As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Diablo-clones (PC and Console)

2»

• Options
    LagnarLagnar Halifax, Nova scotiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Id have to recomend the Gaulent games. Ive only played the N64 and the PS2 versions (Well, one of the PS2 ones, I think there were a few) along with one on the 360 but to my knowlage they all follow the same idea (someone with more experence may correct me on this if im wrong).

Eh, there was an older game called "Darkstone" which I played for a bit, and it played just like diablo. It may be hard to find though, as it was released in 1999 or so. I rember playing it one day, and not stopping for a few hours (which I never did with Diablo), but thats about all I remember of it.

EDIT: Turns out it was release on the Playstaion one as well, so you may be able to find it that way too.

Lagnar on
  • Options
    RenegadeDrizztRenegadeDrizzt Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    i mean, monster hunter 2 freedom for the psp is most certainly where it's at.

RenegadeDrizzt on
  • Options
    dolemelangedolemelange Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    Nox sp was blah, mp was the most insane fantasy deathmatch you will ever experience.
    Titan Quest is Diablo 2.5, best of the lot. No contest.
    Sacred 2 is so generic and boring it makes me wanna stab myself with a pen to check if I'm still awake.
    Divine Divinity was awesome, even had a touch of Ultima in it. SPIDER BOTS!

DD was great fun, it reminded me of the good old days of Ultima for sure.

dolemelange on
  • Options
    SkexisSkexis Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    Titan Quest is Diablo 2.5, best of the lot. No contest.

I really tried to like this game, and the masteries were pretty cool, but I always found myself wanting to play something else when I tried to give it a chance.

I can't really fault them for wanting a Greek mythology game, but it never really struck me as inspired design, you know? Everything that made Diablo stand out, like the setting and the lore, was strained down to bland, repetitive environments and characters.

I mean, seriously, the game made me sleepy more than once.

Skexis on
  • Options
    sonictksonictk Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I love Divine Divinity, but the fact that I can't run it in windowed mode saddens me greatly. =\

sonictk on