As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] You are now saved to this [chat]

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    All the AN poisons can, on heroic, need to be cleansed. Also make damn sure the DPS is killing the poison dudes after the webshooters go down.

Regarding Draenai, they are exceptional for their /cheer sound.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Preacher wrote: »
    xzzy wrote: »
    Draenai can piss off, solely because of the dance animation.

Making a clap noise every 2 seconds? I hope you die in agony, alien tentacle monster. Then I hope you get resurrected so we can kill you again.

What's wrong with the clap? I love that dance. You guys have the weirdest hang ups.

Because I don't want to hear it for ten minutes straight while sitting at an instance line while gathering a party.

xzzy on
  • Options
    TheTishTheTish Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Iroh wrote: »
    So I've always wondered. Why are dwarves so awesome but it's gnomes everybody nerdrages over? It's like, you have 2 races here that are more or less the same height. All dwarves have is about 60 pounds and a beard. Take those away and suddenly it's "RARRRRRWW"?
    Mostly the prospect of being killed by a little girl with pink pigtails.
    I can't help it if I'm cute... and crit for a billion.

TheTish on
    sig-1117080.jpg
    -- Gnome mage enchantress and inscriptionologist... er scribbler --
    sig-1497520.jpg
    sig-1497534.jpg
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    815165 wrote: »
    Furbolgs for next alliance race please, they're huggable! :^:

That would mean Horde gets the tuskarr.

Or maybe the wolvar. I would pay bucks to play as a wolvar.
    I'd love to be a fat walrus man. :D

815165 on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Making a clap noise every 2 seconds? I hope you die in agony, alien tentacle monster. Then I hope you get resurrected so we can kill you again.

What's wrong with the clap? I love that dance. You guys have the weirdest hang ups.

Because I don't want to hear it for ten minutes straight while sitting at an instance line while gathering a party.

That's nothing, try standing there next to a jewel crafter who feels thats the best time to ply their craft. Gods the sound of that scraping burns into my brain. I have to turn my sound off at that point.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

But it's freaking TUNAK TUNAK TAN DANCE! That wins out every time.

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • Options
    edited February 2009

But it's freaking TUNAK TUNAK TAN DANCE! That wins out every time.

Honestly I even sing the song while I do the dance. For me its a lifestyle choice.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    bejeavisbejeavis Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Speaking of annoying sounds, who has leveled a musician back in old school SWG? Slitherhorn SW1 is the stuff nightmares are made of.

bejeavis on
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Screw Tuskarr- I wanna play a Taunka. I'd pay money for "BuffaloBill" from the guild <Taunka Tuff>.

Tach on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Thomamelas wrote: »

I'm fairly sure the poison is can be cleansed. I seem to recall actually cleansing it.

Yeah I'm thinking it is cleanseable as the druid healer the night before didn't have a problem with it. I really think it was a combination of the dps not dodging the ground swells/not killing the regulars. I tried to tank everything but when the elites showed their my priority so I switched over to them and the priest would get picked off by a normal.

It sounds like you were being overwhelmed with adds. You're a paladin tank right?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I'm fairly sure the poison is can be cleansed. I seem to recall actually cleansing it.

Yeah I'm thinking it is cleanseable as the druid healer the night before didn't have a problem with it. I really think it was a combination of the dps not dodging the ground swells/not killing the regulars. I tried to tank everything but when the elites showed their my priority so I switched over to them and the priest would get picked off by a normal.

It sounds like you were being overwhelmed with adds. You're a paladin tank right?

DK, it wasn't so much overwhelmed, I think the priest just panic healed or didn't heal. I'm used to running with my wives pally healer who is not as squishy and runs to me when somethings on her not away. I also the rogue wasn't that smart (dying to poison as a rogue is sadness).

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Tach wrote: »
    Screw Tuskarr- I wanna play a Taunka. I'd pay money for "BuffaloBill" from the guild <Taunka Tuff>.
    Wait, Taunka aren't Taurens? Have I not been paying enough attention?

I wanna be an ethereal. Be all blurry and shit.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

DK, it wasn't so much overwhelmed, I think the priest just panic healed or didn't heal. I'm used to running with my wives pally healer who is not as squishy and runs to me when somethings on her not away. I also the rogue wasn't that smart (dying to poison as a rogue is sadness).

