As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Great Australian Meetup Thread - Sydney UPDATED (again)

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Fremantle....

Amazing sailing there and one of the places that I've always wanted to go. To sail.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    She is going to freak when they get to Fremantle and see the dolphins playing in the water then.

to be fair I would totally freak over that too

dolphins

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    cool thing with dolphins is they swim right up next to your boat so you dont even have to aim

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Dolphins! The clowns of the sea!

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, I was in the water just relaxing then nearly shat myself when this gray fin appeared, streaking through the water.

Oh hey, it's a friendly dolphin with a large erection, rather than a shark.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Isn't there like, a dozen or so forum members from Perth? Don't be scared people, you can reveal yourselves and go to this, I'm not going to ruin this by showing up.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    Viv is just going to chime into random threads

GUYS GUYS GUYS

TODAY I SAW THIS THING CALLED A "SQUIRREL" OMG

Blake you need to make a list of everyday things she is in awe by

No squirrels in Perth, or I'm pretty sure in Australia outside of zoos.

These guys though
    Rainbow%20Lorikeet.jpg

Turn up in tall trees all over the city, equal parts adorable and obnoxious.

My favourite form of perth wildlife are these guys though:
    Red-tailed-Black-Cockatoo.jpg
    They're huge, they always fly overhead when it's about to rain and they have the most beautiful, mournful cries.

Butler on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I do miss Hyde Park though, walking through the tree lined lanes in a rain of leaves dying from the heat, watching the ducks struggling to dig themselves out of the muck and slime as the lake dries into a muddy hole over summer.

Magical times.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    arent you american

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    WHAT.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    HOW DARE YOU

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    your voice on l4d
    unless i was confusing it with someone elses
    or doing that thing where i assume everyone on the internet is american unless their accent really stands out as something else

for example i recently found communitychannel on youtube and it wasnt until after watching a whole video i was like 'wait a second i dont think that was american'

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    or maybe you just talk with an american accent

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Perhaps you are confusing it with my accent, which is American.

No but on topic, I was just wondering since we're talking about wildlife and such.

Does Australia have crows? Because man, I hate Goddamn crows. I'm outside, smoking a cigarette, the sun is coming up, its a peaceful moment, birds are chirping in the trees, its the first day of spring, really. Tweet tweet! Chirp chirp! Little birdies singing the song of winter's end.

And then CWAAAWK WAAAK WAAAK

Goddamn crows.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

GUYS GUYS GUYS

If she last that long.

She keeps looking the wrong way when she crosses the road and I am in constant fear she is going to kill herself.

She has tried to drive my car twice.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    dont put a woman behind the wheel

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Air wrote: »
    your voice on l4d
    or doing that thing where i assume everyone on the internet is american unless their accent really stands out as something else

for example i recently found communitychannel on youtube and it wasnt until after watching a whole video i was like 'wait a second i dont think that was american'

>:(

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    who would have thought the most famous (for lack of better word) youtuber in australia would be some random asian unsw chick

anyway we will see what you really sound like next time we play...

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Blaket wrote: »

GUYS GUYS GUYS

If she last that long.

She keeps looking the wrong way when she crosses the road and I am in constant fear she is going to kill herself.

you're supposed to look both ways anyway

fucking viv

also I <3 communitychannel

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Polago wrote: »
    Mysst, where are you in Texas?
    wow I am a bit late in responding to this but I'm in Austin.

c'mon, do ego searches polago!

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

GUYS GUYS GUYS

If she last that long.

Do as The Crow did, only instead of drawing the shape of a bird on the ground, draw a circle around your car.

Fire moat!

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    The location for this should be The Belgian Beer Cafe on Murray street.

Hoegaarden!

Frites with mayo!

Butler on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    No, the location for this should be Adventure World.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hey I'm willing to join up with this, I know this awesome and cheap Japanese Restaraunt ( No not Taka's, that place is shit )

Oh and hey Adventure world would be cool too.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    your voice on l4d

the communitychannel girl is a bit of a babe.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Perth is so far away

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    No, the location for this should be Adventure World.

That Prison Break "ride" looks reeeeeally lame.

Butler on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Went there a few weeks ago with the missus and her best friend. Walked straight past that one... It's a maze, and you have to talk to 'actors' inside to find your way out. My thoughts? "Yeah, get fucked."

Waka Laka, which restaurant? I dig food. There is a place just up the road from me called Yummy House, and it is just the best Chinese food.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Went there a few weeks ago with the missus and her best friend. Walked straight past that one... It's a maze, and you have to talk to 'actors' inside to find your way out. My thoughts? "Yeah, get fucked."

Waka Laka, which restaurant? I dig food. There is a place just up the road from me called Yummy House, and it is just the best Chinese food.

Dude! Yummy house is just down the road from me, it is indeed fucking good.

The best Japanese Restaraunt is Nao's Sushi Bar and Izakaya, closest thing to the real deal you'll find in Perth. It's down the street Myer's is on and the big ass post office, just head towards the Hospital, Cross Barrack St and it's just passed the construction zone where the Old Arcade used to be with Hoysts

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Buuuutler

how are you my brotha

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Waka Laka wrote: »

The best Japanese Restaraunt is Nao's Sushi Bar and Izakaya, closest thing to the real deal you'll find in Perth. It's down the street Myer's is on and the big ass post office, just head towards the Hospital, Cross Barrack St and it's just passed the construction zone where the Old Arcade used to be with Hoysts

You are in Vic Park? There is a place called Christinas on Albany Highway that does excellent Italian food nice and cheap. And Jewel of the Park (also on Albany Highway) does awesome Indian food, also nicely priced. When I go into the city I usually get Chinese food from Uncle Billys in Chinatown in Northbridge. The place itself is a shithole, but the food is almost as good as Yummy House, and about half the price.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

GUYS GUYS GUYS

If she last that long.

Lame I know, but I was very glad when I was on London two years ago they actually had which direction to look first on the crosswalks.

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Dublo7 wrote: »
    your voice on l4d

the communitychannel girl is a bit of a babe.

oh

absolutely

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Buuuutler

how are you my brotha

Pretty good! I start uni again on Monday, and I've applied for a totally sweet job working at a library. Also, property in Western Australia is super affordable at the moment so once I'm settled into a new job I should be able to buy my own boxy little apartment!

What's crackalackin' with you, sista?

Butler on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Waka Laka wrote: »

You are in Vic Park? There is a place called Christinas on Albany Highway that does excellent Italian food nice and cheap. And Jewel of the Park (also on Albany Highway) does awesome Indian food, also nicely priced. When I go into the city I usually get Chinese food from Uncle Billys in Chinatown in Northbridge. The place itself is a shithole, but the food is almost as good as Yummy House, and about half the price.

Ha! Awesome dude, yeah I'm in East Vic Park, pretty close to that 24 hour pizza place. Jewel of the Park is really nice yeah, I like their Vindaloo. Uncle Billy's is great, I used to go there all the time and hang around the Bubble Tea shop there, which used to have a LAN cafe inside, but shut it down and just focused on the drinks.

That sushi bar Koto is not too bad either, really friendly and cheap, I sometimes go there and then straight to Iccy Ice.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Utopia is right near Uncle Billys, go upstairs for all your bubble tea needs... The little bubble tea bar downstairs owned and run by the same people isn't as good.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    There is one Bubble tea place, and I don't know why but it always has this musty smell, I think it's called Easy-Way or something like that. Shop smells bad, drinks are good though.

Ah yeah I was shocked when I went to the Utopia upstairs, I was looking at the menu and I was thinking "This does not look too bad", then I read further and found out it was a vegetarian place and that the food is just meant to resemble and taste similar the food you see. I was feeling like something with real meat at the time and ended up at the Seafood Place on Roe Street.

Aha and I almost pissed myself laughing at a shop near that place, theres a beauty salon called "skat" about 50 meters away. I saw it and was holding my sides soon after.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    The food is great. I used to hate fake meat (with TVP having being my introduction to the genre, you can understand my reluctance right?) I was all, "I want a steak, vegetarian is for people who have trouble lifting a 2B pencil over their heads", then I gave up and tried the food. Some fake chicken dish, and it tasted great. It even ate like real chicken. I don't know how to describe it properly, but it had the same sort of texture and feel in my mouth as actual chicken.

They usd to have chst freezers in Utopia that you could buy the fake meat (to take home and cook yourself) from, and it was very realistic looking. You could buy a side of unsliced bacon that looked exactly like real bacon in every way.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    Fort1tudeFort1tude Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    holy shit this is actually a pax close to me, but i dont know anybody, so i wont be going anyways

Fort1tude on
    Steam ID - Fort1tude
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    L|ama wrote: »
    Fallout wrote: »
    The Cat wrote: »
    Fallout wrote: »
    mint

and meat?

what the fuck is wrong with you idiots?
    silly fallout, its great in anything middle-easterney

(perth is the wrong city you guys)

i'm puking out my stomach lining!

Seriously? Never had roast beef with mint sauce? It's was always good for covering up the flavour of vegetables too. I bet you haven't even had a meat pie before though, you zany person.

jesus i've never even heard of that

(mint sauce i mean not meat pies)

is this some bizarro mint that you guys are talking about because the only taste i'm imagining is a perfectly good steak covered in tic-tacs

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
This discussion has been closed.