As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 2009 Buttoneers: Too late now, hope you got yours!

• Options
    sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    EDIT: BTW, it was great seeing you, Some10Fishy!

Ditto!

Serenity I keep stopping by your seat but you're not there :( I'll keep checking.

I'm in BYOC for about 20 more minutes then at ???serpent theater??? for a few and then IDK.

sum10fishy on
  • Options
    draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    i got lots of buttons so far still need sum10fishy and the one with the octopus umm countrefaite? i'll be around but damn i want those buttons :)

ps quick note i have about 67 buttons now

draklan on
  • Options
    draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    ok i've added about 10 or so buttons making the total something like 80 or so I'd love a meet up on sunday to catch anyone i've missed. I love everyones buttons and want MORE DAMMIT ;)

oh and for the record all those pins are getting heavy to wear. I swear my vest weighs 15 lbs.

draklan on
  • Options
    DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm at BYOC seat TN-15. I'll leave some buttons out for people to just take. I have 3 buttons and you can just have them... no bonus button requirements. :)

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    DJBreslin wrote: »
    I'm at BYOC seat TN-15. I'll leave some buttons out for people to just take. I have 3 buttons and you can just have them... no bonus button requirements. :)
    umm problem with that I'm not a BYOC Pass holder so how can i come take some buttons?

draklan on
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    draklan wrote: »
    DJBreslin wrote: »
    umm problem with that I'm not a BYOC Pass holder so how can i come take some buttons?

Was great seeing you all in the lineup!
    Glad to get hotsake's as well as all you others!

Still lotsa buttons left too. Probably about 90-100.

I'll try and hit up the rest of you in BYOC.
    @djbreslin - I'll stop by your seat and leave my buttons for ya!

@sum10fishy I've given up... I'm looking at your laptop right now with one of your badges on it. I so wanna take it. Instead I'll leave a couple at my spot for you to come by and trade...

@draklan - dude if you peek your head in the door I am directly on the left first row. One with the large orange comp... just yell out Serenity.

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm going to be out of BYOC for the night soon, but I'm in GK-2 and I'll be leaving some buttons out for trading. Stop on by.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    i say we have a meetup sunday after omegathon in front of the convention center.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    i'm good with contrefait's suggestion

draklan on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    what about CCST meet up area? the trunnel? last year was the sheraton but it got crowded

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Cronus wrote: »
    I'm going to be out of BYOC for the night soon, but I'm in GK-2 and I'll be leaving some buttons out for trading. Stop on by.

Seems Djbreslin has started a trend...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    contrefait wrote: »
    i say we have a meetup sunday after omegathon in front of the convention center.

I thought this was always the plan... redhalo spoke of this many many pages back.

So anyways, everyone will still be there right?

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Agreed... but maybe we should go with pikapuff's idea? (quoted below)?
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    what about CCST meet up area? the trunnel? last year was the sheraton but it got crowded

Yeah although if we do it right after the omegathon final we the tunnel might be crowded as well?
    But I can agree on the time...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Serenity wrote: »

Yeah although if we do it right after the omegathon final we the tunnel might be crowded as well?

I think it would be stupid to try and change the meetup now... not everyone has access to a computer while at pax

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    LTAcosta wrote: »

I think it would be stupid to try and change the meetup now... not everyone has access to a computer while at pax

Hrm? there was a meetup planned before PAX started?

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    LTAcosta wrote: »

I thought this was always the plan... redhalo spoke of this many many pages back.

So anyways, everyone will still be there right?

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    DaNerdDaNerd Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This sounds good to me. I can do this, then head from here to the post pax dinner party.

DaNerd on
    Buy a small corporation and use it to manufacture love. Then give the love to her at a bulk discount
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    alright cool
    I'll be there!
    We might wanna move the location once all of us get there though...
    Front entrance is high traffic area...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    oh yeah... @ the person who left that awsome portal badge on the table for paul and storm... CAN I HAS ONE??????!!!!!!111!!!

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

@sum10fishy I've given up... I'm looking at your laptop right now with one of your badges on it. I so wanna take it. Instead I'll leave a couple at my spot for you to come by and trade...

