Options

[STO] Open Beta Get!

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    One thing that Cryptic hasn't said much about for STO is crafting. I was always a bit bummed out about not being able to craft in CoX, and when they finally added it, the system was pretty lame. I'm hoping they allow players to do some crafting in STO.

Or maybe crafting is the wrong way to go, but something more like a "hobby" for your character. Something to flesh out your character outside of combat and space skillz. I just don't want the game to be so one-dimensional like CoX was. Basically in CoX, the only option the player had was to fight baddies or fight more baddies. There was not a whole lot of character depth out side of combat.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    see317 wrote: »
    Granted, the thought of neelix having sex is plenty justification for it to be blocked from memory, let alone rough sex with a klingon.
    He and Kes used to play daycare.

GungHo on
  • Options
    XOCentricXOCentric Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    There is an episode where Voyager meets the lost Klingon ship in the Delta quadrant. The Klingons on the ship believe Be'lana's (no idea how to spell her name) child is the savior of the Empire or something. I am pretty sure Neelix hooks up with a Klingon at that point.

The "kuva'mach" (spelling? klingonese is non-existent), supposed to lead the lost klingons to their new world?

But yeah, Neelix got spun around like a top with that female klingong (hot! lol, except maybe the sharp teeth thing :O ).

This game looks plastic-y, but they better not fuck it up, because I am going to make a Kirk look-a-like and swaggerfuck my way around the galaxy.

XOCentric on
    steam: xo_centric uplay: xocentric
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    XOCentric wrote: »
    There is an episode where Voyager meets the lost Klingon ship in the Delta quadrant. The Klingons on the ship believe Be'lana's (no idea how to spell her name) child is the savior of the Empire or something. I am pretty sure Neelix hooks up with a Klingon at that point.

The "kuva'mach" (spelling? klingonese is non-existent), supposed to lead the lost klingons to their new world?

But yeah, Neelix got spun around like a top with that female klingong (hot! lol, except maybe the sharp teeth thing :O ).

This game looks plastic-y, but they better not fuck it up, because I am going to make a Kirk look-a-like and swaggerfuck my way around the galaxy.

Everyone is.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I also read that they are considering a single server option, sort of like EVE. Space is a big place, and if they do it right, there should be more than room enough for everyone. I'm pretty pumped about the idea of a single server.

Can't wait for the traffic cops necessary around points like DS9. Imagine Ironforge in Vanilla WoW on a friday night ... but with star ships. Wonder what kind of dance/emote routine Cryptic could build into a Defiant Class ... making a low rider out of it might be cool ... 8-)

TheBigEasy on
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    A duck! wrote: »
    This thread is pretty much why I don't want to play STO.

Trekkies are a creepy bunch.

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    IvanIssacs wrote: »
    A duck! wrote: »
    This thread is pretty much why I don't want to play STO.

[any term describing a fan of a sci-fi show that has at least one sexy character and/or race] are a creepy bunch.

fixed that for you.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That does make a bit more sense.

IvanIssacs on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Crafting in STO

Step 1: Ask the replicator

Step 2: Enjoy

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Crafting in STO

Step 1: Ask the replicator

Step 2: Enjoy

Screw you and your synthahol, I want to make the real thing.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Teslan26Teslan26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Doesn't the replicator have limits though?

I seem to recall a pretty dire need for Dilithium Crystals pretty regularly and no one popped up with a quick 'Dammit captain, I'll have to go get a new one from the replicator'

Teslan26 on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Teslan26 wrote: »

I seem to recall a pretty dire need for Dilithium Crystals pretty regularly and no one popped up with a quick 'Dammit captain, I'll have to go get a new one from the replicator'
    Yeah, but the only things that the replicators have been shown as unable to reproduce is Latinum, Dilithium, Antimatter and living creatures. Outside of that, you're pretty much good to go.

see317 on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Yeah, but the only things that the replicators have been shown as unable to reproduce is Latinum, Dilithium, Antimatter and living creatures. Outside of that, you're pretty much good to go.

5 bucks says the first request to a replicator when the game goes beta is for some kind of vibrating sex doll

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited April 2009
    Buttcleft wrote: »

5 bucks says the first request to a replicator when the game goes beta is for some kind of vibrating sex doll

Fuck that, I want it to replicate a replicator!

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Happy April 1st!

http://www.startrekonline.com/

Star Trek Online - Babies: A bold new direction

im-fool-01.jpg

im-fool-03.jpg

im-fool-02.jpg

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I hate april fools day.

I hate it like AM hates each and every one of you.

see317 on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    i'dplaythat

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    That reminds me of watchmen_babies.jpg

Anyways, when I heard about procedurally generated planets and stuff that moved me from thinking this was going to be an AoC type bust to something that might be worth playing. One thing I really hope they have is a way to move around your ship at will. When you consider that most star trek episodes took place on the ships, there are relatively few ST games that let you explore the ships. Usually you're either on a planet, or controlling the ship itself from the outside. By being able to move around your ship it's kind of like player housing...that goes with you!

Dissociater on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I'm pretty sure Jack Emmerrett said you would have limited access to places on your ship. The bridge, the med bay, the engine room, the teleporter room, and perhaps a cargo bay. But it won't be full access to every single floor.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Teslan26Teslan26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm pretty sure Jack Emmerrett said you would have limited access to places on your ship. The bridge, the med bay, the engine room, the teleporter room, and perhaps a cargo bay. But it won't be full access to every single floor.

But God Damn it i want that holo-deck, me and 7of9 got a playdate. :winky:

Teslan26 on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Aw, that's really too bad. I think that would have made things so much more fun for me, I can see how it would be hard/impossible to do with those huge flagship type things, but still...

I think I'd rather feel like I'm the captain of a ship, instead of the ship itself.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Part of the problem is that the shows don't even visit all the floors of a ship. I can't really think of any episodes of TNG or Voyager in which events take place on the civilian levels of the ships. I mean, the Enterprise and Voyager both lug around a bunch of random civilians who make their home on board the space ships, but you just don't really see that stuff. Its all relatively implied.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    im-fool-01.jpg

Why do the STO babies have developed breasts and facial hair? Oh wait... they are alien. I always hoped Klingons were born with handlebar mustaches.

Shens on
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    ... I can't really think of any episodes of ... Voyager in which events take place on the civilian levels of the [ship]. I mean, ... Voyager ... [lugs] around a bunch of random civilians who make their home on board the space [ship]...

Um, there were no civilian quarters on Voyager. They did convert some crew quarters to accomodate some of the passengers they acquired in the Delta Quadrant, but when they first left on their mission to bring back Chakotay's Maquis, there were no civilians aboard.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Why is that Klingon smiling?

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    TheStig wrote: »

Klingon + Babies = Something?

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Today is a good day to cry?

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Today is a good day to cry?

For a startrek pun, I give you 7/5 stars.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Part of the problem is that the shows don't even visit all the floors of a ship. I can't really think of any episodes of TNG or Voyager in which events take place on the civilian levels of the ships. I mean, the Enterprise and Voyager both lug around a bunch of random civilians who make their home on board the space ships, but you just don't really see that stuff. Its all relatively implied.

I do not know if this is true or not, but I am going to go out on a limb here and say that you can probably find "accurate" blueprints for all/most of the ships seen in Star Trek somewhere in these interwebs.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Any way you will be able to play a Klingon pirate so you can go pirate other players?

Because sneaking around and ambushing other players in a Bird of Prey sounds pretty awesome to me.

Comahawk on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Axen wrote: »

I do not know if this is true or not, but I am going to go out on a limb here and say that you can probably find "accurate" blueprints for all/most of the ships seen in Star Trek somewhere in these interwebs.

I have a friend who has a poster that lists the blue print of the enterprise and all the floors.

Plus, each floor wouldn't have to be independently modeled from each other. But I think being able to independently move around your ships would be a huge huge plus in my books.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I have a friend who has a poster that lists the blue print of the enterprise and all the floors.
    [basement dork]
    There are two bathrooms on Deck 1 of the Enterprise D. One in Picard's Ready Room, one near the conference room.

However, Jonathan Frakes swears there's only one and its located near the battle bridge.
    [/basement dork]

GungHo on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    GungHo wrote: »
    [basement dork]
    There are two bathrooms on Deck 1 of the Enterprise D. One in Picard's Ready Room, one near the conference room.

However, Jonathan Frakes swears there's only one and its located near the battle bridge.
    [/basement dork]

I would have thought that, in the future, mankind had eliminated the need to...eliminate.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yea, they seem pretty big on recycling after all.

Stillsuit uniforms?

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Man, it sucks being excited about a game that's still probably 7-12 months away from release. I'm not really bored of WoW, but I've been playing it since launch (over 4 years) and I could really use a change of scenery.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Bigity wrote: »

Stillsuit uniforms?

Is that a fancy name for space diapers? :P

delroland on
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm not even a star trek fan and I'm excited for this game.

Grath on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    delroland wrote: »

Stillsuit uniforms?

Only worse. It recycles your waste and sweat into drinking water.

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Stillsuit uniforms?

Oh, I've read Dune. I just find it vastly amusing to imagine all of Starfleet to be wearing Depends. :lol:

delroland on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Stillsuit uniforms?

Theres a Dune pun here, but I'll be damend if I can make it

Buttcleft on
This discussion has been closed.