As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

VH's Birthday [Chat]!

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    stilist wrote: »
    Sure, and that’s fine. I love recommendations.

But your approach to stuff you don’t like is rather more negative.

Well that's because I'm a vociferous prick. I'd be the first to admit that, but I think that it is a good tactic for grabbing people by the lapels and shaking them from their unexamined life.

(Two Infinite Jest references in there, to really boost up the twattery of my recent posts)
    Ah yes, being a dick to people makes them come over to your side. That's perfect logic there. It obviously worked so well in the BNL thread. And in this one.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ouch, Cameron just lost one of his sons. How awful.

Leitner on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ugh. I should not have volunteered for speaking club when all I want to do after class is have a couple drinks and pass out. I am way too tired and have too much to do today.

Quid on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Well that's because I'm a vociferous prick. I'd be the first to admit that, but I think that it is a good tactic for grabbing people by the lapels and shaking them from their unexamined life.

(Two Infinite Jest references in there, to really boost up the twattery of my recent posts)
    Ah yes, being a dick to people makes them come over to your side. That's perfect logic there.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    BobCesca wrote: »
    I get to go out for Indian food tonight :D

Oh boy! I hope you put down reservations for your bathroom.

what strange world do you live in where Indian food = lots of time on toilet?

Seriously. If anything Indian food results in a much faster, more efficient shit.

maybe in your strange country. In mine it just leads to the lovely situation of a tummy full of delicious food.

Everybody poops, Bob. Even British people. I'm not saying it happens immediately or anything, but eventually you will poop. And if you don't you will die.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Podly, how should I examine my life? Do I need a mirror? binoculars? Psychoactive drugs?

Bama on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

You're already off the scales here

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Leitner wrote: »
    Ouch, Cameron just lost one of his sons. How awful.

It's really sad. I mean, the kid's been really ill since his birth, but still D:

Also, it was only about 45 minutes after being admitted to hospital. Apparently it was a complete shock to everyone involved.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ah yes, being a dick to people makes them come over to your side. That's perfect logic there. It obviously worked so well in the BNL thread. And in this one.

I don't really have a side besides "think!"

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    fuck fuck fuck

It turns out I kinda accidently deleted my most of my Application Data folder :|

Tav on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Ah yes, being a dick to people makes them come over to your side. That's perfect logic there.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
    Being a dick to people only makes them come over to your side if you then proceed to start killing them when being a dick doesn't immediately cause them to come over to your side. And even then it's only because they don't want to die, not because they enjoy you being a dick.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hmm, plane crash in the Netherlands. Most of the passengers were lucky.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2009

Dude, you're sounding like one of those trashy white women who wear shirts that say "and that's MISS BITCH to you!".

Organichu on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited February 2009
    I disagree here. I’ve probably seen less than 100 films, but I don’t think that makes my opinion worthless. Less useful or insightful, maybe.

Well, that's the thing - it's of value to you, although as Keenan very intelligently pointed out, even that value is limited because it's not going to be that much use helping you identify further things that you might like or not like. It's just that it's not useful to anyone else, by the standard of (as I phrased it several pages back) helping push a conversation above the level of "I like this, I don't like this, I like this, I don't like this".

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I get to go out for Indian food tonight :D

Oh boy! I hope you put down reservations for your bathroom.

what strange world do you live in where Indian food = lots of time on toilet?

Seriously. If anything Indian food results in a much faster, more efficient shit.

maybe in your strange country. In mine it just leads to the lovely situation of a tummy full of delicious food.

Everybody poops, Bob. Even British people. I'm not saying it happens immediately or anything, but eventually you will poop. And if you don't you will die.

Don't be daft. British people don't poop, and if they do, it certainly isn't English people.

That's ike suggesting that the Queen poops. How ridiculous.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I don't really have a side besides "think!"
    They did. And they liked BNL. And you called them boring and spineless then demanded they justify it to you.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Haphazard wrote: »

have the plane crashes been increasing or something or is the news slower?

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2009

"A Turkish Airlines plane has crashed on landing at Amsterdam's Schiphol international airport, killing nine people and injuring 84, six critically."

