As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 - Mutant and Symbiote edition

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Finally unlocked second red shield of Deadpool's guns power. At first I thought it weak, but now it's piercing (i.e., it hits everything in a line) AND explodes. Explodes. That means, I hit anything short of a miniboss with it and they fall down and go flying. Even bosses are slowed down by it. It's so freaking overpowered, it's great.

I think I hit a bug, though. I unlocked Jean Grey and Thor, put them both in my party, and the party AI took a shit. No one moves except to attack about once a minute. I basically had to solo the last bit of my current level as Deadpool, which was... actually ok by me. :)

KiTA on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Let me just say that Storm's Fusion attacks with the rest of my team are fucking awesome. With Gambit or Deadpool it is easily the coolest looking Fusion I've seen so far (and highly effective) and with Iron Man?

Convoy (Pro-Reg) spoiler
    Prodigy went down in seconds.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Team of "Fuck Legendary Difficulty" is: Thor, Storm, Jean Grey, Hulk (swap with Iron Fist for heals as needed)

this is an okay FUCK LEGENDARY team

but a better one is Green Goblin, Thor, Songbird/Human Torch, Storm

Pop ups, chain lighting, glider guns, and mjolnir strikes and the enemies can barely even tough you

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I just tried out Songbird and she's so powerful it's almost unfair. Her Focus abilities are not only really strong but a lot of fun. She has a teamwork skill on Pro-reg that boosts EXP, too, and I'm wondering if those bonuses stack because Iron Man also has an EXP skill. Does anyone know for certain?

So far the only problem with my team of Songbird, Iron Man, Gambit and Deadpool is that I don't have a Guided Fusion attack. :(

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    VapidVapid Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I really wish they added more characters, and included better ones. Songbird? Green Goblin? How about Bullseye and Namor? I also don't understand the excitement over Deadpool. Breaking the 4th wall isn't funny or interesting enough for me to keep him on my team.

I was playing with Wolverine, Iron Fist, Ice man and Storm. Storm and Ice man destroy the mobs with aoes and freeze while Iron Fist heals. Then I got Thor and have proceeded to dominate everyone with his ridiculous powers. Wolverine is also pretty insane. My other 3 guys died early on in one mission so I just soloed the whole thing with Wolverine pretty much. I try to get his healing factor as high up as possible and he really never dies.

Vapid on
    POKEMON DIAMOND : 1418 4085 0727
    Mario Strikers: 266395 286788
    Like games/movies/other awesome stuff? Check ouy my blog: http://freakinawesome.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Wait a minute

Are you smack talking Green Goblin

are you doing this

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    actually since it was based on Civil War, having characters like Songbird and Green Goblin make more sense because the Thunderbolts and nanites were a much bigger part than what Namor was up to.

Also Bullseye is a good character to read, but would not really translate well to a game.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    actually since it was based on Civil War, having characters like Songbird and Green Goblin make more sense because the Thunderbolts and nanites were a much bigger part than what Namor was up to.

Also Bullseye is a good character to read, but would not really translate well to a game.

Really? I think Bullseye would be pretty easy, with a number of different ranged attacks, some doing more damage, some homing, etc. Also Namor does play a part, albeit a very brief part. I don't remember GG being in the comic Civil War. Also I just think they are unimpressive characters compared to others that could've been added.

I forgot who was in the first one, but Black Bolt, Spider Woman, Hulking, Vision, Wiccan, Nova, Falcon, Bishop and Cable would top my list of DLC people, mostly based on powers rather than personality. Well, all of them would be under Namor. Namor is awesome.

Vapid on
    Like games/movies/other awesome stuff? Check ouy my blog: http://freakinawesome.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    LibrarianThorneLibrarianThorne Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Team of "Fuck Legendary Difficulty" is: Thor, Storm, Jean Grey, Hulk (swap with Iron Fist for heals as needed)

this is an okay FUCK LEGENDARY team

but a better one is Green Goblin, Thor, Songbird/Human Torch, Storm

Pop ups, chain lighting, glider guns, and mjolnir strikes and the enemies can barely even tough you

Goblin and Songbird are too fragile, though they did see play in earlier levels. At the end game boss rush, I need huge life totals and ridiculous hitting power or, in Storm's case, free damage everywhere on screen and a sweet fusion.

LibrarianThorne on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Goblin's strength is in his glider.

He may be fragile but when flying and just firing away on the glider, if you are far enough away, nothing can really touch you.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Vapid wrote: »

Really? I think Bullseye would be pretty easy, with a number of different ranged attacks, some doing more damage, some homing, etc. Also Namor does play a part, albeit a very brief part. I don't remember GG being in the comic Civil War. Also I just think they are unimpressive characters compared to others that could've been added.

I forgot who was in the first one, but Black Bolt, Spider Woman, Hulking, Vision, Wiccan, Nova, Falcon, Bishop and Cable would top my list of DLC people, mostly based on powers rather than personality. Well, all of them would be under Namor. Namor is awesome.

Goblin was a big part of the tie-ins to Civil War.

He was given the ability to break nanite control and was hunted by Namor and Wolverine for attacking Atlantean diplomats. Also you know, he kind of lead the thunderbolts due to the fallout of it.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    ParadisoParadiso Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I really wish they added more characters, and included better ones. Songbird? Green Goblin? How about Bullseye and Namor? I also don't understand the excitement over Deadpool. Breaking the 4th wall isn't funny or interesting enough for me to keep him on my team.

Character X should have been included! They are way better than character Y!

Paradiso on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    look how can I take this game seriously if I can't play as a team of Man-Thing, Howard the Duck, Paste Pot Pete, and The Thumper

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I miss the ability to remove heroes from your team.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Just beat it. Team:
    Deadpool, Wolverine, Venom, Green Goblin

Got a special Deadpool boost for beating the game with him -- "Wade's 2nd Fav": +4 to All Attribs. Dear lord, I hope you don't get one for each hero, that would... be a lot of replay value.

My problems iwth the AI continued but I swapped out Thor and Jean Grey for more melee centric heroes and it fixed itself. I wonder if the AI tries to get a certain distance away, and since those hallways were really narrow...

Next up: Grabbing Hulk and starting a newgame+ on the next highest difficulty. Is there an unlockable one past Legendary?

KiTA on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wade's 2nd Fav relates to difficulty, not having him in your party I suspect.

I say this because there was a distinct lack of Deadpool in my party at the game end. Presumably you get Wade's Fav for beating Legendary.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hulk... Haiku.

THE WORD IS NOT READY

KiTA on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah the hulk talk therapy part was hilarious.

That end section such a pain in the ass. I didn't know it was the end of the game until jerkface showed up.

End team for my wife and I.

Jean grey, storm, ironfist, ms marvel (we were also using sue storm but I had to swap to iron fist to heal through mecha jerk offs seemingly endless attacks).

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Green Goblin's glider made the last mission insanely easy.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    SF_DhalsimSF_Dhalsim Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Right so anyone else having a problem getting the Juggey? I preordered and all that jazz and picked up the game and so on 'n' so forth and resisting the urge to break him out and just hoop up on people like a crazed Korean mystical infused maniac I decided to play the game as "normal" people. I go to redeem my code and I get the great code of "Sorry we have given away all of our codes."

I call the store and they tell me there's nothing they can do and by God I'm not going to pay for something I should've got for free.

Anyone else encounter this problem and gotten a different answer other than, "You're SoL."?

SF_Dhalsim on
    sig-1355736.jpg
    sig-1355747.jpg
    SC2: XxKhrushchev.539
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Fiaryn wrote: »

I say this because there was a distinct lack of Deadpool in my party at the game end. Presumably you get Wade's Fav for beating Legendary.

Wade's fav is one of his "Upgrade via cash" abilities -- + to all stats.

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Paradiso wrote: »

Character X should have been included! They are way better than character Y!

What I'm trying to say is that in my opinion,there are better characters that should have also been included. You can keep songbird and GG, but I would hope that with how they cut some corners on the fusions and such, they could've added in a couple more characters in the game sans DLC.

Vapid on
  • Options
    LibrarianThorneLibrarianThorne Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Fiaryn wrote: »

Wade's Fav is gotten by beating Legendary, and it's not spelled out what it does. It says play the game to find out but all I saw was a marked resistance to death (redoing the last bit of the game, my characters almost never died).

Also, it sucks that you can't New Game+ on a difficulty other than legendary. I want to take all my max level guys into Easy and be totally sweet one-shotting everything, but I don't think that's a possibility.

LibrarianThorne on
  • Options
    SaigaSaiga Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I've been playing for a few hours, just now at the part where
    Fury, etc. are presumed dead, the nanites are spreading and my team has been sent to aid Black Panther.

I was just wondering if anyone could suggest which Deadpool series are the best to read, I currently only own the trade paperback of Classic Deadpool, was looking for more.

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Saiga wrote: »
    Fury, etc. are presumed dead, the nanites are spreading and my team has been sent to aid Black Panther.

I was just wondering if anyone could suggest which Deadpool series are the best to read, I currently only own the trade paperback of Classic Deadpool, was looking for more.

You're about 2 missions from the end of the game.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    My game crashed right on the first mission when I blew up the shield generators as the B team :( Then before I could play again my housemate insisted this was the time to watch reruns of Burn Notice. As such I am now sulking because I'm worried the game might be busted, or not have saved for the entire first mission.

