As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MotW 01-28-09: Plan B is in Spain

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I would love to see a Kingpin and Norman Osborn rivalry in Dark Avengers.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Who wields more power now? Kingpin or Osborn? And is still even called Kingpin? Isn't Hood the Kingpin now?

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Kingpin has no power, other than in name alone. People fear Wilson Fisk because of who he is. But he's been living in exile for the past couple years in Europe with no stake in NYC (that we know of).

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Non-powered crooks and people who distrust the Hood are going to unite under him pretty fast if he comes back, though.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I forget, is he still blind, or did he get cured of that?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Non-powered crooks and people who distrust the Hood are going to unite under him pretty fast if he comes back, though.

Have the super criminals ever had so much success though except under the Hood? ANd didn't Hood beat up Kingpin or was that someone else?

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well, given the last issue of Daredevil...
    I believe the Hand are going to try and get Fisk as their new leader

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    All that hapenned, just noone remembers his identity.

They really need to just tell us the in-universe explanation

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yep but its probably jus going to be ignored indefinitely until someone new finds out his identity.

If it does get undone and he and MJ remember, hopefully MJ will leave and he'll fall into drunken sex with Black Cat on a regular basis and MJ will die in a fire.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So is the next issue a good time to jump on with Daredevil then?

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    BigDes wrote: »

Yeah, new arc starts with the February issue. They're bringing back Kingpin which will be cool.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yep but its probably jus going to be ignored indefinitely until someone new finds out his identity.

If it does get undone and he and MJ remember, hopefully MJ will leave and he'll fall into drunken sex with Black Cat on a regular basis and MJ will die in a fire.

part of the deal instead unrapes black cat too

this is important

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    O_o She was raped?

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    BigDes wrote: »

Yeah, new arc starts with the February issue. They're bringing back Kingpin which will be cool.

Excellent.

For all its flaws, SI has got me into Marvel in a big way.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009

But MJ remembers it already for one thing

And I doubt it will be ignored indefinitely for another

Me Too! on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    O_o She was raped?
    In Kevin Smith's The Evil That Men Do

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

this is important

so if the deal was undone, would she be reraped? Deunraped? Would she exist in a superposition of raped and unraped, like some bizarre rapist Schrodinger's Cat? Would the very act of trying to find out whether she had been raped cause her to become one of the two?

We need to establish the correct terminology here before we go any futher.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    O_o She was raped?
    In Kevin Smith's The Evil That Men Do

Jesus christ, what the fuck is wrong with him? He has real Mysterio commit suicide and rapes Black Cat? Does he just not like Spider-Man that much?

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    He's doing a Joss Whedon impersonation.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    spidey should ditch all his women who aren't the black cat and then fuck the shit out of the black cat every day

seriously what is wrong with him

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    spidey should ditch all his women who aren't the black cat and then fuck the shit out of the black cat every day

I think I heard this exact sentence in 9th grade during Lunch

Lux on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It's kind of absurd that she hasn't shown up in Spider-Man in so long. She's really a pretty awesome character.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    It's kind of absurd that she hasn't shown up in Spider-Man in so long. She's really a pretty awesome character.

We haven't seen most of the classic Spider-Man villains in a while.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

addendum: he should ditch all of his women who won't have sex with him and black cat

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    All his girlfriends suck for being one form of shallow nerd wish-fulfillment (girl next door, sexy party girl, sex kitten) or another, though MJ wins simply because she lasted long enough to develop to a satisfactory level.

Ideally he'd date someone he actually has something in common with, though.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

this is important

so if the deal was undone, would she be reraped? Deunraped? Would she exist in a superposition of raped and unraped, like some bizarre rapist Schrodinger's Cat? Would the very act of trying to find out whether she had been raped cause her to become one of the two?

no she would just get raped in the past and remember it for no good reason, just like Kevin Smith wanted!

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    All his girlfriends suck for being one form of shallow nerd wish-fulfillment (girl next door, sexy party girl, sex kitten) or another, though MJ wins simply because she lasted long enough to develop to a satisfactory level.

What other kind of girl is there? BC would at least accept him and his super heroing life and can somewhat protect herself, MJ is annoying cannon fodder that people inexplicably love despite her being a pain in the ass. She must be awesome inbed, its the only explanation.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

She must be awesome inbed, its the only explanation.

well how do you think she made it in acting?

her talent?

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Oh yeah I forgot, shes not just a super model but also an actress who doesn't even seem to provide the support that Jarvis did and yet is just auto-liked by all the heroes and isn't bitchy at all and etc, etc, etc. Of the three, BC, MJ and GS, shes probably the worst by far.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

What other kind of girl is there? BC would at least accept him and his super heroing life and can somewhat protect herself, MJ is annoying cannon fodder that people inexplicably love despite her being a pain in the ass. She must be awesome inbed, its the only explanation.

It's not like Black Cat is the only person capable of accepting his superhero life, though. Hell, even MJ managed to do as much, and without attempting to coax Spider-Man into stealing or revealing his identity at that.

Anyway, I rank them MJ>Black Cat>Gwen Stacy with Betty Brant and Debra Whitman nowhere on the list because I've never read a story with either as the love interest before.

As for other kinds of women, the two love interests who recently showed up in Amazing Spider-Man are good examples (police scientist and Front Line reporter), though neither has much of a personality and Peter himself hasn't been shown to have any interest in them at all.

Hell, if I'd forgotten about the marriage too, I might think Peter was gay (for Johnny Storm).

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

But then we wouldn't have jokes about that Olde Parker Luck, hyuck hyuck hyuck!

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    One would think that getting bitten by a radioactive spider and gaining super-powers would be considered pretty lucky.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Junior YankJunior Yank Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I forget, is he still blind, or did he get cured of that?

He had "reconstructive surgery" midway (?) through Bendis's run.

Junior Yank on
  • Options
    TankTank Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    My moment of the week was in Ultimate Spider-man where Aunt May walks out of the police station and we get a two page splash of the after-affects of the tidal wave.

Tank on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

this is important

no she would just get raped in the past and remember it for no good reason, just like Kevin Smith wanted!
    but would it be the same rape, or a new, different rape suddenly always haven taking place in the past

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Oh yeah I forgot, shes not just a super model but also an actress who doesn't even seem to provide the support that Jarvis did and yet is just auto-liked by all the heroes and isn't bitchy at all and etc, etc, etc. Of the three, BC, MJ and GS, shes probably the worst by far.

Spiderman was invited to join the Avengers because Thor and Tony Stark like to hit on his wife.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    You can't have Black Cat in Amazing Spider-Man because none of her past would make any sense if she didn't know who Spider-Man was!

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Ringo wrote: »
    You can't have Black Cat in Amazing Spider-Man because none of her past would make any sense if she didn't know who Spider-Man was!

It wouldn't be the first time a comic ignored a character's entire prior history!

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Lies! Lies and Slander!

Everything will be explained, at a later date

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Mary Jane beat the shit out of chameleon a time or two! She carried a gun! She is not cannon fodder[i/]. All Powered-Unpowered couples face stuff like that.

Black Cat is cool because you've got the whole, "We both have powers and we're together thing! Let's kick bad guys and have sex!" but beyond that, it has never been that interesting to me.

I'm too young to have actually read stories with Gwen Stacy, so I mostly just imagine that Peter has her up on a pedestal, especially from the HoM thing. He loves Mary Jane, but Gwen will always be the "What if" to him.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog