As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STO] Open Beta Get!

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Joy!

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Gah I was playing at the starter area but the login disconnected. Now I'm stuck trying to retrieve my character at the loading screen.

WMain00 on
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Wow, I was going through the tutorial when I was told that the "map was full" and got disconnect. If its full at 12:48pm, its going to be shitfuck hammered come 5-7pm.

Decoy on
  • FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    This was to be expected, of course.

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
  • MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I got a nice error on my launcher while it was patching last night, so I have to redownload the patch. joy. I'll probably just wait til tonight to play.

MasterOfPupets on
    XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • MordrackMordrack Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    They finally put pips back on costumes. Though it doesn't update them when you get promoted to Lieutenant.

Mordrack on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2010
    Ferrus wrote: »

Oh yeah, completely expected. But it's not going to keep me from trying. :)

Decoy on
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    ARgh ... Now I am waiting in Line at file planet to get my client.

TheBigEasy on
    edited January 2010
    Decoy wrote: »
    Ferrus wrote: »

Oh yeah, completely expected. But it's not going to keep me from trying. :)

We're true scientists. Keep on trying 'till you get the results you wanted. :mrgreen:

Ferrus on
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    edited January 2010
    On a side note. Open beta, just like Closed Beta, is restricted to 2 character slots.

Decoy on
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I am somewhat frustrated that while it doesn't save characters in progress of creating... it does show you the one you were working on until you reconnect. So you are confronted with what you had the whole time.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So I pre-ordered off Amazon last night, havent gotten my Beta Key yet.

Sent them an e-mail last night and thismorning. The reply I got back said to wait till tomorrow at midnight before complaining again.

Should I complain anyway? Or Call in and complain by voice>?

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Got into space, learned that Im the acting captain of my ship (SURPRISE) and then disconnected. Woo.

@CorriganX

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    edited January 2010
    I beamed to the USS Kithomer and promptly got the "map is full olol" message. :x

Ferrus on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Impulse engines definitely feel much too slow in space. I got disconnected in the tutorial and it reset my ship position to the entrance of that section, but my objectives remained current. It took me a good 2-3 minutes to fly from the start to where the USS Renown was positioned behind the asteroid. I was getting bored just flying there.

Lucascraft on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    So I pre-ordered off Amazon last night, havent gotten my Beta Key yet.

Sent them an e-mail last night and thismorning. The reply I got back said to wait till tomorrow at midnight before complaining again.

Should I complain anyway? Or Call in and complain by voice>?

TenTonHammer, NOW! They still have beta keys.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    edited January 2010
    Man, I love reading the official forums for exactly whats happening right now. Such a great laugh at people blindly defending and opposing. Such a troll/fan boy fest I can't help but laugh at all the ridiculous threads.

Decoy on
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Impulse engines definitely feel much too slow in space. I got disconnected in the tutorial and it reset my ship position to the entrance of that section, but my objectives remained current. It took me a good 2-3 minutes to fly from the start to where the USS Renown was positioned behind the asteroid. I was getting bored just flying there.

did you click the full impulse button on top of the slider?

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    edited January 2010
    Hardtarget wrote: »

I pressed the "E" key until the slider was completely full. Is that the same thing?

Lucascraft on
  • damvaldamval Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ok, so who made a vulcan char and didn't give him a goatee?

damval on
    edited January 2010

I pressed the "E" key until the slider was completely full. Is that the same thing?

no, there is a faster speed than that, click the little button on top of the slider (i forget what hotkey for it), it only works when not in combat and you go zoom zoom

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Nope , click on the arrow on top of the speed slider, that drops you into full impulse, this will drastically increase your speed while reducing manueverability, offense and defense. Use it to get close to the battle but come out of full impulse before getting within 10Km.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    edited January 2010
    damval wrote: »

I made a custom alien character that resembles a human. Then I maxed the breast slider cause I love titties.

Lucascraft on
  • AeolusdallasAeolusdallas Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

That's just sad. almost pathetic really. ADD much?

Aeolusdallas on
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010

That's just sad. almost pathetic really. ADD much?

I imagine space gets pretty boring with the whole.. lots of space.. thing. Don't really need ADD.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    edited January 2010

no, there is a faster speed than that, click the little button on top of the slider (i forget what hotkey for it), it only works when not in combat and you go zoom zoom

Would've been nice if they had mentioned this in the tutorial. All they said was E for fast, Q for slow. No mention of max impulse.

Lucascraft on
    edited January 2010
    damval wrote: »

I made a custom alien character that resembles a human. Then I maxed the breast slider cause I love titties.

The fabled boobians from planet titton XI?

Ferrus on
    edited January 2010
    nooo
    3 times now i've been disconnected while creating my character :(

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • DudBoltDudBolt Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    ok, so the game LAUNCHER says page cannot be displayed. I think this is less about lots of people cramming into their servers and more like someone pissed on the servers.

DudBolt on
    Gather the faithful and prepose a toast. To an epoch of indifference. - In Flames: Ordinary Story
    http://beta.humugus.com/index.php/auth/register/inv/1966
    edited January 2010

Would've been nice if they had mentioned this in the tutorial. All they said was E for fast, Q for slow. No mention of max impulse.
    if i recall they specifically mention this actually although it might be in one of the tips that come up on the bottom right

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • LibrarianThorneLibrarianThorne Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I've just decided to do other things until like, midnight tonight. There's no way I'm getting in at this point, I think.

LibrarianThorne on
    edited January 2010
    FYI more Beta Keys are now available at Fileplanet
    http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/star-trek-online/

you do not need to be a paid subscriber to get one

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    edited January 2010
    Are the Wrath of Khan Admiral uniforms not available until launch? I didn't see it on the uniform customization screen.

Lucascraft on
  • SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    No WoK uniforms yet. Also yes the entire server cluster is exploding at this point, so welp, don't freak out if you can't get in. Stress testin' is what ebat is all about.

SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So have we decided on a fleet name yet?

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

No, there's another button above the impulse slider. Click that motherfucker and hold on to your butt.

SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
  • BansheeBanshee Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    SpaceDrake wrote: »
    No WoK uniforms yet. Also yes the entire server cluster is exploding at this point, so welp, don't freak out if you can't get in. Stress testin' is what ebat is all about.

Yes, let's get all that stress testing out of the way this afternoon... >_>

Man, this day can't end soon enough.

Banshee on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Got in and playing, runs pretty smooth compared to th hitching I got in CB. No sound though. Seems to be a common problem amongst the people playing. Submitted a bug, but I'm not about to restart.

Edit: Got DC'd. Restarted and sound works fine.

Decoy on
    edited January 2010
    oh weak i was selecting my bridge officer at the end of khitomer and i got disconnected again :(

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
    edited January 2010
    K another quick space travel question:

I just got back into the game. Before the disconnect, I was on the mission to defeat the Active Drones. When I got back in, it placed me on the map with the Disabled Drones. How do I hyperspace back to the Active ones like they automatically did for me when I reached that point in the mission?

Also, I did try pressing the max impulse button and yes, that's exactly the speed I was looking for. Thanks for the tip.

Lucascraft on
This discussion has been closed.