As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pure Adrenaline Wrestling - (IC): Impulse up

124»

• Options
    MahoshonenMahoshonen Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Boris Nikitin
    To: Manik, Reaper, The Hammer, Guvna and Cletus
    Re: It's a tradition
    The show cuts to a private bar located inside the areana. Seated at the bar is Boris Nikitin. He appears to be alone, and is holding a shot glass in his large hands. As he speaks, it's mainly to himself.

Boris: So, two weeks at PAW, and I already get my first title shot. Not bad. Not bad. Yet again it will be more than one adversary to face the Siberian Grizzly. With that cage down, it will be a very crowded ring tonight...

Boris turns towards the camera, looking at his shot glass.

Boris: Before my title matches, I have a shot to drink. I know few other competitors that do. They say it dulls your senses in the ring. Mabye, but I got my father's tolerance for alcohol. It takes many shots to give me a buzz. Mr. Guvna, next week in Missoula, Montana, before we fight for the title, you and I will share a drink. It won't have to be much, but it would be unlucky for one of us to drink and the other to not. You can even bring Cletus, as I suppose you'll want him to order your drinks for you.

So I got one freebie, huh Cletus? I suppose I should have saved it for when you really piss me off. Ah, well. In other news, you seem to have become quite the ring jockey yourself. Mabye it should be you tagging up with Mr. Guvna for the tag titles.

Boris gives the shot glass to an off-screen bartender, who refills it.

Boris: Reaper and Manik, I have faced both of you before. You both fought well. Now I face both of you at once. This time, things are different. This time, you will be trapped in a cage with the Bear, the One Man Riot.

Boris slowly shakes his head back and forth, grinning sadistically

Boris: There will be nowhere to run. Nowhere to hide. No friend or entity who can rescue you.

And the same goes for the Lady Luck Champion, Mike "The Hammer" Johnson. Hammer, I've seen your interviews. I've studied your matches. There has been no other competitor I've been looking forward to fighting more than you. The way you flex your freak arms, the way you try to scare everyone like we're little children, the way you fight; it all says one thing. It says 'here is an asshole that's in need of a beating.' Tonight I'm taking you down a notch. I hope you walk out with a chip on your sholder, Hammer, 'cause then you'll come back for more.

Boris lifts up the shot glass, studying the liquid inside

Boris: And last but not least, I get to improve my highlight reel. Starting fresh at a new federation means rebuilding years of footage. Who knows, mabye I'll make like Snuka and dive off top. Wouldn't that be a sight! Either way, this is going to be a hell of a match.

So to all my friends and enemies, now, past, and future, I give you this toast: <To life!>

Boris drinks down the shot as the show cuts to the next match.

Mahoshonen on
  • Options
    mjn6172mjn6172 King of the Lurkers, also secretly a Freemason (shhhhh.) Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    To: Boris Nikitin
    Subject: Freak?

Following a commercial break, the camera opens on a nervous-looking Lane Richmond. Lane enters the Boiler Room holding his trusty microphone in hand, and after a pause he stammers out a few words.

Lane: Mr. Johnson? Are . . . are you in here sir? Could you spare a few moments of your <urk>

As Lane enters the room a meaty arm reaches out from around a corner and wraps around his neck. The Hammer materializes out of the gloom looking angry at the interruption.

Hammer: Laney Laney Lane. What have I told you about interrupting me before a match? Didn’t you learn your lesson the last time?

Lane struggles to speak, but all that comes out is a choked gurgling sound.

Hammer: I’m going to let you go for a second Laney boy, and when I do you’re going to apologize to me for the interruption and then you’re going to leave before I lose my patience. Do you understand?

Lane is turning purple, but he struggles and finally manages to nod his head.

Hammer: Good boy. Here we go now.

The Hammer releases his hold on Lane’s neck and Lane falls to the floor, drawing in a deep, shuddering breath. After a few moments, still on his knees, he turns to The Hammer and begins to speak.

Lane: I am truly, deeply sorry for interrupting your pre-match rituals Mr. Johnson; I would never do it without direct orders from Mr. Hayers. He was curious to know how you felt about Boris Nikitin’s words earlier. Lane finally looks up into The Hammer’s glaring face and gulps loudly before continuing in a much quieter voice. Oh God, please don’t kill me sir.

Hammer: What words, boy? What did the good little Commie have to say about me?

Lane mumbles a few words so softly that his microphone can’t pick them up. The Hammer looks even angrier.

Hammer: I can’t have heard that right. Speak up Laney, or do I need to start breaking fingers to get some noise out of you.

Lane: Oh God. He, um, he called you a freak sir, and said he wouldn’t be scared like a little child. He also said that you were an asshole who needed a beating, and that tonight he was going to take you down a notch, sir. Please, please don’t kill me; I’m only the messenger.

The Hammer goes stock still, the expression on his face a mask of frozen fury. After a few moments he begins to speak again in a soft, low voice.

Hammer: Of all the insolent, ignorant, lack witted things to . . . he actually called me a FREAK? That ignorant commie son-of-a-bitch fucking DARED! I’ll kill him. I’ll break his bones, I’ll crush his back, I’ll . . .

The Hammer turns to the cameraman, as if suddenly remembering that he’s there and that this is going out live to people all over the world.

Hammer: Commie boy, I’m coming for you! I was willing to give you a pass, and then your ignorant ass has to spew this GARBAGE! NO MORE! You’re mine commie. I’ll show you who’s the FREAK! I’m going to break you in HALF tonight! You just painted a target square on your own ass, and I’m zeroing in on it.

Just remember, it’s not just me in there with you tonight. It will also be Gladys. Do you remember what happened to the last person Gladys met? Do you see the little golden boy around here anymore? DO YOU? You must not remember, because if you did you would have run the other way when you heard we were going to be in the Cage with you. You just signed your own death warrant you little commie prick. We’re coming for you; tonight the Hammer falls on YOU!

The Hammer looks at Lane, who’s still cowering on his knees next to him.

Hammer: Run now, before I decide to give Gladys a little warm up with your face Laney boy.

Lane gets to his feet and runs out of the room. The last sounds the crowd hears as the camera cuts off are the sounds of The Hammer smashing things in the Boiler Room.

mjn6172 on
    LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    To: The Guvna, Cletus Jefferson, Chief of Staff and Secretary of Defence

Just as Cletus seems to be ending his rant in the ring, Queen’s “A Kind of Magic” plays over the speakers in the arena. Those in the crowd that were sitting start to rise up and look towards the entrance ramp while a loud cheer starts to erupt throughout the arena as two men come onto the ramp.

Dave: It’s John “The Bomb” Bowski and The Canadian Dragon! The Bomb seems to be carrying some- it’s a table!

Cary: A table?! What is he doing with that? The match isn’t going on yet and it’s not even a tables match! They’re interrupting the Guvna’s important time. I imagine his constituents won’t be happy with their elected official’s time being wasted like this.

Connor looks to John as he sets up the legs of the table at the top of the ramp then moves to lean against it, looking directly at the ring. Connor pulls a microphone from his back pocket while keeping his tag team title belt on his shoulder but holds off for a moment as he listens to the crowd and the ovation they give the pair. Once the cheers start to die down Connor holds the mic up to his mouth only to be interrupted by Cletus.

Cletus: Just what do you think you’re doing out here?! I don’t remember anyone inviting you to this meeting. Why don’t you just-

Connor: Cletus, let me be the first since PAW started here in Boise to tell you to shut the hell up!

The crowd roars with delight. Cletus looks taken aback as he looks to the Guvna who has moved to the middle of the ring and seems to have come back to his senses after listening to the crowd’s reaction.

Connor: Last week my partner and I had to deal with a set of circumstances that we should have forseen. Let’s face it, seeing The Guvna's cousin’s brother twice removed and his red-headed step child come to the ring to help was not something I was surprised about. But Cletus…you of all people? I would have thought after your last “in-ring” experience that you would have developed some sort of phobia or something. By the way, the outfit? Quite possibly the funniest thing I’ve ever seen. The only thing I think would be even funnier would be if it was in yellow to match the rest of you.

The Chief of Staff and Secretary of Defence both seem rather upset as they move to the ring ropes and lean against them shouting at Connor inaudibly. The crowd meanwhile cheers for the comments made about Cletus. Connor though just smiles before passing the mic to The Bomb who takes it gingerly, then reaches into his back pocket and produces a piece of paper.

The Bomb: Now, I thought tonight would be a good time to maybe read a new letter I’ve received. It’s from a young man named Billy.

“Dear Bomb, Congratulations on your win at Critical Strike”.

Thank you Billy, I was happy with that win.

“I think you and Connor Mackenzie make a really good team. After seeing what happened to you last week though I wanted to ask. Why does The Guvna follow Cletus around and do what he says? Cletus seems really mean and never seems to want to let Guvna try and win matches on his own.”

Well Billy, the thing in this case is, when a man loves another man in a special way they do strange things at times. You see, Cletus would seem to be the dominant or Dom of the pair, while The Guvna would appear to be the more submissive or Sub...

To emphasize his words John would hold up a hand and give a quote motion with his fingers at times. The crowd would laugh a bit before Cletus would interrupt John’s letter reading.

Cletus: That’s enough! That. Is. Enough! You shouldn’t have done that, I was thinking of taking it easy on the two of you but now you will face the wraith of the most powerful man from Parts Unknown!

John: I’m sorry everyone, it would seem Cletus was getting embarrassed and didn’t want me getting to the part about the little red gag ball that The Guvna has but I suppose that will have to wait for another time. Instead, he will have to enjoy what comes tonight. I hope you are all ready, because whether you are or not NAFWA is ready to Shock and AWE!

Placing the mic on the table, John and Connor stare down the group in the ring before holding up their title belts then head backstage.

Dave: This is certainly turning in to quite a grudge, isn’t it Cary?

Cary: Dave, I think it’s safe to say that NAFWA is going to have their work cut out for them. The Guvna and his staff won’t take kindly to any of this.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Sean Masaki
    To: Andrea Hill, Roadster, Paul Jameson
    Re: Looking ahead

So he wasn't getting his title shot- not yet. All because some little smartass had decided to take advantage of the work he'd put in to that match. But at least he was going to get his shot at the guy who stole it.

"Hey, Sean, a minute or two?" He looked up and saw Lane Richmond entering the room. He'd seen this coming- after all, being involved with the champion's match should count for SOMETHING, Sean supposed.

"Okay, what? Don't have a lot of time, Lane, I have to get ready for the match."

"About last week-"

Sean held up his hand.

"Paul Jameson... as far as I'm concerned, he's nothing. Nothing but a little opportunist who decided letting the better man- the better technician - wear down his opponent and taking everything I'd poured into that match- was the only way he was ever going to get a title shot. He's not qualified to face me, much less perfection. But if he wants to go, hey- I'll knock him around, maybe until he can't tell IE from Firefox or Opera, and then I'll let him feel what it's like to Overheat. And his little partner Roadster won't be able to do a thing about it."

Lane nodded. "And you're still looking for a title shot? Well, you could always just win it off him if he manages to beat-"

"Not another word, Lane. That belt would be WASTED on a guy like Jameson. That should be MY title shot. I put in the work in that match- what'd Jameson do, anyways? Spend a minute or two in the ring, then let real wrestlers do the work? That's not champion material. This is. (He points to himself.) And I'm pretty sure Andrea would rather face off with a guy who knows what the hell he's doing than someone who just thinks he can sit back and let other people do the work for them. Like me. I'll just have to prove that Jameson's nothing without someone to do the work for him- and who knows? There might be something in it for me, too."

He stands and pushes through the crew, leaving the room. As he leaves the frame, he's still slightly favoring one leg.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    To: Roadster, Masaki, & Hill
    Re: New Beginnings

As Impulse comes back from break, the crowd sees Paul Jameson sitting across from Alison Rose. It’s a very informal setting and they don’t seem to be talking “shop.” They are talking low enough that we are not privileged to anything more than some mutterings. Then, a loud cough off-camera (assumingly enough a camera man) changes the tone of everything. Jameson sits up straight and has a more focused look on his face while still flashing his catching smile. Rose leans forward, crosses her legs, and looks into the camera.

Alison Rose: Well Paul, it looks like you have joined “The Roadster” in being in line for a shot at Andrea Hill’s title. Not only that, you get to join “The Roadster” tonight in the main event tag match. Tell the PAW audience what’s going through your head …

Paul Jameson: Alison, the only thing that I’m focused on right now, other than you of course, is the match tonight. Did I win my shot at the title last week? Yeah … Do I have to work with someone tonight that I have fought with and against already? Yeah … But does any of that matter right now? No.
    Jameson looks down to his feet, seeming to compose his words. He looks back at Alison Rose, still a picture of calm.

Paul Jameson: What I care about tonight is winning our match. “Roadster,” we have some history, but I have fought alongside you before and I damn well know what you’re capable of. I’m honored to have you as my partner tonight and it should definitely be a memorable match. There’s a good chance that we are going to end up locking horns again in the near future, especially while we both vie for the PAW Heavyweight Championship, but tonight is business and I know you’re going to bring your “A” game … don’t worry, so will I!

The crowd cheers as The Punisher finishes his sentence. Mini chants of “Pun-ish-er” break out in the audience while Paul Jameson smiles into the camera.

Alison Rose: Now Paul, let’s talk about your competition tonight. You are going to be battling the Heavyweight Champion herself in Andrea Hill and Sean Masaki. No doubt you heard the scathing remarks that Masaki had earlier, what is your response?

Paul Jameson ponders for but a moment before speaking.

Paul Jameson: Sean … Sean, what is wrong with you? You saw the video, you know it was a clean tag. Why do you think I ran into the ring to begin with? You know you needed out after the way “The Show” was destroying your leg. You were limping around so badly … come on man, how could you say that about me? How many matches have we been through now and you get jacked over that?
    Jameson’s eyes start to get more focused on the camera, a familiar sight to the PAW crowd and they know what is coming next. Jameson stands up and walks toward the camera, Alison Rose still seated and unnerved.

Paul Jameson: You don’t think I did anything? I dominated the first half the match! What did you do Sean? Oh yeah, “The Show” brought the pain down on your leg and you didn’t even mount any offense until “The Roadster” interfered. Come on, how can you look at yourself in the mirror and think you deserved anything after that match. That was nowhere near your best and you damn well know you would have done the same thing to help me. The fact that you didn’t feel a SLAP ON YOUR BACK shows me I made the right choice because you were obviously in too much pain to feel anything. You and I both know you were too hurt to fight, but someone else got you to fight …

Speaking of you partner tonight, how are you two doing. Come to think of it, a lot of what you said tonight reeks of Andrea Hill. If you want to align yourself with her now man, that’s fine by me because it’s your choice, but you are better than her and you know it. You want to “prove” that I don’t deserve my title shot? Let’s do it then because last time I checked I’m the one with the title shot and you’re the one with the gimp leg. And don’t you worry Andrea, I haven’t forgotten about you. I’m going to have one eye on you at all times tonight. This is just going to be a warm-up for when we go 1 on 1 for that golden belt around your waist. I hope you are taking some pictures of you and your belt now, because when we finally get to fight, that’s going to be going around my waist because … It’s my time to shine, and your time to feel pain at the hands of The Punisher!

The crowd pops loudly as the Punisher delivers his, now patented, catchphrase. As the camera fades out on the scene backstage, The Punisher starts to walk off camera but catches himself, bends down, and kisses Alison Rose on the forehead.

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The Reaper
    To: Cage Match Participants, All
    Dave:Welcome back everyone to Impulse presented by Pure Adrenaline Wrestling here in Boise, Idaho!

Without warning the lights of the arena suddenly dim as The Reaper's theme music begins to blare over the sound system. Reaper forgoes his usual dramatics and instead approaches the ring with a no-nonsense stride and a scowl on his face. Audible over the music is the sound of boos and chants of "Rea-per Sucks!" from the crowd.

Dave: Well it seems that Reaper isn't getting any admiration from the crowd this night.
    Cary: Can you blame them? Reaper's only managed to get one victory since his introduction to the PAW and that was against Stirling Davis who is out with an injury, so not very impressive. I'd imagine his master isn't very pleased either.
    Dave: Well he may be able to make a comeback tonight as he is going to be facing The Hammer, Boris Nikitin, and Manik in a steel cage match for the Lady Luck Championship!
    Cary: I just hope he can keep his emotions under control! I don't think anyone wants to see what happens when he does losses control.

The music has now ended and Reaper is pacing in the ring mic in hand nostrils flaring. The chants of "Rea-per Sucks!" are now much louder and it seems a majority of the crowd has joined in. He looks out to the crowd with a furious look on his face but begins to speak trying to keep his voice calm.

Reaper: I've been thinking quite a bit recently. About this Federation and my place in it. About the connections between this world and the world of my master. But most importantly, my own actions since I have appeared. I have learned one thing during this self-reflection. I have been too soft. From now on there will be no mercy for anyone within PAW. Everyone will learn what fear is and no one is safe from me and those who stand within the steel cage this night will be the first to discover this. Only once I stand above their broken bodies, title in hand will their retribution be complete. Now let me show you exactly what I mean.
    He faces towards the entrance ramp BRING HIM OUT.
    In a few moments a group of 'cultists' who first appeared at Critical threat pushing out the casket which currently carries The Fundamentalist. The group reaches the edge of the ring and spread out to surround the ring.

The Reaper:Unlock it.
    Dave:I'm not sure what's Reaper's plan here but I don't think The Fundamentalist is going out without a fight.

The cultist unlock the casket and forcibly pull The Fundamentalist out of it and throw him into the ring. It seems he is not in the best shape as he doesn't seem to fight back. He slowly gets up as he looks at The Reaper who stands like a statue with a glare that pierces right through The Fundamentalist. After only a moment once Fundie reaches his feet Reaper strikes with blow after blow to his head. While Fundie fights back valiantly The Reaper backs him into the corner continuously pummeling Fundie without remorse. Reaper grabs Fundie by the hair and throws him to the ground and begins to stalk, waiting for him to rise. Once Fundie returns to his feet Reaper strikes with a Kiss of Death knocking Fundie cold. Reaper quickly gets back up and yells orders to the cultist outside the ring. One of them grabs a folding chair from the ring announcers area and two others throw up the ring apron and begin to pull out a table.
    Chair in hand The Reaper is getting ready for another attack, Fundie managed to get to his knees but doesn't stay for long as Reapers strikes with his steel chair across the forehead. He makes two more strikes as Fundie simply lies on the mat blood now flowing from his forehead Reaper standing above him with a bended and twisted steel chair in hand. Behind him the cultists have readied the table and give Reaper a sign that they're done. Fundie doesn't seem to be getting up anytime soon so Reaper lifts him up and grabs him by the neck. He holds him up face to face as the Reaper yells inaudibly to him just before he lifts him with impressive strength and drops him right into the middle of the table using an choke slam.

Cary:Looks my fears just came true, I'm not sure anyone can stop this man now.

After staring at the crumbled heap that is the Fundamentalist for almost a minute The Reaper makes his way calmly out of the ring with a small smirk on his face, his cultist following behind. As The Reaper makes his way up the ramp a EMT group is rushing down to the ring to check on the Fundamentalist who is not moving.

Cary:If he was willing to do this to his prisoner just what does he plan on doing inside that steel cage!?
    Dave:Well we're going to be finding out very soon, tonight on Impulse!

manaleak34 on
    XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    To: Roadster, Punisher, Masaki

The camera cuts backstage, where the always lovely Alison Rose stands by.

AR: Ladies and gentlemen, the PA World Champion...Andrea Hill!

The fans boo as the camera pans to Alison's right, where the World Champ is standing with her title belt proudly slung over her shoulder. Dressed in her wrestling gear, her long black hair pulled into a ponytail, Andrea looks ready and determined for her upcoming match.

AR: Now Andrea...tonight you team with Sean Masaki against two men that you've seen a lot of in PAW...James "Roadster" McNeil and "The Punisher" Paul Jameson. Two men that have established themselves as the top contenders to you World Championship! What are your thoughts going in to this sure to be intense matchup?

Andrea rolls her eyes, looking less than worried.

AH: My thoughts? You want to know where my mind is at, Alison? Same place it's always been...on the championship. Despite what some people may tell you...I earned this title through hard work, and pure talent...and I intend to keep it for a long, LONG time. This match is nothing but a preview...I'll show the world tonight that neither of these two pretenders can live up to my standard of excellence. Tonight, I'll dispose of the two "top contenders" with ease...and silence any lingering doubts the idiots in the stands have about my abilities, and my rightful place at the top of PAW.

Alison raises an eyebrow inquisitively.

AR: Really? You're that confident?

Andrea's eyes narrow as she turns to look at her interviewer.

AH: ...Do you think I have a reason not to be, "Miss Rose"?

AR: Well, "Miss Hill"...it looks to me like you may have a cripple for a partner. Sean Masaki was having a lot of trouble with that leg last week...and he's been seen limping around the place tonight, too. You don't think that puts you and your team at a disadvantage?

Andrea smirks, and places her hands on her hips.

AH: Oh, please. Did you forget who's handling Sean's recovery? Yours truly. I'm not only the best wrestler in the business...I'm the best damn personal trainer money can buy. Yes, it's true, he was still in rough shapelast week. Not even the best help can work miracles, after all. But I've been working with him since then...helping him rehab his injury and work through it. And I'll tell you something...unlike a lot of the useless trash in this company...Masaki's got a future. He was one of the only people smart enough to see me for the talent I am. It's that promise and that respect he showed for me that made me agree to help him out. I have high standards...and Sean meets them more than anyone else here. If he sticks with me...I'll make him into something special. He's got more in him than those other two idiots...and he'll prove it tonight. I don't pick losers!

AR: Hmph...whatever you say, champ. So you're really dismissing your opponents tonight? I figured you'd be a little more concerned about facing down the man who's been kicking your ass all over the western United States, James McNeil.

AH: Roadster...don't make me laugh. Just a brute who knows he doesn't have the talent to take me on in a legit fight...so he resorts to sucker-punches and ambushes. He's a coward...and doesn't deserve the title shot he's getting. I'm not scared of him. He's just got in a few lucky shots, that's all. When we face each oher in the ring, I'll rip him apart. I'm a championship fighter...he's just a thug.

AR: Really...and Punisher?

AH: Ha! Just another man who's not good enough to face me. But PAW is desperate for talent who can compete on my level...so they'll throw whoever they can at me. It's too bad I'll have to squash his dreams of holding MY title...AGAIN.

Alison looks at her, and smiles.

AR: I'm surprised you're not more worried. I seem to recall Jameson being the one person who's actually beat you so far, Andrea. I seem to remember you tapping out to him, dead center of the ring. He made the great Andrea Hill give up. Looks to me like he's got your number...champ.

Andrea glares at her with a cold, icy stare.

AH: ...And I suppose that's your opinion as an unbiased reporter...isn't is, Alison?

Showing a surprising amount of backbone, Alison smirks and looks her right in the eyes.

AR: It doesn't take genius to see that Paul's already beat you once...which means he can do it again. You talk a big game...but I think you're scared of him...and Roadster. You know they're threats...you know they just might take your precious title...and you know that maybe you're not so perfect after all.

Andrea's speechless, but looks ready to explode. Alison leans in and speaks softly to her.

AR: ...Just giving you my opinion as an unbiased reporter...that's all.

Alison turns and walks off, camera. Andrea watches her leave...her gaze practically burning a hole in the back of her head...clenching her fists. She grabs the title belt and looks down at it, rubbing her index finger over the nameplate engraved with her name on it. She snarls, and then she too leaves the scene...and we fade into commecials...

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    To: All

The screen shows a camera coming up to a locker room door, on it a sign that reads “NAFWA” is taped up as the crowd in the arena reacts to the sight when Alison Rose appears in view and lightly knocks on the door. Hearing something from within she opens the door slowly to reveal Connor Mackenzie in his ring attire sitting in a chair as he tapes up his wrists and hands. Looking up he motions for Alison to come in but continues working away.

Alison: Connor, obviously you are getting ready for your match tonight but did you have a few moments for any additional comments about your opponent or anything else that has been going on tonight?

Pausing from working on the tape he looks up at Alison then stands to better address her and the camera. His eyes showing the slitted contacts that he wears for any match he is in.

Connor: Well, first off Alison, my match with The Guvna and his cronies is one that I’m looking forward to. Cletus kept talking about how he’s faced The Bomb a couple of times and such but you know what? He hasn’t faced me. So before they start getting cocky and thinking that it’s over before it starts they better realize that there is a reason that we are the PAW tag team champions and a reason why we do what we do. You never count out and opponent and you never underestimate them. I can assure you, doing so will not only bring you a great deal of disappointment…it will also bring you a whole lot of pain.

One of Connor’s hands would start to rub at the tape on his wrist as he looked back to Alison then who looked rather surprised at Connor’s intensity.

Alison: You seem rather fired up for this match tonight. What about the comments from Andrea Hill, Sean Masaki and Paul Jameson? There certainly seems to be quite a war of words brewing between everyone involved in the title race.

Connor: In all honesty Alison, I wish I could be a part of it. But being one half of the PAW tag team champions is a dream come true for me also. It isn’t about the gold so much as being able to feel like you’ve accomplished something that only a few in this business have ever done. To be one of the best of the best. I can understand everyone wanting that and how intense it can get with the competition. I am surprised at Masaki’s seemingly…sudden approval of our current champion. But I guess some people try to get their title shots in various ways. I’ve been privileged enough to be on a team with both Paul and Sean and both of them are great athletes. It’s a shame to see things going the way they are. But as always, if words can’t get this straightened out, maybe they can get it resolved in the ring either tonight or at some point down the road. Sort of like how I’m expecting Roadster and Andrea to “get it resolved”.

Connor smirks a bit as he shakes his head, then looks to the camera directly as Alison holds the mic up to ensure anything said is heard.

Connor: Regardless of who is champion though, or even the number one contender. They all need to realize that they have a target on their backs. I have one as well and it’s showing seeing as how Cletus wants to team up his latest client with his previous one to take me and The Bomb on. So no matter how good you think you are, no matter how tough you can be, there is always someone out there gunning for you. The difference between them and the true champions isn’t a belt though. It’s a matter of dedication, determination, and keeping your head on straight. Because in the end, that’s what it all comes down to. Tap or don’t tap, get the shoulder up or don’t. At the end of the day it all comes down to heart, the heart of a true champion and the people out there…they know who has it and who doesn’t.

To emphasize his statement, Connor points in the direction of the arena which causes Alison to follow it and hear the crowd as it erupts into a cheer. A smile plays on Connor’s lips as he then addresses Alison once more. Alison herself looks back to Connor and seems a little awe-struck by the words but offers a small nod.

Alison: Well…thank you for those words Dragon. I guess we will just have to see how everything plays out. Good luck in your match.

Connor: Thank you Alison. And good luck with Paul.

As Alison is turning she pauses and gives a hesitant smile before leaving the view of the camera. Connor meanwhile moves back to his seat and starts back up on the taping of his hand as the scene fades to black.

Gonmun on
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    PAW Impulse - Episode #6

James "The Massacre" Powers vs. Draven
    The ref calls for the bell, and the match is officially underway. The two men circle the ring, sizing each other up. They move in to lock up...and suddenly, the power goes out! All the lights in the arena are cut...and the entire building is shrouded in total darkness!

The fans mutter to themselves and each other in confusion, no one knows what's going on! Out of nowhere, Pantera's "Cowboys From Hell" begins to play over the speakers...until it comes to the line "We're taking over this town!" The song cuts to white noise...then the lights turn themselves back on again, as mysteriously as they went off! And in the ring...James Powers lies in a pool of blood! Draven is backed up against the ropes...and he looks down at his opponent in shock. He looks around him...just as confused as anyone about what's going on. Powers is unmoving...completerly knocked out! Draven edges towards him...and stares down at him. The ref doesn't seem to have any idea what to do.

Draven, after thinking about it for a while...drops down and covers Powers! The ref hesitates...but then counts! 1...2...3! The bell is rung...and Draven is declared the winner!

Draven gets his hand raised...but still looks baffled by the events that just unfolded. He leaves the ring, and before any of us can figure out what's going on, the show cuts to commercials...

Handicap Match: NAFWA vs. The Guvna, Cletus Jefferson, The Chief of Staff, & The Secretary of Defense
    The Guvna starts out for his team, his looming presence dwarfing everyone else on both sides of the ring. The tag champs send in their heavy hitter...John Bowski, and the ref calls for the bell. Immediately, the two big men start to slug it out in the ring. They trade several punches with each other, then Bowski tries to whip Guvna to the ropes...but the big man uses his awesome power to keep himself planted to the ground. He pulls Bowski by the arm and clotheslines the Bomb down! He covers Bowski...1...2...kickout. Guvna brings him up, and sends him to the ropes. He bends over for a back body drop, but Bowski seems it coming, and kicks up, nailing him in the face! Guvna stumbles back, and Bowski leaps forward with a big diving shoulder block, taking him down! Bowski covers him! 1...2...no, kickout!

Bowski rolls over to his corner and tags in his partner. Connor Mackenzie hops up onto the top turnbuckle, and as Guvna sands up, Dragon leaps of and connects with a picture-perfect missile dropkick to the chest! Guvna crashes back down to the mat, and Dragon pounces on top of him for the cover...1...2...Guvna tosses him off! Dragon rolls to his feet and stands up near the ropes...and the Cheif of Staff runs across the apron and clotheslines him! Dragon falls, to boos from the crowd. Dragon tries to sit back up...but Guvna runs and hits the Veto! Dragon is down, and Guvna covers him. The ref makes the count...Cletus is holding on to Guvna's rm to give him additional leverage! 1...2...no! Dragon still gets a shoulder up!

Both men get to their feet...but as Dragon stands up, the Secretary of Defense grabs him from the apron! He holds Dragon, who tries to get out of his grip but can't...and Guvna smiles his trademark grin. He charges Dragon with a huge big boot...Dragon slips free, ad rolls out of the way! Guvna nails the SoD right in the face, and he goes flying off the apron, crashing to the ground below! Connor dives into his corner, and tags in Bowski!

Bowski gets in the ring...and takes Guvna down with another shoulder block! The CoS gets in the ring and charges him...and gets a big spinebuster for his trouble! Bowski lifts the Chief back up, and puts him into position for a powerbomb. He lifts him up...and Dragon joins in, leaping up intot he air...powerbomb/double-knee backbreaker combo! The Chief of Staff is down! Cletus get in the ring! He walks up to Bowski...and slaps him across the face! Bowski reels back...and Dragon's eyes widen with an "oh no he didn't" look of shock. Bowski snaps his head back and glares at Cletus, and with a smile, boots the little schemer in the gut. He lifts Cletus up and the tag champs go for their combo one more time...but Guvna ambushes Dragon from behind...and the SoD gets back in the ring, with a steel chair in hand! He smacks Bowski across the back with the chair! Bowski drops Cletus, and doubles over in pain! This is done right in front of the ref, blatantly...he calls for the DQ!

The bell rings...but the foursome isn't done! They all lay the boots to the tag team champions, with Cletus barking the orders. After several moments of beating down Connor an Bowski, Cletus directs traffic, and tells the the CoS and SoD to get out of the ring. The two of them start to search under the ring for something, as Cletus stomps the two men a couple more times for good measure. They pull out a table, and slide it in the ring! Cletus and the Guvna both smile...and as the two goons set the table up, Guvna yanks both tag champs up to their feet...they're practically dead weight. He rolls Bowski onto the table, and then grabs Dragon...and lifts him over his shoulders. He gives onnor Mackenzie the Lanslide...through the table, onto his partner! The table shatters into a million pieces, and both champs slump to the ground, broken in half! Cletus admires his handiwork, and raises the Guvna's hand in voctory, motioning to his client's waist that soon, he will have gold there. The foursome exit te ring, as trainers and EMTs bolt down the ramp to help Connor and Bowski. We fade to commercials, as the crowd reaction falls to a hush as the people in the audience show concern for the tag champs.

Andrea Hill & Sean Masaki vs. "The Punisher" Paul Jameson & James "Roadster" McNeil
    Andrea and Sean discuss things over, and decide that since Masaki is still favoring his leg, Andrea will start. Sean gets onto the apron in his corner, and Andrea steps forward...only to be tackled down by Roadster! The ref calls for the bell, and Roadster starts to rain down blows on the World Champ! Punisher hesitates for a moment, but then gets in his corner, while Andrea frantically tries to protect her face with both arms. The ref notices he's using closed fists, however, and yells at Roadster to back off. He refuses to do so, so the ref begins a five-count. He gets to three before Roadster seems to finally snap out of it, and stop his assault. He stands up, pulling Andrea with him with a hand wrapped around her ponytail. he whips her into the ropes, and nails her with the big clothesline! She quickly rolls to her feet, but Roadster is back on her, and clubs her across the back. He whips her to the ropes again...but this time, she leaps up and lands on the middle rope...and springs herself off o it, twisting around with a flying body press! Roadster catches her! Andrea tries to squirm out of his grip, but Roadster drives her back down over his knee with a sick backbreaker, nearly bending her in half! Andrea rolls around on the mat, clutching her lower back, as Masaki looks on at ringside, concerned.

Roadster rolls Andrea onto her back and covers her, hooking the leg...1...2...kickout! Punisher reaches out for a tag, calling James over to him...but McNeil blows him off, and goes right back to work on Andrea. He shoves his knee into the small of her back while she's still grounded He does it again, and then covers her one more time. 1...2...she lifts her shoulder up. Roadster stands up, and lifts her up too...before scooping her up and slamming her down, once again causing damage to the back of the World Champion. He grabs both legs, and then turns her over into a Boston Crab! he sits into it...and the champ begins to scream in pain! Andrea desperately reaches out to touch the ropes, but she's not anywhere close! The ref asks her if she wants to give up...but her answer is no!

Suddenly, Sean Masaki bolts into the ring, and nails Roadster right in the face with a hard right! This stuns McNeil enough to break the hold. Masaki goes back towards his corner, but a ditraught Punisher tries to get in the ring to go after him. The ref sees him stepping through the ropes and moves in to intercept. Jameson starts o argue with the ref, complaining about Masaki illegally getting involved. Roadster lares over at Masaki, and the two yell a little trash talk at each other, before Roadster grabs another fistful of hair and pulls Andrea back up to her feet. But she lunges forward and hits a blatant low blow! Roadster groans and slumps down to his knees, and the ref is too busy with Punisher to notice! Andrea dives towards her corner, and just as the ref is turning around, she slaps hands with Masaki, who gets into the ring, limping ever so slightly.

Masaki approaches Roadster, and with a running knee strike to the face, sends the biker down to the mat. He covers him, hooking the leg...1...2...kickout! Masaki floats over and grabs his head in what almost looks like a dragon sleeper, then pulls Roadster up to his feet. Reverse DDT! Roadster's head is driven down hard! Again, Masaki covers him...1...2...no, kickout! Again he brings Roadster up to standing, and with a few hard elbow strikes to the side of the head, backs McNeil into the corner. He hits a short clothesline to Roadster in the corner, then irish whips him across the ring towards the opposite corner...no...Roadster reverses it into his own irish whip! Masaki hits the turnbuckles hard! Roadster comes running after him...Sean lifts his foot up, booting Roadster in the face! Roadster stumbles back...and Msaki comes out of the corner with a huge roaring elbow! Roadster's bell is rung, and he collapses down to the mat! Masaki covers him! 1...2......no! Somehow, Roadster lifts his shoulder up!

Masaki walks over to his corner and tags Andrea back in. Like a vulture, the World Champ circles Roadster, and as he gets to his feet, she leaps and spins around with a hard, stiff spinkick to the side of the head! Roadster falls once more...and he looks knocked out! But Andrea doesn't cover him! She grabs him by the limbs and pulls him into position, near the corner. She backs up, and sits herselfup on the top of the post...then climbs up the rest of the way, so she's standing up top. She signals for the shooting star legdrop! She leps and soars through the air, with perfect rotation...Roadster moves! Andrea hits nothing but mat! The champ clutches her lower back in intense pain, as Roadster pulls himself up to the cheers of the crowd...they want to see Punisher!

Roadster stands up, and looks over at his teamate, who is reaching out for the tag, a completely fresh man ready to enter the ring. Roadster looks at him...then down at Andrea...then back up at Jameson. He shakes his head...and doesn't make the tag! Punisher looks visibly frustrated at this point...as Roadster approaches the World Champ, who's still rolling around in pain.

A little dizzy from allt he blows to the head, McNeil walks over to Andrea. Roadster bends down and wraps his hand around her slender throat. Andrea's eyes open wide and she flails her legs in a panic as Roadster yanks her up off the floor and back up to her feet. Roadster smiles at his helpless opponent...then runs and backs her up into the ropes. As she approaches...Sean Masaki reaches out and blind tags himself in! They both rebound...and Roadster lifts her up into the air...Cross Country Ride! The World Champion is planted hard into the mat! The fans go wild as Roadster hits Andrea with his biggest move! He looks down at her...she's done! he covers her...but the ref doesn't count! Roadster looks up and yells at him, not understanding what's going on. Masaki is in the ring! Blue Screen of Death! Masaki nails him hard in the side fo the head with all of his might! McNeil's eyes glaze over...and he collapses! Masaki quickly rolls him over, and covers him! The ref start to count...Punisher tries to get in the ring to break it up...but Julia's grabbed his foot from ringside! ...1...2......3! The ref calls for the bell...Sean Masaki pins James McNeil!

Masaki looks pround of himself, and after getting his hand raised, he and Julia help Andrea up and out of the ring. The three of them head up the ramp...and Punisher, who didn't even get to tag in to the match, looks down at his fallen teamate and sighs. Shaking his head, he drops down off the apron and takes his leave as well...leaving a very dazed Roadster in the ring...still not sure what exactly happened. He gets the story from the ref, and with an angry glare, slams his fist down on the mat and rolls out of the ring. He looks pissed...and he storms up the ramp, clenching his fists, as the show goes to a commercial break.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Cage Match for the PAW Lady Luck Championship: Mike "The Hammer" Johnson vs. Manik vs. The Reaper vs. Boris Nikitin
    All four men stand in the four corners of the ring...the unforgiving steel surrounding them, boxing them in. Hammer holds Gladys proundly in his hands. The bell rings, and the defending champ comes out swinging! Manik just barely ducks in time to miss getting nailed right in the face. Reaper sidesteps another swing. Hammer goes for an overhead blow on Nikitin...but Boris lifts his arms up and blocks it! Well...as best as he can! The barbed wire digs int his forearm...but Boris grimaces through the pain...and snatches the bat right out of Johnson's hands! He swings and hits Hammer square in the forehead! The champ goes down...and we already have blood!

Manik and Reaper back away from the Russian beast. Manik approaches Reaper, possibly offereing a temporary alliance...instead Reaper just shoves him forward, right into a hard blow from Boris and Gladys! Reaper charges and hits Boris wih a big boot. He tires to block it, but the blow is enough to sned him back against the ropes. He rebounds, and Reaper gives him another big boot...this time connecting in full, and sending the Russian down. He spins around and pulls Manik up by the arm, before nearly beheading him with a brutal shortarm clotheline! With the other two down, Reaper approaches Hammer, and grinds his boot into the gash on Mike's forehead. Hammer grits his teeth as the blood continues to ooze down his face.

With all of his opponents down, Reaper heads for the door. He begins to open it...but Boris is back up, and clubs him from behind! Before Reaper can gather his senses and defend himself, Nikitin gives him a crisp Russian legsweep! Boris stands up...he's right by the door! He swings it open, and steps through the ropes...Manik is up! He kicks the middle rope...sending it up into Nikitin's crotch! Boris doubles over in shock and pain. anik walks over to the door, and grabs it with both hads...and slams it shut violently, crashing it into the side of Boris's head! Nikitin falls back into the ring completely, and down to the mat.

Manik looks around to see all of his opponents down...and he begins to climb the side of the cage! He goes up...about halfway...two thirds of the way to the top...Reaper is back up! He runs and nails Manik across the lower back! Manik slumps but hangs on. Reaper climbs up right beside him! He grabs Manik's head...and rams it into the steel! Manik staggers...but he still hangs on! Reaper does it again...no! Manik blocks it by extending his arm out against the wall! Manik elbows Reaper in the chest...and now it's his turn! He slams Reaper's head, no, Reaper blocks the attempt! The two men struggle with each other...then suddenly, Reaper turns and drops down...Kiss of Death! Manik is taken down to the mat with a sickening cutter!

With Manik disposed of, Reaper starts to climb the cage again. But Hammer is back up, and with Gladys in hand, he runs and smacks Reaper scross the back! The barbed wire cuts through the Reaper's skin,, and now he too, is bleeding. Reaper drops down to the mat, landing on his feet. Hammer rears back and hits him with Gladys again...this time, in the gut. Reaper bends over, clutching his midsection. Hammer smirks, but is caight off-gaurd as Boris comes out of nowhere and slugs him across the face! Hammer stumbles back...Boris grabs Reaper and charges forward, tossing Reaper shoulder-first into the champ's stomach with an assisted spear! Hammer goes down! Boris has Reaper...and lifts him up for Kamchatka's Fury! No! Reaper slips out of his grasp, lands on his feet, and grabs Nikitin by the throat! Chokeslam! Reaper shows amazing strength, lifting the Russian and slamming him down! Manik is back up, and charges Reaper...Reaper catches him by the throat...chokeslam! Hammer ambushes him from behind, and hits a huge charging hadbutt! Reaper goes down! Hammer backs into the corner, and sits himself up on the top rope. He looks down at Reaper, and goes for the Hammer Fall...Reaper sits up! He dives forward and strikes Hammer across the face! hamer is dazed on the op turnbuckle...Reaper reaches up and grabs him by the throat. He lifts and turns...and chokeslams the big man down to the ground! Reaper crawls up to his hands and knees, and looks arund...all three of his opponents are down!

Reaper crawls towards the door...exausted after lifting two huge men with all of his strength. He reaches out, and pulls himself to his feet with the ropes...he's at the door! He swings it open, and slowly, moves to leave the cage...

Suddenly, the lights go out! Pantera's "Cowboys From Hell" plays over the soundsystem!

"We're taking over this town!"

The song fades into white noise...and the lights flicker back on. Reaper lays slumped over the middle rope, his head out the door...his whole body dripping with blood from head to toe! Hammer lies in the ring...in another pool of blood! Boris Nikitin in another! And Manik...is untouched! The camera pans up to the rafters...where Draven standsm baseball bat in hand and a smile on his face! Manik looks up at him and returns the smile...and looks around him to see all of his opponents down and bloodied. He turns and begins to climb the cage...slowly...still feeling the pain from the damage he's already taken. He reaches the halfway point...and the fans are booing, as he's about to steal this match! He's nearing the top! He slings one leg over the cage wall!

Manik tries to swing his other leg over...but Boris Nikitin is holding on! He tries to shake the grip of the massive Russian...but no luck! Boris climbs up the ropes...and stands up on the top rope, still grasping Manik's free leg! He yanks and pullsManik back over to his side of the wall. Manik kicks down with his other leg, but the Russian refuses to let go! Manik turns to face him completely, sitting on the top of the cage. He kicks down again and again...but Nikitin is a man possesed!Boris climbs up further...and strikes Manik hard right acorss the face! Manik is dazed...and Boris hooks him in position for a superplex! Boris lifts him into the air...and Manik goes crashing down from the very top of the cage, as Nikitin gives him the biggest suplex in PAW history! Manik flops around on the ground...he's done! Boris recovers...and begins to climb back up himself! The fans cheer as the Siberian Grizzly inches his way up the cage, getting closer and closer to the top. And he reaches it! He swings his leg over, sitting on the top of the wall! He's going to drop down! We're going to have a new champion!

Suddenly, a barbed-wire baseball bat flies through the air, and hits Boris right upside the head! Hammer threw it from down in the ring! Boris is dazed on the top of the cage! Mike Johnson clmibs up the cage...and the Reaper is starting to stir! Hammer reaches the top...and sits on the top to face down Nikitin! The two men begin to slug it out, trading hard shots back and forth! Hammer wobbles...he's gonna fall! No! He hits Boris with another blow...and now Nikitin is losing his balance! Hammer swings his legs completely over...he's outside the cage! He goes to drop down...Boris grabs him and stops him! Reaper starts to go back out te door...Manik grabs his leg, out of pure instinct! Reaper tries to shake him off...he's so close to escaping! Boris and Hammer are both trying to climb down the outside wall, but they keep each other from dropping! anik suddenly springs to his feet...and with one final burst of adrenaline, leapfrogs over Reaper and goes through the ropes...he's on the steel steps outside the ring! But Reaper grabshim and stops him from jumping down to the floor! Reaper pulls himself through the ropes...and the two are both on the steps! They struggle to get out of each other's grip just as the two men on the cage do the same! Who will escape first! Everyone in the crowd wathes intently...as all four men are so close to victory!

Suddenly, Boris and Hammer slip! They fall from the cage, gravity leadng them to the floor below! At the same time, Manik and Reaper topple from the stairs! All four men land on the floor...all four men are out!

The bell rings...but who won?

The fans are on the edge of their seats, as several refs begin to confer with each other. They watch the replays on the announce table moniters over and over again...and all four men...each of them a bloody mess...writhes around in pain. Finally, the screen cuts to a slow-motion replay. As all four men fall...they all hit the floor at almost the same time. However...one man's feet hit just a split-second befre the rest...

The senior referee walks over to the winner, and grasping his nearly limp hand, raises it into the air...declaring Mike "The Hammer" Johnson the winner...and still PAW Lady Luck Champion!

For the first time...the fans actually cheer forHammer...they cheer for EVERYONE...in appreciation of the hard work they all put in tonight. Medics come down to help everyone out...but one by one...each of the four picks himself up...and leaves under their own power. The last man to go is Mike Johnson...who clutches both his title and his Gladys...and with a sick grin, embraces both. is music plays...and the show ends, fading to black...

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    ManikManik Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    TO: Draven, James "The Massacre" Powers, The Reaper, Michael "The Hammer" Johnson

The scene opens in the arena. The crowd is tightly packed up to the rafters with wrestling enthusiastic fans. Suddenly, the lights dim down and Slipknot's "I AM HATED" hits over the loudspeakers as two lightning bolts come crashing onto the stage, alongside the titantron. The crowd is on its feet as Manik comes out through the curtain, his SWF Overseas Championship belt in hand.Manik quickly makes his way down the ramp. He is wearing an old SWF t-shirt, a pair of jeans and some steel-toed blackk leather boots. As he gets to ringside, he throws the championship belt into the ring. He walks around the ring, up to the announcer and grabs the microphone on the timekeeper's table.

Dave Robertson - It had to be expected. Last Impulse, Manik, along with Michael "The Hammer" Johnson, Boris Nikitin and The Reaper, all took part in the first cage match in the short PAW history.
    Cary Gray - And Manik, being that loudmouth whinning cry-baby, had to come out and try to get the fans to root for him I guess...
    Dave Robertson - Let's wait and see what he has to say...
    Cary Gray - It better be interesting...

He climbs into the ring The crowd is cheering loudly as he gets in the middle of the ring and picks up the belt, putting it on his right shoulder.He walks up to the opposite side of the ring and asks for a microphone. The ring announcer hands him one. Manik walks back to the middle of the ring as his entrance theme fades down... Manik brings the microphone to his face.

Manik - My guess is that you've all seen it. Last Impulse was a turning point in PAW history as we had the first ever Cage match. Not only that but it was for the Lady Luck Championship.

Cary Gray - I guess he wasn't listening when we mentionned that...

The crowd starts cheering at the mention of the title...

Manik - And to top it all, it was the first... ever... Pure Adrenaline Wrestling Screwjob!

Dave Robertson - WHAT !?!
    Cary Gray - Awh come on! You saw it!
    Dave Robertson - The referrees took at least five minutes looking at slow-mo replays before taking a decision!

The crowd cheers even louder.

Manik - Oh that's right! You take side with that paper-champion, The Hammer...

The crowd takes it up yet another notch at the mention of their Lady Luck Champion.

Cary Gray - Ah! I like that one! Paper champion!
    Dave Robertson - I'm not sure The Hammer will share Manik's humor though...

Manik - And that is why you guys are probably the worst crowd there is! You take all that crap the administration feed you and make it facts. Let me tell you what's what! I dominated that match! That's right!

Cary Gray - Gotta hand it to them... He kinda did...
    Dave Robertson - Yeah... sure....

The crowd's cheers quickly shits to boos...

Manik - Actually, last week, we... The Pack dominated! Draven single-handedly won his match against Jake Powers... And I... and I was SCREWED! The administration knows they can't handle me as a champion so they ordered those referrees to make it so Johnson would keep his precious belt... Well let me tell you this Johnson... You... and me... at the Pay-per-view... for the belt... one... on one...

Dave Robertson - That's right folks... The Pack did cheat their way through the show last week as we assume Manik interfered in Draven's match...
    Cary Gray - HOW can you say that? Even Draven looked surprised! Manik wasn't seen there! It could have been anybody!
    Dave Robertson - Are you that stupid?
    Cary Gray - Shut up...

The crowd goes back to cheering at the prospect of such an epic match...

Manik - That is IF you can make it to the Pay-per-View... 'Cause, you see, people... this week... The Hammer... the almighty Lady Luck Champion... As great as he is... has to team up with The Reaper... and James Powers to face The Pack. And just to make sure I don't get his precious strap, he managed to make it a non-title match... Well, let me tell you this, Mike... Your luck... it's about to run out. You are living on borrowed time, runt... And when I'm done beating you senseless into a little pudd of ooze and blood, I'll make sure to finish the job... 'cause like they say... The Main Man always delivers...

Dave Robertson - Which is yet to be seen...

The crowd boos at Manik's confidence.

Manik - And the other two bozos... James Powers... The so-called "Massacre"... Jimmy-boy, the only massacre going around, is the one your giving to the wrestling community. Calling yourself a wrestler... that's wrong man. You WERE a wrestler, even a sorry excuse for one. But now, nope, not anymore... See, wrestlers usually have talent... what you got... is broken bones and bruised body. Your time is up, Powers. This week, Draven finishes the job. Last week, he was still all rustied up from inactivity... but now... Game's on.

Dave Robertson - We have to hand it to him... Draven was indeed impressive last week...
    Cary Gray - Impressive? He totally owned The Massacre

Manik walks around a little... under the crowd's booing...

Manik - And The Reaper... Wow. Where to begin. You know... the whole dead man / Marylin Manson thing you got going... that old gimmick... it's like a decade past it's prime. It's not the kcuffin' 90's anymore. But hey, if it works for you... I'm cool with that. But one thing is for sure... at Impulse, when we meet in the ring... There will be a sacrifice... Blood will be spilled... And whatever higher power that leads you... Oh, he'll be pissed. So prepare yourself, runt... For I will make you taste thirty two flavors of pain and I will drag your ass through hell... One thing is... There won't be any coming back for you...

Manik throws the microphone over his shoulder and drops to the ground, rolling under the ropes to get out of the ring as the deafening cheers of the crowd get drowned by Slipknot's "I AM HATED". Manik paces up the ramp and through the stage entrance.

Dave Robertson - And what a night this is going to be, Ladies and Gentlemen!
    Cary Gray - I can't wait!

Manik on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    packsig.jpg
    Wins 1 Losses 2
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    The Reaper
    To: Draven
    After one of the undercard matches we cut to inside of the Office of Eddie Hayers owner of the PAW. He is currently busy with piles paperwork of paper work siting on his desk. From off screen a knock is heard at a door.

Hayers(Without looking up): Come in.

There is the sound of a door opening and closing but it's only after a moment of silence does Hayers look up and notices with surprise the other person with him in the room.

H: Reaper?
    Reaper: Good evening Hayers. I have something to discuss.

Reaper approaches the desk slowly, Hayers seems to be slightly flustered but he keeps his cool.

R: I'm not sure if you saw that cage match last week. If you remember I had managed to take out all of the other competitors. I was the best wrestler in that ring. And I was going to win that title.
    H: Listen now, I've gone over this with everyone. The referees made their decisions and that's how it is--
    R: I WAS ABOUT TO PROVE MY WORTH.

Reaper has become very emotional as he takes heavy breaths.

R: But...this...Draven took that all away from me. He's made a grave mistake and I won't rest until I get my hand around his throat and show him what fear is.
    H: Well your facing him tonight correct?
    R: No...not good enough Hayers. I want him for myself, and you are going to make sure that happens...or else.
    H: Alright then. Next week, on Impulse it's going to be Draven versus The Reaper...
    R: Smart move Ha--
    H: In a Hardcore match.

The crowd cheers loudly for the big announcement. Reaper looks at the smirking face of Hayers incredulously but simply gives a low growl.

R: Thank you...sir.

Reaper takes his leave while the camera stays on the close up of Hayer still with a smirk on his face as the screen fades to a commercial break.

manaleak34 on
  • Options
    mjn6172mjn6172 King of the Lurkers, also secretly a Freemason (shhhhh.) Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    To: Manik, Draven, Jake Powers, and the Reaper
    Subject: Tag Team match, and the future

Once again the camera opens on Mike Johnson, standing in the boiler room in the bowels of the arena. For once he looks serious, almost somber as he begins to speak.

Hammer: I don’t play well with others. You can ask anybody, they’ll tell you the same thing. If I played well with others I would be in some other sport. In my heart, though, I know I’m the only person that I can ever rely on one hundred percent, and wrestling has reinforced this over and over. I’ve never been on a tag team where my partner didn’t eventually turn on me like a rabid dog, seeking his own glory.

Now here I stand, forced into a tag team match because the head puppy’s too big a pussy to take me on one on one. I’m forced to team up with The Reaper, someone I’ve been beating the shit out of for the past month. Now I’m not one to hold a grudge, we both worked our Asses off and that’s the nature of the business. I’m on top now, and he wants what I have. Now I suddenly have to trust this fucking boogeyman to do the right thing and not screw me for his own benefit down the road? Well, if that’s how it has to be then that’s how it has to be. I’ll be watching you like a fucking hawk though, so don’t think you’re getting an easy shot when my back’s turned dead man.

Jake Powers, I don’t even fucking know you boy. You call yourself The Massacre, well, given what happened last week that seems appropriate. We’re being thrown in this together, and you had better keep up with me if you don’t want a second thrashing when this match is over.

That brings me to the heart of this match; that little group of puppies called the Power Pack. You made a good showing of yourself last week. Not good enough to win, but better than I expected from you little puppies. Is the chief chump pissed because he lost again even with his Draven’s help? I mean, from where I’m standing I’m 2-0 against your little league of losers. After tonight, I think I’ll stand here 3-0, and where’s that going to leave you? Do you really think you deserve another title match?

A grin slowly creeps across Mike’s face as he thinks about the match to come.

Hammer: I’ll tell you what puppy; I’m a fair man. I always believe in giving a loser another chance to get the ass kicking he so richly deserves. You want a shot at my title at the pay-per-view? Fine, consider it yours. But what type of match should it be? What crazy hardcore insanity could we do that hasn’t been done before? How should we wow these oh so jaded fans?

Here The Hammer looks down at Gladys, leaning against the wall. He picks her up, cradles her gently, gives her a soft kiss, and then sets her back down. He then turns back to the camera.

Hammer: Gladys, baby, you know I love you, but I think you need to sit this one out. I know what will shock these fans, what they’ve never seen from Manik. When we meet at the pay-per-view it will be a good old-fashioned wrestling match. I’m challenging YOU, chump, to a SUBMISSIONS match. You and me, one on one, no tricks, no gimmicks, no weapons. The first man to submit loses. Do you think you can handle that? Do you remember these arms?

The Hammer flexes, once again showing off his massively muscled and heavily scarred arms.

Hammer: Do you remember what it felt like to have these arms wrapped around you? To be squeezed until you couldn’t breathe? To feel the icy black hand of unconsciousness squeezing at your thoughts? That’s what’s coming for you. If you have any family, say your goodbyes before our match, because I’m going to leave you a crippled wreck in the ring. What do you say, puppy? Are you ready for me, or are you too chicken-shit to face me on your own in a REAL wrestling match?

Tick tock, puppy, we’re all waiting to hear your answer.

The scene fades into static. The last sound the audience hears is The Hammer’s booming laughter.

mjn6172 on
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Shamelessly stolen from Mahoshonen...

The Guvna and Cletus Jefferson

To: Participants in the tag match, anyone who cares to read it.
    On The Colbert Report, the night before Impulse.

Last week, as regular viewers know, I named professional wrestler Boris Nikitin, that bear-loving bolshevik as the top threat on the Threatdown. Jimmy, can we roll the footage [footage airs from last week: It's only a matter of time before Boris Nikitin brings an 800 pound grizzly with him to ringside. And when he does, no wrestler will be safe!]

Now, I stand by my words, but fans of wrestling can be quite passionate...and I have received quite a few invitations to something called a "smackdown" since that segment aired, so tonight, I would like to make things right with wrestling fans and give a tip of my hat to Boris Nikitin....'s tag team partner, The Guvna. Now everyone knows that I don't trust politicians except for the ones who tell me not to trust politicians, but The Guvna goes one step further and doesn't say anything! We all know that the government that governs best is one the one that governs least. He governs so little that his home isn't even on the map. Some "non" wrestling politician said years ago that you should, "speak softly, but carry a big stick." The Guvna does it even better, he screams loudly and lets someone else carry the stick. His political advisor/manager Cletus Jefferson seems like he calls all the shots...and this is quite different from non-wrestling politics, where pasty white guys have lost all their power [a picture of Rush Limbaugh appears beside him]. So nation, I have given praise to a wrestler...something I promised I would never do after seeing all of Mr. Nanny

astrobstrd on
    Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    DravenDraven Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    To: Manik, Mike "The Hammer" Jonhson, Reaper, James "The Massacre" Powers

Draven on
    'Cause Victims... Aren't we all??

packsig.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Subject: ????
    To: Everyone

Bowksi sits alone in the locker room watching the tape from last weeks match. He sees Connor and himself getting put through a table and screams out.

Bowski: TABLE!!!!

Near Bowski is a tape recorder and on top of it says "Play me if you and Connor get put through a table." Bowski turns on the tape recorder and the voice of Louis Gosset Jr is on the other end.

Bowski: Chappy?

Tape: A bunch of things must have gone wrong if your listening to this. Whatever happened I know you must be scared I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to head for home, maybe if I was you I'd make a flat out run for Mobile Alabama.

Bowski gets up and starts to clean out his locker.

Tape: Right now your probably filled with all the doubts in the world, but I wanna tell you something Bowski. God doesn't give people things he doesn't want them to use and he gave you the ability to put a man through a table like no one else. It's a power you have inside you, down there where you keep your guts boy. It's all you need to come down to the ring and beat the living hell out of the Guvna and any crone he's got standing in your way. Connors waiting for you to go to the ring with him and he's praying for you to get your confidence back. And if you come down there fist and fire you can answer those prayers. Don't bother putting on this tape if you're going home boy.

Bowski turns the tape off, pauses for a second and then starts it again.

Tape: Good you've decided, all right first thing you gotta do is convince yourself that nothing can stop ya. You gotta believe that when you're in the ring you're invincible, like an Iron Wrestler that no one can pin. Now listen close kid. Go out there and give those people hell and don't worry about tables, they'll always be there for you.

Bowski looks up with a grin and pumps his fist and runs out of the locker room. Behind a door in the back is Connor and Louis Gosset Jr.

LGJ: He's not all there is he?

Connor: Think of him like a big man child who never really figured out movies aren't like the news.

LGJ: Well kid you gotta a hell of a match in front of ya, put I'm pulling for ya.

Connor: Thanks Chappy, err Louis.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Boris Nikitin
    Re: Tonight's tag team match
    Dave Robertson: We just recieved word that Lane Richmonds is backstage with one of the fighters from last night's cage match, Boris Nikitin

Cary Gray: Oh, I can't wait for his debut as the Guvna's tag partner! It'll be a preview of our next PAW tag team champions!

DR: That remains to be seen, Cary. Boris and the Guvna will be facing the tag champions tonight, and again at Scorched Earth for the title. We now take you to the One Man Riot!

Camera cuts to Lane Richmonds with Boris Nikitin.

Lane Richmonds: Boris, before we talk about tonight's match, do you have anything to add regarding the controversial ruling last week?

Boris Nikitin: You know, Lane, I'm not upset about it. You see, I am the master of my fury, not the other way around. Some people think that big bad Boris will fly into a rampage when he is slighted. And sometimes I do. But right now, my sights are on a different target. Which brings me to tonight.

John and Conner, you two can't be feeling good after getting manhandled by The Guvna's posse. Tonight, however, you are going to face something far worse.

Me.

And it just occured to me, John and Conner, that you'll be wanting payback for what the Guvna did to you. And seeing as we'll be facing each other again in two weeks, I'm going to offer you the chance to have it. At Scorched Earth, NAFWA, and me and the Guvna, will fight for the tag team titles in a best-of-3 tables match! [the crowd cheers] Do you two have the balls to get the retribution you're itching for? I can't wait to find out.

As for my partner's retinue: take the night off. Seriously. I know you want to watch the Guvna's back and all, but tonight, he'll be in safe hands. So you can sit back, drink a martini, and watch a master work his craft.

Mahoshonen on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    To: Reaper, Hammer, Powers.... and Draven I guess
    The scene opens in The Pack's lockerroom. Manik is sitting on his patched-up leather sofa, his SWF Overseas Championship belt to his right.

Manik - In every federation, in every wrestling promotion, in every company, hell, in everything, there are leaders... and there are followers. Obviously, Michael Johnson falls into the first category. He is a leader. Only problem is... he is not a good leader.

Manik straightens up a little, readjusts his belt on the sofa so it won't fall down and brings his attention back to the camera.

Manik - You see, Mike... You got yourself in a predicament. You find yourself teaming up with two competitors that will only slow you down. For one, you got Jake Powers. The so-called Massacre. The only Massacre going around is his in-ring performance. The guy has mic skills, that's for sure... but that's it. He's a one-trick pony.

Manik reaches for the coffee table and grabs his pack of cigarettes and his zippo lighter.

Manik - And for second, you got The Reaper. And we can all imagine how this is going to turn out, right? He has history with you that you both want settled. I know for a fact, Johnson, that you can put your differences aside for the lenght of one match... but can he? Please, allow me to seriously doubt him. And then, he goes out and calls Draven out and manages to get Draven and him into a hardcore match. That's probably the only good point going for him. He'll either want to destroy Draven, right there, right then. But the other scenario I can see happening, Mike, is that he'll turn on you to make sure Draven gets to next week's show, to face him at a 100%... To be able to rightfully claim his singlehanded victory over him. We both know... I know, you know... it's not going to happen, that's a given... but I seriously doubt that The Reaper is on the same page as we are...

Manik lights up a cigarette and puts the lighter and the cigarettes pack on the coffee table.

Manik - Hammer... You and I... we are the same... we're both old-school hard working performers with a liking for handing out pain and for uther domination. It's been a long time since I had the pleasure of facing such an opponent. And that is why I accept your challenge to a submission match. It's been a very... VERY... long time since I had the opportunity to make the pain last on my opponent... at least without having them faint...

Manik takes a drag off his cigarette and leans forward...

Manik - But Mike, there's a slight detail you forgot. We... old-schoolers... have ethics... we pride ourselves and our peers on respect. I could go on and on about how your last promo sounded like a page out of your old lady's erotic novel she keeps in the first drawer of her nightstand, the way you were asking if I remembered how your arms felt around me... And seriously, don't ever ask that again dude, that's gross... But I'm done playing mind games with you. You had your chance to back down. Now, I won't spare you. So tonight, what is going to happen is really quite simple. You're going to come out first... then Reaper... and then Powers... three individuals without a plan. And then, Draven and I... The Pack... will come out... a time-proven, winning, lethal combination. Draven and I have worked together, against eachother too. We have perfected our... "art", if you will, for the better part of the past 7 years.

Manik takes another drag off his cigarette, looks down and to his right, staring at the belt. As he turns back to the camera, he leans back into a more comfortable position.

Manik - So, Mike... The way I see it, this week, you're the one getting screwed. This is it, runt. This is where the showoff ends and the real work gets done. Tonight, it's going to be two on one, on one, on one... In all fairness, Mike, I wouldn't mind if you were to go see the boss and ask him to change the card. I really couldn't care less... Hell, it's not even a title match... so save yourself the embarrassement and sit this one out with Gladys. That way, we take out the kids... and WE, you and I, face each other at the Pay-per-view.

Manik puts is cigarette out after taking one last drag off of it. He blows the smoke in the air...

The ball is in your hands Mike... Better make it count...

The camera zooms in on Manik's face, a large sadistic grin across it.

Manik - As for Reaper and Powers... Too bad you didn't choose to stay out of our path kids... The Pack is taking over this town... How do you like Them apples?

The scene fades to black as Manik grins at the camera.

Manik on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    packsig.jpg
    Wins 1 Losses 2
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    To: Manik, Draven, and my partners Reaper and Massacre.
    Subject: Tonight's match

Impulse returns after a brief commercial break. Once again the camera opens on Mike Johnson, alone in his boiler room. He looks almost amused as watches a replay of Manik’s latest interview on a small black and white television. As the replay concludes, he chuckles and then finally turns to the camera and begins to speak.

Hammer: Oh, Manik. Manik, Manik, Manik. Were you a little . . . disturbed by my last interview? Did it bother you when I talked about what I was going to do to you at the pay per view?

Too bad, puppy.

What I said to you was the absolute, unvarnished truth. You don’t seem to understand that I’m unlike any opponent you’ve ever faced. I’ll take whatever pain you can dish out with a smile on my face, and I’ll give it back to you twice as hard until you SCREAM for mercy. I’ll break you for no reason at all, just because I like the sounds you make when you hurt. Your pain brings a smile to my face. It’s my only pleasure; this business is all I have.

It’s the only thing I have left.

I know a lot of you boys have families. I know that you, Manik, have a wife and kid at home. Not me. NEVER me. Wrestling is my life. Hurting others is the only thing that makes me feel good. Breaking my opponent in the ring is the best fucking feeling in the world, better than booze, smokes, even women. NOTHING makes me feel good except hurting other people. Here, at least, I get paid to enjoy my pleasures.

The only pleasure I have left.

Now, you do make some good points Manik. You and the little puppy, Draven, you’re a good team. You’ve worked together and you know each other well. Reaper, Massacre, and I, we’ve never worked together before. Hell, you’ve embarrassed the two of them in previous matches, and I’ve done terrible things to the Reaper myself. But you know what? None of that matters. There’s only one thing that matters to these boys.

Revenge.

Terrible bloody revenge.

We’ve all got our pride. All three of us took a beating at the hands of you little pound puppies last week. I may have won our match, but I still remember what you two did to me. Reaper and Massacre, they don’t even have that much to salve their egos. All they have left is the hope of wreaking a terrible bloody vengeance on you. That’s what led to Reaper and Draven’s hardcore match, and that’s what’s going to lead to our submission match.

You’re right, I would rather have you at one hundred percent at the pay per view, but don’t think that will slow me down for a single instant. If I end up breaking you tonight and you can’t make it to our next match, well, I’ll take what I can get. For the moment I’m content to leave the little puppy for Reaper and Massacre, but you’re mine Manik. From the moment you step in the ring tonight you’re a marked man, and I will do whatever I need to do to win tonight even if it means breaking both of us. Whatever it takes, The Hammer WILL fall on you tonight, and I’ll stand once again victorious over your broken little body.

The Hammer reaches to turn off the camera, then pauses for a moment and continues to speak.

Hammer: One last thing. Draven, don’t think you’ve been forgotten. I may be willing to let others take you first, but I remember last week. Mark my words puppy, one of these days it’s going to be you and me one on one, and maybe then you’ll remember why you should be scared of the things that go bump in the night. You’ll come to understand why people call me a monster. Sweet dreams, puppy.

The Hammer finally reaches over and shuts off the camera, and the image dissolves into static.

mjn6172 on
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    To: Andrea Hill, Sean Masaki, and The Roadster
    Re: Kicking It Up A Notch
    Dave Robertson: Welcome back to another action-packed episode of PAW's Impulse. Along side Cary Gray, I'm Dave Robertson and we have an outstanding card tonight. After the brutal tag match last week, "The Roadster" will be squaring off against Sean Masaki and "The Punisher" Paul Jameson will be taking on Andrea Hill in a non-title match. What do you make of that match last week Cary?

Cary Gray: Well it's obvious that "The Roadster" doesn't have too much working up top for him since he tried to take on those two huge superstars by himself. Not like he had any help anyway with that shmuck Paul Jameson in his corner.

Dave Robertson: That was a most peculiar match Cary. I'm not sure I have seen anything like it ... it was as if "The Roadster" was out to prove something, because you could tell that "The Punisher" wanted to come into that match in the worst way.

As Robertson finishes, the lights dim in the arena and the massive screen above the stage flickers on.

Cary Gray: (With sarcasm in his voice) Ooo Ooo, I wonder who this could be.

As the image appears on the screen, the crowd instantly starts to cheer. It's the inside of Paul Jameson's father's basement in Fayetteville, North Carolina. As the camera focuses in, there isn't anyone to be seen, but voices are heard. The camera moves around the computer table and into the shot is Paul Jameson, lying on a workout bench getting ready to start bench pressing. Again, we see the elderly gentleman from behind. He is standing near Paul Jameson's head ready to spot him, only from an awkward angle.

Cary Gray: Oh come on, why did we have to talk about him again Robertson! Every time we talk about him he ends up saying something. It's like some jacked up 6th sense.

Paul Jameson lifts up the bar and brings it down to his chest.

Paul Jameson: I'm really not sure what you wanted me to do Dad, I can't just jump into the ring and automatically become the legal man. Have you forgotten the rules?

Robert Jameson: There's no need to be sarcastic son, all I'm saying is that you should have found some way to get in there. You did during that tag match didn't you? And look what happened, you get to have a shot at the World title soon. I just know that if you really wanted to help you would have.

Paul Jameson hurridely places the bar back onto the stand and shoots up with a look of annoyance in his eyes.

Paul Jameson: You know I wanted to be in there! I tried my hardest to get into that ring and for some reason he didn't want to tag me in! It's not my fault "The Roadster" wanted to take on half the free world by himself. I did my best and you know it!

Robert Jameson puts his left hand on Paul's chest and pushes him back down while pointing to the bar that Paul had re-holstered. The audience looks around at each other in astonishment at the ease it took Robert to push down his much younger son.

Paul Jameson: And thanks for the congratulations on that win by the way. I told you that I had my head on straight and that you had nothing to worry about. And did you see that with Sean? Why would he come after me like that?

Robert Jameson: Who knows, maybe the kid thinks you stole what he deserved. No idea how he would think that since they beat him off of every turnbuckle in the ring that night. Regardless though, it looks like he might have aligned himself with Andrea Hill now, so you need to watch out around him. And what do you mean nothing to worry about? You made a great manuever to get into that match, but if it's not like you were lighting the world on fire that night. Shut up about the past anyway, right now it means absolutely nothing. This week you are going up against the PAW Champion. It's a non-title match but you need to get your wits together.

Paul Jameson: I told you already, I'm as focused as can be. Andrea Hill is a phenomenal wrestler and is in the best physical shape of nearly anyone else out there. I've learned a lot from our last couple bouts now, and I've definately been getting extra training in with your old cruiserweight buddy Jason "The High Wire Act" McDonnel. They don't fight in nearly the same style, but I didn't know anyone else with the same body type. Point is, I'm ready for whatever she throws at me. We have fought enough now that I know how she's going to attack, and this time I'm going to be ready for her. I'm going to get her right in the middle of that ring and lock in the Dead Eye and make her quit again. This is going to be a huge match.

Robert Jameson: Damn right it's going to be a huge match! You're going up against the champ! Who cares if it's non-title, this is where you can show her that you are ready for her. This is where you can make her nervous and second guess herself when it comes time to defend her title. This is where you can show her that you can flat out beat her.

Paul Jameson: I know, and I'm ready!

Robert Jameson: Good, now shut up and bench.

Paul Jameson shakes his head and continues to push the bar up and down in a methodical motion. After 3 more reps, there is a sound of a door being opened in the background. In walks Alison Rose in what seems to be a workout outfit. She has donned the sweatshirt that everyone has seen Paul Jameson wear on more than one occassion and she has ear buds in as well. As she walks to the opposite side of the bench, she leans over and kisses Paul on the forehead. Robert Jameson just shakes his head.

Alison Rose: Are you done with your benching yet? I thought you promised me our own workout later on ...

Paul Jameson: Don't worry Alison, just another 10 reps and I'll be finished. I'll meet up with you in one minute hon.

Alison Rose: Alright, I'll see you in a couple minutes then.

Alison walks out of camera shot and a door is heard closing in the distance. A faint smile is seen over Paul Jameson's face. Out of nowhere, a hand is wrapped around his throat. The crowd recoils in horror. Robert Jameson has his left hand around his son's throat and has moved within inches of his face now. His withered right hand comes up and he points right at him.

Robert Jameson: (firmly and softly) I told you, you need to concentrate. How are you going to concentrate with (disgust fills his voice) her around here.

Paul Jameson quickly re-holsters the bar and slaps his father's hand away.

Paul Jameson: What in the --- ... God Dad, what are you trying to do! I told you, for the last time, Alison isn't part of the problem here, she is part of the solution. And we are just getting ready to go run. For ONCE in my life, will you please trust me that I know what I'm doing. She definately is helping ... and she makes me happy. So how about you just butt-out and watch me win at Impulse on Monday!

Paul Jameson exits the room, obviously disgusted, while Robert Jameson puts his head in his hands and shakes it.

Dave Robertson: Well now ... it looks like "The Punisher" is ready for the fight tonight, but Cary, what did we just see?!?

Cary Gray: Now does everyone see why they refer to him as "The Psycho?" I actually feel bad for the kid because you know that's going to happen to him eventually.

Dave Robertson: Well, let's hope not ... regardless though, it looks like it's going to be a showstopper of a fight tonight!

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    PAW Impulse - Episode #7

Show Intro
    DR: Welcome everyone to another exciting night of PAW action! Tonight, we've got several matches on the card that should prove interesting, without a doubt!

CG: Yes, Dave...finally tonight, Andrea Hill will silence her doubters, as she takes down the only man who can claim to have a victory over her, Paul Jameson! And after proving her dominance...we'll see that no one is worthy of challenging her for that title! Not Jameson...and especially not The Roadster!

DR: We'll see, Cary, we'll see. Also on tap tonight is a non-title match between the tag team champions, Connor Mackenzie and John Bowski...and the men who will be chellenging them on pay-per-view, Boris Nikitin and The Guvna! A win here tonight could give either team some much-needed momentum heading into the title match...I can't wait to see who coms out on top!

CG: We were also supposed to see James McNeil take on Sean Masaki. However, in her infinite wisdom, Julia Strand has appealed to PAW management to postpone this match until Masaki is good and healthy. Sean's leg still isn't quite healed...so he's been given the night off!

DR: Makes me wonder...what is Julia Strand doing meddling in Masaki's career? Last I heard, Andrea Hill was her client...not Sean Masaki! Could Masaki have signed with her as well, or is something else going on?

CG: Hell, I'd LOVE to sign with Miss Strand. I'd take orders from her any day.

DR: And finally, James Powers, he Reaper, and Mike Johnson get a chance at revenge as they take on the Pack in a handicap tag match!

CG: Speaking of which, sounds like Alison Rose is standing by backstage, to try and get a word with The Massacre!

DR: Take it away, Alsion!

The cameras cut to backstage, where Alison Rose is looking as fine as ever. With a bright smile, she addresses the camera with a mic in her hand, standing in front of a locker room door.

AR: Thanks guys! In a moment, I'm going to try and get a word with "The Massacre" James Powers...who's been awfully quiet these last couple weeks! Hopefully, we can get some thoughts from him on recent developments, and his attack at the hands of The Pack.

She turns and knocks on the door. Waiting a few seconds, she hears no answer, so she knocks again.

AR: ...Mr. Powers? Could I please get a word from you about your match tonight?

She knocks again...and this time, the door slowly swings open. Puzzled, she steps inside. Suddenly, she yells out in shock.

AR: Oh my God! Someone help!

The cameraman rushes into the room, past a distraught Alison. The camera's vision focuses on the scene inside the room. There, James Powers lies unmoving, in a pool of blood. He's out cold...and the entire room looks like it's been torn apart in a struggle.

AR: Stop filming! We need to get him some help!

Alison reaches and grabs the camera, and the feed cuts off. The show cuts back tot he announce table, to a puzzled Dave Robertson.

DR: What happened to James Powers?! Could this be another assault by The Pack?

CG: The puddle of blood? Looks like their MO. And it looks like James Powers aint gonna be making it to the match tonight!

DR: Damn it...this can't go unpunished!

CG: The way I see it, they're just evening the odds! It's two on two now...The Pack is just making sure things are fair!

DR: Fair?! This was uncalled for, Cary...and by no means "fair"!

CG: Whatever, Dave...looks like whatever the plan was, it worked...cause this match is coming up next!

The Pack vs. Mike "The Hammer" Johnson & The Reaper
    Ring Announcer : "The following Tag-Team match is scheduled for one fall... First,weighing in at 475 pounds, the Lady Luck Champion, Michael "The Hammer" Johnson!"

Europe's "The Final Countdown" hits the PA system as the crowd gets to it's feet for the Lady Luck Champion. The Hammer makes his way down the ramp and steps into the ring. Without a warning, the lights of the arena suddenly dim as The Reaper's theme music begins to blare over the sound system.

Ring Announcer : And his partner... Weighing in at 215 pounds... The Reaper.

Reaper approaches the ring with a no-nonsense stride and a scowl on his face. Audible over the music is the sound of boos and chants of "Rea-per Sucks!" from the crowd. He steps into the ring. The Hammer starts telling him how it's going to be...

Ring Announcer : And their opponents... at a combined weight of 550 pounds, the team of... The enigmatic Draven... the extreme assassin Manik... The Pack!

Pantera's "Cowboys from hell" hits the PA system as Manik and Draven come out onto the stage under the crowd's mixed reaction. They pace down the ramp and slide into the ring. The referree tries to keep The Reaper and The Hammer in a corner as Draven and Manik each climb a turnbuckle to taunt the crowd, getting a bit more cheerings than previously. Both man, standing off their respective second turnbuckle, look back at their opponents with a sadistic gaze before climbing down and both head to their corner.

The Reaper manifests his wish to go first and Michael Johnson steps back through the ropes, gesturing Reaper to go ahead. Manik taps Draven's shoulder and steps through the ropes, leaving Reaper to Draven. The referree signals for the belt...

Both man start pacing around in the ring, sizing eachother up and down... and they lock up. Reaper grabs Draven in a headlock. Draven propels Reaper into the ropes. Reaper bounces off the ropes and Draven goes for a hiptoss. Reaper counters and goes for a hiptoss as well. Draven blocks and brings a knee up to Reaper's torso, making him bend over. Draven goes for the ropes, bounces off them and lands a big boot to Reaper's face. The crowd is already cheering at the two athletes.

Reaper charges at Draven for a clothesline but Draven ducks and goes for the ropes. Both men bounce off the ropes on opposite sides. Hammer is tapping the turnbuckle, rooting for his teammate as Manik is stretching his legs, one foot on the top turnbuckle. Reaper goes for a second clothesline but Draven grabs the arm and whips him into The Packs' corner, getting The Reaper hit in the back of the head by Manik's foot. Reaper turns around to punch Manik, sending him down to ringside. As he turns back, Draven charges at him and delivers his Wolfstrike, pressing Reaper against the turnbuckle. Reaper manages to stay on his feet and Draven whips him into the opposite corner. Manik climbs back on the apron. Reaper, in his corner, is being charged at by Draven but as Draven goes for a second Wolfstrike, Reaper dodges and The Hammer delivers a hard right to Draven's face. Draven steps back, holding his face, trying to shake it off as The Reaper tags The Hammer in.

The Hammer grabs Draven from behind and goes for a Russian Legsweep. Hammer gets up as Manik is yelling at Draven to come tag him in. Hammer shouts back at Manik and picks up Draven. Hammer goes for his bearhug but Draven knees him in the mid section. Hammer lets go, bending over in pain as Draven springs in Manik's direction for a tag. As they're about to tag, Hammer grabs a hold on Draven's pants and pulls him back. Dravens falls face first to the mat. Hammer pulls Draven to his feet and throws him into the ropes. As he bounces off, The Hammer grabs Draven and delivers a Gorilla Press. Draven falls face first to the mat. Manik yells at Draven again and The Hammer smiles at Manik. He picks up Draven but Draven delivers a low-blow to The Hammer. The Hammer gets on one knee and Draven tags Manik in. Manik pounces off to the ropes, bounces off of them and delivers a dropkick to The Hammer's face, to the crowd's cheering. The Hammer falls on his back and Manik gets up. As Hammer gets to his feet, Manik grabs him and whips him into the ropes. Both men end up running one towards another and collides as Manik goes for a Lou Thez Press. Manik delivers hard right punches to The Hammer. Manik gets up and climbs the turnbuckle, gesturing for his "Can Opener". As he turns around and jumps, there stands The Hammer. The Hammer receives Manik's throat in his elevated right hand and delivers a Chokeslam. Manik rolls out of the ring upon the impact. Dravens climbs the turnbuckle as The Hammer is taunting the crowd and as he turns around to taunt at Draven, he receives Draven's flying dropkick to the face, sending him to the mat. Draven rolls out of the ring , tags Manik while keeping an eye in the ring, and climbs back in. The Hammer is dizzy and gets to his corner to tag Reaper in.

Reaper steps through the ropes as Draven rolls in and runs at him. Reaper delivers a few kicks to Draven and brings him up to his feet. Draven blocks a punch and lands a series of his own ending with a headbutt. Reaper takes a few staggering steps back and tries to shake it off. Draven charges with a clothesline but Reaper ducks and counters with a rear beack to back neckbreaker. Both men are down. From ringside, we can see Manik getting up, his face covered in blood. The Hammer gets a surprised look as Manik, painfully, steps back onto the apron, a pissed off look on his face. Reaper gets to his feet and signals for his finisher. He pulls Draven up to his feet and as he goes for the chokeslam, Draven dodges, turns Reaper around and delivers the Full Moon, a quadruple German Suplex.
    He goes for the pin.
    Hammer steps in.
    Hammer breaks the count.

Draven looks at The Hammer who's getting back into his corner. Draven puts The Reaper in an Ankle lock...
    The referree checks for The Reaper, asking him if he wants to quit. The Reaper screams in pain that he won't tap out.
    Draven yanks on his hold a little but gets a kick to the back of the head from The Hammer. Both The Reaper and Draven on their back and The Hammer, standing with a smile on his face, although apparently a little in pain, the lights go out as Manik screams "Bloodbath!!!".

