As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Where's the Spawn love?

2»

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I think Todd McFarlane is moreso an extremely apt business man and not so much a cock hole.
    Having said that I think Spawn is a terrible comic book.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I've read/collected pretty much every Spawn issue, moreso out of habit and a desire to see the story through to the end than anything else. I enjoy reading it, but I can see where other people are coming from as well. One of the big problems I've found is that nothing ever really changes. Spawn always winds up back in the alleys moaning about how wretched his existence is, while Heaven and Hell go on all around him.

The latest books are a bit of fresh air, as things are really starting to take a different turn. It's almost like reading an entirely different series. My big fear is that once the Armageddon arc is over, things will go back to exactly how they were once again - and nothing will have really changed.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Okay, so I bought Spawn this week, because I like throwing away money:

[spoiler:c205412a6c] Spawn's an angel now. But he has unlimited power. And his grandma's been resurrected and turned into a badass anti-Satan warrior. And Satan? A little girl with a bad mouth. And the world has been wiped out, so Spawn's pretty much the only thing still alive. I have no idea what to make of this. The art was actually pretty good, though. [/spoiler:c205412a6c]

Hensler on
  • Options
    The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Furu wrote:
    I..own a lot of Spawn.

Used to enjoy it too.

I think the Malbolgia's death and Spawn taking his place would have been the ideal ending.

Is Malbolgia that old man who managed to escape from being a hellspawn? Cause that WOULD have been a superb ending.

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Furu wrote:
    I..own a lot of Spawn.

Used to enjoy it too.

I think the Malbolgia's death and Spawn taking his place would have been the ideal ending.
    Is Malbolgia that old man who managed to escape from being a hellspawn? Cause that WOULD have been a superb ending.
    No, Malbolgia was the main bad guy. The monster who gave Al all of his Spawn power. Spawn decapitated him in issue 100, and not soon afterwards I think the old guy backstabbed Spawn so he could rule in Malbolgia's place.

SpeedySwaf on
  • Options
    Sugar MagnoliaSugar Magnolia Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Didn't Violator have like eight brothers or something? I remember him and the vindicator. Did Spawn end up killing all of them or what.. what happened there?

Sugar Magnolia on
    shoop.JPG
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Didn't Violator have like eight brothers or something? I remember him and the vindicator. Did Spawn end up killing all of them or what.. what happened there?

4 brothers. Shit, lemme think...

Vindicator. Vaporiser. Vandalizer. Vacillator.

Yeah, that's them. God, their mini-series was hilarious. Back when Violator was funny instead of psychotically frightening and evil.

They're all still around. Haven't shown up with any speaking roles recently, but you can sometimes see them lurking around Hell in the odd panel.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    That recent Spawn : Godslayer thing was pretty cool. Never really got into the other Spawn comics.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious