Options

Pranksters or Government Cover Up

• Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    When you guys are making your plans for the whole zombie apocalypse are we going for old school slow moving zombies or 28 days later fast moving rabid zombies or both? I always play out the fast moving ones because if they turn out to be the slow ones, it'll be cake.

There's a little bit of a disconnect between the types of zombies. On the one hand, there's fast zombies like the 28 Days later type, though it should be noted that 28 Days zombies are actually alive, just infected with the Rage Virus. The typical "Dead" zombies are generally portrayed as slow, shambling and having very poor coordination/balance.

I think the Zombie types that one should plan for would be a a combination of Fast Dead, as unlikely as they are to exist. This Zombie type would probably be the most dangerous. Not only can it move quickly, and most likely with infinite stamina, but due to it's dead status, shots that fail to destroy it's brain would be minimally effective. Additionally, imagine how difficult it would be to hit the head of a zombie running towards you , even jogging towards you.

[edit] tl;dr? What Volu said, but wordier

Ruckus on
  • Options
    Serenity RoseSerenity Rose Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    Ruckus wrote: »
    When you guys are making your plans for the whole zombie apocalypse are we going for old school slow moving zombies or 28 days later fast moving rabid zombies or both? I always play out the fast moving ones because if they turn out to be the slow ones, it'll be cake.

There's a little bit of a disconnect between the types of zombies. On the one hand, there's fast zombies like the 28 Days later type, though it should be noted that 28 Days zombies are actually alive, just infected with the Rage Virus. The typical "Dead" zombies are generally portrayed as slow, shambling and having very poor coordination/balance.

I think the Zombie types that one should plan for would be a a combination of Fast Dead, as unlikely as they are to exist. This Zombie type would probably be the most dangerous. Not only can it move quickly, and most likely with infinite stamina, but due to it's dead status, shots that fail to destroy it's brain would be minimally effective. Additionally, imagine how difficult it would be to hit the head of a zombie running towards you , even jogging towards you.

One thing I don't get is that most of the people that are buried in cemeteries are embalmed. Therefore their bodies are stiff because of the formaldehyde. How would they move?

I spend at least 2 hours a day at my second job which is at a funeral home, if we have bodies in house, I may be fucked.

Serenity Rose on
    I'm not a narcissist. I simply like to watch myself exist.
    boddah_and_goz.gif
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Well again, does anything dead come back? Or do you have to be bitten, die, and then resurrected? Is it just a virus that instantly infects and turns large amounts of the populace?

I mean, really, anything could go down.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

One thing I don't get is that most of the people that are buried in cemeteries are embalmed. Therefore their bodies are stiff because of the formaldehyde. How would they move?

I spend at least 2 hours a day at my second job which is at a funeral home, if we have bodies in house, I may be fucked.

I'm sure formaldehyde mixes with whatever science or voodoo and creates the living dead and gives them the ability to reanimate.

Duh

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Bedigunz wrote: »

I'm sure formaldehyde mixes with whatever science or voodoo and creates the living dead and gives them the ability to reanimate.

Duh

I'll voodoo you! /shakes fist

Serenity Rose on
    boddah_and_goz.gif
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    if these zombies are animated by some compelling force beyond science that can only mean that magic has become real
    in which case I will barricade myself away and study these black arts until I become a powerful dark wizard able to rule over our new Earth

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Captain CthulhuCaptain Cthulhu Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man, if I had seen these sings, I would have taken them seriously and some hobos would have been experiencing the business end of my shotgun.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    If we want to get technical, the creatures that are commonly referred to as "zombies" aren't really zombies at all. They're ghouls. Dead-yet-animated corpses that mindlessly consume flesh.

Zombies are people who have "died" and risen to become the slave of the voodoo priest who transformed them. Often this is achieved through the use of chemicals which cause a person to appear dead when they are actually still alive, albeit at the cost of a great deal of brain-cells.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    if these zombies are animated by some compelling force beyond science that can only mean that magic has become real
    in which case I will barricade myself away and study these black arts until I become a powerful dark wizard able to rule over our new Earth

Being known as "He-who-must-not-be-named" would be pretty badass.

Like, if you say the name Dichotomy, you'll fucking die.

Badass

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

I'd be more careful with statements like these; buncha pervy pervs runnin' around here, bein' all pervtastic.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

I'd be more careful with statements like these; buncha pervy pervs runnin' around here, bein' all pervtastic.

I'll pervy perv your pervtastic! /shakes both fists :P

Serenity Rose on
    boddah_and_goz.gif
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

/double-fists some shakes

mmmm strawberry AND chocolate

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Dichotomy wrote: »

Being known as "He-who-must-not-be-named" would be pretty badass.

Like, if you say the name Dichotomy, you'll fucking die.

Badass

Speaking of "He-Who-Cannot-Be-Named"

He Who Cannot Be Named - Samhain

Would be an awesome song to shoot zombies to.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

I....

I'm at a complete loss for words.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Man, I fucking love zombies.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

a sympathizer!

get him!

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

I liked the Left4Dead zombies. Generally they shambled aimlessly, but if they saw you they'd run towards you. Of course, being undead they had terrible coordination and would often run past you, but they got you with sheer numbers. After all, a single zombie in that game is never a threat, it's once they end up in groups thereof.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Oh yeah...Taking necrophilia to the next level.

Serenity Rose on
    boddah_and_goz.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Mother of God, woman. You're going to send these boys into conniption fits.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Why? I'm just making a joke like everyone else does.

Serenity Rose on
    boddah_and_goz.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Man, seriously, zombies are totally radical.

Captain Cthulhu on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Why? I'm just making a joke like everyone else does.

Just teasin'.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Man, seriously, zombies are totally radical.

The best part about zombie movies is just the volume of unnecessary gore.

Like having a zombie twist a dude's arm off. Lets be honest, thats not physically fucking possible, but its awesome.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    So, I was actually looking for a youtube of Muppet Treasure Island where the innkeeper apologizes to the potatoes and I found the 'roll call.'

I forgot how much I liked the Muppets.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The Muppets are fantastic.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Shiver My Timbers is one of the greatest songs in film history.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    sarukun wrote: »

What if the Muppets gained zombie powers? The Zombie Swedish Chef would fuck your shit right up.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

What if the Muppets gained zombie powers? The Zombie Swedish Chef would fuck your shit right up.

Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem is the best band name ever. If I were a muppet, I would totally wanna be in his band. Or at the very least be a roadie.

Serenity Rose on
    boddah_and_goz.gif
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    That was on TV over Christmas and I took the oppourtunity to finally record it to DVD. God, I love the Muppets.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem is the best band name ever. If I were a muppet, I would totally wanna be in his band. Or at the very least be a roadie.

Animal was always my favorite: WOOO-MAAAAANNN! WOOO-MAAAAANNN! *gasp*gasp*gasp*breeeeeeaaatttthhhhe*

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Seriously I want to climb rigging and load muskets and bury treasure and shit just listening to this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RisL9l8HzmM

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Oh, God, there needs to be a Muppet Zombies movie.

I can see the scene with Gonzo pretending to be a zombie going "This is GREAT!", scaring other Muppets during the first half of the film only to be devoured hideously by zombies halfway through and then devouring Miss Piggy at the film's climax after being dismissed as a prankster, allowing him to infiltrate the bunker.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Shit, Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem should be the name of our new WoW Guild.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    sarukun you air failing so hard.

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Wakka wakka!

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    sarukun you air failing so hard.

On the Wow guild or the Zombie movie?

Look I'm not a director, but I think the idea has potential. Get somebody who knows what they're doing in here.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I think I'm going to go rent Muppet Treasure Island, play WoW and eat me some boudin and maybe get in a game of Zombie Tag over the weekend. Now I'll never get my Chem work done. Damn you SE++!

Serenity Rose on
    boddah_and_goz.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I think I'm going to go rent Muppet Treasure Island, play WoW and eat me some boudin and maybe get in a game of Zombie Tag over the weekend. Now I'll never get my Chem work done. Damn you SE++!

I'm amazed that I know another person that likes boudin.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    wikipedia to the rescue.

Edit: Why would you be surprised that people like pork sausage?

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    wikipedia to the rescue.

Edit: Why would you be surprised that people like pork sausage?

Traditionally, boudin is made like hagus: every part of the animal but the hooves.

Darth Waiter on