As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A question about the common cold.

starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So I've had a cold now for about six days. I don't feel horrible at the moment, but I still have a super stuffed up nose and a bad cought.

Inconveniently, my gramps has been in the hospital for six days. He had a slight case of pneumonia and something else related to his heart, and a bladder infection. He will live.

I'm really close to him and i want to go visit him, but I have no idea if I am still contagious and would not want to complicate his mild pneumonia with a cold. Should I just suck up the guilt and wait until all my symptoms go away to visit him? Would I be ok to visit him today? WebMD and Mayo seem to lack any information on length of risk.

camo_sig2.png
starmanbrand on

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    With three concurrent medical conditions in a hospital setting, it would be wise to avoid physical contact. Can you call him on the phone? I think any reasonable person would understand if you're sick and don't want to make a hospital situation worse.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Iceman.USAFIceman.USAF Major East CoastRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    You could also tell the nursing staff. They might be able to hook you up with a mask and scrub your hands down so you can at least say hello and such.

Iceman.USAF on
  • Options
    vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    You could also tell the nursing staff. They might be able to hook you up with a mask and scrub your hands down so you can at least say hello and such.
    And if it is a really bad idea for you to visit him in your condition, they'll let you know.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer