As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's weird to pet your cat (with a boner)

2»

• Options
    ArgusArgus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »
    I think what someone else mentioned earlier is the most likely possibility

These people have generated a decent comedy, and they are marketing it as a run-of-the-mill godawful college movie to attract vast swathes of drunken freshman with popped collars

Because you may be cool, but you'll never be four popped-collars cool.

Argus on
    pasigsizedu5.jpg
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I think what someone else mentioned earlier is the most likely possibility

These people have generated a decent comedy, and they are marketing it as a run-of-the-mill godawful college movie to attract vast swathes of drunken freshman with popped collars

I'm hoping this, but the marketing is aggressively against my taste so I feel the need to wait and see. I'd rather save my time and money and wait a week or two to see it than jump in, see it on day one, and possibly end up paying someone not to entertain me.

Defender on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, I absolutely intend to find out whether this is not another teen movie mark gajillion or something unique enough to warrant the expensive-ass price of goin' to the theater

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Who funded the movie?

For all we know, Fox or someone just burnt most of their script and assigned them ghost writers to make the thing more "marketable". Maybe this is just a stepping stone to a real, decent movie. They make a generic genre movie to attract a wider audience and make a ton of cash, and then they use the proven box office results to make a far less marketable film.

Then again, are college road-trip films all that successful these days?

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    seizureorbsseizureorbs Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    it is totally weird to pet your cat with a boner

my cat has this weird knack for coming to hang out with me at the worst times

I'm always about to masturbate or get up and leave

seizureorbs on
    eyes.gif
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    it is totally weird to pet your cat with a boner

my cat has this weird knack for coming to hang out with me at the worst times

I'm always about to masturbate or get up and leave

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    seizureorbsseizureorbs Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    uh, yeah?

seizureorbs on
    eyes.gif
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, I absolutely intend to find out whether this is not another teen movie mark gajillion or something unique enough to warrant the expensive-ass price of goin' to the theater

Not Another Teen Movie is awesome

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Keith wrote: »

Not Another Teen Movie is awesome

Yeah, it was pretty good

Everything that emulated it afterwards not so much

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg