As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Eee won't boot from USB

ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
I'm trying to boot an Ubuntu install from my USB drive on m new Eee (old one was RMAed). Nothin' doin' though and I can't figure it out.
I've gone through this process before, but my old Eee. That was easy. I'm using the same flash drive, and at one point it had the same image on it from the last time I installed Ubuntu. I even resintalled the image with unetbootin just to get some fresh 1's and 0's on there.
I've pressed esc on bootup and selected the USB drive from the boot menu. When I do it, it still boots from the SSD.
I've disabled boot booster and quick boot in the bios, no change.
I've even disabled booting from all drives but the USB drive and I get the following message.
Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

Being stuck with this Xandros install sucks. What can I try next?

Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
Improvolone on

• Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Did you move the USB drive to the top of the list for boot sequence?

I know it sounds stupid and/or redundant, but try it. I have vague memories of this needing to be done.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    In BIOS is it the first thing on the list.
    I'm in the middle of reformatting the flash drive (FAT32) and putting Ubuntu on it again.

Improvolone on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Everything is working well now. Not sure what fixed it, but damn I'm getting good with Linux installs.

Improvolone on