As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Madworld! NSF56k! NSF momma's boys!

• Options
    mystic_knightmystic_knight Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Has anyone beaten the Rank 18 fight? I can't beat this bitch.

mystic_knight on
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    this game is the fuckin bees knees. I'm only 3 bosses in. Does the number of finishers go up with every level?

Guek on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Nevermind me, I figured it out.

mystic_knight on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Oh shit, the end of this fight was an awesome homage to God Hand.

mystic_knight on
  • Options
    NinjabearNinjabear Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Are they selling a soundtrack of this game anywhere? I've been checking out some of the videos on Youtube and I really like the music in this game.

Ninjabear on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me!!! Friend Code: 2981-7429-8364
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This game sucks and is for waggle babies. Give me true HD and REAL CONTROLS, Sega.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Heh, I really liked the Viewtiful Joe reference in Okami. After going to the tailor in the games major city and making the V design appear everywhere the little girl that was key to the puzzle says something along the lines of "How do you like my design? Isn't it Viewtiful?" She also finishes the conversation with "Henshin' a go go baby!"

I should really give Godhand a shot sometime. Viewtiful Joe was easily one of my favorite GameCube games and though I never played Okami on the PS2 I bought the Wii version awhile ago and really got sucked into it. I must have about 120 hours logged into that game, which puts it about on par with Twilight Princess for me. It certainly doesn't help that I'm a completionist/item collecting obsessed perfectionist and that the game has a ton of items.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    anyone else catch the
    "you think this is living?"
    line?

what are the chances its a dig at sony? :P

Guek on
  • Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wow who couldve seen this coming?

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/watchdog-group-nintendo-no-longer-quot-family-friendly-quot-/1295531

Yes. Im being funny.

Reading that made me want to punch and/or kill someone.

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ninjabear wrote: »
    Are they selling a soundtrack of this game anywhere? I've been checking out some of the videos on Youtube and I really like the music in this game.

I would think so. Doing a Google Image Search for MadWorld earlier I saw this come up rather often:

3290263980950911b74d.jpg

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Rehab wrote: »
    Heh, I really liked the Viewtiful Joe reference in Okami. After going to the tailor in the games major city and making the V design appear everywhere the little girl that was key to the puzzle says something along the lines of "How do you like my design? Isn't it Viewtiful?" She also finishes the conversation with "Henshin' a go go baby!"

I should really give Godhand a shot sometime. Viewtiful Joe was easily one of my favorite GameCube games and though I never played Okami on the PS2 I bought the Wii version awhile ago and really got sucked into it. I must have about 120 hours logged into that game, which puts it about on par with Twilight Princess for me. It certainly doesn't help that I'm a completionist/item collecting obsessed perfectionist and that the game has a ton of items.

Also in Okami, the name of the firework that you help that one guy make was called the Mid-night Thunder Boy or something similar, which is a reference to Alastor from VJ.

Just finished the Rank 5 match. The story really is interesting, and it and the gameplay have only gotten better as the game progresses. The Rank 11 match was fucking awesome.
    Motorcycle chainsaw jousting? Yes plz

mystic_knight on
  • Options
    WoodroezWoodroez Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Guek wrote: »
    this game is the fuckin bees knees. I'm only 3 bosses in. Does the number of finishers go up with every level?

From what I've seen so far, no new bare-handed finishers, but every stage generally gives you a new weapon, which has it's own unique set of finishers.

Woodroez on
    858213-butcher-2.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ninjabear wrote: »

I would think so. Doing a Google Image Search for MadWorld earlier I saw this come up rather often:

3290263980950911b74d.jpg

I think the soundtrack was a pre-order bonus.

My wife checked around for this game yesterday and no one had it. I am going to go check at the local K-mart in about an hour. They probably won't have it, because they are Kmart and their selection for almost everything is terrible. Maybe Blockbuster will have it available to buy.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Mr ObersmithMr Obersmith Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm amazed at the number of references to movies, games, and other media. It's a shame I can't remember any of them right now.

Mr Obersmith on
    Battle.net - Obersmith#1709
    Live - MrObersmith
    PSN - Obersmith
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    mastrius wrote: »

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/watchdog-group-nintendo-no-longer-quot-family-friendly-quot-/1295531

Yes. Im being funny.

They hope Nintendo don't forget their initial audience?
    Isn't that the gamers in the 20s/30s?

Djiem on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I've actually seen a fair amount of commercials for this on Comedy Central and SciFi ... I'm duly impressed. I'll eventually get this, but I just need to save up some money or wait for a good deal.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    DeaconKnowledgeDeaconKnowledge Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wow. This game is really satisfying.

I only played the first level, and my only regret was that I couldn't find a way to get enemies up on a train so I could kill them with the spinning sawblade I found. I love how the game rewards you for being innovative.

DeaconKnowledge on
    My NEW Wii code - 5227 1968 3982 4139. My Wii needs your Miis! Please give generously!
    Animal Crossing - 3566 5318 4585/2492 7891 0383 Deacon/Akisha in Crayon
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Yes. Im being funny.

I guess videogames do make people violent.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Yes. Im being funny.

I guess videogames do make people violent.

Violent videogames don't make people violent.
    News articles about violent videogames make people violent.

Therefore I propose we ban mainstream reporting of violent videogames.

Djiem on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Djiem wrote: »

Yes. Im being funny.

They hope Nintendo don't forget their initial audience?
    Isn't that the gamers in the 20s/30s?

Well, lots of commercials and other media indicate that the Wii is aimed at families.

Anyway, I think my wife has our Visa giftcard, so I guess I will get this game this weekend some time. I probably won't get to play it until Monday or Tuesday though. :( I am glad to hear people are having fun!

I may look for Godhand too.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Fucking awesome this game is getting some mainstream publicity. How many people previously unaware of MadWorld are gonna see this and think: "Dismember people in creative ways? Gotta get it!" Thank you watchdogs.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    edited March 2009
    I have to say, pretty much anything that is done via waggle in Madworld could be done with button presses and joystick spins, but this is so much more satisfying.

Swinging the Wiimote 3 to 4 times to really impale a guy in a Rose Bush. NGH
    Wham, swing that remote and throw that guy in! Oomph!
    It's just so fun.

Djiem on
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Also in Okami, the name of the firework that you help that one guy make was called the Mid-night Thunder Boy or something similar, which is a reference to Alastor from VJ.

Plus, the dojo master does Joe's transformation motions when you decide to train.

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, every walmart in a 35 mile radius has this game but the one conveniently located 2 miles down the fucking road.

JJ on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Beat it about an hour ago. Gonna go through hard mode. When you beat the game, you unlock
    Katanas and Double Chainsaws

mystic_knight on
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Definitely having a lot of fun with this so far, and am actually surprised at how good the story is. I don't think I've ever cared about what's going to happen next in a brawler before. My only real gripe is that I REALLY would have liked a backwards toss of some sort, but otherwise I'm very satisfied with everything in the game. They set a solid foundation to build upon should a sequel get the green light.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Fucking awesome this game is getting some mainstream publicity. How many people previously unaware of MadWorld are gonna see this and think: "Dismember people in creative ways? Gotta get it!" Thank you watchdogs.

I got this image of a PR guy in a suit rolling a television with a Wii next to it up to a mob of angry conservatives and plugging it all in before finally speaking:

"Here's our new game, Madworld. We'll be releasing this tomorrow, at stores all over the USA."

He then proceeds to show the mob how a player is able to shove a road sign through someone's face, man darts, the dumpster death, then finishing off with a scene where the main character revs his chainsaw. He then shuts down the console and unplugs everything before thanking the crowd and walking away.

It's a beautiful image.

Nerdtendo on
    IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

Yes. Im being funny.

I guess the Bible is no longer family friendly
    What with all that murder and incest and shit in it
    Edit: This was the first game I picked up, along with my Wii today
    This is the only Wii game I have right now
    Did I do it right guys

Rent on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Rent wrote: »

Yes. Im being funny.

Did I do it right guys

You're missing some staples, but it'll do for right now. It'll do.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Athenor wrote: »

Yes. Im being funny.

Did I do it right guys

I spent 600 dollars today, I didn't want to spend more
    Up next for me is NMH, SMG, and Twilight Princess

Rent on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Yes. Im being funny.

Travis Touchdown declined to comment. Something about "putting family first on his list."

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Haha, nice. Although maybe you should play Twilight Princess next, to put something not as crazy over the top violent right after MadWorld. So that it'll be MadWorld, TP, NMH, then finish it off with a happy game, Mario Galaxy. Eh?

slash000 on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Athenor wrote: »

Yes. Im being funny.

Did I do it right guys

That'll cover most of the good single-player games on the console.
    Also consider Zack and Wiki, Metroid Prime 3 or HOTD : Overkill.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    slash000 wrote: »

Haha, nice. Although maybe you should play Twilight Princess next, to put something not as crazy over the top violent right after MadWorld. So that it'll be MadWorld, TP, NMH, then finish it off with a happy game, Mario Galaxy. Eh?

He should play Mario Galaxy last to have the best soundtrack ever as his reward for beating the other games, and this is coming from someone who owns the NMH soundtrack. Nobody can listen to Gusty Garden Galaxy and not think that the soundtrack is amazing.

Gilder on
  • Options
    RedlanceRedlance Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wow. This game is really satisfying.

I only played the first level, and my only regret was that I couldn't find a way to get enemies up on a train so I could kill them with the spinning sawblade I found. I love how the game rewards you for being innovative.
    If you go to where you start the boss battle, you can see the tracks below and can toss people onto the train while it's moving. Their is also a stack of tires conveniently placed their as well.

Redlance on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wow. Fucking 2nd "world" as it were, the first area. I collected all the baubles, but it wasn't good enough.. and seriously, fuck the last boss of the area. I keep jumping when I want to dodge. >.<

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Holy shit guys
    I just played the first stage and...holy shit
    I was breathing super-heavy at the end, blood-red haze in my periphs
    I was 200x more manly that I've ever been in my life
    Now to bench 10,000 pounds and power-fuck Christie Brinkley on a Total Gym

Rent on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    God Hand has tired my arms more than any Wii game.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Yes. Im being funny.

Oh thank God, now the Wii and I have something else in common besides a 6 inch wand that you have to waggle.

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    well now that i've beaten it on normal I have to say my only real complaint is that it is way too easy. It almost seems like normal should be very easy and there should be an easy and a normal in between it and the hard mode (which is actually hard) I know on normal it seems to be more about killing people and having fun than an actual challenge but there was one point about halfway through where I thought I paused the game and went to get a drink, i came back a few minutes later to find I hadn't paused it, but no worries, the guys surrounding me only took off about 25% of my health while I was gone :| That's just a bit too far on the easy side for my taste.

I would also occasionally get turned around and have no idea where i was or what anything else was due to the black and white until i reoriented myself with the map, but i'm assuming thats just an oddity with my brain/eyes since i haven't seen anyone else complain about it

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin