As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pre-Fight Debate Thread: Bracket 3

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    If Sandman beats Mist, I swear I am going to rape every single one of you until your eyes burst from their sockets.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Even the ones who didn't vote for Sandman?

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Even the ones who didn't vote for Sandman?

Even them.

They didn't vote hard enough.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    Tbh I don't really like Levy's powers for this kind of thing. Any fight can become "Levy ports them to <insert dimension designed to kill the other guy almost instantly here>". And Levy can do this at the speed of thought. Bleh.

It is kind of a crap shoot, though to be fair the person he wants to move does have to physically go through the portal, he can't make the portal move to them.

It's a legitimate way of winning no one brought up, and since it lends itself to a good recap and he's from a book I like, I just thought I'd put it out there for other people to decide on.

werehippy on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    werehippy wrote:
    Scooter wrote:
    Tbh I don't really like Levy's powers for this kind of thing. Any fight can become "Levy ports them to <insert dimension designed to kill the other guy almost instantly here>". And Levy can do this at the speed of thought. Bleh.

It is kind of a crap shoot, though to be fair the person he wants to move does have to physically go through the portal, he can't make the portal move to them.

It's a legitimate way of winning no one brought up, and since it lends itself to a good recap and he's from a book I like, I just thought I'd put it out there for other people to decide on.

According to the revised match rules, both of them automatically enter any portal he creates.

Scooter on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I just refuse to buy Ultron losing to a guy who generally wasn't all that great for the brief time he was in supervilliany.

Furu on
  • Options
    NondocNondoc Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    It's been a while since I've read Invincible, but can Levy really be specific enough about where his portals open to do the whole universe full of robot haters strategy? It seems unlikely anything like that is valid unless Levy managed to randomly find a hostile universe before the match started.

Nondoc on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Exactly. Why didn't he just send Invinicble to a world that would instantly kill him instead of throwing him into world after world to wear him down?

On top of that, I'm pretty sure throwing him into a world of "robot haters" wouldn't work, unless the world has some means of bypassing Ultron's force fields and adamantium armor. Again, not things Levy would know about The Big U beforehand.

Furu on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Furu wrote:
    Exactly. Why didn't he just send Invinicble to a world that would instantly kill him instead of throwing him into world after world to wear him down?

He was fucking around with him.

And if I remember correctly, Levy can open a portal to any universe he's been to before, or a random one.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    And how does that help him not get his head blown off by Ultron, exactly?

Furu on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    He takes them to Magnet World.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Considering Levy doesn't know every reality ever, does he even know of something that fits? It's a lot of big What Ifs.

Furu on
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    If Angstrom is allowed to take Ultron to an incredibly unlikely world where it sucks to be Ultron more than it sucks to be Angstrom Levy, then what's to stop him from taking out every other combatant in the same manner?

robosagogo on
  • Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    How can you not affect a nazi through emotions..even though he's made of bee's…the guy is still a nazi

Psycho Pirate: "Jews are better than you. If I were you..I would kill myself for all the bad things I've done"
    Swarm: *stings himself to death*

Unless I am completely misunderstanding Psycho Pirates powers here.

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    The question is whether or not Pirates powers have any affect on insects. Do bees even have emotions? It seems unlikely.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    The question is whether or not Pirates powers have any affect on insects. Do bees even have emotions? It seems unlikely.
    They have emotions when they house the mind of a human who has emotions.

Guys, Swarm has feelings. Why couldn't Psycho Pirate project emotions onto whatever part of Swarm allows him to feel?

robosagogo on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I thought that all animals are capable of some sort of emotion. I mean…how would the bees be nazis if they didn't have emotions to begin with?

That sounds so ridiculous.

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Ultron beats Angstrom Levy, easily. Not only is he super-strong, and probably much stronger than Levy, Ultron is also a certified supergenius, superhumanly quick, and he has energy shooting powers bew bew bew. Surely he'd be able to anticipate Levy's trying to tackle him and respond either by an adamantium uppercut or with an energy blast to the face.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Ultron beats Angstrom Levy, easily. Not only is he super-strong, and probably much stronger than Levy, Ultron is also a certified supergenius, superhumanly quick, and he has energy shooting powers bew bew bew. Surely he'd be able to anticipate Levy's trying to tackle him and respond either by an adamantium uppercut or with an energy blast to the face.

Weird...before you wrote bew bew bew, that was the first thing I said out loud when you mentioned energy shooting powers.

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Hey guys.

The Psycho Pirate controls anyone's emotions. At least, he controls the emotions of anyone who doesn't have a preposterously powerful will and drive to resist his emotion-controlling powers.

The Swarm has emotions.

The correct choice is obvious guys and a lot of you aren't making it in the voting thread

what gives

Also: I'm unsure as to whather or not the Swarm's bees might even survive on Apokolips.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I'm pretty sure a Nazi made of bees knows how to deal with a little self loathing.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I'm pretty sure a Nazi made of bees knows how to deal with a little self loathing.
    It's more than a little. If anything, a propensity towards self-loathing only makes him more susceptible as the basic feelings are already there.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    It's more than a little. If anything, a propensity towards self-loathing only makes him more susceptible as the basic feelings are already there.

Exactly. Any pre-existing feelings Psycho Pirate tells you to feel will be multiplied to an enormous, unbearable extent.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Yeah, that and I would imagine bee stings aren't all that bad when you are wearing armor and whatnot...I'm not sure why Swarm is getting as many votes as he is.

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NinjaSquirrelNinjaSquirrel Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Simple

OLOL BEE NAZI LETS VOTE FOR HIM

NinjaSquirrel on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    We all know that bee men are very easily beaten by Naked Snakes with traq guns and face paint.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    spectre will always be around to tell you why you should vote for the dc guy.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I'm just waiting for Terrorbyte to see how this one's going.

Scooter on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    We all know he's gonna show up after the round is over and bitch that the tournament is bs and that all the DC characters are getting the shaft somehow. All that without bothering to actually vote or discuss before the fight.

Marathon on
  • Options
    The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Wait... isn't mist basically just water? So couldn't she just I dunno... dillute sandman?

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    spectre will always be around to tell you why you should vote for the dc guy.

Yeah, when it makes sense.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    I'm just waiting for Terrorbyte to see how this one's going.

These brackets are too retarded to bother with. Giganta? Ugh, Geebs is too fucking lame to even pick a decent Wonder Woman villain from those nominated.

Despite my complaints, the hero tournament was fun. The villain tournament? Stillborn. I can't even muster a decent troll.

Let's end this now. The winner? Boredom, the deadliest villain of all.

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    RoyseRoyse Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:

Hmm...never heard of him...must be a DC character.

Royse on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Royse wrote:
    Terrorbyte wrote:

You know, jokes have an expiration date.

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    RoyseRoyse Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Royse wrote:
    Terrorbyte wrote:

You know, jokes have an expiration date.

Your mom has an expiration date.

There's nothing wrong with being, you know, mad that some of your favorite characters didn't get in. But it's kinda low to insult the guy that's taking the time and effort to do something fun for all of us.

Royse on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Duders

the fight is also on Apokolips.

I very much doubt that bees could live there for very long.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Marathon wrote:
    We all know he's gonna show up after the round is over and bitch that the tournament is bs and that all the DC characters are getting the shaft somehow. All that without bothering to actually vote or discuss before the fight.

its like youre pyschic

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Royse wrote:
    There's nothing wrong with being, you know, mad that some of your favorite characters didn't get in.

No, I'm disappointed that the villain tournament is fucking retarded.
    But it's kinda low to insult the guy that's taking the time and effort to do something fun for all of us.

Yeah, gosh. Where should I kow-tow to every nerd that does a fight tournament on a comics forum? Time? Effort? You have to be kidding me.

It's not low. It's fact. This villain tournament is so broken that it's not worth going ahead with.

Terrorbyte on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    TERRORBYTE ASSERTS AN OPINION AS FACT

PROVES TO BE PRETTY FUCKING STUPID

MORE AT 11

Furu on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    tsplitter wrote:
    Marathon wrote:

its like youre pyschic

Im buying a lottery ticket right now.

Marathon on