As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Friendships and Relationships

noobertnoobert Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
Fuck, I had something nice a long typed out here, but it was lost due to what i think was a surge.

Pretty much: Friends boyfriend goes totally insane calling her and I when we go out alone together. We have always done this and don't plan on changing because he can't hack it. He gets abusive and makes empty threats. He is always very apologetic about it next time i see him in the flesh.

Shes spoken to him and nothing has come of it, I've spoken to him and nothing has come of it. How the fuck do we get this guy to calm down?

He is not drunk or high while going insane.

noobert on

• Options
    SamSam Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Some people just can't handle their partner being with someone else of the opposite sex.
    sounds like it's your friend's choice- she can either date him and accept the territory that comes with it (not being able to hang out with guys without him around) or break up with him.

Unless he's ok with her hanging out with other guys who aren't you and it's just about you for him, in which case I would not hang out with your friend if she wants to date him.

Sam on
  • Options
    EdilithEdilith Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Have the three of you spent time in person together just hanging out? That might help if you haven't yet. Is the boyfriend like that with just you or other boys who hang out with his girl? And knowing roughly how old you folks are might help a bit.

Edilith on
  • Options
    noobertnoobert Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Edilith wrote: »
    Have the three of you spent time in person together just hanging out? That might help if you haven't yet.

Just the 3 of us is a bit awkward, he has a hard time keeping his hands off her. In a bigger group it's fine... but I think thats because he can keep an eye on her.
    Edilith wrote: »
    Is the boyfriend like that with just you or other boys who hang out with his girl? And knowing roughly how old you folks are might help a bit.

She doesn't really spend much time alone with other guys AFAIK. We are 22, he is 26.

noobert on
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    To be honest if he's that weird and awkward about something as normal as this at some point your friend will wise up and dump him, just keep doing what your doing and bide your time.

Casual on
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Some people are just like that. There's probably nothing you can tell him that will get him over it. In fact, he might not intentionally be doing it to be an ass. He may just have trust issues and all that, at which there's even less YOU can do. If she wants to put up with it, she's going to. It may just be something you have to deal with in order to maintain this friendship, but don't expect it to change overnight, if at all.

It's really just a situation between her and him, and you really shouldn't try to get THAT involved with it.

Kyanilis on