Options

AND THE WINNER IS:

24

Posts

  • Options
    CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Red Skull has to go in, just so he can end up in a match against Magneto.

    Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Darkseid is the best Villain ever.
    Thanos'd kick his teeth in.

    deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Darkseid is the best Villain ever.
    Thanos'd kick his teeth in.

    And then Darkseid would rip his face off.

    Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    TehChowdTehChowd Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I third or whatever to see a villains contest next. A teams contest might be cool too, like certain incarnations of the JLA vs the X-Men or Alpha flight or whatever. Also, high five to whoever else voted for Blink as MVP.

    TehChowd on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    This makes me wonder why I don't worship Norse gods.

    Furu on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I would never have thought Thor would win, 2nd place sure but 1st? Shocked am I, but in a good way.

    *Flies the Marvel banner*

    So does this mean that Thor is a great champion of comic book heroes? Or the GREATEST champion of comic book heroes?

    Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Darkseid is the best Villain ever.
    Thanos'd kick his teeth in.

    No, actually Thanos would attempt to kick Darkseid's teeth in, but then Darkseid would erase him from existence using the Omega Effect.

    Spectre-x on
  • Options
    FierceDeity666FierceDeity666 Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Darkseid is the best Villain ever.
    Thanos'd kick his teeth in.

    No, actually Thanos would attempt to kick Darkseid's teeth in, but then Darkseid would erase him from existence using the Omega Effect.
    Doesn't your guy also use Omega energy?

    FierceDeity666 on
  • Options
    Jake OlsonJake Olson Registered User new member
    edited November 2006
    Whoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall wield the power of THOR

    Jake Olson on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Darkseid is the best Villain ever.
    Thanos'd kick his teeth in.

    No, actually Thanos would attempt to kick Darkseid's teeth in, but then Darkseid would erase him from existence using the Omega Effect.
    Alright, you have said before that Silver Surfer is way more powerful than Superman. Silver Surfer has trouble with Thanos. Superman fights Darkseid, and does not get completely destroyed.

    deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Wait... Surfer is tougher than Supes?

    I find this unlikely.

    bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

    Anally.
  • Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I'm glad that Thor pulled out with this one - really looking forward to the best villian competition - b list villian will win!

    Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    I got an idea for one, a battle with Heroes and Villians, but they are limited to their original first appearance power set. Meaning, Superman can only be slightly invulnerable, able to outrun a speeding bullet etc., Iron Man is in the tin can suit with the equipment that it had.

    I think it could be intresting.

    Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I got an idea for one, a battle with Heroes and Villians, but they are limited to their original first appearance power set. Meaning, Superman can only be slightly invulnerable, able to outrun a speeding bullet etc., Iron Man is in the tin can suit with the equipment that it had.

    I think it could be intresting.
    We'd have to set a cutoff date or else modern characters will win pretty easily.

    Also, since a lot of us weren't alive when Superman, Iron Man, and the like debuted, we won't have much knowledge to base our decisions on.

    robosagogo on
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    What a load of bullshit.

    Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Who saw that coming?

    Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    The thing that makes Thanos dangerous is his brain. He's a scheemer. Yeah, he's a badass in a fight, but of course he couldn't take Darkseid. He'd never try to, one on one.

    Surfer vs. Supes is an interesting idea. I think Supes might have the raw power by default, but Surfer has the whole ill-defined "Power Cosmic" thing going on, so if he got super pissed he could probably reach deep and pull out some sort of crazy energy thing. Whether Supes could KO him before he got to that point, probably so.

    august on
  • Options
    RoyseRoyse Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    What a load of bullshit.

    Did you even vote?

    Royse on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I think Surfer still has the same "make up a deus ex power whenever you need it ability" that the old Superman used to have, Surfer just gets away with it still because he hardly ever shows up.

    Surfer can apparently manipulate matter on the atomic level, at a par with Phoenix and uber Cable/Nate Grey levels, so he could probably turn Superman to dust with a thought if he wanted to.

    Scooter on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Who saw that coming?

    A mile away.

    Marathon on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Darkseid is the best Villain ever.
    Thanos'd kick his teeth in.

    No, actually Thanos would attempt to kick Darkseid's teeth in, but then Darkseid would erase him from existence using the Omega Effect.
    Alright, you have said before that Silver Surfer is way more powerful than Superman. Silver Surfer has trouble with Thanos. Superman fights Darkseid, and does not get completely destroyed.

    Every time Superman has beaten Darkseid has been extremely poorly written.

    Example: In the Superman/Batman Supergirl arc, Superman beats Darkseid by flying him into the sun. In the same storyline, Darkseid gets beaten by Batman in the most retarded way possible. This should be ignored, because it makes Darkseid out to be completely retarded. Also, the Omega Effect is avoided in that storyline, which is, you know, flat-out impossible to do. That's the thing about the Omega Effect. It cannot be avoided. In any way. Ever. It will hit you eventually. It will go around or through any barrier, physical, dimensional or temporal, and it will hit its target. It's completely retarded.

    Darkseid has enough power to take on the Legion of Superheroes on his own, and win.

    Darkseid can mind-control thousands upon thousands of people simultaneously. He can transmute matter at will, and has access to technology not even Thanos can even concieve of. Darkseid has also been alive for countless millennia. He's at least ten times as old and experienced as Thanos.

    Darkseid is a Galactus-level cosmic power, he is the god of evil, and he is vital to the fabric of reality.

    Darkseid would beat the shit out of Thanos.

    Spectre-x on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    So what you're saying is that we should just veto Darkseid from the villan tourney right now and save us all a lot of trouble?

    Marathon on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Well, yes.

    Darkseid would just fucking kill everyone.

    Spectre-x on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Well, yes.

    Darkseid would just fucking kill everyone.

    SAY THE RHYME

    SAY IT

    Bloods End on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    THE HOUR HAS COME!

    HE HAS COME!

    WHO IS BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL?!

    WHO IS THE PROPHET OF ANTI-LIFE?!

    WHO IS THE ROCK AND THE CHAIN AND THE LIGHTNING?!

    ALL POWERFUL!

    ALL UNFORGIVING!

    ALL CONQUERING!


    WHO IS YOUR NEW GOD NOW AND FOREVER?!


    Darkseidis.jpg

    Spectre-x on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Oh! But, but...Molecule Man?

    Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Gear Girl wrote:
    We need one of these that is entirely villiains now.
    That'd be no fun.

    Who could hope to defeat Doom?

    Stilt Man.

    Hensler on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    Hensler wrote:
    Gear Girl wrote:
    We need one of these that is entirely villiains now.
    That'd be no fun.

    Who could hope to defeat Doom?

    Stilt Man.
    is dead. The challangers to his throne:
    Crazy_Quilt_DC.jpg
    kite-man.jpg
    image25333.jpg

    Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Kite-Man is dead as well.

    Bloods End on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Kite-Man is dead as well.
    His spirit is ever soaring.

    ....Well, gliding.

    Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Kite-Man died twice in the last year or some shit.

    Spectre-x on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Darkseid is the best Villain ever.
    Thanos'd kick his teeth in.

    No, actually Thanos would attempt to kick Darkseid's teeth in, but then Darkseid would erase him from existence using the Omega Effect.
    Alright, you have said before that Silver Surfer is way more powerful than Superman. Silver Surfer has trouble with Thanos. Superman fights Darkseid, and does not get completely destroyed.

    Every time Superman has beaten Darkseid has been extremely poorly written.

    Example: In the Superman/Batman Supergirl arc, Superman beats Darkseid by flying him into the sun. In the same storyline, Darkseid gets beaten by Batman in the most retarded way possible. This should be ignored, because it makes Darkseid out to be completely retarded. Also, the Omega Effect is avoided in that storyline, which is, you know, flat-out impossible to do. That's the thing about the Omega Effect. It cannot be avoided. In any way. Ever. It will hit you eventually. It will go around or through any barrier, physical, dimensional or temporal, and it will hit its target. It's completely retarded.

    Darkseid has enough power to take on the Legion of Superheroes on his own, and win.

    Darkseid can mind-control thousands upon thousands of people simultaneously. He can transmute matter at will, and has access to technology not even Thanos can even concieve of. Darkseid has also been alive for countless millennia. He's at least ten times as old and experienced as Thanos.

    Darkseid is a Galactus-level cosmic power, he is the god of evil, and he is vital to the fabric of reality.

    Darkseid would beat the shit out of Thanos.

    While Darkseid would pretty much beat the shit out of everyone, I don't think you're giving Thanos enough credit.

    Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Darkseid is the best Villain ever.
    Thanos'd kick his teeth in.

    No, actually Thanos would attempt to kick Darkseid's teeth in, but then Darkseid would erase him from existence using the Omega Effect.
    Alright, you have said before that Silver Surfer is way more powerful than Superman. Silver Surfer has trouble with Thanos. Superman fights Darkseid, and does not get completely destroyed.

    Every time Superman has beaten Darkseid has been extremely poorly written.

    Example: In the Superman/Batman Supergirl arc, Superman beats Darkseid by flying him into the sun. In the same storyline, Darkseid gets beaten by Batman in the most retarded way possible. This should be ignored, because it makes Darkseid out to be completely retarded. Also, the Omega Effect is avoided in that storyline, which is, you know, flat-out impossible to do. That's the thing about the Omega Effect. It cannot be avoided. In any way. Ever. It will hit you eventually. It will go around or through any barrier, physical, dimensional or temporal, and it will hit its target. It's completely retarded.

    Darkseid has enough power to take on the Legion of Superheroes on his own, and win.

    Darkseid can mind-control thousands upon thousands of people simultaneously. He can transmute matter at will, and has access to technology not even Thanos can even concieve of. Darkseid has also been alive for countless millennia. He's at least ten times as old and experienced as Thanos.

    Darkseid is a Galactus-level cosmic power, he is the god of evil, and he is vital to the fabric of reality.

    Darkseid would beat the shit out of Thanos.

    While Darkseid would pretty much beat the shit out of everyone, I don't think you're giving Thanos enough credit.

    Thanos would certainly put up a good fight against Darkseid.

    But Darkseid would still fucking kill him.

    Spectre-x on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Darkseid is the best Villain ever.
    Thanos'd kick his teeth in.

    No, actually Thanos would attempt to kick Darkseid's teeth in, but then Darkseid would erase him from existence using the Omega Effect.
    Alright, you have said before that Silver Surfer is way more powerful than Superman. Silver Surfer has trouble with Thanos. Superman fights Darkseid, and does not get completely destroyed.

    Every time Superman has beaten Darkseid has been extremely poorly written.

    Example: In the Superman/Batman Supergirl arc, Superman beats Darkseid by flying him into the sun. In the same storyline, Darkseid gets beaten by Batman in the most retarded way possible. This should be ignored, because it makes Darkseid out to be completely retarded. Also, the Omega Effect is avoided in that storyline, which is, you know, flat-out impossible to do. That's the thing about the Omega Effect. It cannot be avoided. In any way. Ever. It will hit you eventually. It will go around or through any barrier, physical, dimensional or temporal, and it will hit its target. It's completely retarded.

    Darkseid has enough power to take on the Legion of Superheroes on his own, and win.

    Darkseid can mind-control thousands upon thousands of people simultaneously. He can transmute matter at will, and has access to technology not even Thanos can even concieve of. Darkseid has also been alive for countless millennia. He's at least ten times as old and experienced as Thanos.

    Darkseid is a Galactus-level cosmic power, he is the god of evil, and he is vital to the fabric of reality.

    Darkseid would beat the shit out of Thanos.

    While Darkseid would pretty much beat the shit out of everyone, I don't think you're giving Thanos enough credit.

    Thanos would certainly put up a good fight against Darkseid.

    But Darkseid would still fucking kill him.

    At one point Thanos gained complete omnipotence. And then he gave it up because he wanted to bone Death.

    He is pretty hardcore. Didn't he kill half the marvel universe at one point?

    In any event, what are some good Darkseid stories besides the one where

    [spoiler:cb39b0adb2]the atom kills him[/spoiler:cb39b0adb2]

    Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Using the Infinity Gauntlet, yes. Darkseid could have easily done that, too.

    There have been numerous timelines where Darkseid fucked everyone's shit up, too.

    EDIT: Basically any of Kirby's New Gods stuff, Grant Morrison's written him pretty awesomely in his JLA run and in Mister Miracle.

    Spectre-x on
  • Options
    NinjaSquirrelNinjaSquirrel Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Darkseid is the best Villain ever.
    Thanos'd kick his teeth in.

    No, actually Thanos would attempt to kick Darkseid's teeth in, but then Darkseid would erase him from existence using the Omega Effect.
    Alright, you have said before that Silver Surfer is way more powerful than Superman. Silver Surfer has trouble with Thanos. Superman fights Darkseid, and does not get completely destroyed.

    Every time Superman has beaten Darkseid has been extremely poorly written.

    Example: In the Superman/Batman Supergirl arc, Superman beats Darkseid by flying him into the sun. In the same storyline, Darkseid gets beaten by Batman in the most retarded way possible. This should be ignored, because it makes Darkseid out to be completely retarded. Also, the Omega Effect is avoided in that storyline, which is, you know, flat-out impossible to do. That's the thing about the Omega Effect. It cannot be avoided. In any way. Ever. It will hit you eventually. It will go around or through any barrier, physical, dimensional or temporal, and it will hit its target. It's completely retarded.

    Darkseid has enough power to take on the Legion of Superheroes on his own, and win.

    Darkseid can mind-control thousands upon thousands of people simultaneously. He can transmute matter at will, and has access to technology not even Thanos can even concieve of. Darkseid has also been alive for countless millennia. He's at least ten times as old and experienced as Thanos.

    Darkseid is a Galactus-level cosmic power, he is the god of evil, and he is vital to the fabric of reality.

    Darkseid would beat the shit out of Thanos.

    While Darkseid would pretty much beat the shit out of everyone, I don't think you're giving Thanos enough credit.

    Thanos would certainly put up a good fight against Darkseid.

    But Darkseid would still fucking kill him.

    At one point Thanos gained complete omnipotence. And then he gave it up because he wanted to bone Death.

    He is pretty hardcore. Didn't he kill half the marvel universe at one point?
    Wasn't that when he had the Infinity Gauntlet though? Give that to Darkseid and he could do the same thing.

    NinjaSquirrel on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Darkseid wouldn't do anything as lame as kill half the universe for fun. He'd use it to mind-control everybody in the universe.

    Spectre-x on
  • Options
    NinjaSquirrelNinjaSquirrel Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    It wasn't for fun. It was to win over a woman. Seems like a good reason.

    NinjaSquirrel on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    It's still not as good as bending everyone to your will and feeding off of their misery.

    Spectre-x on
  • Options
    NinjaSquirrelNinjaSquirrel Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Yeah, Thanos had their suffering end in an instant, Darkseid would make it last for a long long time. Which sounds more like an evil super-being to you?

    NinjaSquirrel on
Sign In or Register to comment.