As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] Canadian Supertrip 2009 : Goin' to Seattle, eh?

1234568»

• ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    delphinus wrote: »
    The rape hound is a secret club on davies street.

You would know that...

ACC3SS on
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    they serve great wings.
    the ranch dip is excellent.

....wait a sec...

delphinus on
  • b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Serenity wrote: »
    I'm confused about some of these times... it looks like all the vancouver groups are leaving around 7-7:30am and the bow hill meetup is scheduled for noon... it doesn't take that long to get there by my watch... some groups are going to have a LOT of down time waiting for everyone.

It's mostly a buffer for a variable border crossing time. Sometimes it's fast, sometimes not. It's early enough that it should let us cut that fat time right off, and get us all down there a lot sooner. It's really just a cushioned schedule-- if everyone's on location early, we just go! We have enough cushion time to keep us all together in one big pack on the I-5, and get us there earlier than scheduled. If there's nobody listed for the Delta Chevron stop, you get to cut that time off the Western route also.

It only took us about ten minutes of border lineup, and another 20 or so for post-border regroup at Sumas last year, but I don't know what Peace Arch & Pacific were like. I assume they'll be just as fast.

b0wser on
  • elmayoelmayo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Alrighty guys,

Its been a little bit since my last post and unfortunately a lot has changed.

My group (for CST anyway) has changed to as follows:

Group Leader: Elmayo
    Starting Waypoint: Will meet anyone coming from Vancouver area at the Blaine regroup if you wish, otherwise Bow Hill rest area due to the fact that my group has decided they do not wish to drive out to Castle Fun Park (Sorry B0wser, noticed you changed us already)
    Vehicle: Blue 2008 Nissan Versa
    Riders: 5 Confirmed
    Unconfirmed Riders: 0
    Space Available: None, Sorry
    Elmayo(Russ)
    Email: [email protected]
    MSN: [email protected]
    Phone: 778-808-6844 (For texts only, only call on the day of if needed)
    PIN: 302F1BEE (Add me on Blackberry Messenger if you wish)

So I have lost a car of my group due to the fact that the driver is working until 4pm and will be driving down with the other remaining 3 people that night.

I know that I talked a lot about meeting up at Castle Fun Park, which I am still game for, but since im not the driver and the consensus of the group seems to be nay, we would prefer to meet across the border.
    Also I noticed that we got a few more groups coming down from Vancouver and as I stated before, it kinda makes no point of us to drive out that way if there are people coming from over here too. I was just pushing for it as we were the only Vancouverish based group. Sorry again for making you change it B0wser and now having to change it back :(

We would prefer to make our starting meet up point the Blaine regroup stop as we are planning on taking the Aldergrove border crossing as it has proven in the past to have the shortest wait times. Please let me know if anyone from the western group is interested in meeting up there as if there is no-one, we will just bypass it and head straight for Bow Hill.

As you may have noticed I also added my Phone number and PIN to accompany my MSN and email address in my contact info. This is because where although I do check the forums every day, it seems to take a long time to accomplish anything. This may change as we are getting down to the wire, but better safe than sorry I say. Feel free to add me to MSN, BB messenger or just PIN or Text me, especially if you are a Vancouver group and you would like to meet up before Bow Hill. Also B0wser, I would very much like to be able to contact you in much more frequent intervals if need be as you are the coordinator and the only one that can update the main page :P.

Alright, I hope I wasn't confusing and sorry for all the mind changing.
    I will be monitoring the forums daily.
    I hope to hear from a few of you but if I dont, I will see you all at the Bow Hill rest area at 12:00pm on the 3rd :D.

Thanks,
    -Elmayo

P.s If anyone still needs/wants it. Here is the link to the map I made for the original CST 2009 route.

http://bit.ly/BzlWT

elmayo on
  • ArcaetalArcaetal Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Travesties!

My unconfirmed rider has bailed on me. Something about starting a new job, needing the money, blah blah. This means that I will be driving down in an empty car. This won't be a problem for me money-wise, but it will make a long drive that much harder to endure.

So if there is anyone who was looking for a ride for 2-3 people, send me an email or a PM.
    I can pick you up anywhere along the Eastern Route too!

Please. Do it for my sanity.

Arcaetal on
    One man's brain plus one other will produce one half as many ideas as one man would have produced alone. These two plus two more will produce half again as many ideas. These four plus four more begin to represent a creative meeting, and the ratio changes to one quarter as many ... - Anthony Chevins
    This explains the internet.
    edited August 2009
    Elmayo: You might want to contact Serenity directly to decide on meeting up in Blaine, since he's the only other Western group leader.

I've got the roster updated with any changes up to tonight. I will e-mail people either today or tomorrow to remind everyone to check in, and if you've posted recently, you don't need to.

b0wser on
  • SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Elmayo: Originally I was just going to bypass the blaine meetup location, but seeing as you're taking the western route also, I don't mind meeting up with you at Blaine. I will be taking the Aldergrove crossing as well as it has shown to be the easiest going and less power trippy crossing. And yes the wait time is usually quite short. PM me if you wanna discuss this in further detail.

As for the rest of ya, see you all at Bow Hill!

Also Still have 1 spot available in my car

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
    edited August 2009
    Fellow Greyhounders:

I've noticed that the Greyhound Bus #6501 has been moved from 8:00am to 7:30am. I only know this because the ticket I picked up says so... I'll try to call and confirm tomorrow... Is anyone else aware of this?

ACC3SS on
  • VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    ACC3SS wrote: »
    Fellow Greyhounders:

I've noticed that the Greyhound Bus #6501 has been moved from 8:00am to 7:30am. I only know this because the ticket I picked up says so... I'll try to call and confirm tomorrow... Is anyone else aware of this?

As of this moment their website still has it at 8am.

Edit: Sure that isn't a suggested arrival time or such? I know they want people there 30 minutes early.

Varcayn on
  • AbsintheMindedAbsintheMinded Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Fellow Greyhounders:

Hrm, it still says 8:00am on the website....

Perhaps they know my ticket says 8:30 so they issued you one that will average out correctly. :P

TBH I won't be too surprised if it was moved.... again.

AbsintheMinded on
    edited August 2009
    Varcayn wrote: »
    Fellow Greyhounders:

Edit: Sure that isn't a suggested arrival time or such? I know they want people there 30 minutes early.

o_O

You're totally right.

See you guys at 7:30! :P

ACC3SS on
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Silly ACC3SS, trix are for kids!

I mean...see you at 7:30!

Wormdundee on
  • CeldaCelda Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hey guys, if anyone is leaving Seattle on Sunday, and is going to Vancouver or can drop me off in Vancouver, please contact me! I really need a ride back from Seattle-Vancouver on Sunday. I'm not going to PAX, but Bumbershoot, however meeting up should be quite easy. Please give me an email: celdazero at yahoo dot ca

Thanks!

Celda on
  • HammyHammy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hopefully will see some Greyhounders on the later 10:20am bus. Coming from the island, we can't possibly make the 7:30am/8:00am/8:30am greyhound. Hopefully see some people! Have your DS handy, pictochat open, and get ready to draw some penis'

Hammy on
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I am considering meeting at a couple of the waypoints just for fun, but don't have a definitive answer yet.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    but the friends that I'm going with are only gonna be there until Sunday.

I'm so glad you are coming! <3

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Sumi wrote: »
    I am considering meeting at a couple of the waypoints just for fun, but don't have a definitive answer yet.

PShhh, Sumi ya better be doin' the CST with us!

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Cyan_Cyan_ Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    Hey, folks,

Sorry for the late notice, but I'm going to withdraw from the CST this year. The original plan was to have a rider or two with me, along with another vehicle in Calgary. Unfortunately, those plans have fallen through, so I've decided to make my way down to PAX 'solo'.

I'm leaving after work today, then camping overnight in Jasper tonight. I'll then take Highway 5 down through Valemount, Kamloops, and Merritt to Vancouver tomorrow. After that, I'll drive to Seattle from Vancouver on Thursday. So, there's a possibility I could meet up at a CST waypoint near Vancouver.

On the other hand, if anyone needs a lift along Highway 5, I have plenty of seats.

Cheers.

Cyan_ on
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Celda wrote: »
    Hey guys, if anyone is leaving Seattle on Sunday, and is going to Vancouver or can drop me off in Vancouver, please contact me! I really need a ride back from Seattle-Vancouver on Sunday. I'm not going to PAX, but Bumbershoot, however meeting up should be quite easy. Please give me an email: celdazero at yahoo dot ca

Thanks!

Is taking the greyhound back not an option for you?

Wormdundee on
    edited September 2009
    Hey Serenity,

Sent you a PM but you havent responded yet :P. Was wandering if you wanted to meet up someone where just over the Aldergrove border crossing as opposed to the designated CST stop as it seems to be a little bit of backtracking.

If yes, I just need to know a time and a place so we can make it to Bow Hill by Noon.

Or we could just do it separate and meet there, your call :D.

Thanks,
    -Elmayo

elmayo on
    edited September 2009
    Looks like I'm the only car starting from Edmonton. I guess I don't have to worry about the waypoint now :mrgreen:

I'm still going to stop at the Tim Horton's/Wendy's at South Edmonton Common anyway. It makes sense to grab some food there and then hit the road to the Calgary waypoint.

So if ANYONE was on the fence about how they were getting to PAX, now's your last chance to jump on the crazy caravan.

Just post here, send me an email, or PM me. I will be checking all 3 regularly.
    Or, you can meet me at the Tim Horton's/Wendy's. I'll be driving a white Volkswagen GTI. It'll have a FSM logo on the back.

I'll be leaving at 5:00 MST (4:00 PST).

I'll see the rest of you at the Waypoints!

Arcaetal

Arcaetal on
    One man's brain plus one other will produce one half as many ideas as one man would have produced alone. These two plus two more will produce half again as many ideas. These four plus four more begin to represent a creative meeting, and the ratio changes to one quarter as many ... - Anthony Chevins
  • SnoowySnoowy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hurray for last minute changes! Or sadness:(

Turns out my group isn't going to be on the CST. We are still leaving Thursday but we are going to leave 3 hours earlier. My driver doesn't want to leave so late for some reason. Scared of the dark perhaps.

So boo hoo for us. But good driving to you all and have a good weekend.

Snoowy on
    Snoowii.png
  • CeldaCelda Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yes, I can take the Greyhound, it's just a little expensive at $35 one-way. Whereas gas one-way is $25-30, and then divided between at least 2 people (or more if more are in the car).

It's also slower, have to be at the depot or risk missing it, etc.

Celda on
  • TorrenTorren Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    cant wait till tomorrow for the start of the pax

Torren on
  • DaedaleusDaedaleus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    just an update. my group is still going, but we are now taking a Chrysler Pacifica instead of the Suburban.

Daedaleus on
  • k3rnelpanick3rnelpanic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    We're on the way. Looks like we might be in Calgary an hour early. Watch out for a silver toyota matrix with sask plates.

Sweet sweet tethered modem

k3rnelpanic on
  • applecoreapplecore Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    Hi guys,

I bought my ticket to PAX and my bus ticket to Seattle..but I thought I would be getting a ride home to Vancouver from a friend who is no longer coming to PAX.

I can't really afford a train or bus ticket home, so I was just wondering if anyone had a spot in their car on the way back to Vancouver?

email me at [email protected]

Thanks!!

applecore on
    edited September 2009
    AND SO IT BEGINS!

Our great journey to PAX is upon us! We have heard the clarion call of our nerdly bretheren, and now we return to our capitol, our respite. Let's do this.

b0wser on
  • ThatHalflingThatHalfling Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    We are in Calgary sitting at the Timmies, again tethered modems and netbooks are win.

ThatHalfling on
  • X1ZeroX1Zero Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    See you all at Bow Hill at noon!

I have about 40 forum badges on me. So first come, first serve!

X1Zero on
    - X1Zero
    edited September 2009
    posting about 120km from Kamloops. We are murdering the schedule. Looking forward to a nap in Merrit.

k3rnelpanic on
    edited September 2009
    GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!

See ya all at Bow Hill

-Elmayo

elmayo on
    edited September 2009
    Holy crap, you guys are hauling some ass on this one. Enjoy that nap, I'm about to catch mine.

I've got a bunch of numbers in my phone, so if I don't know where some people are, they just might get a text. See you in the morning!

b0wser on
    edited September 2009
    so the merrit info booth is closed at night. That is unfortunate.were just waiting for the others to arrive

k3rnelpanic on
    edited September 2009
    Arrival in Seattle Accomplishment Unlocked!

Your receive:

The chance to finally succumb to the sweet siren call of sleep! Without the risk of hot, fiery car on tree action!

[Cue RPG sleep music, fade to black]

--Arcaetal

Arcaetal on
This discussion has been closed.