As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Wii Hunt Info Thread.

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Every retail store I went to in La Crosse WI today (with the exception of ShopKo) gave me the same story: Got Wiis in this morning, all of them sold out almost immediately. The ShopKo guy, however, told me that they were supposed to get a shipment last thursday but it never came, and they have not gotten any Wiis since.

I can't help but notice most the Wiis that get sold wind up on eBay. What a bunch of prick these people are. I hope noone buys their shit, it is the only way these cock wrangling choad licks will stop. I don't see why I should have to pay a premium to some rectum knuckler just because he doesn't have a life and can live at Best Buy to snatch up units the second they arrive.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Shabutie wrote:
    so is there a place where people are posting their wii friend codes?

http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1073839693

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    ScopsScops Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I really need help. Does anyone know any JB HiFi stores in Australia that currently have any wiis in stock? It has to be a JB HiFi, since I'm using the gift cards I got for Christmas.

Scops on
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Any stores known to be getting a shipment in today?

precisionk on
  • Options
    suttbeckssuttbecks Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    None of the stores in my area got shipments today.

suttbecks on
  • Options
    Sharp10rSharp10r Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    None at Toys R Us, Target, EB-Stops, or Circuit City today. And the Circuit City guy LIED to my face today saying they weren't getting any until Spring. So I think I'm going to call a manager about that. I know it's annoying answering the same questions every 2 minutes, but don't make stuff up.

Sharp10r on
  • Options
    MrFancyPantsMrFancyPants Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Wii GET!

Finally. Called TRU at 10am (Knoxville TN), drove there in 20 mins, got one of the last 3 (they had 15!)

Guys there said they can hardly get them in the case, they sell so fast.

Take it, dirty Ebay profiteers. No more watching auctions expire for me. This will be my first wiikend!

MrFancyPants on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    precisionk wrote:
    Any stores known to be getting a shipment in today?

Sunday is a possibility but that's it, seems.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    ebaycocksucker.jpg

I'm pretty sure eBaying cocksuckers are the reason it is impossible to find a Wii. Before yesterday there were 2 auctions in La Crosse for Wiis... now look, it's fucking flooded with them. That one guy there bought fucking six of them in order to price gouge us over eBay.

Holy fucking hell you would think that would be illegal somehow!

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    That ebayer can suck a dick. Nintendo does indeed seem to be replenishing shipments at an impressive rate (for Wii's and controllers now, it seems).

I hope he sells all six of those at a loss.

Oh wait, fucker will probably take them back to the store if he doesn't sell them. The asshole.

reminder: Gamestop on Beechnut in meyerland in Houston,TX got a new shipment yesterday (or the day before), got lots of them.

slash000 on
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    ebaycocksucker.jpg

I'm pretty sure eBaying cocksuckers are the reason it is impossible to find a Wii. Before yesterday there were 2 auctions in La Crosse for Wiis... now look, it's fucking flooded with them. That one guy there bought fucking six of them in order to price gouge us over eBay.

I don't live to far away...

I feel there is a beating in order and Absolute and I are the just the ones to deliver it.

precisionk on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I saw 6 Wii consoles in Best Buy in Vineland, NJ at 10AM this morning (got there as the doors opened). I thought "I'll let the guys online know when I get home."

In the 20min I was there, they sold through them all.

Wow..

No line, no campers, but everyone knew to get there early and ask at the desk for them.

No Wiimotes though.. :( Which is what I went there for. Still need 2 more before I can get some 4 player partying going on.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I was really dissapointed by the Nintendo World Store. I expected not to find any Wii's when I went before Thanksgiving, but I was hoping to at least pick up some Imported games or something.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Wii GET!
    The Target mentioned in my last post also had a guy who lied to me (saying there were DEFINATELY no wii's today). The tracker mentioned above tipped me off to the Target having Wii's sighted an hour before I left for it. So I'm updating it now! (Oh and the guy who lied to me, was looking at the ground when I bought it from him!)

Sharp10r on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I got a second controller today at TRU. No nunchuks though. So I can play two-player tennis and baseball, but no Rayman :cry: .

jackal on
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Sharp10r wrote:
    Wii GET!
    The Target mentioned in my last post also had a guy who lied to me (saying there were DEFINATELY no wii's today). The tracker mentioned above tipped me off to the Target having Wii's sighted an hour before I left for it. So I'm updating it now! (Oh and the guy who lied to me, was looking at the ground when I bought it from him!)

hahahaha

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Does anyone know if Gamestop and EB get their shipments on the same day? The two areas I've been checking near home have both a Gamestop and an EB either in the same mall or in adjacent lots. I was thinking of having my friend go to one while I go to the other, spread out in order to increase our chances of scoring a hit.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    mrcheesypantsmrcheesypants Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Well I just started my Wii hunt today. I decide to call an EB Games to see if they had any Wiis in stock and found out of course that they did not. After some thinking I decided to wait a few more days before trying to get a Wii. It kinda hit me there that it would be kinda hard to buy a Wii. It was still christmas and I just got a new TV which with the setup I now have forced me to finally get a wavebird. I tried Target but I found out that they had none in stock so then I went to Bestbuy and bought it. I saw the Wii controllers next to it and began contemplating if I should buy one or not if I'm ever at a friends house. However I took another look and saw that something was not right.

There were eight Wii motes. Reading this forums and this thread I knew that could only mean one thing: a new shipment or crappy demand. I talked to a cashier and asked when the last shipment was and it was today. The cashier said that they had 5 in stock. They now have atleast 4.

I'm a lucky bastard.

edit: oh Wii Get!

mrcheesypants on
    Diamond Code: 2706 8089 2710
    Oh god. When I was younger, me and my friends wanted to burn the Harry Potter books.

Then I moved to Georgia.
  • Options
    astroboyastroboy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    ebaycocksucker.jpg

I've never seen that kind of eBay map-locater-visual-thingamabob before. How'd you do that?

It's neat.

astroboy on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: PlayerOne
    My Collection
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    It appears amazon will be selling some Wii's tomorrow morning. Check the webpage for details.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    RonenRonen Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Malkor wrote:
    I was really dissapointed by the Nintendo World Store. I expected not to find any Wii's when I went before Thanksgiving, but I was hoping to at least pick up some Imported games or something.

If you're referring to imported Wii games, why would NWS carry them? They don't sell import systems (save for some GB Micros and the DS Lite colors before they officially came out here), and the systems they do don't have region lockouts.

I'm still pissed that the Wii is region locked. :(

On topic: the reason none of you can find Classic controllers is because NWS has them all. They had like eight endcaps FULL of them the last time I went. Picked up two so my girlfriend could be the Earl to my Toejam. :winky:

[spoiler:91394e55b7]Really, I just always insist on being Toejam.[/spoiler:91394e55b7]

Ronen on
    Go play MOTHER3

or Brawl. 4854.6102.3895 Name: NU..
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    astroboy wrote:
    ebaycocksucker.jpg

I've never seen that kind of eBay map-locater-visual-thingamabob before. How'd you do that?

It's neat.

http://www.ps3seeker.com/wii/

Pretty handy.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    ScopsScops Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Crud. Every accessible JB HiFi store is sold out of wiis, so I'm stuck waiting for the next month. None of the stores seem to be able to decide what time the next shipment is, but it seems its either "halfway" or "at the end of January".

Scops on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Word is the 31st right...

I say tomorrow. Maybe saturday but I'm not sure many places recieve shipments on saturday. The 31st seems right-out to me, because what the hell store actually holds consoles like that?

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    My Best Buy got 24 of them in today. Since they haven't lifted the embargo on employee purchasing yet, I called my GF and mad her come and buy it.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    shroudedshrouded Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    My Best Buy got 24 of them in today. Since they haven't lifted the embargo on employee purchasing yet, I called my GF and mad her come and buy it.

Congrats!

shrouded on
    Now Playing: Wii: Nothing. PS3: Netflix. 360: Nothing. PC: Skyrim. OSX: Nothing. iOS: Elder Sign. Vita: Wipeout 2048, Persona 3, Lumines.
  • Options
    xtaxta Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    xta on
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So is my best bet jsut to keep checking my bestbuy?

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Doodmann wrote:
    So is my best bet jsut to keep checking my bestbuy?

Every day the second they open.

Will the Wii on Amazon be sold as a bundle? If so: Fuck that.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Man it is hard to find nunchucks. I was able to get 2 more remotes at best buy, but neither them or target have nunchucks.

TelMarine on
    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I have seen nunchuks, wiimotes, classic controllers all over the place. No Wii consoles though. Drives me mad.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The 31st seems right-out to me, because what the hell store actually holds consoles like that?

If stores have the Wii in their weekly add, they like to have a minimum number of units available at the beginning of that week. Since most stores "week" starts on Sunday, they've been holding that weeks shipments until Sunday.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    BlackDog85BlackDog85 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Well, here's the deal:

If you're not incredibly lucky, don't even bother looking for a Wii right now. Swear to Christ, I just got back from going to Best Buy as soon as they opened. I run in, look around, ask a guy when their last shipment was...yesterday, noon.

I've gone to that place as soon as they've opened for the last three days, and they get a motherfucking shipment in at noon.

Target was no better, as they got a shipment in around 3pm yesterday; I was IN the store at 3:10, and there was nothing, a minor indicator of how fast they go if you don't happen to be in the right place at the right time.

And don't bother with the tracking sites, either; EB and those stores don't update their online inventory fast enough to let you know if they're in stock in time, and the other stores are just total crap shoots. Only use them to track shipment rumors, I guess.

In summary: fuck this, I quit.

BlackDog85 on
    KeithBeKnives.png
    Wii Code: 5700 4466 3616 6981 (PM if y'all add me)
  • Options
    OneEyedJackOneEyedJack Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    BlackDog85 wrote:
    Well, here's the deal:

If you're not incredibly lucky, don't even bother looking for a Wii right now. Swear to Christ, I just got back from going to Best Buy as soon as they opened. I run in, look around, ask a guy when their last shipment was...yesterday, noon.

I've gone to that place as soon as they've opened for the last three days, and they get a motherfucking shipment in at noon.

Target was no better, as they got a shipment in around 3pm yesterday; I was IN the store at 3:10, and there was nothing, a minor indicator of how fast they go if you don't happen to be in the right place at the right time.

And don't bother with the tracking sites, either; EB and those stores don't update their online inventory fast enough to let you know if they're in stock in time, and the other stores are just total crap shoots. Only use them to track shipment rumors, I guess.

They get their shipments of media during throughout the day, dumbass.

OneEyedJack on
    1089605-1.png?1281667433
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    BlackDog85 wrote:
    Well, here's the deal:

They get their shipments of media during throughout the day, dumbass.

Oh fuck you. I'm speaking through frustration.

BlackDog85 on
    KeithBeKnives.png
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    BlackDog85 wrote:
    Well, here's the deal:

some of the retail stores are identified internally by their respective companies as "AAA" stores. in short, they are stores within a retail chain that sell the most.

if you can ID which Targets, Best Buys, Wal-Marts, or whatever chain of your preference is an AAA store, you can reasonably guess that they will get morning shipments and larger numbers of Wii systems for sale.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    wombatwombat __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    btw Wii bundle on toysrus right now

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2585649

539 for wii + Call of Duty 3, Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Zelda Twilight Princess, and Madden NFL '07.

wombat on
    siggy2.jpg
    Vote for my film! (watching it is also an option)
    wii friend code: 7623 9955 2119 1775
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    BlackDog85 wrote:
    Well, here's the deal:

The tracking site LED me to my Wii at Target yesterday with the tip that someone spotted Wiis there an hour ago. Granted I live 1 minute from Target, but considering I had been there 2 hours before and given up on them, I am thankful for the tracker. :D

Sharp10r on
  • Options
    AoiAoi Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    BlackDog85 wrote:
    Well, here's the deal:

Amazon is supposed to be throwing them up sometime in the next couple hours. Site camping is much easier than store camping I would imagine ;)

Aoi on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Sharp10r wrote:
    BlackDog85 wrote:
    Well, here's the deal:

The tracking site LED me to my Wii at Target yesterday with the tip that someone spotted Wiis there an hour ago. Granted I live 1 minute from Target, but considering I had been there 2 hours before and given up on them, I am thankful for the tracker. :D

Damn, very nice.

And I've got my fingers hovering right over Refresh on the Amazon Wii page, believe me. :)

BlackDog85 on
    KeithBeKnives.png
This discussion has been closed.