Options

Dicks for the Dick God

• Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I think playing Imperial Guard in a WH40k MMO would be the shit.

that would actually be a good start. you could start off as a guardsmen and at some point once you hit a level you can apply to be a neophyte and get your scout shit and eventually work your way through powerarmor to termie gear.

or just stay a guardsman and die over and over and over and over

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    TK-42-1 wrote: »
    everyone would choose SM faction in a 40k mmo. unless the factions were divded into SM/ChaosSM vs xenos.
    I am pretty sure that you are wrong about that.

Pretty sure.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Guardsman can never ever be Marines.

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, that is not how it works

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    saru: dow2 made me forget that chaos is a faction :(

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    TK that is two things you have said about 40K that are wrong.

Where are you getting this information.

sarukun on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    TK-42-1 wrote: »
    I think playing Imperial Guard in a WH40k MMO would be the shit.

that would actually be a good start. you could start off as a guardsmen and at some point once you hit a level you can apply to be a neophyte and get your scout shit and eventually work your way through powerarmor to termie gear.

or just stay a guardsman and die over and over and over and over

NERD LORE IS NOT ACCURATE

I want to be a commissar and kill my friends

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    also, this game was fun, but the slow down post 20 combined with the lack of quests and horrible fucking shitfuck that was tor anroc and the brokenness of knockback and BW as well as a lack of time made me stop

I kinda wanna play my sorc again

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited February 2009
    Honestly Sisters or Space Marines interest me way more than chaos does

The concept of being so outrageously fanatical over destroying heretics that you inevitably end up becoming blind to everything and treating everyone as a heretic is awesome.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    DL's idea for Imperial Guard in 40k:

You start out as one guardsmen. As you progress, you become more badass. The higher the level, you get to use squads of guardsmen as an entourage. Nothing to imbalance the game, but consider calling in a squad of heavy gunners the equivalent of somebody casting some DoT spells or some shit.

What I'm saying is, the further along you get in the game, the more minions you have, you can outfit them differently, and obviously there needs to be a way to balance them, but if Imperial Guard was in the game, then making them play as an individual is stupid, and thus, you need the ability to field at least a squad as a benefit for playing IG and not make every guardsmen some fuckin' Tanith Ghost badass.

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I DONT KNOW. when i excited about nerd shit my ability to articulate my ideas goes to shit.

i meant player factions being sm/chaos vs NPC xenos. and the IG->SM thing was just thinking about how you could possibly level a guardsmen in a traditional mmo setting

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »
    http://www.darkfallonline.com/races/

Welcome to the most generic page in the universe, may i take your elf/dwarf/dark/elf/order
    dear god that looks terrible

and yes, I'm glad we have an SE warhammer thread finally

I roll mainly on Iron Rock destro with my guild Descendants of Malekith which is not a PA guild, but they are awesome people and we're active in all tiers and recruiting, but we're looking for people that want to join a guild as a home, not just to use us to level to 40 and then jump to a hardcore guild. We're looking for people that want to join our family and have good times with us in vent wrecking order's shit. So if you're guildless on IR or don't like your current guild, I am a recruiter for the guild and you can just send me a pm. We don't have an application to fill out. We often talk about dicks and tits in vent.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009

You start out as one guardsmen. As you progress, you become more badass. The higher the level, you get to use squads of guardsmen as an entourage. Nothing to imbalance the game, but consider calling in a squad of heavy gunners the equivalent of somebody casting some DoT spells or some shit.

What I'm saying is, the further along you get in the game, the more minions you have, you can outfit them differently, and obviously there needs to be a way to balance them, but if Imperial Guard was in the game, then making them play as an individual is stupid, and thus, you need the ability to field at least a squad as a benefit for playing IG and not make every guardsmen some fuckin' Tanith Ghost badass.

it would be literally impossible to reconcile the power differences in terms of lore scale if things like terminators and farseers and shit were included

the diferences in power between them and things like gaunts and heretics and guardsmen is just so fucking vast they would pretty much have to neuter the lore to balance the game

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »

it would be literally impossible to reconcile the power differences in terms of lore scale if things like terminators and farseers and shit were included

the diferences in power between them and things like gaunts and heretics and guardsmen is just so fucking vast they would pretty much have to neuter the lore to balance the game

look all i'm saying is it's a pipe dream

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    koizkoiz Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    BW's were nerfed, Leveling is easier now. I stopped playing for about 3 months at level 31 on my SM. When I came back I leveled to 40 within 2 weeks from quests and rested exp. Also easier to level up for Reknown Rank. Everyone is usually RR40+ so you get good bonuses for killing them when your only RR3X. Tor Anroc probably still sucks, but I don't know because I didnt play it when I came back to the game.

koiz on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

You know, making an IG pet class is fucking brilliant.

Commisar seems like the pretty obvious choice for that. Plus you could blow one of your dudes away fro huge bonuses to the rest of them, and that would be awesome.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    It'd be a lore nightmare to try and make a full-scale WH40k game

I'd be happier to see them make a planetside style FPS with maybe three factions and no options to be Librarians/Terminators/etc

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    koiz wrote: »
    BW's were nerfed, Leveling is easier now. I stopped playing for about 3 months at level 31 on my SM. When I came back I leveled to 40 within 2 weeks from quests and rested exp. Also easier to level up for Reknown Rank. Everyone is usually RR40+ so you get good bonuses for killing them when your only RR3X. Tor Anroc probably still sucks, but I don't know because I didnt play it when I came back to the game.

how are sorcs?

also THANK GOD FUCK BW'S

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    My favorite part of DoW:Soulstorm when they pan over the Sisters and are like "yeah these chicks just want to burn everything because shit be crazy"

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    My first thought for Tyranid gameplay would be pet-style squad control, too

Maybe you get a herd of Genestealers or something

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    robothero wrote: »
    My favorite part of DoW:Soulstorm when they pan over the Sisters and are like "yeah these chicks just want to burn everything because shit be crazy"

there should be absolutely no part of soulstorm that is your favorite part unless it is the part where you never bought or played soulstorm

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    My first thought for Tyranid gameplay would be pet-style squad control, too

Maybe you get a herd of Genestealers or something

GENESTEALERS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Pip the problem with your argument (although it is extremely valid) is that they will need to neuter the lore regardless just to make it into an MMO in the first place. If Tyranids are playable lore is immediately killed because they are not sentinent beings

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Is it Gaunts or Genestealers that travel in those little packs

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Gaunts!

• Options
    edited February 2009
    the problem with an SE warhammer online thread: it quickly gets sidetracked into warhammer 40k

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Because it's better

• Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I tried that warhammer online thing. It seemed like a very generic fantasy MMO. All the same dumb abilities, same quests, nothing new.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    It'd be a lore nightmare to try and make a full-scale WH40k game

I'd be happier to see them make a planetside style FPS with maybe three factions and no options to be Librarians/Terminators/etc

I sincerely doubt that would sell.

Frankly, if you can balance an RTS without ruining the lore, you should be able to balance an MMO

I'll agree that it probably couldn't take the form of a "typical" MMO and would have to break a lot of new ground in order to be really interesting and set up a market for itself distinct enough from WoW to compete effectively

but then they should be doing that from the get-go anyway.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I always loved the aesthetics of vanilla Warhammer

The Empire rawks

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    koizkoiz Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    koiz wrote: »

how are sorcs?

also THANK GOD FUCK BW'S

I think Pit of Shades is stupid, but they seem fine to me. They do good damage but they die quickly, but thats what a caster does. I dont know what they were like before, so you would probably have to play it again to see if they got improved or nerfed at all.

koiz on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    the problem with an SE warhammer online thread: it quickly gets sidetracked into warhammer 40k

That's because warhammer online kind of sucks.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Pip the problem with your argument (although it is extremely valid) is that they will need to neuter the lore regardless just to make it into an MMO in the first place. If Tyranids are playable lore is immediately killed because they are not sentinent beings

except there are sentient tyranids

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Only really the synapse creatures

• Options
    edited February 2009
    Campion wrote: »
    I tried that warhammer online thing. It seemed like a very generic fantasy MMO. All the same dumb abilities, same quests, nothing new.

the pvp is 10 kinds of awesome

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

The PVP is supposed to be a cut above the rest, that's more of a qualitative distinction than bringing something wholly new to the table.

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    if you're playing it for the pve, yeah it will be pretty boring
    because the focus is on pvp and the pvp is actually really well implemented and is a lot of fun
    so if you don't like pvp, then you pretty much won't like warhammer

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, scenarios / open RVR are brutal fun

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    the PvP is great. If the rest of the game was designed by blizzard it would be tops

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Only really the synapse creatures

and genestealers and lictors

but for arguments sake
    warrior
    zoanthrope
    hive tyrant
    dominatrix
    hive queen

and all living titans and super bioweapons

all of these things are sentient

PiptheFair on