"We're taking over this town!" is heard through the loudspeakers. A few thumps are heard in the ring and a splash...

The lights come back on and the ring is covered in what seems to be a dark red liquid resembling blood. In the "blood" pool, Hammer, on his face, and Draven sitting on The Reaper's chest, obviously exhausted. The referree looks at all this and sees that Draven is attempting somewhat of a pin so he counts...

The referee signals for the bell and Draven gets up to his feet.

Ring Announcer : And the winners... Draven...and Manik.... The Pack!!!

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Non-Title: The Guvna & Boris Nikitin vs. NAFWA
    Boris and Bowski start out as the legal men, as Dragon and Guvna stand on the apron in their respective corners. As soon as the bell rings, both men come out swinging. They trade hard punches back and forth, neither man faltering. Boris eventually gets the upper hand, backing Bowski into the corner. He continus to rain down blows on The Bomb, but the ref steps in, and starts a five-count to break in up. Nikitin waits until 4 before finally letting up, and backs away at the ref's request. Bowski shakes the cobwebs out of his head, and lunges forward, and the two men lock up. They stuggle with each other, each man showing impressive strength, beofre Bowski pulls Boris down into a headlock. Nikitin pushes him up against the ropes and sends Bowski rebounding off of them, forcing him to let go in te process. On the retusn, both men go for shoulder blocks...and neither man goes down! They collide into each other hard, butthey both just shrug it off. They lock eyes, and trash talk each other, then Bowski runs and hits the ropes...shoulder block! Boris doesn't budge! Now Nikitin hits the ropes...shoulder block! Bowski stays on his feet! This tiem, both men hit the ropes...but as Nikitin hits them, Guvna tags him across the back! They collide in the ring once again...and both men stay on their feet once again! But Guvna jumps Bowski from behind, clubbing his forearm over the back of the tag champ! Boris and Guvna both grabs him, and together, give him a double vertical suplex!

Nikitin gets back to his corner, and Guvna covers Bowski, hooking the leg. 1...2...kickout! Guvna stands up and brings Bowski with him, but John punches up into the big man's stomach, stunning the giant. Bowskiducks down and runs forward, pushing uvna into the corner with his shoulder driven into his gut. Bowski continues to thrust his shoulder into Guvna several times, and then reaches out and tags Dragon. Bowski pulls Guvna out of the corner and lifts him up for a side slam, and at the same time, Dragon leapfrogs over the ropes into the ring with a knee drop to the face! Guvna is down, and as Bowski gets back to his corner, Dragon makes the cover! 1...2...no! Guvna throws him off. Both men get to their feet. Guvna charges Dragon...but Connor baseball slides down in between his legs, sliding behind him! Guvna turns just in time to get met with a dropkick to the chest. H stumbles back into the corner...his own corner, as Boris makes the blind tag. Dragon runs at Guvna...but is decapitated by Nikitin with a huge clothesline, as the big Russian rishes into the ring!

Boris covers Dragon, who's been thrown for a loop after that viscious blow. The ref counts...1...2...kickout! Nikitin drags im to his feet...and then plants him with the Hangover! Again with the cover! 1...2...no! Dragon still has enough to kick out! Boris tags in Guvna, and then holds him in place, letting his partner have a free shot. Dragon staggers and drop to the mat after a hard blow from Guvna, and Boris steps back through the ropes, taking his spot in the corner. Guvna charges Dragon, and nails him with the Veto! Dragon falls back after another hard hit to the head...he could be out! Guvna hooks the leg...1...2...NO! Dragon still kicks out!

Guvna looks down at his opponent and smiles. He lifts Dragon up, and grabs him into position for a powerbomb...he lifts him up with the Filibuster Buster! Dragon reverses it into a headscissors! Guvna goes flying down to the mat! The fans cheer Dragon on as he pulls himself to his feet, and looks over to his partner, reaching out for the tag. Cletus Jefferson hops onto the apron...and starts arguing with the ref! Dragon dives forward...and he makes the tag! Bowski rushes into the ring...and the ref cuts him off! He didn't see the tag! The fans boo, as the ref forces Bowski back into his corner! Dragon gets up and starts to argue with the ref...but his back is turned, and he doesn't see Guvna make a tag of his own! Boris gets into the ring...and Dragon turns around, right into Boris' waiting hands...Kamchatka's Fury! Dragon is down! Boris covers him...the ref starts to count...1...Bowski steps into the ring...and Guvna charges him, holding him back! ...2......3! Guvna and Boris win the match!

Boris's music plays, and the ref raises his hand. Smiling he looks down at the tag titles on the timekeeper's table and motions around his waist. Then he turns to leave. As he walks up the ramp, Bowski comes into the ring to check on his partner...but he's jumped by Cletus and Guvna! The two men putthe boots to the tag champs...then Cletus yells a few orders at his client. Guvna smiles, and gets out of the ring...and pulls a table out from underneath! He slides it in the ring...and as Cletus continues to stomp down on the two tag champs, he sets it up! Guvna pulls a limp Dragn up...and lifts him up for the Landslide! He walks over to the table...and Bowski dives and clips his knee from behind! Guvna falls to one knee, dropping Dragon. Celtus takes a swing at him...but Bowski blocks it, and slugs Jefferson down! uvna charges him...and Bowski drops down, pulling down the top rope and sending the big man tumbling outside the ring! Boski looks over at Cletus...and now he's the one smiling. He boots the middle-aged snake in the gut, and then wraps his arms around him. He lifts him into the air...Shock and Awe through the table! Celtus is driven down in an explosion of wood and metal! Jeffeseron lays stil on the mat, out sold, and Bowski raiseshis arms into the air in victory, to the fans' delight. Bomb's music plays, and he helps his partner out of the ring, the two leaving together as the show goes to a commercial break.

Non-Title: Andrea Hill vs. "The Punisher" Paul Jameson
    The ref calls for the bell, and the two competitors circle the ring. They close in on each other, and lock up. Punisher quickly and easily takes Andrea down with a drop toehold, immediately floating over into a headlock. Andrea grimaces as he clentches his arm around her head. She stands up to one knee, trying to squirm out of the hold. She nails a few elbows to the gut, and breaks free by running away from him, and rebounding off the ropes. As she returns Punisher ducks down, and she leapfrogs over him. She hits the opposite ropes...and Punisher catches her with a tilt-a-whirl slam...no! Andrea counters it to a headscissors takedown! Punshier rolls to the mat, and both of them roll back to their feet. Andrea runs at him, and again leapfrogs over him...but this time, he stands up and catches her on his shoulder! Powerbomb...no, Andrea gives him a hurracanrana! Punisher is a little slow getting up this time, and as he stands up, he's met with a hard dropkick to the face! Punisher crashes down to the mat, and Andrea covers him! 1...2...no, kickout!

Andrea stands up and then stomps down on Jameson's face, keeping him grounded. Smiling, she turns her back to him, and motions to the crowd...to a chorus of boos. She leps up into the air with a beautiful standing moonsault...Punisher lifts his knees up! Andrea's gut is driven into his legs...and she stumbles back, clutching her ribs. Punisher is up, and he takes advantage, grabbing her and lifting her up...gutwrench suplex! The champ is down, and Punisher covers her...1...2...kickout! Punisher stands up, pulling Andrea up with him. He gives her a gutbuster, driving her midsection across his knee! Andrea goes down, gasping for air. Punisher covers her again...1...2...another kickout!

Weezing and struggling to breathe, Andrea rolls onto her stomach. Punsiher pulls her up by the ponytail, then gives her a good, hard knee to the gut, not allowing her to catch her breath. He whips her to the ropes...Andrea leaps up and springboards off the middle ropes, twisting around and hitting a flying cross body! Paul's shoulders are down! 1...2...no! Jameson pushes her off! Andrea backs into the corner and lifts herself onto the second rope. As Jameson rises, she leaps off with another cross body...but Jameson sees her coming, and jumps up, intercepting her with a dropkick right to the midsection! Andrea collapses with a loud thud, and Punisher dives on top of her, hooking the leg...1...2...no! Andrea still is able to kick out!

The fans start to rally behind Punisher, as he grabs her feet and drags her to the center of the ring. He signals for the Dead Eye! He steps in between her legs and turns her over...no, Andrea punches up, hitting him in the face! She pushes him away with her impressive leg strength...he hits the ropes, and on the rebound, gives him a monkey flip! Punisher gets to his feet, a little dazed, caught off-guard...Andrea runs and twirls around, hitting a hard spinkick to the side of his head! Punisher's eyes roll into the back of his head, and he falls to the ground! Andrea crawls over to him, still clutching her ribs, and lazilly flops on top of him. The ref counts...1...2......kickout! Andrea screams at the ref and slaps the mat in frustration.

Andrea stomps down on Jamseon a few times, then walks over to the corner. She climbs up to the top...and calls for the Phoenix Splash! She leaps...twisting around in the air with her incredible gymnastic skill...Punisher lifts his knees again! Andrea gasps and groans, rolling onto her back after colliding stomach-first with her opponent. Jamseon is up! He runs over to the downed world champ, grabs both of her legs...and locks in the Dead Eye, in the middle of the ring! Andrea's back and ribs are folded in ways they should never be folded, and the champ is screaming in pain! She desperately reaches forward, trying to grab the ropes...but she's way too far away! The fans are chanting for her to tap! Punisher leans back even more, increasing the pressure! A look of agonizing pain crosses the champion's face! She lifts her hand up...and she taps! Paul Jameson just made the World Champion tap out!

The bell rings, and Jameson lets go of the hold. His music starts to play, and the ref raises his hand in victory. Andrea is barely moving, tears streaming down her face. She slowly rolls to the edge of the ring, where Julia Strand is there to help her. Julia aids her in getting out of the ring, then demands the timekeeper bring her the World Championshoip belt. Andrea leans on Julia for support, and clasps her title belt in her free hand. She glares up at Jameson, who's celebrating in the ring. He looks down at her and smiles, motioning around his waist that the belt will soon be his. Andrea hugs the belt even tighter, and yells back up at him..."it's still MINE!" Andrea flashes him a sour glare, then the two women turns to leave. The final shot of the program is Paul Jameson up on the turnbuckle, playing to the crowd with his music blasting.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    To: Six Man Tag participants, particularly Manik and Andrea Hill
    Re: Titles and tonight's match

The lights come up as the scene opens on Mike Johnson, sitting alone on a stool in the boiler room. The Lady Luck Championship belt is draped across his knees, and Gladys is leaning against a wall nearby. Mike is staring down at the belt, not looking at the camera, as he begins to speak.

Hammer: Huh. You little puppy boys finally did it. You teamed up, used your puppy power, and you managed to beat the Reaper. I hate to say it, but really who hasn’t done that at this point? Is that really something to be so proud of?

Mike looks up, and there’s a weary look on his face.

Hammer: What, what did you think I was talking about? You little losers sure as hell didn’t beat ME last week. I’ll admit, you got me a good one with that little bloodbath routine, but you know damn well that it wouldn’t have ended things. That’s why you puppies pinned the boogeyman instead. It’s still my fault, I suppose. If I’d been a little quicker I could have interrupted that pin, but technically your team beat mine and that gives you one win over me.

The weary look is replaced by an angry glare as Mike continues to speak.

Hammer: That’s all you puppies are EVER going to get. I was hoping for a perfect record against you two freaks, but we all have to deal with some disappointment. Now we get to this weeks match, a big six-man tag. John Bowski, James McNeil, and myself against the Chief Chump, the Goobernator, and Andrea Hill.

Huh.

Andrea.

Andrea, we should be selling out Madison Square Garden together. Think of it, The Lady Luck Champion versus the PAW Heavyweight Champion. “The Battle of the Belts,” that’s what they’d call it. We’d sell out any arena we met up in; we would have the crowd on their feet and cheering from bell to bell. Can you see it? A title unification match, the undisputed PAW championship. Instead, we’re in a six-man tag team match just teasing these people with the potential of what they might one day see.

Ah well, such are dreams.

Don’t think I’ll go any easier on you Ms. Hill. You wouldn’t really expect me to anyways, and it’s not in my nature. If we end up in the ring together I’ll give you everything I’ve got and expect the same in return. Maybe the peons at home will finally realize that I’M the real champion, and that if I’d gotten back into this country a day earlier it would have been me winning the belt at the end of that tournament.

As for you, Mr. Goobernator, just remember how our last match ended up; you a bloody mess on the floor, and Gladys and I standing over top of you with my pretty new belt in my hands. Remember that, and ask yourself if you REALLY want that to happen again.

The Hammer will fall again on one of you. The only real question about this match is who will the sacrificial lamb be?

Mike reaches over and turns off the camera with an audible *click*. The image once again dissolves into static before being replaced by a test pattern.

mjn6172 on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    To: The Guvna, Boris Nikitin
    RE: The Word

“Now Nation, I know that over the past few weeks I have made some references to certain individuals that are part of the PAW wrestling company. These individuals of course have been creating quite a ruckus within the ranks and are now appearing to be gearing up for a challenge against the current tag team champions. So now we have a Russian and a man from Parts Unknown challenging a duo of which one is American and one is Canadian. Nation, we very well could be looking at brawl of international ramifications…which brings us to tonight’s word.

The audience in front of Stephen lets out a little cheer in the background as the screen splits to show Colbert on one side while the block for the word appears on the other as usual. The word “International Ramifications” shown

We all know that there is always going to be a certain level of hostility when it comes to sporting events but none more so then when participants from various nations are involved. The Olympics, the Pan-Am games, Iron Chef, all of them a cut throat contest to prove the best of the best.

On the screen to the right the word disappears to be replaced by the words Dwayne “The Crock Pot” Johnson and a picture of him from when he wrestled but a chef’s hat appears to be superimposed on his head, a cooking apron covering his chest. A small bit more laughter is heard from crowd as Colbert continues.

From Rocky Balboa fighting Ivan Drago…

A picture of Rocky throwing a punch at Ivan taken from Rocky 4 appears next to Colbert.

