As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 - Mutant and Symbiote edition

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    semi end game spoilers
    Phalanx would have been a great idea to do to tie into the nanite thing.

Even better... it could have been used as a vehicle to tie Annihilation into MUA2, by having some of them show up post infection to try and help.

Which reminds me.

we need an Annihilation DLC pack

Nova
    Starlord
    Rocket Racoon
    GROOT

Of course, Surfer could be thrown in with that too. Or maybe Drax, Ronan, or Thanos.

but seriously we NEED Nova in there. and who wouldnt want GROOT?

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I would love a Midnight Sons DLC pack

Man-Thing, Morbius, Ghost Rider, Man-Wolf

it would never happen though

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    semi end game spoilers

Even better... it could have been used as a vehicle to tie Annihilation into MUA2, by having some of them show up post infection to try and help.

Which reminds me.

we need an Annihilation DLC pack

Nova
    Starlord
    Rocket Racoon
    GROOT

Of course, Surfer could be thrown in with that too. Or maybe Drax, Ronan, or Thanos.

but seriously we NEED Nova in there. and who wouldnt want GROOT?

Nah if there was an Annihilation pack it would be

Nova
    Gamora
    Drax
    Super Skrull

Your list would be good for a Annihilation: Conquest pack.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Grr, 4 different stores and no Deadpool. *sigh*

Anyway, just beat
    The Negative Zone level. I'm assuming that Venom won't be far away?

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    My dream list of DLC characters... hmmm....

Hawkeye
    The original White Tiger
    Arachne (or, as I like to call her, Spider-Woman.)
    and some others I can't remember right now, but have on the tip of my tongue.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I wouldn't mind seeing the Punisher added in, as well as some of the older Thunderbolts. It'd be nice to play Citizen V, MACH-1, and the others. Also, were the Runaways involved in the Civil War?

MiSTieOtaku on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah I'd like to see Ghost Rider added to the game (dan ketch version though god damn it!)

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    intelnaviintelnavi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Just beat it on Legendary and oh man was everythign upto the last boss ball busting hard. The two teleporter side bosses
    Colosses and Firestar
    were bastards. Specially the first one. After that Miss Marvel took over and kicked everything using energy attacks ass like a red headed stepchild. Plus she pretty much negates the majority fo the last boss which is nice.

Yeah, Legendary makes it actually difficult for squishie characters. I rolled with Jean Grey, Songbird, Wolverine, and endgame
    Nick Fury
    around say lvl 50 through the final lvl (I started Legendary in the early 20's). The last two for the regen tanks they become (while dishing decent dmg), and the first two for my gf and I to dps with. It's awesome that you keep all the characters and get abilities from both sides (if you choose the other side the next game). Even then, toward the end, if a normal soldier hit me, it was hitting for 400-500 dmg. What really got me was that bosses and elites hit me for the same amount, and Jean Grey could only take about 4 hits before she was dead (and hope she rezzes). As far as DPS, Jean Grey can clear a room with X (aoe knockback ftw) which I had up to around 600 dmg without team boosts, as well as provide crowd control with her stun. She regains life and stamina for every person she kills so basically you can spam x the entire time. Great for clearing enemies and boxes. Songbird has Y which can do very steady dps on bosses or the elites. Again, can be three shotted however. Having both of us there for crowd control and the dmg output was pretty win however.

It was good for the 2 playthroughs, and entertaining for my gf and I to play in coop, however the badassery factor didn't make an appearance. One thing that should have been kick ass was Jean Grey's ressurection. Phoenix should come wipe the screen in fire when that happens. Instead you just pop back to life...great! The ability says you get a buff, but I could never tell. And normal soldiers, elites and bosses all hitting for the same amount? Also, you can get pretty gayed with electric soldiers perma-stunning you, bosses forcing you into an electric wall where you can't move and are forced to die, etc. The only challenging part was not dying and determining a strategy for team composition, heals, and fusions.

intelnavi on
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Baron Zemo needs to be in this game. Period.

When playing through on the second time last night with a friend, we overheard the
    part where they're trying to figure out who could be responsible for the nanite issues, and they ask, "Could it be Baron Zemo?"

We both immediately replied, "Yeah, in a better game, it'll be Zemo."

Seriously, no excuse for Zemo not to be in this game. As a playable Thunderbolt, the main villain, whatever. The Nick Fury boss was stupid.

Thawmus on
    Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The end of the game does feel rushed, like they ran out of time and the last level wasn't even supposed to be the last level. It didn't feel like a last level.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think Cloak/Dagger would make a fantastic 2 character in 1. It would just be an interesting idea, something a la ice climbers in Smash Brothers.

EDIT: Oh and I'd love some Pet Avengers DLC.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    ParadisoParadiso Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    semi end game spoilers

Doesn't one of the characters make a remark about fighting them?
    I could have sworn one of Jean Grey's lines is "If we can beat the Phalanx, we can beat you." Which was really confusing because I don't remember her showing up anywhere in Conquest. Perhaps I misheard.

Paradiso on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Paradiso wrote: »
    semi end game spoilers

I could have sworn one of Jean Grey's lines is "If we can beat the Phalanx, we can beat you." Which was really confusing because I don't remember her showing up anywhere in Conquest. Perhaps I misheard.

The Phalanx weren't created in Conquest, the X-Men fought them years and years ago.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Paradiso wrote: »
    semi end game spoilers

Jean Grey and the rest of the X-Men have been fighting the Phalanx for a long time. They had a period where most of the things they did were cosmic-level

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    george-xgeorge-x New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Is there any way to replay levels to get missed crystals/runes/gamma regulators?

george-x on
    roster.gif
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    george-x wrote: »
    Is there any way to replay levels to get missed crystals/runes/gamma regulators?

Yeah, it was mentioned earlier, you can do it through the simulator.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    jack eddy wrote: »
    I think Cloak/Dagger would make a fantastic 2 character in 1. It would just be an interesting idea, something a la ice climbers in Smash Brothers.

EDIT: Oh and I'd love some Pet Avengers DLC.

I'd like to animate myself doing illegal things to Dagger.

Morvidus on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oh awesome, and you can still get the bonus pickups to unlock the characters?

george-x on
    roster.gif
  • Options
    ParadisoParadiso Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Zampanov wrote: »

The Phalanx weren't created in Conquest, the X-Men fought them years and years ago.

I'm an idiot. Warlock, the New Mutants, etc. Thanks for jogging my memory.

Paradiso on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    george-x wrote: »
    Oh awesome, and you can still get the bonus pickups to unlock the characters?

Yep.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Thanks dude

george-x on
    roster.gif
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Agents of Atlas (even though they weren't around yet, right?):

Jimmy Woo
    M-11
    Marvel Boy
    ....and I'm torn between the rest of the team.

I'd love to see a DLC mission pack featuring the Punisher Civil War tie-ins. Kill Stilt-Man, Save Spider-Man, kill some C-listers, get your ass kicked by Cap (because you don't raise a hand against the flag, son), do some missions with Cap, feel really good about yourself, kill some more C-listers, get your ass kicked by Cap again (see previous), wake up in a SHIELD bunker, punch Rhino in the face. I'd buy it twice.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Mission packs could be alot of fun. To bad Deadpools would involve Pressing X to not pee yourself while tied up with 17 rolls of duct tape. Oh and screaming "By the Curly Hairs of Zues!" as you shoot Hercules in the face witha clip fo tranq darts :p

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I also want Cable with at least one crazy esoteric "I know the future because it's my past" power.

Ooo, and a Cable and Deadpool tie-in mission pack, complete with telling off the President and peeing in the White House.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    A Nextwave Hero/mission pack woudl be a lot of fun. Even if its just State 51 and fighting through a room of Steven Hawkings shooting lazers out of their eyes. Mission packs would be a great idea and could help setup the next sequel shoudl they decide to do another one. Hope for secret invasion + Dark Reign being the next game.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    143999 wrote: »
    I'd love to see a DLC mission pack featuring the Punisher Civil War tie-ins. Kill Stilt-Man, Save Spider-Man, kill some C-listers, get your ass kicked by Cap (because you don't raise a hand against the flag, son), do some missions with Cap, feel really good about yourself, kill some more C-listers, get your ass kicked by Cap again (see previous), wake up in a SHIELD bunker, punch Rhino in the face. I'd buy it twice.

Punisher was so the best part of civil war.

Though I find myself torn about this. I want to buy it but I know there will be a super edition later with all the dlc and stuff that will come out.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Yeah but thats going to be months, maybe even a year from now. And there is so much awesome to enjoy right now. Buying this game insures Deadpool can afford Chimichungas. And Deadpool Needs Food Badly!

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    A Nextwave Hero/mission pack woudl be a lot of fun. Even if its just State 51 and fighting through a room of Steven Hawkings shooting lazers out of their eyes. Mission packs would be a great idea and could help setup the next sequel shoudl they decide to do another one. Hope for secret invasion + Dark Reign being the next game.
    Nextwave deserves a full game. And another series. A movie.

Also, my personal hope for DLC is the Immortal Weapons. Also, something where you fight Hydra goons, and cut through them like paper.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Nextwave deserves a full game. And another series. A movie.

Also, my personal hope for DLC is the Immortal Weapons. Also, something where you fight Hydra goons, and cut through them like paper.

If the final boss of the Immortal Weapons pack isn't a train you destroy in one Punch then fail! other wise its pure win.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Beat the game myself earlier today. Though I am disappointed to find that there appears to be no way to just start a new file with all characters unlocked like the original MUA had, as that would have been convenient for when I play through with my friends. And the all characters cheat prevents one from saving... even though it's hardly gamebreaking. Just seems like a stupid feature to be lacking after it was present in the first game.

End Game Spoilers (Sort of).
    Pariticularly since you don't unlock Venom and Green Goblin until right before the last mission.

Iblis on
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Iblis wrote: »
    Beat the game myself earlier today. Though I am disappointed to find that there appears to be no way to just start a new file with all characters unlocked like the original MUA had, as that would have been convenient for when I play through with my friends. And the all characters cheat prevents one from saving... even though it's hardly gamebreaking. Just seems like a stupid feature to be lacking after it was present in the first game.

Pariticularly since you don't unlock Venom and Green Goblin until right before the last mission.

After you beat the game goto the next mission terminal and it will let you start a new game on legendary. Otherwise use the simulator to go back to previous chapters and you can use who ever you want.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Iblis wrote: »

After you beat the game goto the next mission terminal and it will let you start a new game on legendary. Otherwise use the simulator to go back to previous chapters and you can use who ever you want.

Knew about the legendary part. The main complaint was just not being able to start a fresh file with level one characters and having everyone unlocked. I realize it's probably not a huge deal to most, just annoying after the feature was present in the original MUA.

Iblis on
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    143999 wrote: »

I think we all know why they're holding off on Punisher DLC.
    So they can add in Franken-Castle.

88punisher12z.jpg

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So I went Pro-Reg so I could play as Iron Man, and now I'm at this part where
    I'm at Fury's Base, in between Pro and Anti, and I can't use Iron Man anymore and this is bullshit, especially since I JUST got to the level where I can get the 2nd set of red pips, and I wanted to see what Iron Man's new powerups would be BUT NO I CAN'T

When can I use him again? Please be soon.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So I went Pro-Reg so I could play as Iron Man, and now I'm at this part where
    I'm at Fury's Base, in between Pro and Anti, and I can't use Iron Man anymore and this is bullshit, especially since I JUST got to the level where I can get the 2nd set of red pips, and I wanted to see what Iron Man's new powerups would be BUT NO I CAN'T

When can I use him again? Please be soon.

Don't be too excited. On the grand scale of good and bad characters, Iron Man's definitely towards the bottom. He has two okay attacks and two really terrible attacks.

Also, his alternate costume is fucking lame.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Look, I've played him for the whole game until now, so I know what he's like and I don't care what tier he is. I know what his 4 powers are already, and I have fun with him. And once I get the next red pips for them, it's not like they can get worse.

Also, everyone's alt costume is pretty bad.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Yeah what is with that...for the most part alternate costumes suck. They went with to many new fangled costumes and not enough throw backs.

I want my symbiote spidey!

Dixon on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    There is not a single bad character in the game

and you can use him again
    once you get out of the prison

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    There is not a single bad character in the game
    Try playing through some of the later parts of legendary, when the mobs that knock back can literally kill you before you hit the ground.

Using someone like Iron Man, Iron Fist, or Thing compared to Storm, Jean Grey, or Invisible Woman is a night-and-day difference.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    1600Points1600Points Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I feel like i'm doing something wrong, my girlfriend and our roommate and have been playing as Storm, Iceman and Spiderman and it seems like everything now is just hitting for 1's.

I'm about 60% through the game, any ideas? We're basically beating every boss with Iceman - Spider-man fusion.

1600Points on
    Steam ID - 1600Points
    Xbox Live - Doctor Xedd
    Gametap - RIbar77