As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 2009 PREREGISTRATION IS OPEN!

• Grooveman23Grooveman23 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well, I can't say I didn't sneak ahead in line. Me and some canadian guys I had just met found an open spot ahead of us and sneaked on through. We got a whole 5 feet in front of where we were, but thats 5 feet closer to fun!

Grooveman23 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All hail the Hypno-Spode!
  • SergeantAuberieSergeantAuberie Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Just purchased mine!

PROTIP: If you live outside the states but you've got family in the states, have your badge sent to them and ask them to ship it to you. You'll save yourself the hassle of will-call on arrival!

Agreed. One year, my boyfriend bought our passes and they got almost forwarded to his parents' address in Ireland until called and wound up picking them up at PAX. Will-call = no fun.

SergeantAuberie on
  • Queen BrewerQueen Brewer Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The secret to not waiting in line is doing BYOC. You get your own separate line to set up in the BYOC area, but get let in to BYOC an hour before the show starts, and then get into the show with the first group of people each morning. I remember reading that this may change this year, but let's hope not :P

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> once i had next door neighbors
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    <Moe_Fwacky> robbed drugstores together
  • Grooveman23Grooveman23 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The secret to not waiting in line is doing BYOC. You get your own separate line to set up in the BYOC area, but get let in to BYOC an hour before the show starts, and then get into the show with the first group of people each morning. I remember reading that this may change this year, but let's hope not :P

So thats how there were people in there before the "first wave" got in.

I thought they were hired by the companies to just stand there and pimp the game they had to lust over.

Grooveman23 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All hail the Hypno-Spode!
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

I thought they were hired by the companies to just stand there and pimp the game they had to lust over.

Nobody's said to the contrary... BYOC rocks :D

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • MinjaMinja Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    proXimity wrote: »

Nobody's said to the contrary... BYOC rocks :D
    You're too kind :D

Minja on
    katamaribanner.jpg
  • sum10fishysum10fishy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    No, BYOC sucks and no one should sign up for it. It's no fun and everyone in there likes to kill puppies ... with kittens, cute kittens.

(I wanna make sure I have a spot damnit)

sum10fishy on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    awesome, pax pre-reg opened the day i got my tax refund! i'm definitely down for another year.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I just got my tickets last night. This is going to be my first year at PAX and I am very excited to finally get to see what it is all about.

Ebfan on
  • AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    How many spots were there in the BYOC last year? I didnt really look in while i walked by.

Azazel on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2009
    I think around 350

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• ValoharthValoharth Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Well this is the earliest I've regesterd for PAX, I've done it in Aug the last two years. I'm a little sad, my friend who wants to go might not afford to go this year :(

Valoharth on
    Valo+Harth.gif
  • Post BluePost Blue Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'd love to register this early, but academics have the potential to keep me stapled down out-of-state. I'll know in April.

Post Blue on
    Moments before the wind.
  • HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    So erm... jumping the gun here a bit, I know someone posted saying they had called and reserved their hotel already even though they aren't listed yet. So I called the Sheraton and the woman was happy to reserve me a room, but when I asked about a room with 1 bed instead of two she told me that there were actually only a few rooms left in the PAX block, and all of them were 2 beds.

My question is: are the room blocks still being worked out and more rooms will be available when the hotels are officially posted? Because I know that a number of people have posted in these forums saying they're going to reserve when the hotels are listed on the website -- it just strikes me as being an unhappy situation if when the hotels are posted, all of the rooms in the blocks are already taken because of people calling in ahead of time.

Hypatia on
    edited February 2009
    The PAX block won't be finalized until you see the info listed on the website. Don't bother reserving anything until that time.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Lol, to think I had gotten my time off work once it was announced when PAX would be this year well before even the chance to buy tickets.

Only thing I am not sure about is if I'll be able to swing Boston next year and Seattle.... Now to just wait for the BYOC tickets. Still cant believe this will be my fifth year at PAX and the BYOC, what ever happened to the gold stars?

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
    edited February 2009
    Gold stars went away when they stopped letting pre-registrants in an hour early

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Still in Seattle, eh?

Is next year the year when they're moving to the East Coast?

They are doing that, right? I didn't imagine that?

UnbreakableVow on
  • MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Not -moving- to the East Coast, but they are going to have an East Coast PAX, in addition to the West Coast PAX. :)

MeeOk on
    edited February 2009
    It's not moving out of Seattle. In March 2010 there will be an additional PAX in Boston.

edit: beat'd... curse you MeeOK!!!
    /me shakes his fist and strokes his beard

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    It's not moving out of Seattle. In March 2010 there will be an additional PAX in Boston.

edit: beat'd... curse you MeeOK!!!
    /me shakes his fist and strokes his beard

I thought you were going to shave that damn thing off?

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited February 2009
    That was last September. Then it got winter and I grew a full beard. I look like a woodsman now.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    You should color/shape it to look like the Murphy in your avatar. :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    That was last September. Then it got winter and I grew a full beard. I look like a woodsman now.

Pics or it didnt happen.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • EleriEleri Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Can I make the suggestion that the actual reg page make mention of the membership cap? Because that was the page I went to first, before knowing about the cap, and my first thought was "Only $5 savings? What's the point in pre-reging, then?"

Eleri on
    Linking Book Nerds Unite!
    MYSTERIUM 2014 Spokane, WA
    www.mysterium.net
    Unwritten: Adventures in the Ages of Myst & Beyond
    www.unwrittenrpg.com
  • Post BluePost Blue Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    BigRed wrote:
    I thought you were going to shave that damn thing off?
    And even so, phantom stroking is entirely legit for a period of time half as long as you wore the beard prior to shaving it off.

Post Blue on
    Moments before the wind.
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Post Blue wrote: »
    And even so, phantom stroking is entirely legit

Try telling that to the policeman who got called to the library

tr0tsky on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Registered. So BYOC is a seperate registration? As in, after i register BYOC, would I ahve to cancel my PAX ticket?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited February 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Registered. So BYOC is a seperate registration? As in, after i register BYOC, would I ahve to cancel my PAX ticket?

BYOC is separate and additional. One must be registered for PAX with a three day pass to do BYOC. Last year it was $25 for the BYOC pass. You'll get a BYOC pass, which functions as a 3-day pass, but you'll also get a 3-day pass in the mail.

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    edited February 2009
    BYOC is additional registration. You need both your PAX pass and BYOC pass.

edit: yeah what he said

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    You just keep getting beat to the punch don't you Moe? You would have gotten away for it too if it weren't for those meddling kids!

CuZZa on
    edited February 2009
    CuZZa wrote: »
    You just keep getting beat to the punch don't you Moe? You would have gotten away for it too if it weren't for those meddling kids!

You know you couldn't live without us!

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hmm... do I want to be considered for the Omegathon?

On the one hand, I'm a very shy person and I'll probably just get my ass kicked anyway.
    On the other hand, if I went in and did win, the prizes have always been very interesting and it's not like I have anything to lose by entering.

Oh the dilemna!

Djiem on
    edited February 2009
    Yes, yes you do, you can always turn it down later if you get the call.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited February 2009
    Yeah, I'll choose Yes. Worst case scenario, I lose in the first round, so why not?
    actually, worst case scenario would be to lose in the finals. :lol:

Djiem on
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Djiem wrote: »

On the one hand, I'm a very shy person and I'll probably just get my ass kicked anyway.
    On the other hand, if I went in and did win, the prizes have always been very interesting and it's not like I have anything to lose by entering.

Oh the dilemna!

It does give you and your friends a whole other experience at PAX. With the fame, money, and women, it will change your life. Ok, not really, but you'll have a kick ass story to tell.

I've been on the list every year and I'd love to get in, but I'm with you in so far as I'd get owned.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
    edited February 2009
    Cronus wrote: »
    Djiem wrote: »

Oh the dilemna!

It does give you and your friends a whole other experience at PAX. With the fame, money, and women, it will change your life. Ok, not really, but you'll have a kick ass story to tell.

I've been on the list every year and I'd love to get in, but I'm with you in so far as I'd get owned.

Well, it'd depend on the games, really. The games I'm good at or play the most aren't the ones you'd see in tournaments, like 1vs1 fighters, racing games and FPSes. It's sad that Tetris has already been a Omegathon finals game because it is the one game where I excel the most.

Djiem on
    edited February 2009
    Losing in the finals isn't too terrible because it means you get to come back as an Omeganaut the next year.

Queen Brewer on
    <Moe_Fwacky> nice girls
    <Moe_Fwacky> lesbians
    edited February 2009
    Well, it took me a few minutes to understand why this wouldn't let me buy tickets, but now it's done.

Damn you American text field systems and your lack of recognition for accents!

Djiem on
  • ValoharthValoharth Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I marked the yes this year, the last two years I wouldn't have mostly because I wanted to see the con.

Valoharth on
    Valo+Harth.gif
This discussion has been closed.