As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] Canadian Supertrip 2009 : Goin' to Seattle, eh?

• X1ZeroX1Zero Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I would totally drive! Make it a whole event that's full of shenanigans!

X1Zero on
    - X1Zero
  • eleikaeleika Registered User new member
    edited August 2009
    We (my husband and I) are taking the 6:30 pm Greyhound down on Thursday from Vancouver, and the 10pm Greyhound back on Sunday. We don't want to stay an extra night, but we want to attend whatever closing ceremonies there are. Would some kind and helpful soul let us know: is this enough time?

eleika on
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yes. PAX closes everything way before that.

Although coming down at 6:30pm means you wont get to go to anything pre-pax... Which is lame.

parabola on
    edited August 2009
    parabola wrote: »
    Yes. PAX closes everything way before that.

Although coming down at 6:30pm means you wont get to go to anything pre-pax... Which is lame.
    Meh, it's hard enough getting the Friday off when your job has anything to do with education. We're okay with that.

eleika on
    edited August 2009
    (But thanks for the info!)

eleika on
  • AbsintheMindedAbsintheMinded Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    eleika wrote: »
    We (my husband and I) are taking the 6:30 pm Greyhound down on Thursday from Vancouver, and the 10pm Greyhound back on Sunday. We don't want to stay an extra night, but we want to attend whatever closing ceremonies there are. Would some kind and helpful soul let us know: is this enough time?

In 2007 and 2008 the Omegathon Final (closing cerimonies) ended at 6pm and the doors closed at 7pm. I don't have any other schedules handy but I believe it's pretty much always been around the same time. Although the official schedule is not yet ready for public consumption, you can wager the times will be similar this year.

So without giving a definate yes, (which can't be done until the schedule is officially released) I can say that you should be more than covered for time if you aren't leaving until 10pm. They could decide to close two hours later than the last two years and you'd still have enough time to catch your bus.

AbsintheMinded on
  • k3rnelpanick3rnelpanic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Maybe I missed this somewhere but what timezone are all the scheduled times in? I assume PST but I don't want to end up somewhere an hour late or early.

k3rnelpanic on
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    @ you bus ppl.

which bus are most of you taking back to Vancouver? I have a friend who's going to drive down with the CST in our car, but will take the bus back.

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I believe most people will probably be taking a bus on Monday morning (sometime between 9 and 12), I don't think there will really be a set bus that people are taking back, but there will probably be at least a couple Vancouver PAXers on each of the morning buses on Monday.

Wormdundee on
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    SmallLady wrote: »
    @ you bus ppl.

which bus are most of you taking back to Vancouver? I have a friend who's going to drive down with the CST in our car, but will take the bus back.

Myself and Absinthe will be taking the 3:15 PM bus back on Monday.

tr0tsky on
    edited August 2009
    awesome thanks!

SmallLady on
  • refragrefrag Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Just in time for PAX, Amtrak announced the second train between Vancouver and Seattle. Starting August 19th.
    http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/News/2009/08/08122009_AmtrakCascadessecondtrain.htm

I'll be taking the train Thursday morning, and coming home Sunday night.

Costs a bit more than Greyhound, but I find the ride a lot more comfortable and the border crossing much smoother.

refrag on
    edited August 2009
    A bit late to change from greyhound to the amtrak train now... Since a lot of us probably have bought tickets (non-refundable) ... Next year thats a good option though.

parabola on
  • AbsintheMindedAbsintheMinded Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That 6:30am departure is a little harsh, but all in all good news.

For the purposes of PAX, the fact that the Amtrack station is on the other side of Seattle, and the Greyhound station is walking distance from PAX is enough reason that I'll probably still bus it next year.

However I'll be taking advantage of that train the next time I head down for a Seahawks game. :mrgreen:

AbsintheMinded on
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Just got confirmation from X1Zero that the forum badges for CST have made it across the Atlantic and are in his possession. Now all he has to do is work out how he's going to get them to you all...

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

edited August 2009
    @tr0tsky/Bus Crew: I will be a Jimz briefly on the 28th. I will give you the badges you need for the bus crew.

For everyone else, we meet at the Bow Hill Rest Area. Bring a Sharpie.

Is anyone else that is going to PAX not going to be with tr0tsky at the bus, at Jimz or at the Bow Hill Rest Area? If so, I need to know ASAP so I can somehow deliver the badges to you.

Please PM.

Thx

X1Zero on
    - X1Zero
  • elmayoelmayo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Alrighty peoples,

I spent some time (a lot) at work mapping out the current routes so people could see them layed out on a map. I have included departure times for each location as well as addresses for using a GPS.
    I did not map out the Victoria Route as there are currently noone registered for it and it is pretty much just ferry rides meeting up with the Vancouver Route

Also, since we are now only 15 days away and my group is still the only group currently signed up for the Vancouver to Seattle leg of the trip, I propose that we alter our route a little. I have made a second map, in which I will also provide a link to, which has the Western groups(which is just us atm) departing from Colossus Langley and meeting up with the Eastern groups at Castle Fun Park. It is a little out of the way for us but it will give us a little more time driving with the whole group as opposed to just the last few hours. I have discussed it with my group and they are definitely game for the idea.

Here are the links:

http://bit.ly/BzlWT - The Canadian Supertrip as it is planned on the threads first page.

http://bit.ly/i9DMp - The Canadian Supertrip with proposed West Route Changes (east was not changed)

Please let me know what you think about the proposed alterations as well let me know of any errors I may have made in either of the maps.

Thanks Guys,
    Elmayo

PAX COUNTDOWN 09: |16D 18H 3M 20S|

elmayo on
    edited August 2009
    Makes no difference to me.
    Either way, my group and I are meeting everyone at Bow Hill

X1Zero on
    - X1Zero
    edited August 2009
    Cool, think we'd prefer to do it that way aslong as we dont get anymore groups that wanna join on the current West route.

Im pretty sure we were the only group that was supposed to be meeting up with you at Bow Hill as it stands. All the other groups would be with you already.

Elmayo

elmayo on
    edited August 2009
    I like this proposed change, as it looks like it could shave an hour off our over all trip.

SmallLady on
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Maybe I missed this somewhere but what timezone are all the scheduled times in? I assume PST but I don't want to end up somewhere an hour late or early.

Sorry it's taken so long to get back here. All the times are listed in Pacific. It does say that just below the "The Routes" header, but it's small. It also says I'd be adding central later, but I've been immensely busy and haven't done that.

I'll be trying to put some effort in this week to update some stuff and contact everyone over the next couple days. Half of my office staff have been gone for the last two months, and it's been about enough work to drown me.

b0wser on
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Elmayo: I can't see anything wrong with those changes. I wish we had more groups on the West branch, but it's tough to recruit people! I've heard so many excuses, most of them weak.

If the West groups want to make this change, they're more than welcome to. As long as we all get to Bow Hill together, things are good by me!

b0wser on
    edited August 2009
    Alrighty then. So unless there are people that wish to join us last min and follow the original Western route. As it stands now, we will meet you guys at Castle Fun Park at 8:05am PST on September 3rd :D.

-Elmayo

elmayo on
  • TeenychickaTeenychicka Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'll be taking the bus from Vancouver on Thursday with my boyfriend as well! But we may have to take a later one, so I'll let you guys know.

Be prepared for DS lurking, muahaha! *cough*

Teenychicka on
    8502184533758290.gif OH YEAH!
    edited August 2009
    I'll be taking the bus from Vancouver on Thursday with my boyfriend as well! But we may have to take a later one, so I'll let you guys know.

Be prepared for DS lurking, muahaha! *cough*

No... Take the early one damnit.

parabola on
  • TeenychickaTeenychicka Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hey, tell that to his boss.

I am stoked for cheesecake. I've got it on mah brain! Must...eat...cheesecake..

Teenychicka on
    8502184533758290.gif OH YEAH!
  • SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm confused about some of these times... it looks like all the vancouver groups are leaving around 7-7:30am and the bow hill meetup is scheduled for noon... it doesn't take that long to get there by my watch... some groups are going to have a LOT of down time waiting for everyone.

On my last trip down there, I made it down to Burlington in about 45 minutes...
    I know Bowser 'sort of' explained this a bunch of posts back, but I still don't quite get why this trip takes so long when it could really take a fraction of the time...
    Someone please explain?

Also my two douche bag friends bailed on me so I am now attending PAX alone D-:<
    This means I have 2 spots available in my Yaris...

EDIT: oh yeah and I'm leaving on the 3rd with the rest of the CST and coming back late morning on the 7th. Staying at the Homewood suites hotel.

Group Leader: Serenity (Derek)
    Starting Waypoint: Pacific crossing or blaine if there isn't actually a meetup at pacific...
    Vehicle: Blue Toyota Yaris '07
    Riders: 1 :-(
    Unconfirmed Riders: 1 (still a slight chance my other friend is coming...)
    Space Available: 2
    Would really like to fill the 2 other spots up in my car, so if anyone still needs a ride... gas is on me; all I ask is that you pitch in for parking down there.

I'm not actually signing up late, I actually signed up a while ago but for some reason I'm not anywhere on the list...

Also, with the new golden ears bridge in, Langley is actually close than Abby is now... hence (Bowser) why I chose the western group and not the abby group.

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • degreesplatinumdegreesplatinum aka. casual_geek Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This is last minute... yeah, so I apologize. For the longest time, I really thought I wasn't gonna make it to PAX this year. But after some last minute crunches, I think I should have enough money for the epic weekend.

With that note... I have two more available spots in my car.

Here's a bit of a catch though... I have to work until 10am on Thursday so our departure time will be sometime after that (between 11am-12pm). In any case, I won't be able to meet up with the rest of the Canadian CCST at the waypoints. All I can guarantee is that we'll be there at some point on Thursday. Most likely just before the pre-PAX dinner/triwizard drinking tourney.

Another second catch... my initial plans for PAX is that I'm gonna be leaving on Sunday night. Unless any of you would be more than happy to accomodate me for another night, I sorta have to leave on a Sunday night. I would love to stay for another day, but the friends that I'm going with are only gonna be there until Sunday.

Group Leader: degreesplatinum
    Starting Waypoint: to be discussed, but obviously somewhere in Vancouver
    Vehicle: 2009 Jeep Patriot
    Riders: 3
    Unconfirmed Riders:
    Space Available: 2

So yeah, just PM me for further inquiries

degreesplatinum on
  • ZionadZionad CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    parking is free at homewood suites for customers... and its walking distance to pax

Zionad on
    I do it all for the pew pew
  • SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Zionad wrote: »
    parking is free at homewood suites for customers... and its walking distance to pax
    Is it really? interesting...
    And yes, I'm aware it's within walking distance.

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • CgkyleCgkyle Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Daedaleus wrote: »
    I'll be joining the trip again this year.

Group Leader: Daedaleus, alternate contact: CgKyle
    Starting Waypoint: Merrit info booth
    Vehicle: 1995 Chevrolet Suburban LT (Black)
    Riders: Myself, CgKyle, Stv, Steph
    Unconfirmed Riders: 0
    Space Available: 0

Okay so new update we will no longer be taking the Suburban down. We will be taking a Chrysler Pacifica instead.

Cgkyle on
  • SandDogsSandDogs Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    RIDED!! ;p

[strike]Single passenger needs ride (Vancouver Area)

I've finished booking everything for my trip except for the transportation and was wondering if anybody would like to have another passenger on the way down (I'll find my way back home though) I don't have a car so where I can meet you is a little bit limited but I can meet you at any Skytrain station, Coquitlam Centre, anywhere downtown (Vancouver) or Willowbrooke Mall in Langley (I know the places are all over the place but that's 'cause I can sleep over with family near those locations)... I am also more then willing to help with gas money.

PM me if you have any other questions.[/strike]

SandDogs on
    edited August 2009
    Greyhound :D

tr0tsky on
  • SandDogsSandDogs Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh yeah for sure I know I am going to Greyhound it if nothing else comes up I'd just rather partake in the Canadian CCST (with the stops and all) if I could ;p

SandDogs on
    edited August 2009
    SandDogs wrote: »
    Oh yeah for sure I know I am going to Greyhound it if nothing else comes up I'd just rather partake in the Canadian CCST (with the stops and all) if I could ;p

I hear the Greyhound trip is full of win and epic antics.

X1Zero on
    - X1Zero
    edited August 2009

The 8 am greyhound on thursday is part of the CST...there's like 10-15 of us on it (I haven't counted lately). Stops are overrated :)

tr0tsky on
    edited August 2009
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    Stops are overrated :)

Because the Greyhound HAS NO BRAKES!

Wormdundee on
    edited August 2009
    Wormdundee wrote: »
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    Stops are overrated :)

Because the Greyhound HAS NO BRAKES!

I think you're confusing the Greyhound with the Rape Train. That's a very dangerous thing to do.

tr0tsky on
    edited August 2009
    The melding of the two is what's dangerous.

Wormdundee on
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The rape hound is a secret club on davies street.

delphinus on
This discussion has been closed.