As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Then we were Ziggy's [chat]

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    stilist wrote: »
    No, the Klan were not strictly legal, but they did work voluntarily to preserve American culture in areas where there were very real dangers of that culture being overrun and mongrelized. Similarly, during our perfectly justified retaliatory bombing of Beirut in 1979, there were many of our so-called fair-weather-friend European allies who were bleating about supposed infringements of international law. Yet what are laws made for, if not to serve mankind? And if those laws through unforeseen circumstance become no longer applicable, is it not more noble to follow the course of right and justice; to serve the spirit of the law rather than its every dot and comma? In my book, anyone answering that question in the negative is someone without the moral backbone necessary to call himself an American.

200px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png

Mongrelized is a great word.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Ok I just read Modern Man's college story and I am queasy

that is fucking

oh my god there are no words

There are words:

What.

The.

Fuck.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I really have no clue how to do a semiotic analysis of a famous person and the internet is not helping.

Blah.
    Ask the professor.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    people who think college is a carte blanche to be an awful human being are the worst

Hey man, it was college! so what if i sat with my thumb up my ass while my douchebag roommate coehrced some gambling addict to let him fuck his girlfriend?

Yeah I don't get why people are so judgemental, man. Emo shits. Like that bitch we gangbanged could still give consent, it's not like the coke impacted her cognitive functions, y'know?

You're getting posters confused, Ed.

Logic7 is the one going off like a psychopath (though Jokerman was on the other extreme, if you ask me). He didn't post the story of the gambling debts prostitution / coke whore.

I'm being a generic asshole in the spirit of the thread, not poster specific! I'm a method actor, me.

Although frankly anyone could come up with a Horrible Stuff story in like two minutes and guarantee that everyone is pissed off, half the shit in there is probably fake.

"Yeah so cos I'm so hardcore I decided to steal this guy's girlfriend and I put it in the backdoor and she got an STD and ended up becoming a pirate who killed small animals. She was also a hooker."

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

that is fucking

I'd just stop poking your head in there, Hakks.

At least they're not posting that shit in a "Awesome Stuff You've Done" thread. That would really give cause for a crisis of faith in humanity. :P

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Bah, I'm off to do... something, God knows what

so bored

Elendil on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Elendil wrote: »
    Yeah, The Cat signal, as I recall, irritates her because there's no reason why she should be sole defender of women everywhere on this forum

We need her special sort of anger only she can summon.

I tend not to enter threads where I may get angry. I'm scared of infractions. This means the boys get away with saying stuff and I just seethe on the inside.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I really have no clue how to do a semiotic analysis of a famous person and the internet is not helping.

Blah.
    Ask the professor.

It's due like...in 2 hours.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Huh, apparently there’s a New Frontiersman viral campaign.

I haven’t paid attention to the film at all.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    people who think college is a carte blanche to be an awful human being are the worst
    What are you talking about, if I can't use college as an excuse to be an awful human being what else can I use?

Going to bars
    The internet
    People who don't already know you
    Clubs
    Stores
    Parks
    Work
    Your dreams
    Etc.

You forgot ASPERGER'S!

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Edcrab wrote: »

Hey man, it was college! so what if i sat with my thumb up my ass while my douchebag roommate coehrced some gambling addict to let him fuck his girlfriend?

Yeah I don't get why people are so judgemental, man. Emo shits. Like that bitch we gangbanged could still give consent, it's not like the coke impacted her cognitive functions, y'know?

You're getting posters confused, Ed.

Logic7 is the one going off like a psychopath (though Jokerman was on the other extreme, if you ask me). He didn't post the story of the gambling debts prostitution / coke whore.

My virtriol stems from incredibly insightful comments like this,
    logic7 wrote: »
    I love women, if I didn't I wouldn't have been fucking with so many of them back in the day.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    We will find out
    as we change about.
    Is this the last part?
    Here is when we shout:

And you could say, "give your love to me,"
    but I was far away.
    And you could be handing love to me,
    but I was far away.
    And you could say "bring your love to me,"
    but I was far away.
    And you could be handing love to me
    but I was far away.
    :whistle:

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

that is fucking

At least they're not posting that shit in a "Awesome Stuff You've Done" thread. That would really give cause for a crisis of faith in humanity. :P
    Then how come people are like "OMG modern man you are my god"

I mean I know he didn't partake in it but fuck are you kidding me that shit is beyond reprehensible how do you tolerate that

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    bowen wrote: »
    a few pissed off super defender-of-womens-rights-who-think-the-world-is-still-against-women going around pissed off for the next few hours just ransacking random threads with hate.

Like I needed any more cementing of my opinion of Bowen.

Congrats Willeth, what project was this you were working on? (well something videogame related clearly but you know what I mean).

Also, chuff? Can't say I've ever hard that before. Is it a northern thing or what?

Leitner on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

That reads like you are poking her hear in there, going "loook, loooooook!" :P

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I want to go on the record to say that girls wearing oversized boy's pajamas are adorable.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Blah.
    Ask the professor.

It's due like...in 2 hours.

Semiotics is vague by its very nature. If you are having trouble finding something on the Internet about a person, then that's a point that you can draw meaning from, because their popularity hasn't permeated the collective consciousness of whateverthefuck.

