect at all. :P

Yeah, I wasn't on it last year either.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    ACC3SS wrote: »
    Please take the following names off of the "This Thread" list and add them to the "Canadian Super Trip" list. The Greyhound trip is still part of CST.

ACC3SS
    Serenity
    tr0tsky
    Varcayn
    Wormdundee

The following is a list of confirmed Canadian Super Trip Greyhound members that were overlooked... they would no-doubt appreciate being included on the badge:

AbsintheMinded
    DiscoGobbo
    parabola
    Varcayn

Errr yeah, never noticed that... I've been absent on the forums for a while... but me is back! Hurray!
    Thanks ACC3SS!

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    MeetTheHeavyMeetTheHeavy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    MeeOk wrote: »
    I dig it.. also <3 that my name is almost in the complete center, lawl

MINE IS RIGHT AFTER YOURS! <3

MeetTheHeavy on
    16404.gif
  • Options
    MoreGreaseMoreGrease Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    MINE IS RIGHT AFTER YOURS! <3

Mine is... vaguely near yours!

MoreGrease on
    Steam and PSN: FreelancePolice
  • Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yeah well mine's on the edge :P
    *shrug*

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    *shrug*

And there was a risk your name would suffer at the hand of the cutting room floor! Thankfully the printers have asked me to create a 1cm sacrificial border around the badge to ensure nothing is accidentally chopped off.

Speaking of the printers, I will have the badges printed out on 250 mg card (very stiff and robust stuff) and they will be delivered next week. At this point various organisers of events and volunteer distibutors will be PM'd for mailing addresses. As I have said before, I'm doing my best to make sure the badges are properly distributed this year and posting batches to volunteer distributors before PAX seemed to be the best solution.

Finally, all badges will come with their very own safety pin. This will allw you to fix it to the lanyard of your PAX Pass as opposed to using the clip, which carried with it the risk of it falling off.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    DMmagicDMmagic PAX East Enforcer Springfield, MO, USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    kropotkin wrote: »
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    *shrug*

And there was a risk your name would suffer at the hand of the cutting room floor! Thankfully the printers have asked me to create a 1cm sacrificial border around the badge to ensure nothing is accidentally chopped off.

Speaking of the printers, I will have the badges printed out on 250 mg card (very stiff and robust stuff) and they will be delivered next week. At this point various organisers of events and volunteer distibutors will be PM'd for mailing addresses. As I have said before, I'm doing my best to make sure the badges are properly distributed this year and posting batches to volunteer distributors before PAX seemed to be the best solution.

Finally, all badges will come with their very own safety pin. This will allw you to fix it to the lanyard of your PAX Pass as opposed to using the clip, which carried with it the risk of it falling off.

Someone may have already asked this, but what's the cost for these?

More to the point (since you haven't asked for recompense that I've seen), if I wanted to give you some cash in thanks for your generosity, what would be an appropriate amount?

DMmagic on
  • Options
    DusT_HounDDusT_HounD Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    @Kropotkin:
    Thank you! Badge is looking great!

DusT_HounD on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    DMmagic wrote: »
    Someone may have already asked this, but what's the cost for these?

More to the point (since you haven't asked for recompense that I've seen), if I wanted to give you some cash in thanks for your generosity, what would be an appropriate amount?

I really don't want any donations for what I'm doing here. I'm just doing my bit to make sure the group that is the forumites have a great PAX and finally put a face to the name that sits on the left had side of the forum threads.

If you really want to help me out, pop along to my podcast's web site : SuperHappyFunTimeShow and take a listen to our output. We've been running nonstop since January 2008 and we even recorded a show at PAX last year and will be again this year.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    cafeganeshacafeganesha Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Awesome, I want one! =))))) I agree the photoshop hero part looks out of place, but I don't mind whether there's a lens flare or not.

cafeganesha on
    @cafeganesha on PAX Twitter
  • Options
    PimpMethodPimpMethod Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Will the badges be giving out at the pre-pax dinner?

PimpMethod on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    PimpMethod wrote: »
    Will the badges be giving out at the pre-pax dinner?

Yes :)

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited July 2009
    OK I just got back from the printers and the badges will be ready for pick up next Saturday. At which point I'll be PM'ing distributors for numbers of badges they need and their mailing addresses. 6 weeks everyone, PAX is a mere 6 weeks away :lol:

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    IcedhopeIcedhope Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I would defintaley liked to get one, if I get a chance to find where they are.

Icedhope on
    Look! Another ReMake!
  • Options
    ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So, how does one get in on this thing?

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Erandus wrote: »

Yeahh, it's a bit late for you to get in on it this year. The deadline for getting your name on the thing was a couple weeks ago. If you mean just being able to get one to wear, if you're on the CCST, CST, WCTT you'll get one for sure. I'm not sure how distribution works for people who are 'just' forum members.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I figured. My own fault for not even looking into the Pax forum until now.

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Wormdundee wrote: »
    Erandus wrote: »

Yeahh, it's a bit late for you to get in on it this year. The deadline for getting your name on the thing was a couple weeks ago. If you mean just being able to get one to wear, if you're on the CCST, CST, WCTT you'll get one for sure. I'm not sure how distribution works for people who are 'just' forum members.

Badges will also be handed out at the BYOC registration desk but you do not need to be taking part in BYOC to get one! Also they will be distributed at the Pre-PAX Dinner

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    Pat McRotchPat McRotch Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The badge looks great! I think the second justification looks a lot better. Can't wait to hang it next to last years badge.

Pat McRotch on
    xPat+McR0tch.png
    patmcrotch.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I just got back from the printers and the badges have come out great:
    Printed_Badges.jpg

Sadly the lens-flare has gone, no idea why but it has. Maybe the printer couldn't bear printing something out with lensflare on it. I suspect it's that. Anyway the final version looks like the pic below with my name and other details on it:
    signed_badge.jpg

I'll now be PM'ing various forum members who have volunteered for distribution duties. Watch your in boxes people!

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

This discussion has been closed.