As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Octuplets & Being a single mother with 14 children.

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Look, when you're a national news story even if it's because you ended global hunger you're going to get death threats.

Because that's just what happens.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Kagera wrote: »
    Look, when you're a national news story even if it's because you ended global hunger you're going to get death threats.

Because that's just what happens.

"Fuck you there's already so much traffic on my way to work and now there's no starvation to cull the population DIAF."

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    It's kind of like the people that stalk late night talk show hosts.

As you make more people aware of.. you, the likelyhood increases that one of those people is a crazy sonuvabitch.

Of course you then have the Tom Cruise Inversion Property, where the celebrity themselves is crazy.

FyreWulff on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    DarkWarrior on
  • DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Is this for real? Is she actually trying to make herself the most hated person in America, or something?

People lose their jobs, she has fourteen kids while unemployed. People can't afford health care, she has eight kids who are supposedly being kept alive by public funds. People lose their homes, she buys a million dollar home with a pool...?

EDIT: Also, four bedrooms? If she has a bedroom and her parents have a bedroom, that's what, like 8 kids per bedroom? Or, more likely, the first six in one and eight in the other?

If she was actually serious about this, she would have needing to invest in a barracks or something. Instead, she buys a mansion with a walk-in wardrobe. I guess all my doubts as to whether she's actually batshit are gone. You'd have to be insane to think this was a realistic move.

Duffel on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Can't the government sue or something? I mean you can't apply for government assistance if you can keep yourself up right?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2009
    The bright side is she will likely lose this house when she can't keep up bill payments and land rent (Do americans have land rent?)

DarkWarrior on
    edited February 2009
    I need better sources before I believe this.

Kagera on
  • lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The bright side is she will likely lose this house when she can't keep up bill payments and land rent (Do americans have land rent?)

Many local governments (counties, etc) in the US charge property taxes that she would be responsible for. Did she not buy the house outright?

lazegamer on
    I would download a car.
    edited February 2009
    According to the source at the bottom, shes an interested buyer but hasn't bought it. She's doing an interview there according to TMZ.

In the UK, I know that even if you own a house you have to pay council tax which is based somewhat on the location/value of your home.

DarkWarrior on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    outstanding.

KalTorak on
    edited February 2009
    According to the source at the bottom, shes an interested buyer but hasn't bought it. She's doing an interview there according to TMZ.

In the UK, I know that even if you own a house you have to pay council tax which is based somewhat on the location/value of your home.

US also has property taxes. I know someone in chat mentioned how fucked up they are, but even if she bought the place outright she'd still have to pay a pretty hefty property tax. Not to mention she's dropping a mil on a house while her moms in foreclosure and this house only has 4 bedrooms. Not the brightest angelina lookalike.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2009
    Well OctoMom says the rumors are not true and I'm inclined to agree.

Even if she got $1.24 mil from the media that's before taxes I'm guessing and I've heard estimates about her medical bill being around $1.3 mil alone.

Something tells me an owner would never sell to someone with THAT kind of debt.

Kagera on
    edited February 2009
    Kagera wrote: »
    Well OctoMom says the rumors are not true and I'm inclined to agree.

Even if she got $1.24 mil from the media that's before taxes I'm guessing and I've heard estimates about her medical bill being around $1.3 mil alone.

Something tells me an owner would never sell to someone with THAT kind of debt.

Oh ye of someone with faith in real estate.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2009
    Is he being ironic?

DarkWarrior on
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So, I'm kind of curious: how long until Social services descends on this woman SWAT style and takes some (prefferably all) of these children away to be placed into foster homes?

Gaddez on
    edited February 2009
    Gaddez wrote: »
    So, I'm kind of curious: how long until Social services descends on this woman SWAT style and takes some (prefferably all) of these children away to be placed into foster homes?

They won't, honestly mothers have to screw up pretty awfully to get their children taken away in America.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DmanDman Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

I think the 8 new additions are all still in the hospital, I'm guessing social services will descend on her less than six months after the children are actually in her care (it takes time to show someone can't care for their kids and convince a judge to take them away, I fully expect some attention seeking layer to defend her right to raise the children and prolong the whole affair).

Dman on
  • ObsObs __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    These children are fucked, regardless of what we do.

Obs on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'll be back later, you may see me in the news.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Is this legit? I mean, how likely is it that The Today Show actually paid her $1.2m or that she would be approved to buy a $1.24m home?

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
    edited February 2009
    Preacher wrote: »

They won't, honestly mothers have to screw up pretty awfully to get their children taken away in America.

Honestly, I think octomom's parents are holding the whole house together and doing most of the child rearing. If they call it quits (and I think they will) there is no way octomom can raise 14 kids on her own, her own mother will rat her out to social services who will then come take the children away.

Dman on
    edited February 2009
    bowen wrote: »

Don't do it Bowen!!!

Dman on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Dman wrote: »

Don't do it Bowen!!!

Do it, Bowen.

Do it for Johnny, man.

KalTorak on
    edited February 2009
    Stay gold...

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    edited February 2009
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Dman wrote: »

Don't do it Bowen!!!

Do it, Bowen.

Do it for Johnny, man.

SWEEP THE LEG!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2009
    Update:
    OctoMom's Million Dollar Digs -- "I Wish!"
    Posted Feb 20th 2009 8:20AM by TMZ Staff

California taxpayers, calm down -- even though real estate sources told TMZ OctoMom was looking to buy a $1.24 million home, her only words about the situation yesterday were a sturdy "I wish."

She was there taping an interview with Dr. Phil -- no word on if she was compensated for the sit down or if the alleged home search was part of the set-up.

Shes obviously getting compensated, she hasnt got the luxury of doing it for free. I wish people would ignore her, let her fade into obscurity, her children be siezed and given to real families and her parents get to enjoy their retirement. She'd be out on her ass if she was my daughter trying to do this to me.

DarkWarrior on
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Have I ever mentioned how much I despise TMZ? It's literally like the Ebola Virus of the entertainment industry.

Tach on
    edited February 2009
    Update:
    OctoMom's Million Dollar Digs -- "I Wish!"
    Posted Feb 20th 2009 8:20AM by TMZ Staff

California taxpayers, calm down -- even though real estate sources told TMZ OctoMom was looking to buy a $1.24 million home, her only words about the situation yesterday were a sturdy "I wish."

She was there taping an interview with Dr. Phil -- no word on if she was compensated for the sit down or if the alleged home search was part of the set-up.
    Wonder If Doctor phil is gonna Tell her she's a dumb bitch on national television.

Gaddez on
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The old Dr. Phil would have.

Now, he'll more than likely end up giving her diapers and a van.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    edited February 2009
    He's the man-Oprah now.

bowen on
  • jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    My wife and I are thinking about kids, and I couldn't imagine ever bringing more than 2 of my own into this world. Replacing our number into the future generation is fine, but beyond that, I would want to adopt...

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
    edited February 2009
    Well I'd rather have my own kids than adopt. But the biggest factor is that too many kids and you can't possibly give them remotely near enough time they need, they may as well be an orphan. I'd be surprised if they can remember all the names of them, I forgot the names of people I work with sometimes and I only work wiht 5 people.

DarkWarrior on
  • ObsObs __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    I only want 5 kids.

Obs on
  • redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    all in one litter?

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
    edited February 2009

The official idea is that that family services will always try to keep a family together - for you to be put in foster care permanently means:

1) your mom/dad are completely pants on head incompetent

2) your mom/dad are dead

3) it would be too dangerous for the kid

Also, if she starts making too much money, in theory the man who fathered the children can sue for child support/custody.

FyreWulff on
  • ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well he can't sue for child support is he doesn't have custody.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
    edited February 2009
    Both can be determined by one court case.

FyreWulff on
    edited February 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »

The official idea is that that family services will always try to keep a family together - for you to be put in foster care permanently means:

1) your mom/dad are completely pants on head incompetent

2) your mom/dad are dead

3) it would be too dangerous for the kid

Also, if she starts making too much money, in theory the man who fathered the children can sue for child support/custody.
    And the fact that she has no gainful employment, no personal residence, no education, a signifigant debt (well, had a debt anyways before all kind of morons gave her money for showing up on there shows), and chose to aquire this litter via invitro won't qualify as 1?

Gaddez on
    edited February 2009
    Well, they'd make her get goverment help, but the first reaction isn't always "take the kids"

FyreWulff on