As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Perfect World International] Cat girls never had it so good.

2»

• MegaPureiboiMegaPureiboi Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Created an Archer by the name of Kemlo

MegaPureiboi on
    Xbox Live: Keml0
    Steam: Kemlo
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Tried to give this a try, but the download wasn't working. It would download for about a minute and then the connection would just die. I could pause and resume the download real quick and it would return to full speed for another minute and then die again. I ended up leaving it running for a few hours and coming back to see that it had only managed to get about 80 megabytes while I was away.
    No idea what was wrong with it. I doubt it's my connection because CoH had downloaded about 600megs of patch not long before hand and didn't have any trouble with that.

Lars on
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I remember the download for this being pretty wonky back when I did it, so I gave up and tried again later, only to have it finally work. If I recall, their servers are somewhere in Malaysia so there's a lot that can screw up a download... the best way is just to let it run and forget about it for awhile... it'll happen eventually. :P

Toxic Pickle on
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wouldn't the international version be hosted somewhere closer? Given that there's a Malasian English server and an International one?

Glal on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I had used the Torrent, 100x better.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • JHunzJHunz Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'll try to remember to add you two new guys to the guild/friends, but the game (for some reason) requires both people to be online for either transaction.

Also, as far as the people in the faction/original post go, Eudes and Yasna haven't been on in at least a week and the others have been online like never.

JHunz on
    bunny.gif Gamertag: JHunz. R.I.P. Mygamercard.net bunny.gif
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Well, despite all the download issues, I finally got the thing and installed it. Then I downloaded the patch with no problem and got up to date. Then I went to create an account so I could finally give the game a try and every time I clicked the submit button it gave me an error page that acted like I had left every single field blank.
    After the third time of filling in all that crap and still having it yell at me for leaving it blank, I decided this game could go fuck itself because it's not worth the hassle.

Lars on
  • VolitorVolitor Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm downloading this now, so I should be able to be up and running a bit later today or tonight and join you guys on that Carebear server.

Volitor on
    I own face.
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I have been playing this again for the past couple weeks. Leveled up a Blademaster to 20 did the FB quest and then decided I wanted to reroll my Cleric. Have him at 14 currently. I also have a 21 Barbarian and 25 Venomancer that I haven't played in months. (All on Heaven's Tear.)

Zevrut is the name of the character I am focused on currently.

Seg on
    edited April 2009
    I've just started leveling a Ranger or Archer or whatever...

My brother's gonna be rolling a character tonight too, I'll throw you a PM or whatever when I'm on tonight after work

Volitor on
    I own face.
    edited April 2009
    So me and my brother have rolled characters, I'm an Archer on Heaven's Tear and he's a Wizard.

Hopefully some of you guys are still around to join up with this, this game is actually shaping up.. The territory and faction battles intrigue me

Volitor on
    I own face.
  • GaruGaru Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Anyone have any idea how well this game would work for dual-boxing? Is there a decent macro system? Is there a /follow command and does it work decently well? The MMO itch is starting to hit me again, but now that I have tasted the sweet nectar of having a party under my control instead of just one character, I can't go back.

Garu on
  • KlorgnumKlorgnum Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So I just started playing this yesterday (ErichZahn on Heaven's Tear), and it seems fairly cool so far. Can anyone recommend some beginner quests that aren't the kill five _____ and bring me their ______ so I can make ______ type?
    Also, is there a way to get around faster at a low level? I'm a human wizard.

Klorgnum on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Klorgnum wrote: »
    So I just started playing this yesterday (ErichZahn on Heaven's Tear), and it seems fairly cool so far. Can anyone recommend some beginner quests that aren't the kill five _____ and bring me their ______ so I can make ______ type?
    Also, is there a way to get around faster at a low level? I'm a human wizard.

The kill X or collect X quests will be what this game throws at you until the end of time.

As for getting around, on foot is the only way until you can get your hand on a mount. And I don't know how you go about doing that. You can teleport between different towns, but that chews up a lot of money.

Seg on
    edited April 2009
    I've been playing for a bit now and I don't find the teleporting eats up much of my money at all. But yeah, the walking is a bit harsh.

But I'm in a strong faction and looking forward to Territory Wars...

Message me in game as Volitor

Volitor on
    I own face.
  • PhantPhant Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    You folks still on this? Currently a level 13 tiger-man thing named Kdapt, prolly goona stick with him so if I could get a invite or a tell or SOMETHING to keep weeaboos who apparently are stuck in 1991 and think hAvInG AlTerNAtinG CapS and XxXbookendingXxX their names is LOLAWESOME from molesting me with invites every 15 seconds that would kick a fairly large amount of ass.

Phant on
  • JHunzJHunz Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Any of you guys on Heavens Tear, feel free to add me as a friend on JayeHunz. Always happy to have more people to talk to.
    I can also do crafting up to level 4 (character level 50-59) if you provide the materials.

But I left the CTS faction because it was totally dead.
    Garu wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea how well this game would work for dual-boxing? Is there a decent macro system? Is there a /follow command and does it work decently well? The MMO itch is starting to hit me again, but now that I have tasted the sweet nectar of having a party under my control instead of just one character, I can't go back.

The macro system is...ehh. A bit glitchy. There is a follow, and it works fairly well, but you have to click on someone with the mouse to use it, you can't just do it in the chat box. I think the biggest obstacle would be that the beginning questlines for the three races are totally different (and in different cities) until level 19.
    But a dual-boxed double venomancer setup would be ridiculously powerful.

JHunz on
    bunny.gif Gamertag: JHunz. R.I.P. Mygamercard.net bunny.gif
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, I've found a faction on Heavens Tear that has a high level population and is looking to do territory wars... I'm only level 11 right now and my brother that I play with is 9, but we're gonna be more active very soon, once I get done with all these damned college exams.

But yeah, in game name is Volitor. Message me, I'm usually lonely

Volitor on
    I own face.