PAX 2009 Buttoneers: Too late now, hope you got yours!

2456752

Posts

  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I don't suppose anybody is interested in helping me make a button using my avatar to the left?

    pls PM me if you're interested!

    thankies!

    <3

    SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • redhaloredhalo Registered User
    edited February 2009
    parabola wrote: »
    redhalo wrote: »
    What's the general opinion on wearing duplicates from last year? I figure wearing the previous years' forum button would be pretty cool. Like how ElectricTurtle has all of his previous PAX badges. There were some really cool designs last year that I'd love to wear again, but I don't know if it would confuse the new kids on where to get them or over inflate how many I'd get this year (as if it will need over inflation, ha!)

    Another discussion point, what is everyone using to attach buttons to this year? I saw many a sachels run out of space last year, and no one can dispute the stylishness of Cuzza's scarf. I think I'm going to try to make some kind of PAX dedicated kutte.

    We're not there to show off our button e-peens (i guess its more like an IRL-peen) redhalo! Besides you know you'll get questions "oh who gave you that button?" and that will confuse the hell out of people. You're welcome to wear mine though.8-)

    I'm probably bringing my GTAIV CE duffel bag again. Unless I can find a way to attach them to my wheelchair or something. I think I tried attaching them to my wheel spokes last year and that didn't really work.

    I just had a terible mental image of us showing off our "IRL-peen". I got what your saying though, just some are too cool, like the Gabe and Tycho shirt ones. Non-buttoneers can really appreciate those.

    redhalo on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Moderator mod
    edited February 2009
    no other opinions on the bonus button sizing?

    Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

  • redhaloredhalo Registered User
    edited February 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    no other opinions on the bonus button sizing?

    Too many people will feel differently, I'd say leave it up to the individual. I have a square button last year, and that's cool, but I don't think we can't just say no square buttons unless you fit a certain prerequisite. As long as everyone is individually buying the buttons that they want we really can't regulate it. That and some can only afford the smaller ones.

    redhalo on
  • neurosliceneuroslice Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I am so doing this to the fucking max this year.

    and oh yeah,
    I'm alive guys.

    just computer-free till I find an apartment.

    love y'all.

    laters.

    neuroslice on
    Hotel bound on PAX Saturday,
    I exclaimed "Khoo is my Sensei!"
    So if memes make great shirts,
    And Pod Six is Jerks,
    Then Moe, Khoo and I had our day.
  • MeeOkMeeOk Registered User
    edited February 2009
    I figured out what I want to use, I think.. >_>

    http://dl9.glitter-graphics.net/pub/224/224329npzfwp3j55.jpg

    The Cheshire Cat from American McGee's Alice. *cough*

    MeeOk on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Moderator mod
    edited February 2009
    redhalo wrote: »
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    no other opinions on the bonus button sizing?

    Too many people will feel differently, I'd say leave it up to the individual. I have a square button last year, and that's cool, but I don't think we can't just say no square buttons unless you fit a certain prerequisite. As long as everyone is individually buying the buttons that they want we really can't regulate it. That and some can only afford the smaller ones.

    Well, I'm going to do it. My personal buttons are 1.5" the CCST buttons are 1" and my bonus buttons will be 1.25"

    Speaking of bonus buttons, I've designed a set of Bizarro Sealab buttons, but I don't know if I want to distribute all of them myself. If other people are interested, we can each get one Bizarro button type and people can try and collect the whole set by finding all of us. Any takers (randomguy, I'm looking at you).

    Bizarro Buttons:
    bizarromurphy.png
    bizarroquinn.png
    bizarrosparks.png
    bizarrostormy.png
    bizarrodebbie.png
    bizarromarco.png

    Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

  • ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Still debating, but for the moment this is my top pick:
    942940_20080613_screen011.jpg

    ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • lordthandalordthanda Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Thought you guys would want to see this. It's Purebuttons' response to my emails letting them know we've started planning. Sorry RedHalo if I'm stepping on your toes at all.
    [Thanda],

    Lets get the promo code up on the site!! Go ahead and use: PUREPAX09 and save 15% on every order. I can also make sure the buttons have a 7 day or less turnaround time (not including shipping though)

    Let me know when you get a chance to get that up and running.
    Have a great day!

    lordthanda on
    -LT the BP
    PASig.gif
  • JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    redhalo wrote: »
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    no other opinions on the bonus button sizing?

    Too many people will feel differently, I'd say leave it up to the individual. I have a square button last year, and that's cool, but I don't think we can't just say no square buttons unless you fit a certain prerequisite. As long as everyone is individually buying the buttons that they want we really can't regulate it. That and some can only afford the smaller ones.

    Well, I'm going to do it. My personal buttons are 1.5" the CCST buttons are 1" and my bonus buttons will be 1.25"

    Speaking of bonus buttons, I've designed a set of Bizarro Sealab buttons, but I don't know if I want to distribute all of them myself. If other people are interested, we can each get one Bizarro button type and people can try and collect the whole set by finding all of us. Any takers (randomguy, I'm looking at you).

    Bizarro Buttons:
    bizarromurphy.png
    bizarroquinn.png
    bizarrosparks.png
    bizarrostormy.png
    bizarrodebbie.png
    bizarromarco.png


    I'll take the case!

    Wait....wrong show :p

    but yeah I'll do it

    JonnyNero on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Wow. Purebuttons is like a demigod of chotchkies! They gave us our own discount code! Purebuttons for the win. =)

    VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Wow. Purebuttons is like a demigod of chotchkies! They gave us our own discount code! Purebuttons for the win. =)

    We should talk to them about purchasing a button trading button to be thrown into the orders that use the code.

    jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • MeeOkMeeOk Registered User
    edited February 2009
    JonnyNero wrote: »
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    redhalo wrote: »
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    no other opinions on the bonus button sizing?

    Too many people will feel differently, I'd say leave it up to the individual. I have a square button last year, and that's cool, but I don't think we can't just say no square buttons unless you fit a certain prerequisite. As long as everyone is individually buying the buttons that they want we really can't regulate it. That and some can only afford the smaller ones.

    Well, I'm going to do it. My personal buttons are 1.5" the CCST buttons are 1" and my bonus buttons will be 1.25"

    Speaking of bonus buttons, I've designed a set of Bizarro Sealab buttons, but I don't know if I want to distribute all of them myself. If other people are interested, we can each get one Bizarro button type and people can try and collect the whole set by finding all of us. Any takers (randomguy, I'm looking at you).

    Bizarro Buttons:
    bizarromurphy.png
    bizarroquinn.png
    bizarrosparks.png
    bizarrostormy.png
    bizarrodebbie.png
    bizarromarco.png


    I'll take the case!

    Wait....wrong show :p

    but yeah I'll do it

    I would be okay with doing one of those, maybe ^_^

    MeeOk on
  • redhaloredhalo Registered User
    edited February 2009
    lordthanda wrote: »
    Thought you guys would want to see this. It's Purebuttons' response to my emails letting them know we've started planning. Sorry RedHalo if I'm stepping on your toes at all.
    [Thanda],

    Lets get the promo code up on the site!! Go ahead and use: PUREPAX09 and save 15% on every order. I can also make sure the buttons have a 7 day or less turnaround time (not including shipping though)

    Let me know when you get a chance to get that up and running.
    Have a great day!

    No sweat, that's great news. All I've gotten so far was "Sounds great, but I have to push this through the boss for input". I like the turnaround garuntee.

    redhalo on
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Okay, so here my idea for my new button, but I need the help of a Photoshop hero. Don't open the spoiler unless you can help me, or want to know the suprise of the greatest button ever.
    Okay, heres the button.

    The background is Space. My Shark is in space with a clear bubble space helmet and lazers are firing out of the gun and shoot in the Robot Devil from futurama. At the sharks side is the chick with three boobs from Total Recall. And wrapping around the border are the words "The_Reflection for President of Space.

    Maybe Emperor or Conqueror, but that can be thought about.

    Who can help me?

    The_Reflection on
    SYSOP wrote: »

    "The_Reflection has a story, that must be told"..."He is already a legend, and he ain't even old"
    "He can drink a river of blood and not burst"..."He can swallow a desert and never thirst"
  • redhaloredhalo Registered User
    edited February 2009
    Okay, so here my idea for my new button, but I need the help of a Photoshop hero. Don't open the spoiler unless you can help me, or want to know the suprise of the greatest button ever.
    Okay, heres the button.

    The background is Space. My Shark is in space with a clear bubble space helmet and lazers are firing out of the gun and shoot in the Robot Devil from futurama. At the sharks side is the chick with three boobs from Total Recall. And wrapping around the border are the words "The_Reflection for President of Space.

    Maybe Emperor or Conqueror, but that can be thought about.

    Who can help me?

    I cheated and peeked. You win, sir. You win.

    redhalo on
  • AtomicFreakAtomicFreak Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'll probably use mine from last year, as I barely traded any and have a ton left. I'll get a small amount of new ones made as well, in case I run into anyone who I DID trade with last year so they can get something different.

    AtomicFreak on
    TheAtomicFreak.gif
    theatomicfreak.png
  • eye-shuheye-shuh Registered User
    edited February 2009
    I'm so excited! Button design is primed and ready to trade!
    pax09buttonsmall.jpg

    eye-shuh on
    Eye-Shuh - You should have won. period. I'm still in the Omegabat fan club!
  • KyoutekiKyouteki Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hells yes. That is all.

    Kyouteki on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hmm.

    Buttons.

    HRRRRRMMMMM.

    It'll be hard to top Rockstar Raz and the PA shirts. I must meditate on this.

    Houn on
  • ninjownedninjowned Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Buttons :]

    ninjowned on
    ninjowned!
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Okay, so here my idea for my new button, but I need the help of a Photoshop hero. Don't open the spoiler unless you can help me, or want to know the suprise of the greatest button ever.
    Okay, heres the button.

    The background is Space. My Shark is in space with a clear bubble space helmet and lazers are firing out of the gun and shoot in the Robot Devil from futurama. At the sharks side is the chick with three boobs from Total Recall. And wrapping around the border are the words "The_Reflection for President of Space.

    Maybe Emperor or Conqueror, but that can be thought about.

    Who can help me?

    I WILL DO THIS. Although there may be others more capable..

    MetaverseNomad on
  • HAklownerHAklowner Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    wow, Amazing guys. cant wait for this year's PAX button trading madness!! I had a few questions though, mostly about my design. last year i went with the curiosity sphere GLaDOS button.
    Last years:
    IMG_5756-1-1.jpg
    I Thought of going though all the different spheres in the upcoming years.. or maybe something different? you think it would seem to lazy of me to do that or not?

    HAklowner on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    That'd be kinda cool from a collector standpoint, to be able to show off the whole set as proof of visiting PAX multiple years, but it's up to you.

    Houn on
  • yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    redhalo wrote: »
    Another discussion point, what is everyone using to attach buttons to this year? I saw many a sachels run out of space last year, and no one can dispute the stylishness of Cuzza's scarf. I think I'm going to try to make some kind of PAX dedicated kutte.

    CynderCyn and I used elf hats to attach our buttons to.
    IMG_0552.jpg

    I also bought a PAX shirt just for the buttons once I got back home
    pax_shirt002.jpg

    yoshamano on
    pa_forums_sig.jpg
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    My buttons were on my various bags, but kept getting knocked off. A few are still on my backpack, the rest are in a bag somewhere at home.

    They really are kinda awkward...

    Houn on
  • MeeOkMeeOk Registered User
    edited February 2009
    Okay, so here my idea for my new button, but I need the help of a Photoshop hero. Don't open the spoiler unless you can help me, or want to know the suprise of the greatest button ever.
    Okay, heres the button.

    The background is Space. My Shark is in space with a clear bubble space helmet and lazers are firing out of the gun and shoot in the Robot Devil from futurama. At the sharks side is the chick with three boobs from Total Recall. And wrapping around the border are the words "The_Reflection for President of Space.

    Maybe Emperor or Conqueror, but that can be thought about.

    Who can help me?

    I WILL DO THIS. Although there may be others more capable..

    Meta.................. would you feel like helping me size the image I want to use, appropriately? >_< I'm very.. unsavvy about digital media.

    MeeOk on
  • emorimikuemorimiku Registered User
    edited February 2009
    Emorimiku, I encourage you to make the kirby zoidberg buttons again, at least as a bonus button. I know you lost them last year (d'oh =( ), so I bet people will be itching to get them this year!
    If enough people want me to make another order of them for that I'd be willing to since I because of the specific circumstances I don't think that they would really count as repeat buttons.

    emorimiku on
    <emorimiku> j0z1e ... physically emotionally or mentally?
    <j0z1e> ummmm, all three? at once?
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I have the kirby zoidberg button. Am I special? Am I a beautiful and unique snowflake?
    buttons01.jpg

    Houn on
  • demonthresisdemonthresis Registered User
    edited February 2009
    Those bizarro buttons are amazing. I personally love Stormy the best. Ya know...the regular stormy. You mean there's a...bizarro....stormy? Props to anyone who gets the reference :P

    demonthresis on
    Pretty, what do we blow up first?
  • MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    Those bizarro buttons are amazing. I personally love Stormy the best. Ya know...the regular stormy. You mean there's a...bizarro....stormy? Props to anyone who gets the reference :P

    What reference? Bizarro Button, is that like Benjamin Button?

    Monoxide on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Moderator mod
    edited February 2009
    Well I'm saving Bizarro Murphy for myself and Bizarro Sparks for randomguy, but the others are up for grabs, just let me know if you're going to do them (they're all 1.25" btw)

    Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

  • j0z1ej0z1e Registered User
    edited February 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Well I'm saving Bizarro Murphy for myself and Bizarro Sparks for randomguy, but the others are up for grabs, just let me know if you're going to do them (they're all 1.25" btw)

    Do you get to request people do something bizarro in order to get them?? :P

    j0z1e on
    PAX East '12: Pass [X] Hotel [X] Plane [ ] Time Off [N/A yet]
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Moe if no one objects, i'd love to claim Bizzaro Stormy.


    I wanted to do a bonus button but had no ideas, this would be perfect.

    The_Reflection on
    SYSOP wrote: »

    "The_Reflection has a story, that must be told"..."He is already a legend, and he ain't even old"
    "He can drink a river of blood and not burst"..."He can swallow a desert and never thirst"
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Moderator mod
    edited February 2009
    j0z1e wrote: »
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Well I'm saving Bizarro Murphy for myself and Bizarro Sparks for randomguy, but the others are up for grabs, just let me know if you're going to do them (they're all 1.25" btw)

    Do you get to request people do something bizarro in order to get them?? :P

    That's up to the giver of the buttons
    Moe if no one objects, i'd love to claim Bizzaro Stormy.


    I wanted to do a bonus button but had no ideas, this would be perfect.
    Sure, go for it.

    Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

  • demonthresisdemonthresis Registered User
    edited February 2009
    The reference was from the Debbie episode where Stormy refers to the other Debbie as "Black Debbie." Quinn asks Stormy if he'd like to be referred to as "White Stormy" to which he replies "You mean there's a...black...stormy?" Hilarity.

    demonthresis on
    Pretty, what do we blow up first?
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    MeeOk wrote: »
    Okay, so here my idea for my new button, but I need the help of a Photoshop hero. Don't open the spoiler unless you can help me, or want to know the suprise of the greatest button ever.
    Okay, heres the button.

    The background is Space. My Shark is in space with a clear bubble space helmet and lazers are firing out of the gun and shoot in the Robot Devil from futurama. At the sharks side is the chick with three boobs from Total Recall. And wrapping around the border are the words "The_Reflection for President of Space.

    Maybe Emperor or Conqueror, but that can be thought about.

    Who can help me?

    I WILL DO THIS. Although there may be others more capable..

    Meta.................. would you feel like helping me size the image I want to use, appropriately? >_< I'm very.. unsavvy about digital media.

    Sure MeeOk! I'd be glad to help

    MetaverseNomad on
  • tehnakkitehnakki Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ooo, I'd love to be part of the Bizzaro Buttons, if there's still one up for grabs Moe!

    I have no bloody idea what I want to do for my buttons >___< I think it be creepy for a bunch of people to have my face on their chest... or somewhere on their persons.

    tehnakki on
    Hufflepuff for lief, muthafuckers!

    the 'teh' is silent: eljay ~ * ~ twitter ~ * ~ ravelry ~ * ~ last.fm
  • spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ok. I think I'm going with some form of this.
    bgumbrellazo9oo9.png
    w269.png

    spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • PsychoishPsychoish Registered User
    edited February 2009
    It'd be a good idea if I could come up with a design that's not last minute that doesn't suck this time. I pretty much avoided trading because my design failed so hard... I still cringe at the sight of it.

    Psychoish on
This discussion has been closed.