Options

Go Team [Chat]ure!

• Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    Proto wrote:
    Elkamil wrote:
    The way I look at it, almost every comedy show or satire show I see uses the same talking points against George W. Bush and Dick Cheney," Surnow said. "The other side hasn't been skewered in a fair and balanced way."

:roll:

Did they see the Daily Show right after John Kerry's "botched joke?"

Doc on
  • Options
    ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Doc wrote:
    I think I might suffer from S.O.-S.A.D.

does that stand for anything? I'm too lazy to look in the archives.

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    Then Seattle is definitely the place for you. :P

We had sun this morning.

Now there is no sun.

Doc on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    Doc wrote:
    Did you take a shower with your socks on again?

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Proto wrote:
    Doc wrote:

Humorous acronym for seasonal depression.

Doc on
  • Options
    ColdredColdred Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Doc wrote:
    Proto wrote:
    Doc wrote:

If anything needs a humorous acronym it's depression.

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Proto wrote:
    Elkamil wrote:
    The way I look at it, almost every comedy show or satire show I see uses the same talking points against George W. Bush and Dick Cheney," Surnow said. "The other side hasn't been skewered in a fair and balanced way."
    It's not like it would have anything to do with their being in the position of leadership, of course.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Doc wrote:
    Save our sons and daughters?

Richy: It's okay, man, just move to the US; women will be throwing themselves at you because of your accent.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2006
    Proto wrote:
    Elkamil wrote:

Wait, is that an actual quote?

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Doc wrote:
    Proto wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    If it makes you feel any better, Doc, I hate the holidays.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    In other news, I'm always pleased to see :roll: in the reply box, because it means AdBlock is doing its job.

stilist on
  • Options
    ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Doc wrote:
    Proto wrote:
    Elkamil wrote:

That's the thing, the Daily Show goes after the Dems too, but the Republicans just give them so much more good material. Especially since Bush has been in power.

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Doc wrote:
    Proto wrote:
    Elkamil wrote:

No but political satire has only been around for about 6 years, so they probably only started paying attention recently.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Coldred wrote:
    If anything needs a humorous acronym it's depression.

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08042003

Doc on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Doc is my new favorite mod.

Hear that?!

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    Proto wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    I hadn't noticed.

stilist on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Werehippy is not suggesting that Adam Smith isnt an authority on capitalism.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    stilist wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    Proto wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    I hadn't noticed.
    I know, I never talk about it, or anything. :P

Seriously, I wish I could come up with a good excuse to just be somewhere else from just before Thanksgiving until just after Christmas. I need a job with holiday differential.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Doc wrote:
    Proto wrote:
    Elkamil wrote:

No but political satire has only been around for about 6 years, so they probably only started paying attention recently.

Indeed. I mean, has a comedian ever made a joke about, say, Clinton and the Lewinsky affair? Never! The very idea is unthinkable!

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    off to work folks, see ya later.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    Variable wrote:
    ... but conservatives aren't funny.
    The problem with conservative humor is that it's conservative first, and funny second. This is why South Park is so successful: it's funny first, and conservative second. The Daily Show is also primarily focused on the "funny," rather than the "liberal."

See also, Mallard Fillmore

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    stilist wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    Proto wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    I hadn't noticed.

Seriously, I wish I could come up with a good excuse to just be somewhere else from just before Thanksgiving until just after Christmas. I need a job with holiday differential.
    "We've just had a big rush at work, and it looks like it's going to last through Christmas. You know how things get during the holidays."

stilist on
  • Options
    bone daddybone daddy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    Elkamil wrote:

O_o

Man, I have a feeling I'm going to have liked that show better when it was called Scarborough Country or The O'Reilly Factor.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    Richy wrote:
    Turns out she has this "no sex 'till marriage" philosophy she never shared with me... which is funny since she's an atheist. Seems she's a traditional atheist.
    I think that just means that she's waiting for someone that isn't you.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    stilist wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    Proto wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    I hadn't noticed.

Why do you hate the holidays? Does your family stress you out? Do they expect too much of you or are they just insane?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:

Why do you hate the holidays? Does your family stress you out? Do they expect too much of you or are they just insane?
    Yes.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    bone daddybone daddy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    Irond Will wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Variable wrote:
    The problem with conservative humor is that it's conservative first, and funny second. This is why South Park is so successful: it's funny first, and conservative second. The Daily Show is also primarily focused on the "funny," rather than the "liberal."

...buh? I'm not even being facetious here. Last night's Intervention footage of some chick with no pants or eyebrows mathematically proving that she was Jesus's older sister while high on crystal meth made more sense to me than that cartoon.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:

Yes.
    I guess that's to be expected when you're the offspring of Captain Caveman.

captaincaveman.jpg

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    How do you iPod owners store compilation CDs with a bunch of artists without everything getting cluttered?

Doc on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2006
    bone daddy wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Variable wrote:

...buh? I'm not even being facetious here. Last night's Intervention footage of some chick with no pants or eyebrows mathematically proving that she was Jesus's older sister while high on crystal meth made more sense to me than that cartoon.

I think that all of the strips assume the viewer is intricately familiar with and subscribe to every view that the Right Wing has been issuing. In this case, it features a dinosaur (representing the "old" conventional wisdom) talking about how government workers are underpaid.

More to the point, it's never funny. Like someone (Than?) mentioned, it's all about conservtive first and funny second. You'd probably see the same kind of crap if PETA got together and issued a comic strip.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Irond Will wrote:
    bone daddy wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Variable wrote:

I think that all of the strips assume the viewer is intricately familiar with and subscribe to every view that the Right Wing has been issuing. In this case, it features a dinosaur (representing the "old" conventional wisdom) talking about how government workers are underpaid.

More to the point, it's never funny. Like someone (Than?) mentioned, it's all about conservtive first and funny second. You'd probably see the same kind of crap if PETA got together and issued a comic strip.

You're actually quoting me saying that, and you're not sure whether it was me or not?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    bone daddy wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Variable wrote:

"Federal employees are lazy and over-paid; people who think otherwise aren't in touch with reality." Probably the result of somebody at the post office being a moron.

t Doc: Just go by album, presumably? I've only used Shuffles, but that seems like the reasonable approach.

Personally, I hate compilation albums and would rather have the original album or none at all, but that's not useful for most people.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Thanatos wrote:

You're actually quoting me saying that, and you're not sure whether it was me or not?
    He probably has you filed under autoskim.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    bone daddy wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Variable wrote:

You can't expect me to actually read this shit I'm quoting, can you?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Guys, help me think up a new title; Weapons of Mast Destruction doesn't fit :(

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    stilist wrote:
    bone daddy wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Variable wrote:

"Federal employees are lazy and over-paid; people who think otherwise aren't in touch with reality." Probably the result of somebody at the post office being a moron.

t Doc: Just go by album, presumably? I've only used Shuffles, but that seems like the reasonable approach.

Personally, I hate compilation albums and would rather have the original album or none at all, but that's not useful for most people.

The issue is that if I want to browse by artist, I have to scroll past a bunch of people I don't really care about where I only have one song of theirs from some soundtrack or something.

I'll just change all the artist listings to the soundtrack name.

Doc on
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited November 2006

WHat's the topic? The hippy thing?

VishNub on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    VishNub wrote:

WHat's the topic? The hippy thing?

No, no, a forum title. Nautical themed.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Love is Blind

Dynagrip on
This discussion has been closed.