BobCesca on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

have the plane crashes been increasing or something or is the news slower?
    Under Bush, plane disasters were classified information.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I really question how tongue in cheek Pods is being here

Because if he's being honest he's crossed the line from being slightly pompous in his tastes to being a deranged narcissist

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Organichu wrote: »

Dude, you're sounding like one of those trashy white women who wear shirts that say "and that's MISS BITCH to you!".

Podly is one of those trashy white women who wear shirts that say "and that's MISS BITCH to you!"

BTW, Spin Me Round is a more interesting song than anything I've ever heard by Barenaked Ladies.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Yeah, but like I said, most people just aren’t interested in that. I’m not especially interested in it, even though I’ve done it a decent amount over the past year-and-a-half.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2009
    Organichu on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I don't really have a side besides "think!

Like me!"

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

"A Turkish Airlines plane has crashed on landing at Amsterdam's Schiphol international airport, killing nine people and injuring 84, six critically."

Yeah, most. Not all. :(

And yes, it seems like there were more plane crashes lately.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    Medopine wrote: »
    i love it when pods philoso-trolls chat :p

it's a somewhat innovative use of his degree.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Feral wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »

Podly is one of those trashy white women who wear shirts that say "and that's MISS BITCH to you!"

BTW, Spin Me Round is a more interesting song than anything I've ever heard by Barenaked Ladies.

I liked the lyrics to Our Old Apartment. I thought they were pretty great.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Nexy baby, my posts today have been pretty non-sarcastic and honest.

Stilist: I don't mean that people have to sit and brood about their life standing; rather, that people shouldn't just accept where they are in the world blindly.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Dynagrip wrote: »

It's one of the only uses of his degree.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Yes indeed.

The Queen does not have the unmentionable body parts. As a result She regurgitates the undigestible proportion of her food in the form of pellets. These pellets are often sold by companies to schools to be dissected by students as a lesson in biology and ecology, because they are plentiful and easy to interpret.

japan on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    I disagree here. I’ve probably seen less than 100 films, but I don’t think that makes my opinion worthless. Less useful or insightful, maybe.
    Well, that's the thing - it's of value to you, although as Keenan very intelligently pointed out, even that value is limited because it's not going to be that much use helping you identify further things that you might like or not like. It's just that it's not useful to anyone else, by the standard of (as I phrased it several pages back) helping push a conversation above the level of "I like this, I don't like this, I like this, I don't like this".
    I accept that respected critics often deserve their respect. I accept that my opinions are uninformed and the critics don’t care about me.

But I don’t accept that there should be a cavern between the two.

stilist on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    japan wrote: »

Yes indeed.

The Queen does not have the unmentionable body parts. As a result She regurgitates the undigestible proportion of her food in the form of pellets. These pellets are often sold by companies to schools to be dissected by students as a lesson in biology and ecology, because they are plentiful and easy to interpret.
    And people say my desire to bang the Queen of England is crazy.

Quid on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009

It's also useful for extracting really dumb girls from pants.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

It's also useful for extracting really dumb girls from pants.

More useful or less useful than a guitar?

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Yes indeed.

Hey, she's German, not an alien.

<.<
    >.>

Haphazard on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah... all my Firefox bookmarks are gone.

As are my MSN login details. I tried one of those file restoring programms, but it only put things in the Documents and Settings folder and most of them are just labelled with random strings of numbers and letters.

Tav on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Nexy baby, my posts today have been pretty non-sarcastic and honest.

Stilist: I don't mean that people have to sit and brood about their life standing; rather, that people shouldn't just accept where they are in the world blindly.

Sorry if it's difficult for us Proles to parse your sentences.

OH NO THE WORLD OUTSIDE IS SO BIG AND SCARY! I DO BELIEVE I HAVE THAT VAPORS!

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited February 2009

hurr hurr anything a compsci major can't understand must be useless hurfdurf

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Sure, but I find introspection is boring. I’d rather just encounter people who give me new perspectives I can work on.

stilist on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Yes indeed.

Hey, she's German, not an alien.

<.<
    >.>

We're on to you...

*narrows eyes*

japan on
This discussion has been closed.