As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Half-Life source: Invisible weapons

Farout FoolioFarout Foolio Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Just booted up half life for the billionth time, except this time my weapons are invisible.
Nothing has changed on my computer since the last time I played. Anyone know what could be wrong? D:

2tyFzTC.png

Farout Foolio on

• Options
    RaereRaere Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Tried reinstalling it?

Raere on
    Raere.png
  • Options
    wabbitehwabbiteh Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Try right-clicking on HL:Source in Steam. There should be an option to check the game files (might be hidden under properties). If that doesn't work, try deleting your "steamapps/half-life source" (or something like that) folder - just make sure to copy the save games beforehand. Or just rename the HL source folder to something else if you're worried about deleting it.

wabbiteh on
  • Options
    GafferoGaffero Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Maybe try verifying the game cache? Wabbiteh has it all covered. Failing that, you could always buy the original which is dirt cheap and arguably better than the half-assed Source version. Or you could wait for Black Mesa Source to come out, which is still a ways away.

Gaffero on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Sadly, none of these options worked.
    I have heard there is some sort of console command to reload the UI,
    and that has fixed similar problems. Anyone know it?

Farout Foolio on
    2tyFzTC.png

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Did you use any cheats? I seem to remember screwing up my game this way and not having weapons.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    You could try setting r_drawviewmodel to 0 and then 1 again, or just 1 if it's on 0.

LaCabra on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Sadly, I have not been using cheats, and that command did not resolve the issue. D:

It's not hard to play like this, I'm really more just curious as to what the hey ho is going on.

Farout Foolio on
    2tyFzTC.png

• Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Make sure sv_cheats is 1, that might affect your ability to use that command.
    Also do you still have your HUD

LaCabra on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I just loaded it up and my weapons were there.
    So I'm not sure what exactly fixed it, but thanks everyone. :)

Farout Foolio on
    2tyFzTC.png