That's the kind of thing I would do, anyway :P

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Man, the Horrible Things thread sure has been mongrelized, lately.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Haphazard wrote: »

That reads like you are poking her hear in there, going "loook, loooooook!" :P

Hahahaahahaha :lol:

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    Yeah, The Cat signal, as I recall, irritates her because there's no reason why she should be sole defender of women everywhere on this forum

We need her special sort of anger only she can summon.

I tend not to enter threads where I may get angry. I'm scared of infractions. This means the boys get away with saying stuff and I just seethe on the inside.
    Me too, Cesca

Cause right now I am all a seething

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Sometimes even I am disgusted by what the ancients wrote:

"It is a bigger disgrace for a right-thinking man to be known as a coprophage than as a practiser of oral sex or a passive homosexual. But of those who practice oral sex we condemn the cunnilingi more than the fellators; I think the cunnilingus is similar to the man who drinks menstrual blood."

BobCesca on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I want to go on the record to say that girls wearing oversized boy's pajamas are adorable.

<.<
    >.>
    Oh yes.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

that is fucking

Then how come people are like "OMG modern man you are my god"

I mean I know he didn't partake in it but fuck are you kidding me that shit is beyond reprehensible how do you tolerate that

We must kill the frat boys

all of them

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Leitner wrote: »
    Congrats Willeth, what project was this you were working on? (well something videogame related clearly but you know what I mean).

We had to come up with an idea for a game. We decided to use UE3 because we all had access to the editor, and we settled on an idea that we were all really pleased with.

I'm deliberately being vague because I don't want to post any ideas until we've got stuff locked down tighter than just the prototype. I really think this could go somewhere.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I'm more a fan of the booty shorts and t-shirt pajama combination that some girls use, but I suppose that's because I am an evil man who thinks of women as nothing more than things to secks. I'm like, you know, totally disrespectful of women and such. Whatever regard I have for them is just to make the odds of me seeing their special places better.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Wait does Bowen really think that modern society is not androcentric?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    a few pissed off super defender-of-womens-rights-who-think-the-world-is-still-against-women going around pissed off for the next few hours just ransacking random threads with hate.

Like I needed any more cementing of my opinion of Bowen.

Also, chuff? Can't say I've ever hard that before. Is it a northern thing or what?

Seething hatred about non-existent implied meanings is a bad thing.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

"It is a bigger disgrace for a right-thinking man to be known as a coprophage than as a practiser of oral sex or a passive homosexual. But of those who practice oral sex we condemn the cunnilingi more than the fellators; I think the cunnilingus is similar to the man who drinks menstrual blood."

Woah there champ.

"similar to"

Is there an epidemic of menstrual vampirism?

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I'm more a fan of the booty shorts and t-shirt pajama combination that some girls use, but I suppose that's because I am an evil man who thinks of women as nothing more than things to secks. I'm like, you know, totally disrespectful of women and such. Whatever regard I have for them is just to make the odds of me seeing their special places better.

Well, to be fair I meant more when the girl is wearing your oversized pajamas.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

No Bowen just doesn't get why people jump to conclusions about nothing, not without further context anyways.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited February 2009

MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP!

So Cesca when did you realize you were dedicating your life to studying the ancient version of NAMBLA

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

There's a difference between adorable and hot.

On that note, you can't hold my baby.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Maybe I was reading you wrong Bowen, but I took your super hyphenated sentence to mean what you were refering to in it was a problem not still facing society. Because society most certainly is still against women. That's not really debateable, I mean yes less so then in the past but still, everything related to gender is still a clusterfuck.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

No Bowen just doesn't get why people jump to conclusions about nothing, not without further context anyways.

Then what did you mean by "a few pissed off super defender-of-womens-rights-who-think-the-world-is-still-against-women"?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2009
    I actually need menstrual discharge to live. Without it I am weak and but a shell of what I could truly be.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Well, to be fair I meant more when the girl is wearing your oversized pajamas.

The only 'pajamas' I have are two pairs of flannel pajama pants that I wear if I have someone inadvertently sleeping over (generally a drunk friend) because I only feel comfortable sleeping in my boxers around best friends/women who have seen me naked.

I mean, I suppose it would be adorable, but the damn things would fall off of most any woman - due to the size of my waist, which requires several trains and bus rides to circumnavigate.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Maybe I was reading you wrong Bowen, but I took your super hyphenated sentence to mean what you were refering to in it was a problem not still facing society.

Not at all leit. I know it's still there. More common than racism probably. I just hate people who immediately jump down people's throats for comments like those, where (not in this case) the intention may not have been misogyny at all.

That was not the case after he made his later comment.

bowen on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I sleep naked atop no less than 45 lovely ladies

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I sleep naked atop no less than 45 lovely ladies

misogyny.

EDIT: Also 45 counts of rape.

Enjoy the 9,000 years of jail. Sukkah.

My math might be off.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    DUDE SHE WAS TOTALLY PASSED OUT SO I DON'T SEE HOW THERE COULD HAVE BEEN A BIGGER INVITATION TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALL HER HOLES BRAH

MikeMan on
This discussion has been closed.