To Charles Barkley taking on Godzilla…

The picture changes to that of Godzilla putting on a pair of goggles from the old commercials.

It is in our nature to prove who is the best of the best To-

As Colbert is about to speak a cheer comes from the audience as someone shows up on camera holding up a sign like they would of PAW. Colbert holds up his hands as more of the crowd cheers. Just out of the direct line of the viewer something will be seen moving behind Stephen Colbert. As the camera zooms out, we then see Connor Mackenzie dressed a little more formally then some might be used to but still has his tag title belt with him.

Connor: Mind if I finish this up?

Colbert turns in his chair and offers a hand in greeting that Connor shakes.

Connor: Now…

The crowd continues cheering for a moment which causes both Connor and Colbert to motion for them to quiet a bit.

Connor: I don’t want to take too long seeing as this is a half hour show but I came here today to see you Mr. Colbert. You see, it is not often that someone is asked this but given your words over the past few weeks I thought it best to come to you. You see, I think it would be good to ask someone that could have an impartial eye in the match coming up at our next pay per view. And after lengthy discussion we have decided that we would like to extend to you, sir, the opportunity to be that impartial eye.

As Connor speaks he pulls out a black and white striped shirt and offers it to Colbert. Looking to the crowd, Colbert smiles for a moment then looks back at the shirt with a grin.

Colbert: I’ll admit it’s not my colour but...I guess the new word will be yes! The Colbert Nation will be represented and be the impartial eye in this coming fight.

The audience applauds and cheers as the camera pans the studio and goes to a commercial.

Gonmun on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    To: The 6 man tag participants.
    RE: See things no one else can see

Lane Richmond smooths his suit and knocks on the door to Bowskis dressing room, clearly hesistant to enter the man insanity once again. Inside the room Bowski is standing next to a table with cups, a short asian man address the cups.

John Bowski: Lane its wonderful to see you.

Lane looks to Bowski, looks at the asian man and then back to Bowski.

Lane Richmond: Uhh Mr. Bowski you requested this interview, but after our last altercation I have to wonder exactly what your intent is.

John Bowski: To make ammends Lane, see last time we had a bit of fun at your expense and I want to make that up to you.

Lane Richmond: How?

John Bowski: By having you in for a drink with my spiritual advisor Egg Shen.

Lane Richmond: Egg Shen? Victor Wong died like 10 years ago Bowski.

Bowski gets close to Richmond conspiratorially.

John Bowski: Ixnay on the deadsay to Eggay Shenay, heay don't knoway, heay deaday.

Lane Richmond closes his eyes and rubs the bridge of his nose.

John Bowski: So Egg what are you we drinking today?

Egg Shen: Magic potion.

John Bowski: Fantastic magic potion whats it do?

Egg Shen: You'll be able to see things no one else can see, do things no one else can do.

John Bowski: Sounds great Lane you want some of this. And know when I ask I'm not really asking if you catch my drift.

Lane Richmond: If I do this will you at least answer a couple questions in sincerity?

John Bowski: On my mothers grave.

Lane Richmond: Your mothers dead? Sorry to hear that.

John Bowski: No she's alive but you know when she does pass I'll swear on her grave just for you.

Lane and Bowski drink the "potion". Lane looks like he's about to gag, Bowski has a big smile on his face.

John Bowski: Hot damn Egg just like mom used to make.

Lane Richmond: Your mother made magic potions?

John Bowski: Well she didn't call them that, but she said it would take me to a magical place of shutting up. And I'll be damned it usually did.

Lane Richmond: So Mr. Bowski you face in a 6 way tag match Andrea Hill, The Guvna and Manik. Other than drinking magic potions how are you preparing?

John Bowski: I've been on a strict regiment of painting fences, washing cars, and throwing out the trash. I think I'm ready to face anyone. Also my spiritual advisor will accomanpy me to the ring.

Lane Richmond: Egg Shen is coming with you ring side?

John Bowski: Yes he is, see Connor is busy with his match this week so I asked Egg to watch my back, he even brought his Six Demon Bag with him.

Lane Richmond: Oh god let me guess what's inside...

Egg Shen: Wind, fire, all that kind of thing. I'm also bringing a can of whoop ass and if anyone involves themselves in Bowski's match they'll have to go through me first!

Lane Richmond: You heard it here first guys, Bowski and his spiritual advisor are ready for the match tonight, the question is, is PAW ready for them?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Boris Nikitin
    To: Conner MacKenzie, John Bowski, the Guvna, Cletus Jefferson
    Last week, tonight, and next week
    The camera cuts to a classicly styled office. Seated behind a desk is The Guvna, flanked by what are appearantly the flags of Parts Unknown. In front of him are Boris Nikitin and Cletus Jefferson. The two are in the middle of an arguement. Boris is relaxed, while Cletus is steaming. The Guvna watches impassively.

Cletus: What the hell was so important that you couldn't stick around for five minutes?

Boris: What's it matter to you, Cletus? The match was over. We won. So I went back to the locker.

Cletus: Damnit, Boris! I was humiliated out there!

Boris: So? I agreeded to be Mr. Guvna's partner, not your chaparone. It was your decision to monkey around the ring afterwards. I told you to take the night off; you should of listened.

Cletus: Yeah? And would you have pinned Conner so easily if I wasn't there?

Boris now looks upset.
    Boris: Are you questioning my talent, you rat-faced goat fucker?

Cletus puts up his hands, now looking concerned.
    Cletus: Hold on, Boris, I didn't mean it like that. All I'm saying is that I'm watching out for my client, that's all.

Boris backs off
    Boris: Well, look at it this way: last week wasn't nearly as bad as the Louisville Incident

Cletus: Hey! Don't you ever talk about that again!!

There is a brief pause
    Cletus: You okay, Boris? I'm used to seeing you get all riled up about your opponents.

Boris: That's because I'm ticked at you sticking your nose where it shouldn't. Not tonight, though. You do what you have to do in the six-man match-up. As for MacKenzie, tonight he's gonna see that I don't need no manager to come out victorious. There won't be any Gorgeous George bullshit in store for Conner. Just some good old fashion asskicking proliferation followed by a three-count. Now if you'll excuse me gentlemen.

Boris walks off camera. Cletus looks on thoughtfully as a door is heard opening and closing.

Mahoshonen on
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The Guvna and Cletus Jefferson

To: Participants in tonight's tag match, NAFWA, Boris Nikitin

Dave Robinson: Welcome back to Impulse folks. We have an opening contest to start out with, some local talent trying to impress Jimmy Hayers.

Cary Grey: Shane "Destructo" Cano in the red trunks and Silvio Mendez in the black are normally on a tag team together but tonight they will compete to try to win over the boss. Dave, maybe you should get in the ring again...in these hard times Hayers might be looking to cut some dead weight from the roster.

DR:...And you wouldn't be considered dead weight, because...?

CG: I bring in the 18-34 year old female demographic Dave.

[The camera focuses on two men shaking hands in the ring before squaring off. "Destructo" is a cruiser-weight and Silvio stands at 6'2" and 245. They lock up and trade some amateur holds for a minute or two, before the ring is rushed by The Guvna]

DR: What's The Guvna doing out here? This is a one on one match!

[As both men turn, The Guvna clotheslines both of them down.]

CG: Looks like The Most Elected Man in Sports Entertainment wants to make it a two-on-one!

DR: Ladies and gentlemen, joining us at the announce position, Cletus Jefferson.

Cletus Jefferson: That's MR. Jefferson to you, you rube!

[Both men get to their feet and rush The Guvna, peppering him with blows. The Guvna shrugs them off. He pushes "Destructo" into the corner and snapmares Silvio to the mat. The Guvna roars and rebounds off of the ropes before filling the arena with the thunderous crack of a Veto delivered to Mendez.]

DR: Well...MR. Jefferson, why is your employer out here?

CJ: Because he wants to be and I'd like to see you go in there and stop him.

CG: He could destroy anyone on the roster though, why single out these two?

CJ: Hmm...a tag team of nobodies, one a cruiser-weight and one a heavy-weight, from two different countries...remind you of anyone?

[Cano stumbles out of the corner, into a boot to the gut. The Guvna lifts him up for a powerbomb, before dropping the cruiser across his knee, Filibuster Buster! Mendez gets to his feet and is Irish whipped into the ropes. He is caught on the rebound in a massive sidewalk slam that The Guvna swings out hard.]

DR: A devestating slam from The Guvna!

CJ: He calls that The Swing Vote!

[The Guvna pulls up "Destructo" and hoists him onto his massive shoulders. Landslide onto his partner. He motions for the ref. 1-2-3! The ref goes to raise The Guvna's hand, but The Guvna only covers the two men again.]

DR: What's going on?

CJ: He's demanding a re-count!

[The ref reluctantly counts again, 1-2-3! Both men are helped out of the ring as Cletus leaves the announce position and rolls into the ring with a microphone.]

CJ: You fans should feel special, you get to see the greatest wrestler in the world perform twice tonight. This Political Machine cannot be stopped. NAFWA, you better get ready; recuperate from all the damage that my employer has already inflicted on you if you can, it won't matter. This man is capable of taking you both out himself, but so is his partner. We reached across the aisle and asked Nikitin, that one man riot, to be our partner because he is a beast. Tonight, the Canadian "Drag-queen" will find out just how much of a beast he is. Leave enough for the pay-per-view though Boris...

For his second win tonight, my client gets to once again take apart that loose screw, John Bowski. Ms. Hill? You made one hell of a business decision buying The Guvna out of the tourney for your title, and you show your savvy again by recruiting him for this match.

As for our special referee, who the fuck is Stephen Colbert [pronounces it col-burt]? [The crowd, mostly booing continuously to this point, laughs a little] Whoever this nobody is, he better stay out of our way in the match.

astrobstrd on
    Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    From Manik
    To John Bowski, Mike Johnson, & James McNeil
    The scene opens as we see Lane Richmond, microphone in hand, standing by backstage...

Lane : "Well, ladies and gentlemen, it looks like the upcoming Pay-per-view is going to be, as "they" say... "Off the hook"... as the PAW superstars are gearing in to...

Lane gets abruptly cut in mid-sentence as Manik paces into the picture, grabing the microphone off Lane's hands, shoving him away in the process. He turns to the camera, obviously pissed off...

Manik - HAMMER! Yeah, you, Johnson... You overgrown man-ape-thingy gone wrong! Take a good look at the calendar and start writing a countdown to the Pay-per-view on it... That's when the Lady Luck strap is coming home with me.

Manik rapidly scratches his goatee and gets his attention back to the camera...

Manik - And as far as tonight goes... It appears that PAW Management decided to team me up with Andrea Hill and The Guvna... I know what you're all thinking... "Carreer Suicide" but still... The Pack t-shirts are still selling like cupcakes so I don't worry to much about it... after all, it's only to face Roadster, Hammer and Bowski... The Elite against the Three Stooges... And tonight, runts, I'll prove the whole world... that the joke... is on you...

Manik slams the microphone on Lane's chest, driving all the air out of him, and walks off...

Manik on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    packsig.jpg
    Wins 1 Losses 2
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    The Reaper
    To Draven
    Setting the record straight
    After the end of a match the screen cuts to the inside of a plain and empty locker room. Sitting on a steel chair facing the camera with mic in hand is The Reaper. It seems to be once again not bothering with dramatics. He is silent as the viewer hears the crowd chanting "REA-PER SUCKS" loudly and throughout most of the promo nearly drowning out Reaper's speech.

I want to make a few things very clear. First...the event of last week. They are irrelevant.

Boos and the audience grows louder with its chants, they don't seem to agree.

The only thing which matters to me is what occurs in tonight's match. Between myself and Draven.

Second. Some people have assumed that this being a hardcore match will be a disadvantage to me. They are foolish. I thought about it long and this match is exactly what I need. No regulations no restrictions, a chance for me to let loose. The chance for me to beat Draven to a bloody mess. Then at the PPV I'm going to put Draven into the same casket which held The Fundamentalist. Finally there will be no doubt of my worth.
    Reaper drops the mic and leaves the room as the crowd ramps up again and the screen fades to a commercial.

manaleak34 on
  • Options
    DravenDraven Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    To: Reaper

This guy is funny...
    [The scene opens up with Draven inside the PACK's lockerroom, he's smiling at the TV while he watches Reaper's promo, he then looks at the camera, lights up a cigarette and takes a few puffs at it]

Draven - Reaper, Reaper, Reaper... you think that a hardcore match is really a good idea? Come on man... I've told it to you before... and I'll tell you again... The only reason why you think you can handle yourself in a hardcore match is 'cause you're a sorry excuse of a wrestler... You simply suck in the ring... and let me tell you something else.. you suck out of it too... come on... is this the best promo you can throw at me? Dude... I've been around long enough to spot a jobber when I see one... and let me assure you... you're one....

[Draven faintly smiles as he takes another puff at the cigarette]

Draven - Reaper... this hardcore match will simply be the beginning of the end of your career... this hardcore match... was a dumb idea... you think that this is a chance for you to let loose? This is simply a chance for you to be beaten up as you never before... When I'm through with you... not even your own mother will want to get even near you... you'll be lucky enough if she recognizes you... and you know why? Simply 'cause you're up against a predator... a hunter... and a good one if I may say so... you've become a stepping stone to me the moment you crossed my path... and during this match.. you'll have nowhere to hide... nowhere to run... and no one to save your sorry a$$... you're in for a massacre...you only found a different way to get crippled... have you ever wondered what it's like to swim with just one arm? To be stuck between a wall and the edge of a sword? With it stuck to your precious neck? Picture it... and if you're able to feel it... you'll have a slight preview of what's going to happen tonight... You see... when the Full Moon rises... and I lock in the WolfShade... all you'll be able to feel will be numbness throughout your entire body... and when that happens... you'll know the end as come... and you'll pray that I'll make it quick... so until then... ENJOY! 'Cause Victims... Aren't we all??

[The scene cuts into a commercial as Draven signals the camera crew to get out of his lockerroom ]

Draven on
    'Cause Victims... Aren't we all??

packsig.jpg