As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 18.2.09: This Thread Title Was Boring So Servo Changed It

2»

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The Registration Act requires a lot more than registering, it means working for the government or with government approval. Which he hasn't ever since he went for the New Avengers.

Also, the concept that everyone remembers he unmasked but no one remembers who he is, and none of them see a problem with that, is just too retarded for me to accept. Personally I go with it changing to him privately unmasking to just Tony, so only one guy needs their mind wiped.

Scooter on
  • Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Scooter wrote: »
    The Registration Act requires a lot more than registering, it means working for the government or with government approval. Which he hasn't ever since he went for the New Avengers.

Also, the concept that everyone remembers he unmasked but no one remembers who he is, and none of them see a problem with that, is just too retarded for me to accept. Personally I go with it changing to him privately unmasking to just Tony, so only one guy needs their mind wiped.

privately unmasking just to Tony sound so dirty
    make you wonder what else happened that night

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    What shold really boggle your noggin is that people actively WANT his identity now and still dont care they already know it but dont remember. Stupidest explanation ever.

As for the SHRA, even if registered, hes now actively operating without authorisation.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ah, not sure how that didn't occur to me. Thanks.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    guys, the whole "multiple Spideys" thing was one of the stories in the first "Spider-Man Extra". it even said at the end that it ties into a future storyline

Diablo Fett on
  • Options
    KidDorkKidDork Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hoo-kay, I thought since BND it was taken as fact that Spider-Man had not registered. In the current storyline, he was wanted for the Spider-Tracer murders, but I thought he was wanted in general for being a New Avenger and for not signing on the dotted line.

And I'm not sure Tony does know that Spider-Man is Peter Parker. There was a story over in Invincible Iron Man where it seemed clear that Tony had no idea who Spider-Man was. Parker took a picture of Tony looking out at the ruins of Stark Industries, and seemed to leaving clues for Tony to figure out who Spider-Man actually was (since the photo was accredited to Peter Parker, but only Spider-Man was in the area at the time.)

And I didn't read the Spider-Man Extra, because my budget only allows me to pick up ASM.

KidDork on
  • Options
    Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Nobody knows Peter is Spider-Man anymore. That includes:

Aunt May
    Mary Jane
    Harry and Norman Osborn
    The Symbiote
    Any other hero in the Marvel U.

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Didn't MJ add the "I'll remember everything" addendum to the deal when she whispered it to Mephisto at the end? Or is that still just speculation?

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I don't see why it was necessary for the symbiote to forget.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Coz then Gargan would know and Osborne would drag it out of him if for some reason he resisted.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    But Osborne is also supposed to know it, and have known it before the Symbiote ever bonded to Spider-man.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yes but Osborne has ultimate power at the moment. Knowing his arch enemies identity is not good.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yes but then Peter Parker would never get to lead his Normal Unmarried Guy With Superpowers life. Because there's no way in hell that Norman would ever stop terrorising Peter.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Osborn's feud with Spider-Man is way more interesting when he knows Spider-Man's identity.

Without the personal element, they're just two guys who fight a lot.

Does Norman even remember why he killed Gwen Stacy?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    The official explanation is that they did know, but as of OMD they don't. The exact reason why is supposed to be revealed soon.

Futt Bucker on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Osborn doesn't know it, because wasn't Spider-man the first name he tried looking up when he got the list?
    The short answer is BND can go suck a dick

Scooter on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yes, he was the first person Norman looked up in the SHRA database.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    KidDorkKidDork Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    And just why--with Spider-Man in that Ryker's Island truss--does no one just take his mask off?

KidDork on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Magic.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Matt Murdock's super lawyer intelligence.

Futt Bucker on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I know hes not Wolverine but doesn't he heal up pretty fast?

DarkWarrior on