As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Looking for a reasonably priced ~37" HDTV

dmaurodmauro Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
My girlfriend is trying to get a new TV. It needs to be wall mountable because she doesn't have much room. She won't be playing games on it so input lag and screen refresh rate aren't a priority. She wants something about 37" or so and widescreen format. What are some models we should be looking at? Thanks.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
dmauro on

• ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Vizio is one of the best low-priced sets out there.
    Start with Amazon.com and their TV section, give it's system the size/price/etc to narrow it down.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Vizio is one of the best low-priced sets out there.
    In terms of bang for the buck, I've heard a lot of good things about Vizio. They tend to be a little more expensive than the cheapest budget models, but definitely cheaper than the bigger name brands. They've carved out a nice little niche in the middle there with a great balance between price, features and quality.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Visio and Insignia are both really good. I have a 47" Insignia set that I'm absolutely in love with.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'll third Vizio depending on the budget, but if you want a nicer screen, Samsung has some sets that aren't far off in price (maybe $100-150 more expensive).

For instance,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889102216

OremLK on