You totaly should have taken it. But I do want to actually meet you. Try again I'll be around! I'm headed to BYOC @ 9:00 and I'll be there til probably 10:00. After I'll be all ove. I posted my picture on the WTF do you look like thread.

Edit: Nevermind. Evidently I was not in BYOC early yesterday like I swore I was. But I'll still be around. Come find me! I have like 10 left. One of which is for Serenity

sum10fishy on
  • Options
    chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    From 1st post:
    RedHalo wrote:

Q. I want to make sure I get EVERY SINGLE BUTTON I can, will there be a Buttoneer meetup?
    YES. The tentative plan is to meetup right after PAX lets out on Sunday in front of the WTCC. We'll be easy to find, there's gonna be a lot of buttons around. We can finish off our trade lists, and say our goodbyes.

chaosisorder on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    sum10fishy wrote: »
    You totaly should have taken it. But I do want to actually meet you. Try again I'll be around! I'm headed to BYOC @ 9:00 and I'll be there til probably 10:00. After I'll be all ove. I posted my picture on the WTF do you look like thread.

Edit: Nevermind. Evidently I was not in BYOC early yesterday like I swore I was. But I'll still be around. Come find me! I have like 10 left. One of which is for Serenity
    hey sum10fishy i still want one of your buttons save one for me please

draklan on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    for the record had a great time meeting you all sorry to anyone i asked repeatedly about buttons but after awhile it was a blur of faces. good times though glad i joined in on this buttoneer insanity.

I'm on Facebook and would like to keep in touch with anyone willing to friend me there i'm Andrew Cotton my facebook link is:
    http://www.facebook.com/Quickling

please send any friend requests with the comment PAX or Buttoneer thanks

PS My wife just counted out my pins and she says 177 pins gained from you guys thanks again that means i have about 120 of my own pins left I'll post a pic of the final vest when i get home

draklan on
  • Options
    Racemaster7Racemaster7 Registered User new member
    edited September 2009
    It's unfortunate I ran out of buttons so quickly, I was hoping to make it rich at the meet-up. I really underestimated how many would be buttoneering this year and didn't order enough, rest assured I wont make that mistake next year!
    This was my first year buttoneering, and it was a ton of fun. If anyone is wondering, I was the Waldo giving out Pikachu buttons.

Racemaster7 on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    SIGSIG.jpg
    "Darkness won the Skirmish, but Light will win the War."
    -Gregory
  • Options
    CyberpumpkinCyberpumpkin Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I ended up with exactly 120 Buttoneer pins!

Homygosh, that was a blast! I had such a great time meeting and trading and Getting Them All!

I can't wait for the next one!

Cyberpumpkin on
    pax09buttons.jpg
  • Options
    Teh Madd HatterTeh Madd Hatter Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If anyone missed my or my brothers badge (mine was madd hatter johnny depp and his was the blue monkey wrench) I would be willing to do mail trades. Still haven't had the opportunity to just sit down and count how many I got

Teh Madd Hatter on
  • Options
    hyrulehero96hyrulehero96 The Hero of Rhyme Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    i want to do this next year!

hyrulehero96 on
    Slim, Relax, Fine Wine At The Qfc, On A Snowy Saturday Night

My Body Is always Reggie
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Same here... will post here when I have counted buttons...

Anyone miss my button? I'd be willing to do mail trades as well.
    @Redhalo I missed your button! You gotta mail me one!

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Argh, I had to go back to the hotel right after the big buttoners picture at about 7:00pm, since I left about 20 buttons in the room. By the time I returned, I missed the buttons that I didn't have. Ah well, I have some backups for next year then. Picture will come when I get home tomorrow.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I really enjoyed the button meetup. Got so many that I had missed. You guys completely wiped me out of the 100 "Like Brushing a Unicorn" and 100 "I Aim to Misbehave" buttons... and of course I still have tons of leftovers of the 250 "my boring face" buttons (but I can use them again next year).

Someone suggested that we have a meetup at the beginning of PAX (perhaps middle of Friday or something like that). That might be nice so we can meet less franticly and say hi to each other during the rest of PAX. Then again, it might take away some of that "hunting" for buttons fun feeling.

Anyway, I had a great time doing this!

DJBreslin on
  • Options
    CyberpumpkinCyberpumpkin Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I kinda enjoyed the "Gotta Catch 'Em All" aspect, although it was kinda weird going up to people who weren't Buttoneers but who had lots of buttons.

I was saying earlier in this thead, maybe we could have a Buttoneer Badge, like a bright orange one that you wear conspicuously for Buttoneers to ID each other.

Heck, I'd be willing to design that and just leave them at Registration (or somewhere) for people to pick up.

Cyberpumpkin on
    pax09buttons.jpg
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I didn't get a Wil button. /sadface

I think the post PAX trading makes the most sense, since the fun of it is the hunting during the con. After the event isn't ruining that, if it means people get to share more buttons instead of taking them home then :^: of course, but it would suck to run out of your 100 buttons before PAX even opens...

Thanks to all who traded with me, and especially thanks to those who gave me buttons after I ran out. I had two left by the time I hit up the buttoneer meetup! D: I spent quite a lot of time hunting, and it was nice to know people were looking for it. A few people even told me about how they were introduced to Sinfest by this button and that I now owed them for all the time I made them spend reading the archives. :lol:

I traded off my 2008 avatar button to people that had multiple buttons to trade typically, had a dozen or so of those still leftover, and my count looks to be 154 traded.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm pretty sure I didn't get quite a few buttons this year... Also missed a lot of people at the button meetup. I came late from dropping off my computer at the hotel :(
    But glad to have done it! It was great fun and I'm looking forward to doing it next year!

Maybe just a suggestion though... could we have something to easily identify ourselves?
    The last day was easy because by then we were all covered in buttons. First day was a little harder...
    Maybe a special hat or patch or something?

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    leiapicoleiapico Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    i would like to do it next year too... perhaps a special sticker to put on your badge?

cyberpumpkin - i was one of the non-buttoneers that you gave buttons to. i just had a lot of buttons.... thanks :D

leiapico on
    katamari.gif
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I, unfortunately, did not end up so well. I think I walked away with around 30 buttons? I have tons left over, which will get re-used next year, i'm sure along with the new ones I make.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    VanderVander Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I was able to give Tycho and Gabe my buttons during the QnA. That made my weekend.

Vander on
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Brought back 62 of my primary buttons and 14 of Part Two Bonus Buttons. Well, I will have to do less next year now! Wahoo for saving future money!

Anywho! I KNOW there were some buttons I didn't get but I REALLY wanted; but c'est la vie.

Yay for a good Second Year!

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I think I got around 30 buttons myself, but handed out a lot more than that (Wil Wheaton!). The left overs will be vintage 2009 editions, a new 2010 "DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN" button will surface (with less pencil in nose).

Good on ya Buttoneers!

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    Teh Madd HatterTeh Madd Hatter Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Same here... will post here when I have counted buttons...

Anyone miss my button? I'd be willing to do mail trades as well.
    @Redhalo I missed your button! You gotta mail me one!

I missed yours and would definitely be willing do a trade.

Also, Fun Fact: I ended up with three copies of Pikapuff's button as well as two of Access'

FINAL COUNT ON BUTTONS AS OF Sept. 7th, 2009: 143 including bonus buttons and multiple avatars (such as the luke and john buttons) but excluding repeats

One thing I was kinda miffed at myself was that I'm pretty sure that I saw a bunch of other buttoneers but never went up and asked. For instance I'm pretty sure that I saw chaosisorder on Sunday but I wasn't sure if it was her and didn't ask, I did however take a picture which adds to the shame of the situation. To conclude, curse my lack of asking things of people.

Teh Madd Hatter on
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Maybe just a suggestion though... could we have something to easily identify ourselves? The last day was easy because by then we were all covered in buttons. First day was a little harder...
    Maybe a special hat or patch or something?

So just wear a bunch of your buttons on the first day to let people know you're playing. If we did hats then we'd evolve into hatoneers. Plus, I don't like to wear hats.

redhalo on
This discussion has been closed.