As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Computer Mouse weirdness. [Solved]

AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened OptimistThe Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
edited November 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
This one has me baffled. =/

About a week ago, my mouse just started freezing randomly. The buttons wouldn't work (as far as I could tell), the mousewheel wouldn't work, and the movement wouldn't work. Yet the optics on the bottom were still on full.

The mouse is a Logitech MX510... And if I unplug and re-plug it back into the USB, it works as soon as the computer realizes it's been unplugged and re-plugged in.

Sometimes it will work for quite a few hours without trouble, and sometimes it will luck up like this within a minute of the last time it locked up. I really, really can't figure out what's up with this. I have some theories, but I want to hear what other people think before posting them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
Athenor on

• ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Have you tried using another mouse, and/or another USB port?

It could be the USB port.

Thanatos on
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I have not, as of yet.

Can the USB port really go bad? I'll be frank, my computer is showing weirdness across the board, and it's kind of ticking me off. =/

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Hm. I changed the port, and seemed to have the problem more.

Then I looked at the optical lens, and there was some hair on it. I blew it off, and it appears to be working now... so I guess this is solved.

Athenor on