As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vista Black Screen

RockyRocky Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I have a self built PC running Vista 32 bit, and I got a problem.

The PC after booting up goes black with only the cursor visible on the when the welcome screen is to be displayed. I cannot Right click, CTRL+ALT+DEL, bring up the start menu or anything besides move my mouse around, Safe mode does not work either.

I do not have the Vista CD with me (off at college) and I was wondering if there was anything I could try to fix this.

LOTRO: Hurindar Halimhar
GW2: Hurindar
Rocky on

• Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Rocky wrote: »
    I have a self built PC running Vista 32 bit, and I got a problem.

The PC after booting up goes black with only the cursor visible on the when the welcome screen is to be displayed. I cannot Right click, CTRL+ALT+DEL, bring up the start menu or anything besides move my mouse around, Safe mode does not work either.

I do not have the Vista CD with me (off at college) and I was wondering if there was anything I could try to fix this.

My Vista's been dicking up too, of late. A recovery CD is available online

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    RockyRocky Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Thanks, downloading the disk now.

All I need now is a blank cd and friend with a computer....

Edit: No blank CD's but my friend has a recovery disk sweet.

Rocky on
    LOTRO: Hurindar Halimhar
    GW2: Hurindar