As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Warriors: But if I use my mouse to turn, how do I click on Rend?

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    As soon as people start GETTING pug heroics with tanks with 30k hp, thats what they'll start expecting.
    In addition, these demanding PUGs are always guaranteed to have someone (besides the healer, obviously) doing under 1,200 DPS.

forty on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Arms should get the ability to take two two-handed weapons and duct tape them togethers to make the king of all two-handed weapons. Thus even bigger hits+duct tape.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Arms should get the ability to take two two-handed weapons and duct tape them togethers to make the king of all two-handed weapons. Thus even bigger hits+duct tape.

this is the best thing

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So my main is now at a spot where I never thought she would be. I have the best gear for both DPS and Tanking that I can get without raiding (and we're a 10man guild, so even that is going to cap off pretty fast). I want to level an alt the 5 days of the week I'm not raiding, and I'm asking all you dudes: what class do you think is most similar to a fury warrior when it comes to dps? because ideally, I want to roll an alt that I can use strictly for dpsing, and then tank on my warrior, that way I won't have to pay for respec costs, and I'll always be able to go on runs on at least one character.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I have a warlock for my dpsing needs. But I do love my warrior to dps with and I miss having the chance to do it at the moment.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Closest to a fury warrior?

A rogue or enhance shaman. Enhance shaman is probably closer, though. I watch my friend play his and he's just like 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 on his keyboard for whole fights. It's kinda nuts.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Retadin would be relatively close too.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

A rogue or enhance shaman. Enhance shaman is probably closer, though. I watch my friend play his and he's just like 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 on his keyboard for whole fights. It's kinda nuts.

This. I switched my main from warrior to the shaman. I can DPS and respec for healing and they're both fun.

Rotation is stormstrike, earth shock, lava lash, Lightning Bolt instacast whenever it's fully proc'd

so it's more like 1-2-3-1-4-2-3-1-2-3-1-4-2-3

But this is not a shaman thread and I will stop now.

How 'bout them Sudden Death procs?

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

I'd just like to say those numbers show on my iPhone as a link. Thinking it was a photo I clicked it, it rang and it was a recording of a woman going "ping ping ping".

Norgoth on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Enhance shaman? Yes. Ret paladin? Yes. Rogue? Definitely not.

Rogues are all about watching combo points and timers and keeping up Slice and Dice (and Hunger for Blood if assassination spec) and shooting for 100% rupture uptime without clipping.

Fury warriors are all about MASH BUTTAN as things come off cooldown and watching for a proc, which is pretty much what enhancement shamans and ret paladins are about (although ret paladins don't have to watch for procs and are only about MASH BUTTAN).

forty on
  • Options
    rfaliasrfalias Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    How OP would it be to take slam off of the GCD?

rfalias on
  • Options
    IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    forty wrote: »

Rogues are all about watching combo points and timers and keeping up Slice and Dice (and Hunger for Blood if assassination spec) and shooting for 100% rupture uptime without clipping.

Fury warriors are all about MASH BUTTAN as things come off cooldown and watching for a proc, which is pretty much what enhancement shamans and ret paladins are about (although ret paladins don't have to watch for procs and are only about MASH BUTTAN).
    You are very wrong, but okay.

t rfalias: Very. Considering Fury DPS is already pretty great, making the rotation even more easily managed is probably too much.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Iroh wrote: »

You are very wrong, but okay.

t rfalias: Very. Considering Fury DPS is already pretty great, making the rotation even more easily managed is probably too much.
    Okay. Insightful post.

forty on
  • Options
    IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I just don't want to get into an argument about how hard it is to be a rogue.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    SO HARD.

desc on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    It's not so much that it's more or less difficult, it's just a different playstyle.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    playing a rogue isn't hard. No spec is hard to play, affliction locks are the only class that has to play finger DDR (well, with my key bindings...).

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Norgoth wrote: »

I'd just like to say those numbers show on my iPhone as a link. Thinking it was a photo I clicked it, it rang and it was a recording of a woman going "ping ping ping".

What are the odds?

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    It's not so much that it's more or less difficult, it's just a different playstyle.
    Yeah, which is what I explained in my post. A fury warrior plays closer to an enhancement shaman or retribution paladin than to a rogue. I don't recall mentioning difficulty at any point.

forty on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, which is what I explained in my post. A fury warrior plays closer to an enhancement shaman or retribution paladin than to a rogue. I don't recall mentioning difficulty at any point.

I think your whole fury = MASH BUTTAN thing and using rogues as a counterexample implied that rogues took more skill to play. At least, I can see people interpreting it that way.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So I've gotten a gnome fury warrior to 80, and am now looking for advice on how to make him super good

I look at these suggested fury specs and they manage to get 18 points into arms while I have 8 in it. The idea of dropping enrage confuses and scares me, and people keep telling me about hit caps.

Could anyone help and advise?

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Well, being a gnome is the first step towards greatness.

18 points in fury is for 2h spec and deep wounds. Enrage isn't great for instance DPS because it requires you to get hit. You need ~164 hit rating to not miss a special with 3/3 precision, more hit after that is nice but you're better off stacking AP/crit.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Drop enrage. If you're playing a fury warrior doing fury things, then you're not the guy getting hit by a big mean monster.

If you have 5% hit and 3/3 precision, you're at the special hit cap. You don't need to worry about it at all from that point. At shitty gear levels, you probably should have more. But if you've got a minimum of 5% on your gear, there's nothing to really worry about.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »
    So I've gotten a gnome fury warrior to 80, and am now looking for advice on how to make him super good

I look at these suggested fury specs and they manage to get 18 points into arms while I have 8 in it. The idea of dropping enrage confuses and scares me, and people keep telling me about hit caps.

I haven't played my Warrior since vanilla BUT!

You need enough hit to not miss with specials (6%?)
    You need enough hit to not miss with white attacks (Depends on level of mob, other stuff)
    Enrage sucks for group PVE because you need to be hit for it to work, 6% damage buff all the time(From 2h Weapon Spec) or 10% bonus MAYBE when you get hit with an attack.

Againt don't listen to anything I say.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

You need enough hit to not miss with specials (8%)
    You need enough hit to not miss with white attacks (Depends on level of mob, other stuff) No bad bad.
    Enrage sucks for group PVE because you need to be hit for it to work, 6% damage buff all the time(From 2h Weapon Spec) or 10% bonus MAYBE when you get hit with an attack.

>.>... it was reflex.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Super good for what? The builds listed in the OP are for party/raid PvE so if you want to do that then you should follow them as Enrage is terrible for that. The hit cap is 5% for specials and 24% for dw normal hits against even level and 8% for specials and 27%* for dw against a +3 or ??.

*I think, regardless it doesn't matter since you don't want to try and cap it anyway.

edit: Why the fuck would you attempt to give advice when you don't even play the class and apparently have no clue what your talking about?

khain on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Arthil wrote: »

You need enough hit to not miss with white attacks (Depends on level of mob, other stuff) No bad bad.

>.>... it was reflex.

:V. #1 Fury Warrior in the hood G.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I think your whole fury = MASH BUTTAN thing and using rogues as a counterexample implied that rogues took more skill to play. At least, I can see people interpreting it that way.
    Well, maybe simple people who make posts like "You are very wrong, but okay." I wouldn't have even brought up rogues except that JustinSane07, whose post I quoted, likened fury warriors to rogues, which I considered to be a bad comparison.
    Arthil wrote: »

>.>... it was reflex.
    Well, if you don't raid, you only need 6% hit, so in one sense he was right!

forty on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I didn't know that game mechanics had changed that much..

I'M SORRY :(. Smartest Gnome with 29 int. Derp.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    First, I mourn that you are a gnome and do not know the greatness that is an orc.

Pretty much what everyone here said. Get hit to 5% asap. More hit is nice, but don't stack it. After that, lots and lots of ap/crit. Also get your ebon blade rep up asap. The 2-h sword from them is pretty damn nice, they have your head enchant and the plate dps boots they have are also pretty damn sexy. Other than that what everyone else says.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Got some new upgrades tonight.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald%20Dream&n=Tatama

Puts me at 8/18 pieces for a best in slot set, but more and more of my non-BiS pieces are now the second-best equivalent pieces. #2 neck, #3 cloak, #2 bracers, #low gloves, #3 belt, #2 leggings, #low boots, and #2 ranged weapon.

Aiming for this as a best-in-slot setup, as an orc blacksmith non-jewelcrafter:
    http://www.chardev.org/?template=133541

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    So wait, I'm confused about the Fury hit cap.

Not taking any talents into consideration, it's 8% against Bosses (meaning ?? level mobs) for specials and 24% for whites?

24% is insane. Fuck that noise.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Isn't it 27%? Anyway nothing has really changed in that regard as dwing weapons has always had a miss rate in the mid 20s.

khain on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    It would be 28% for white hits (DW penalty is 20% miss, 8% special/2h cap + 20% = 28%). Don't worry about it.

You cap your specials, get enough expertise to pull dodges off the table, and you're pretty much good to go. Hit beyond there represents a moderate increase in rage generation (mostly by reducing the % chance of missing all your white swings in a given 5s window) and an increase in DPS that is strictly less than what you'd gain out of equivalent itemization points invested towards a mix of crit, strength, and haste.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    I was talking with a co worker today and he raid main tanks keyboard turning and mouse clicking for everything else.

I haven't joined this raid yet, but now I fear to do so.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Holy shit when did revenge get so godly.
    Holy shit I can kill same level mobs in under 12 seconds with average gear.
    Holy shit titans grip makes me come everytime I hit Whirlwind.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I have a question about Sweeping Strikes.

Can the damage it deals to the secondary target crit independently of the main hit?

What I mean is, sweeping strikes behaves like this:
    Hit for 250 on main target -> SS hits second target for 250
    Crit for 500 on main target -> SS hits (not crits) second target for 500

Can it do this?

Hit for 250 on main target -> SS crits second target for 500
    Crit for 500 on main target -> SS crits second target for 1000

If it can't, then that means it's not truly hitting the second target for the same damage since it can't proc deep wounds; but if it can, then it means that it can potentially hit the second target for quadruple melee damage...

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    It cannot crit.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Bah.

Also, it occurs to me that Blizzard is really going to have to make the 50-60 point talents in fury awesome, because unless those talents are made of pure win, every single DPS warrior is going to spec for both Titan's Grip and Sword Specialization.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    no they won't, because sword spec is ass

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
This discussion has been closed.