As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW: 2/4/09 - No Turning Back Now

13»

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Thanks for taking the time to review Astonishing Tales and for the compliments, very cool of you Munch!

Hey, thank you for stopping by. I bought the book solely on the strength of the art posts on your blog, as they reminded me so much of the late, great Seth Fisher. I'm sure you'll be blowing up soon enough, and look forward to your future projects.

Munch on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2009
    oh shit I saw "Nick Pitarra" and thought it was the guy that sings on youtube

disappointed++ (he's Nick Pitera)

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I really enjoyed Buffy this week. Silly as fuck, but it was entertaining.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Scott Pilgrim was a bit of a letdown since it seemed more like a prelude to the next volume than anything else. Development for supporting characters was limited (Knives sort of regressed, in fact) and ex-boyfriends were pretty lame as well.

Secret Six and Secret Warriors were both awesome, though.

Didn't anyone else read Scott Pilgrim? I thought it was great. It really is about Scott and Ramona and Kim though. Poor Young Neil. I need to read it a few more times to have coherent thoughts about it, but it is sad. It tugged at the heart strings many times. It was not a cry fest or anything, but there were emotional moments in it.

While I long for Scott Pilgrim, I really do enjoy the space between books. It allows everyone to appreciate O'Malley's very obvious growth as a cartoonist.

Was IIF 22 in last week's comix? I thought it was awesome. The reveal was crazy!

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Faynor wrote: »
    I frowned when Tony and Hill had sex, because of Pepper. :(
    Eh.
    Hill was just an adrenaline screw.

Pepper shouldn't feel too bad in that regard.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Isn't Pepper a recent widow?

I've only started reading Iron Man recently so I may be wrong on that.

Scooter on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yes. I find the idea of Tony and Pepper getting together to be hard to stomach.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    He'd do awful things to her in bed.

She's better than that.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    I found the end slightly ironic given the "no it's not a weapon" speech he gave Pepper

Me Too! on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Scooter wrote: »
    Isn't Pepper a recent widow?

I've only started reading Iron Man recently so I may be wrong on that.

Yes. It's been about a year or so Marvel-time and about two/ two and a half years IRL.

Crimsondude on