As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Today is the day!

1585960616264»

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    BusterK wrote: »
    Blake's so angry he's lost the ability to use proper syntax
    I am just in a shitty modd this morning.

Blake T on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    aw, damn, we talkin' huntin' and guns up in this piece?

Metzger Meister on
  • CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    And honestly if you view deer as anything other than rats with hooves, you've never lived in a place where there are lots of deer.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    tfs a piece of advice about moving to canada

you might want to keep that whole "power fetish" viewpoint of yours to yourself when talking to canadians that aren't a bunch of liberal students

a lot of canadians aren't hunters themselves, but have friends or relatives who are, and won't exactly take kindly to that thing

you'd just cause people to treat you like an ignorant american

haha what the hell

hunting is stupid when you don't eat the meat and fishing is stupid when you are just torturing the fish

i tell the hunters i know this all the time and they are all "i don't... i don't even give a shit!"

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    swampfart

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Blaket wrote: »

It's 8:42 at night...

msuitepyon on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited March 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
    edited March 2009
    And honestly if you view deer as anything other than rats with hooves, you've never lived in a place where there are lots of deer.

I do hate the fact that at night there is a good chance I'll plow into one.

msuitepyon on
    edited March 2009
    Then I guess you better learn to photosynthesize, and then teach me that trick.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
    edited March 2009
    My position on animal killing is they are okay to kill so long as you do not decimate them

leave enough left to perpetuate the species and shit

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    i find all life extremely important to

but sometimes i make exceptions

the dalai lama said it was cool occasionally

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    pony tfs is moving to vancouver, I think she'll be able to blend in pretty easily

Meissnerd on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    msuitepyon wrote: »

Fantastic work genius.

Is everyone else in the world also fat, ugly and lonely?

We aren't all just like you you know.

Blake T on
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »
    My position on animal killing is they are okay to kill so long as you do not decimate them

HELLO WELCOME TO WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT AND CONSERVATION 101

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
    edited March 2009
    the only animal I am not okay with killing are cats

fuck people who kill cats

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    if you wanna be really bitchy yeah stepping on grass is exerting power on it in some miniscule way

just saying that killing something, tearing its guts out, and then eating the leftovers is a crazy powerful thing.

i can agree with that

but does that exertion of power make it a bad thing or speak poorly of the person who does it or enjoys it

building a house clears land of wildlife and plants and has a massive if not irrevocable effect on the local ecosystem

would a man who took pride in building his own house be considered a "power fetishist"?

TFS i am not trying to turn this into a larger judgment of you as a person but you seem to imply you got a serious problem with any person feeling dominant or powerful in any fashion

correct me if i am wrong here
    no this is pretty accurate

i have a hate-on for basically anybody forcibly taking a life (by hunting of deer, or capital punishment of people, things like that) so it ends up seeping into my personality and deep distrust for people who desprately want power over somebody else

oops.

alright, fine

but why is that

i mean surely you've got a reason for feeling this way on the subject

there's gotta be reasons or events in your life that caused you to form this opinion

Pony on
    edited March 2009

Fantastic work genius.

Is everyone else in the world also fat, ugly and lonely?

We aren't all just like you you know.

Dear lord. Lighten up. I know you're half a world away. I'm just messing with you.

msuitepyon on
    edited March 2009
    conversely, tfs you better get over your fuck the police attitude if you're moving to vancouver, especially with the incredible upsurge of gang violence there!

Meissnerd on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

may kill anywhere from 1-9% or 11-100%

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited March 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Do you guys like impersonations?

Darth Waiter on
    edited March 2009

I do hate the fact that at night there is a good chance I'll plow into one.

Or when they go into the garden by the dozen, and on a calm night you can just hear them munching away.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

everyone in the internet is so desensitized to human gore and shit but all of a sudden when they see dead cats they freak the fuck out

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Little Jim wrote: »

you might want to keep that whole "power fetish" viewpoint of yours to yourself when talking to canadians that aren't a bunch of liberal students

a lot of canadians aren't hunters themselves, but have friends or relatives who are, and won't exactly take kindly to that thing

haha what the hell

hunting is stupid when you don't eat the meat and fishing is stupid when you are just torturing the fish

i tell the hunters i know this all the time and they are all "i don't... i don't even give a shit!"

yeah because hunting isn't a cultural herritage thing. passed down from father to son and shared with family and friends, and hunters aren't closer to nature than most other average citizens.

i can agree that hunting and fishing is a much more noble pursuit when you consume the meat, but it's pretty EXTREMELY illegal to just lop the horns/antlers off of something and leave it to rot. Shit, I know trophy hunters who don't eat game meat and donate all the meat from their kills to the local homeless shelter, or the local reservation (native americans prefer game animals to beef, generally, so they appreciate it.)

Metzger Meister on
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

If you fell in the shower
    Your cat would totally eat you
    Wouldn't even hesitate
    At least a dog would wait a day or two

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
    edited March 2009
    Dichotomy wrote: »

may kill anywhere from 1-9% or 11-100%

:^:

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
    edited March 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • VorusVorus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I don't mind hunting because moose are fucking dangerous

Vorus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Koshian wrote: »
    I think hunting is okay because I don't believe life has any sort of intrinsic value

So by that rationale you're ok with someone killing you?

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Here's some impersonations for your asses:

Dead Legend
    _44543795_charlton_heston_nra466ap.jpg

The Far Side
    broken-record.jpg

Me
    drunk.jpg

Darth Waiter on
    edited March 2009
    Zephyr wrote: »

everyone in the internet is so desensitized to human gore and shit but all of a sudden when they see dead cats they freak the fuck out

It's one thing I find hillarious about movies.

You can be bad as you want.

Murdering dudes left and right, selling drugs.

But if you want to show that they are evil?

Have them kick a dog.

Blake T on
    edited March 2009
    Also, have you ever actually shot a squirrel with a high-powered rifle? It's the best form of pest control ever.
    Pink mist.

Metzger Meister on
    edited March 2009
    Koshian wrote: »
    I think hunting is okay because I don't believe life has any sort of intrinsic value

So by that rationale you're ok with someone killing you?

I'll be over shortly.

msuitepyon on
    edited March 2009
    Little Jim wrote: »

haha what the hell

yeah because hunting isn't a cultural herritage thing. passed down from father to son and shared with family and friends, and hunters aren't closer to nature than most other average citizens.

i can agree that hunting and fishing is a much more noble pursuit when you consume the meat, but it's pretty EXTREMELY illegal to just lop the horns/antlers off of something and leave it to rot. Shit, I know trophy hunters who don't eat game meat and donate all the meat from their kills to the local homeless shelter, or the local reservation (native americans prefer game animals to beef, generally, so they appreciate it.)

that second part i agree with, but i want to point out that the first part can be applied to female circumcision in africa.

i'm not comparing the two since one is done on humans and one is done to animals, but the reasoning is the same, isn't it

Meissnerd on
    edited March 2009

[Deleted User] on
This discussion has been closed.