As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]making technique!

1363738394042»

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Inqi just wanted an excuse to show off his guns.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Jokerman wrote: »
    My right sholder is sore.

This is my concern dude.

My right shoulder is also sore!

Let's be right shoulder buddies!
    woo-1.jpg

Like ow.

His shoulder is in YOUR hands.

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Christ Vincent, quit trying to justify what you did.

You did something selfish but pleasurable.

Live with it.

My point is that the pursuit of a pleasurable experience *IS* justified. Even had it not involved me, had I heard a similar story from a friend or even a complete stranger, I would agree with their choice of action. Hell, if some guy did that to *ME*, I would agree with his choice.

o_O

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hey Inqi, have you had a chance to look into paintball stuff for my birthday?

They didn't have the booth set up today. I actually don't know when they will have it set up.

The place I used to go to a lot just ended up getting bought by someone too, so, things are a little crazy.

What kind of environment are you looking for and how many people do you think we are going to have? Do you want something small and personal or something huge and with strangers?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

This is my concern dude.

woo-1.jpg

Like ow.

I wasnt shot or anything, it just hurts like fuck from all the PT i've been doing.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    DeShadowC wrote: »

Live with it.

My point is that the pursuit of a pleasurable experience *IS* justified. Even had it not involved me, had I heard a similar story from a friend or even a complete stranger, I would agree with their choice of action. Hell, if some guy did that to *ME*, I would agree with his choice.

o_O

Note that I'm not saying I would be thrilled about some dude fucking my wife (or girlfriend, were I unmarried), but that I would understand exactly why he would do it, and I wouldn't fault him for his choice.

Unless of course we had some kind of relationship that accorded a mutual respect, in which case I would be mad.

edit: Also, I have a sudden feeling of deja vu...I feel like we've definitely done this before, if not in chat, in one of those threads about cheating or sex or something of the like.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Awww yeah.

I need to work on evening out though, my right arm is definitely more muscular than my left, I definitely favor when I left weights and stuff.

More dumbbell less barbell for me!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    God damn Freezzards. They don't drop any hearts.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

This is my concern dude.

woo-1.jpg

Like ow.

3663559_std.jpg

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I wasnt shot or anything, it just hurts like fuck from all the PT i've been doing.

PT?

<3 that movie btw.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Live with it.

o_O

Note that I'm not saying I would be thrilled about some dude fucking my wife (or girlfriend, were I unmarried), but that I would understand exactly why he would do it, and I wouldn't fault him for his choice.

Unless of course we had some kind of relationship that accorded a mutual respect, in which case I would be mad.

I'm stuck on your first sentence. What kind of fucked up morals do you have?

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

PT?

<3 that movie btw.

physical training?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hey Inqi, have you had a chance to look into paintball stuff for my birthday?

They didn't have the booth set up today. I actually don't know when they will have it set up.

The place I used to go to a lot just ended up getting bought by someone too, so, things are a little crazy.

What kind of environment are you looking for and how many people do you think we are going to have? Do you want something small and personal or something huge and with strangers?
    Well, another person from my gaming club did this awhile back and he got like 20 people to come. So, medium and personal? I don't want strangers, that's for sure, or at least not many. As for the environment, I don't really care, whatever's easier to get ahold of. The one I was in last time was speed paintball or whatever (with the doritos and whatnot), which was fun, but doing it outside or something would be fun too.

Mostly I just want to get a bunch of my friends together and shoot paint at them.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Unless of course we had some kind of relationship that accorded a mutual respect
    You know, like being people.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

PT?

<3 that movie btw.

Physical Training, as Dun guessed.

I'm going into the army soon and I'm hoping to make E-2 before basic.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Awww yeah.

I need to work on evening out though, my right arm is definitely more muscular than my left, I definitely favor when I left weights and stuff.

More dumbbell less barbell for me!
    Or just learn to masturbate with your left hand.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2009
    Poland cedes Kiev, Smolensk, and eastern Ukraine to Russia in the Treaty of Andrusovo, which puts a final end to Poland's status as a Central European power. 1667.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    And most relationships last more than 8 hours...

Never mind, why am I even trying to have a reasonable discussion with you VC. We all know doing so is utterly pointless.

The only way I could see anyone thinking I'm wrong on this is if they think I'm talking about more people than just me.

You're miserable and lonely because you choose to be, because you've decided that you are somehow incapable of challenging yourself to do anything positive and self-affirming. Not because it's your inherent condition. You have many positive qualities, but you choose to minimize and sometimes overtly attack them, which offends those of us who may share these qualities.

If we don't like you it's because you don't like you. It's because we see a part of ourselves reflected in you that we don't like, but we also see that you can be redeemed. And yet whenever you start to find yourself accepted again, whenever you aren't the target of negative attention, you sabotage whatever good will you might be starting to build with the community.

You have the power to change this relationship for the better. I wish you'd use it.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    PUT YOUR SHOULDER TO THE WHEEL, INQUISITOR.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

This is my concern dude.

woo-1.jpg

Like ow.

3663559_std.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118715/quotes

I'm pretty sure the entire fucking script is on this page, just out of order.

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

Live with it.

o_O

I'm not sure I understand the question.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009

This is my concern dude.

woo-1.jpg

Like ow.

Pfffffffffffffffffffffft. You should have seen what it looked like when I got hit on exposed skin from about 10 feet away. I was picking bits of shell out of the back of my hand for weeks.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Well, another person from my gaming club did this awhile back and he got like 20 people to come. So, medium and personal? I don't want strangers, that's for sure, or at least not many. As for the environment, I don't really care, whatever's easier to get ahold of. The one I was in last time was speed paintball or whatever (with the doritos and whatnot), which was fun, but doing it outside or something would be fun too.

Mostly I just want to get a bunch of my friends together and shoot paint at them.

Hm, well private groups at SC village (which is an awesome 100 acre paintball park, world famous) require 30 people.

Warped, which is a much smaller affair (4 fields or so), has private group games starting at 10+ people and getting cheaper at 20+

Looks like a 13 person minimum for CPP (california paintball park) but they are the one changing management at the moment.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Live with it.

o_O

I'm not sure I understand the question.

I wouldn't expect you to, to be honest.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Oh Christ...

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Pfffffffffffffffffffffft. You should have seen what it looked like when I got hit on exposed skin from about 10 feet away. I was picking bits of shell out of the back of my hand for weeks.

Don't make me take a picture of my left hand fingers right now. :P

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Noooooooooooo!

Jokerman on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2009
    20040712h.jpg
    Tycho wrote:
    The final act of our indefensible alliance with continuity has been uploaded for your perusal. Before Sunday's Guildhall event, we got up at fuck o'clock to play golf here. It's pretty much official, the sport stuck. If I have the compulsion to do something even two times, that's not just enthusiasm - it's virtually tradition.

This part of Texas is - contrary to virtually every broadcasted image - populated almost entirely by actual human beings as opposed to ridiculous caricatures with ostentatious belt buckles. We did see one cowboy hat, without which we might not have felt we were engaging in an authentic experience, but outside of that capacious chapeau Texan icons were few and far between. Also, Texas is the hottest place on the fucking Earth. The pavement radiates heat even at one o'clock in the morning when you are walking to the grocery store because you are starving. I was thinking about how young people might appreciate this phenomenon when a cyclone of cockroaches devoured my legs down to the femur.

Our question and answer thing ran about two hours with a break in the middle, and there were a few good ones this time out. The one that really stuck out to me concerned how we're portrayed by other comic strips, as either impenetrably aloof, immeasurably wealthy, or simply as hostile psychopaths. We are, it would seem, wholly alien to this world and have no right to nor role in its natural ecosystem. The answer included comments from both myself as well as my recently returned accomplice, but to touch on probably the most important point, it's actually not so long ago that we were (in our righteous campaign) trying to start shit with fellow webcomic User Friendly, whose only crime was being more popular than we were. We were edgy, you understand, very edgy indeed, and we were assholes of the worst sort, a reality which was well established before any general enthusiasm for our work or even before the emergence of the consumer Internet. So, the notion that young comics need to denigrate what we do here - by the very methods we ourselves employed, in their position - I mean, I guess I don't really care about that. That doesn't even merit the Alanis Morissete School of Irony. The fact remains that it is my job to play videogames with my best friend. And my wife is hot.

You can attract our stern attention, it is possible, but I do have to warn you that you probably won't care about your imagined feud with us once you do it. How about you toil for years on your comic, doing the best work you can, until by some combination of reader largesse or business acumen you're able to live completely on the proceeds from your creative output. Then, set aside money and time for charitable acts like scholarships and toy drives. Man, that'd really burn me up. Boy.

The night at Gameworks (set up by the inestimable ElderCat) satisfied me in all respects, although clearly, Joey's hypnotic extemporaneous stylings or Matthew's admirable personal investment in the written word would have been themselves reason enough to visit. I think that Kansas City may have better barbecue, Texas, but they don't have the sweltering, molten heat that subdues human intellect. So, you guys each have something.

(CW)TB out.

you've no idea what you're like

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.