Can anyone tell me if it saves whenever you transit between 'maps', so after beating electro and leaving the church etc.

tbloxham on
    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009

Cable and Deadpool is a great series and ends with Deadpool vs the Marvel universe. Then after that pick up Deadpool: secret invasion then Dark Reign / Deadpool vs the Thunderbolts. This is the new series and it is AWESOME

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    tbloxham wrote: »
    My game crashed right on the first mission when I blew up the shield generators as the B team :( Then before I could play again my housemate insisted this was the time to watch reruns of Burn Notice. As such I am now sulking because I'm worried the game might be busted, or not have saved for the entire first mission.

Can anyone tell me if it saves whenever you transit between 'maps', so after beating electro and leaving the church etc.

It autosaves every map transition I believe, at the very least you'll start at when you pick up b team.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Did your game flash to a bright green screen? This happened to me earlier and I quickly hit the guide button, exited the game, went back in and everything was fine.

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Did your game flash to a bright green screen? This happened to me earlier and I quickly hit the guide button, exited the game, went back in and everything was fine.

No, the console just hung up. Had to turn it off.

tbloxham on
    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    GreenleafGreenleaf Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Thor is crazy overpowered. I was getting 3k crits with him near the end of the game.

Greenleaf on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Just beat the game, enjoyed it a lot, I guess I'll go pro-registration on my next play through, I have a save right before you have to make the choice.

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Just beat the game, enjoyed it a lot, I guess I'll go pro-registration on my next play through, I have a save right before you have to make the choice.

Don't. After the end movie, you get teleported back to the hub, and if you use the mission briefing console you can start over on Legendary with everything unlocked.

KiTA on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    SF_Dhalsim wrote: »
    Right so anyone else having a problem getting the Juggey? I preordered and all that jazz and picked up the game and so on 'n' so forth and resisting the urge to break him out and just hoop up on people like a crazed Korean mystical infused maniac I decided to play the game as "normal" people. I go to redeem my code and I get the great code of "Sorry we have given away all of our codes."

I call the store and they tell me there's nothing they can do and by God I'm not going to pay for something I should've got for free.

Anyone else encounter this problem and gotten a different answer other than, "You're SoL."?

Why did you call the store?

As long as you still have your pre-order receipt just do this:

For support with redeeming your code, please contact Activision Blizzard at www.activision.com/support or by phone at (310) 255-2050.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    KiTA wrote: »

Don't. After the end movie, you get teleported back to the hub, and if you use the mission briefing console you can start over on Legendary with everything unlocked.

Yeah definately just go legendary. The wife and I are replaying as bruisers. Hulk is fun, venom not so much, thing same, wife plays thor and all I see are lightning blasts. It is funny all the fushions for these guys tend to be a giant jumping around with the poor bastards in the middle getting raped.

I like hulks x power as even humanoid bosses can get caught and pounded.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2009

I would argue against the current Deadpool ongoing by Daniel Way right now. It has some good bits, but for the most part is mediocre. So don't go with Dark Reign/Deadpool or Deadpool vs the Thunderbolts.

however there is Deadpool: Merc with a Mouth which is another ongoing, and pretty soon a third Deadpool book all about him teaming up with other superheroes called, shockingly Deadpool Team-Up is debuting

as for older stuff: In trades, all you can get is Cable and Deadpool which ends with Deapool vs The Marvel Universe trade, as well as two Deadpool Classics.

Any Deadpool back issue from the 90's, particularly those by Joe Kelly or Gail Simone would be ideal to read.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The entire run by Kelly is just utterly fantastic and well worth a read. There's a certain something to it that just doesn't seem to be recaptured that often. Most of the time people don't really write Deadpool with any character, just zanyness which while entertaining for a bit gets old.

In the Kelly run Deadpool's insanity was not all lulz all the times. Sometimes he was just genuinely scary and not in the badass way, in the "he's fucking mental" kind of way.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    the only writers who really get Deadpool are Joe Kelly and Fabian Niecieza (well fabian created him so he should understand him)

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I know I said it before, but bloody hell Songbird is overpowered. She takes mini-bosses down in seconds with her Y power, and full bosses go down ridiculously fast as well. Her attacks are also simply fun to use. I just unlocked Jean Grey and she's fun to use, too, but some of her attacks take too long to use (she's immobile while she charges them up), they don't do nearly as much damage, and she gets torn up easily. I hope she gets better, because I'd love to have a team of her, Wolverine, Gambit, and Storm.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    if you think songbird is overpowered, wait until you see Green Goblin and Thor

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg