Options

[WoW] You are now saved to this [chat]

1767778798082»

• Options
    ElbowElbow Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So, is it too late to suggest thread names?

[WoW] Apparently, they [Chat] a lot right before they die. Go figure.

Elbow on
  • Options
    ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    [WoW] In his [Chat] he waits dreaming.
    [WoW] She's not bad for an old [Chat]
    [WoW] The [Chat] into madness.

Modified ulduar achievements >.>

Zerokku on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I just quested through Fjord again, I think we need to redo the "SEVERE [chat] PAIN?!" title.

xzzy on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    [chat]-rabi

Because that achievement sucks ass. Or, along the same lines:

Watch him [chat]

Or an easier one, but with a nice ring to it:

Lodi Dodi We Loves the [chat]i

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    [chat]-rabi

Because that achievement sucks ass.

Funny enough, Project Lore just did an episode with a way to make that achievement easy.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    lifeincognitolifeincognito Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    urahonky wrote: »
    So... I'm about to start playing this game for a little bit (probably not fulltime like I really want to) again. What server is the PA guild on? I want to be Alliance...

I think Dark Iron has one or more PA guilds going on it. The other links to Alliance guilds on the sticky for guilds seem to be broken. Although if you are European there was/is a thread about a new PA Alliance guild that people just made to play. You'd have to check for the guild names, but I think they have a channel PA or something that you could pop into on Dark Iron to see what they do in terms of PvP, PvE, and the number of active players.

Edit:

WOW: SO I HEAR YOU LIKE PUG [CHAT]
    WoW : This Thread Set to Heroic [CHAT]

lifeincognito on
    losers weepers. jawas keepers.
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    your chat will abandon you

to get ready for the old gods round 2

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Bliss 101 wrote: »

Lodi Dodi We Loves the [chat]i

I like that one.

Zerokku on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    BOW DOWN BEFORE THE GOD OF [CHAT]

-SPI- on
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I am the lucid dream. The [Chat] in your nightmares.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Some rogue [Chat] in my cheerios, nerf rogues.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Both of those are excellent :D

Zerokku on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I forgot how to warrior stuff.

How wrong am I specced?

Also, why am I still wearing level 27 bracers?

I DEMAND ANSWERS!

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dranyth wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Where as the MUDs that came before really did have some level advancement. Very little in the way of questing. I remember GS III and DR were based purely on grinding. The intresting thing is that in DR two of the classes didn't grind off of mobs. While a trader could kill things they did better by running trade routes. Empaths had no offensive abilites short of bare hands and were going to inflict damage on themselves to do so. Empaths leveled sole by healing. Which wasn't a low risk way of grinding. It was very possible to transfer enough wounds kill yourself.

I remember an NPC attack on the city where we higher levels were treating the wounded as they defended the empath's guild. Things were getting so bad that lower level empaths were pulling wounds off of us simply because we didn't have time to deal with healing up scars and the eventual lose of limbs that came with it. We lost quite a few healers that night from build up nerve damage overwhelming them.
    GSIII had such cool fucking ideas that could never translate to modern day MMOs. Empaths, like you said, healed by transferring wounds from other players to themselves, where they could then be properly mended. And clerics got xp, a shitload of xp, from rezzing. Can't recall how often I've wished that were the case in WoW.

Woo, high five GS3 players! I was Dranyth back when I played, a Dark Elf Wizard I managed to get to about level 52 I think? Dear god that was a fucking grind even getting that far. And I think at that point, there were people who were up to level 120 or so at least.

I know GS4 revamped the level range making 100 the hard cap? At least I think that's how I understood it.

I think my favorite memory from back then that I'll never forget is when I was in East Tower with my friend Marylise, a cleric, waiting to get some boxes picked. Marylise noticed a message of a particular rogue's hand in her pocket taking a gem. We confronted the rogue, trying to get him to give back the shit he stole since he got caught. He was being a complete prick about the whole thing. My wizard was only around 45 or so at the time, and the rogue was in his 90s age-wise, so he was probably right around level 70.

His attitude *really* pissed me off, so finally I popped Invisibility. While invisible, I tossed up all my standard aiming buffs, then used all my standard CoL aiming buffs, and I popped Madness and rubbed a blue crystal. The next thing the room saw was me reappearing because of the lightning bolt I just shot at the rogue, which sizzled into his head, splattering it and turning his head into blood-stained glass. Only hit for about 150 damage, if that, but because I lucked out and it was a head shot, his corpse hit the floor and we stormed out.

Shortly afterward, the guy got rezzed by whoever came for him and they fogged him to where we were, he immediately jumped into shadows and ambush killed me. Woo, big man. Sure is hard for a level 70 rogue to kill a 45 wizard. Jackass.

One aspect of their systems that can burn in hell is the whole experience bucket concept. My god I hated that idea then and I still hate it now.

Speaking of Simutronics, I'm *kinda* curious about their MMO, Hero's Journey, but it has been in development for *waaay* too long.

Holy shit more GSIII / GSIV players!

I had a Rogue on there, when the new hardcap of 100 went in, I got him to I believe level 97 or so, and ended up selling the character for $1,500.00 when I finally made the switch to Warcraft.

But yeah, a game like Gemstone could never be fully re-invented in a graphical mmo, but god damn if they could, it would be the best game ever. Except for the price of course, I'll never play $35.00 a month to play a fucking text based game ever again.

And I used to be one of the Rogue's who hung out in the East Tower picking boxes. Do you remember Porcell? That was probably the Rogue who stole from you, that guy was a huge deal when I was playing.

But yeah, I played Slaide from 1998 to about 2002 or 2003. I played consistently that entire time, and I only played that one character.

After all those years, I only hit level 97. There were several who were hardcapped at 100. There was one warrior, who was so over the cap before the conversion (I think he was level 350 before the hardcap), that when he was knocked to level 100, he had so many points to spend on skills he had basically almost every single skill in the game maxed out.

For those of you who have no idea what the fuck i'm talking about, in Gemstone, you can train in any skill in the game if you really want it, but your class determines how many points it will cost you. So for a Rogue, stealth would cost like 3 physical and 1 mental, but for a Warrior it would cost like 15 physical and 10 mental or something equally ridiculous, so training in anything outside your class role was pretty much a horrible idea.

Anyways, I could talk for hours about Gemstone, I think the coolest thing about that game was the small community. The entire game was on one server, so everyone knew everyone. And the popular guys were like people you actually interacted with every day, like that Warrior, I actually knew him pretty well.

Sadly, his name? Yeah, it was Drizzsdt. :lol:

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    Commissar DemosthenesCommissar Demosthenes Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    urahonky wrote: »
    So... I'm about to start playing this game for a little bit (probably not fulltime like I really want to) again. What server is the PA guild on? I want to be Alliance...

I'm told there's a guild on Draenor, Clawshrimp and Co, though no one can invite whenever I'm on, so I've yet to get in.

Commissar Demosthenes on
    Steam name: Chicago Ted.
    96cce.png
    oh god I am not good at battlefield
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    There are a ton of PA guilds on Dark Iron and we're alliance.

www.pa-guilds.com

Check it out, each guild is different in what they do.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Only losers play on Dark Iron.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.