The healer panic healing is never a good thing. I forget what ranged abilities DK have but the big thing on grabbing the adds is have the group standing together. Let your AoE hold things on you. Use your ranged nuke to grab mobs attention while other stuff dies. The job of a tank is to keep mobs from hitting other people in the party. This doesn't always mean being in the mobs face. Stuns, ranged attacks, taunts all fit in that toolkit.

The waves in this boss are a pretty good teaching tool for how to maintain control with a limited set of options.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

The healer panic healing is never a good thing. I forget what ranged abilities DK have but the big thing on grabbing the adds is have the group standing together. Let your AoE hold things on you. Use your ranged nuke to grab mobs attention while other stuff dies. The job of a tank is to keep mobs from hitting other people in the party. This doesn't always mean being in the mobs face. Stuns, ranged attacks, taunts all fit in that toolkit.

The waves in this boss are a pretty good teaching tool for how to maintain control with a limited set of options.

Yeah I was working overtime with my abilities, throwing d&d when I had it, icey touching, howling blasts. I really think the healer wasn't ready for the fight. It happens. I'm kicking myself I didn't use undead army when we made it to his final bury because I'm positive if I did we could have finished it out.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Tach wrote: »
    Wait, Taunka aren't Taurens? Have I not been paying enough attention?

They're basically winter tauren, the common tauren's long lost cousin.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I want to be able to play those awesome looking half giants in Northrend. The Vrykul?? They are amazingly rendered.

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I think Army of the Dead might be my new least favorite ability in the game. Every time a DK uses it on Cyangosa (and this happens in pretty much every VH I tank with a DK dpsing) I just want to slap them so hard.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Shawnasee wrote: »
    I want to be able to play those awesome looking half giants in Northrend. The Vrykul?? They are amazingly rendered.

I dunno having been the vyrkul women for the sons of hodir quest line they animate clunky. Maybe the males are better.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I think Army of the Dead might be my new least favorite ability in the game. Every time a DK uses it on Cyangosa (and this happens in pretty much every VH I tank with a DK dpsing) I just want to slap them so hard.

It's funny I've used that ability once while tanking, I just forget I have it because its on such a long cooldown and with so many bosses having some kind of cone blast I really don't see what the bonus to use it is. Especially as a dps.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ExistentialSoundandFuryExistentialSoundandFury Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    In raids the ghouls won't taunt, which makes it sort of nice (Not so much with Heroics). I also like to bust it out in duels just to piss of the caster.

ExistentialSoundandFury on
    399831.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    It's a great boost to DPS. It's just obnoxious to use on mobs that are tauntable. Especially when you aren't the tank.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    It's a great boost to DPS. It's just obnoxious to use on mobs that are tauntable. Especially when you aren't the tank.

So basically people want to stack their dps numbers at the expense of the run?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Most of the time it's not a huge issue (it can cause problems with mobs that have directional attacks, but I don't think I've ever wiped because of it). It's just hugely obnoxious to the guy who's trying to hold aggro.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    It's not at the expense of the run if you know when you can use it, and use it accordingly.

Patchwerk is a fine time to use it. 5man bosses with breaths are not.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    ExistentialSoundandFuryExistentialSoundandFury Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

So basically people want to stack their dps numbers at the expense of the run?

Except that in a raid (10m - 25m) the summoned ghouls do not taunt. Edit: They do not taunt Raid bosses, never tried it on trash.

Behold!
    In raids the ghouls won't taunt, which makes it sort of nice (Not so much with Heroics). I also like to bust it out in duels just to piss of the caster.

Don't believe me? Test it, I know I have.

ExistentialSoundandFury on
    399831.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I saw that, but if you're in a 5 man and the boss does a breath or cone attack and you use your ability and wipe the run (especially freaking vh) then it's at the expense of the run and offers no benefit (can't dps if your dead).

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ObjectZeroObjectZero Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    i popped army of the dead, and my goul right before we pulled patchwerk in 10 man naxx last night. I was the offtank. I am frost specced with some blood thrown in there.

i had to stop hitting patchwerk all together because i was pulling off the main tank. I didn't think i was creating that much aggro, but apparently i was. With white damage ONLY i was at 95% on omen. I just kept hitting him with icy touch when the dot fell off. ALSO, i hate our MT.

I wonder if army of the dead transfers it's threat to me?

ObjectZero on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    army in VH or CoS on the final bosses is like a "wipe button"

ObjectZero on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    ObjectZero wrote: »
    i popped army of the dead, and my goul right before we pulled patchwerk in 10 man naxx last night. I was the offtank. I am frost specced with some blood thrown in there.

i had to stop hitting patchwerk all together because i was pulling off the main tank. I didn't think i was creating that much aggro, but apparently i was. With white damage ONLY i was at 95% on omen. I just kept hitting him with icy touch when the dot fell off. ALSO, i hate our MT.

Possibly, or maybe your mt was having an off night? Like his mom yelled at him for not taking out the garbage.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Iroh wrote: »
    You play in first-person view?
    Nah, but I play about three clicks back from that view. I try not to pull the camera back a whole lot unless I'm raiding or doing something where I need to see everything around me, but even so, the camera's set quite a bit lower (at least it seems) for the shorter races.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Possibly, or maybe your mt was having an off night? Like his mom yelled at him for not taking out the garbage.

My MT has been having an "off" career in WoW.

This guy died THREE times on Maxeena (sp?) in 25 man. I picked the boss up and was tanking everything just fine (i have more HP, and avoidance than our MT). He gets Battle Rezed and taunts off of me....NO BUFFS. so he then proceeds to die. Rinse and repeat 3 times.

some weird main tank macho thing i think.

I refer to him as simple jack now.

ObjectZero on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

This guy died THREE times on Maxeena (sp?) in 25 man. I picked the boss up and was tanking everything just fine (i have more HP, and avoidance than our MT). He gets Battle Rezed and taunts off of me....NO BUFFS. so he then proceeds to die. Rinse and repeat 3 times.

What class is he/you?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Why is he even the MT to begin with?

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I freaking HATE emo/macho tanks. HATE HATE HATE. This sounds like a person I would hate to have as a tanking partner. I swear half of the tanks I roll with in pugs have taunt macroed in to every damn hotbar key.

bejeavis on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    you know ME!

i'm a frost DK tank. He is a Prot Warrior made of ego and fail.

Another great story. Last night we are doing 10 man OS +1 drake. He is main tanking sarth...i am offtanking the drake and all the adds. He dies.

I tank sarth the extra drake and the adds. We down him with 5 people still up. He was actually PISSED the druid died so he couldn't get a brez.

a healer was dead as well...

i mean...wouldn't you want the healer rezzed?

ObjectZero on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Oh and about tanks vs army poppers- if the tank is a smart feller, he will let the boss smack the ghouls and taunt the boss a few seconds before they die. This = free buttloads of threat. Seriously, buttloads.

bejeavis on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Oh, he is MT cause he is friends IRL with the other guild officers.

so the main tanks are officers...skill isn't really a prerequisite.

ALSO. when the boss dies he (THE MT) stays back to do the master looting on the boss while i move forward and clear the trash to the next boss or until he is done.

sorry for venting...it's just been getting on my nerves.

he has to actually taunt off my non focus targets on aoe pulls. For instance on farlina? the boss with the adds that have to be sacrificed. I offtank all the adds while he tanks the boss. it takes him like a full 30 seconds to get the boss aggroed off of me (i have to pull all of them, and i suspect he would just have to taunt her out of the group....i could be wrong)

ObjectZero on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    you know ME!

i'm a frost DK tank. He is a Prot Warrior made of ego and fail.

Another great story. Last night we are doing 10 man OS +1 drake. He is main tanking sarth...i am offtanking the drake and all the adds. He dies.

I tank sarth the extra drake and the adds. We down him with 5 people still up. He was actually PISSED the druid died so he couldn't get a brez.

a healer was dead as well...

i mean...wouldn't you want the healer rezzed?

Wars and Paladins seem to have the most little man in them. I don't mind either tank (though honestly I've never ran with a pally tank I thought did a good job), but the people who play them always seem to be "I'M THE MAIN TANK ALL OF YOU WILL BE MY OFF TANK FOREVER!"

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    this applies to trash pulls as well. though military wing trash pulls i do over 3k dps in 10 man.

ObjectZero on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    bejeavis wrote: »
    Oh and about tanks vs army poppers- if the tank is a smart feller, he will let the boss smack the ghouls and taunt the boss a few seconds before they die. This = free buttloads of threat. Seriously, buttloads.

Which is great, except the tank might not have been having problems with threat to begin with. What is a problem is the boss spinning around in circles, particularly if they have a directional attack (again, we're talking 5 mans). Even if they don't, you're just being a prick to every other melee DPS who's just trying to stay behind the mob. Bottom line? There really isn't a need for it in 5 mans, just keep it in your pants =P

Grundlestiltskin on
This discussion has been closed.