Options

Where is my Captain Planet reboot?

2

Posts

  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    Nogs wrote: »
    i'm actually a registered planeteer

    Go hug a tree or summat.

    Better hug it goodbye, 'cause that fucker is coming DOWN.

    DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    Nogs wrote: »
    i'm actually a registered planeteer

    Go hug a tree or summat.

    Better hug it goodbye, 'cause that fucker is coming DOWN.

    Being used to make your fancy soft toilet paper.

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/feb/26/toilet-roll-america
    The tenderness of the delicate American buttock is causing more environmental devastation than the country's love of gas-guzzling cars, fast food or McMansions, according to green campaigners. At fault, they say, is the US public's insistence on extra-soft, quilted and multi-ply products when they use the bathroom.

    Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Cry some more Guardian. I got a medical condition, nothing but the best touches this guy's behind.

    DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    ackack Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Sometimes Captain Planet is on really late at night. I'll watch it for about five seconds before I remember how awful it actually was.

    ack on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Isa wrote: »
    16knnfp.jpg

    live-action movie is the only way to go

    Starring Kevin Bacon.

    Bloods End on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Hah i love how they don't even try to show Ma-ti's power in action in that youtube.

    KalTorak on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Voltron, Thundercats, then a Captain Planet reboot.

    Look, I loved these as a kid as much as the next guy (except Captain Planet, I hated that crap), but these shows were really terrible.

    The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Sell the rights to saban so that the planeters are all Super Sentai and Captain Planet is the giant robot they summon.

    I'm surprised this hasn't been done already.

    Jimothy on
  • Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Wasn't this the cartoon where it was explained that Ireland's crisis was only because people had different, funny sounding accents?

    EDIT: Well, I did remember wrong, but this Belfast thing is still pretty hilarious:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJrovKgrTw

    elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    KilljoyKilljoy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    did that boy just kill half a city, then get to start a bakery?

    Killjoy on
  • Options
    DarkHawkeDarkHawke Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    No, this is what needs rebooting:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5168yjG3Qw

    DarkHawke on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    YESSSSSSSS CENTURIONS

    Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The Geek wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Voltron, Thundercats, then a Captain Planet reboot.

    Look, I loved these as a kid as much as the next guy (except Captain Planet, I hated that crap), but these shows were really terrible.

    They could be good if they were rebooted. Sure, Voltron hasn't had a good track record with reboots, but they have a chance.

    Antimatter on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »
    The Geek wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Voltron, Thundercats, then a Captain Planet reboot.

    Look, I loved these as a kid as much as the next guy (except Captain Planet, I hated that crap), but these shows were really terrible.

    They could be good if they were rebooted. Sure, Voltron hasn't had a good track record with reboots, but they have a chance.

    I suppose so, since the TMNT and He-Man reboots were very well done.

    The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    they need to reboot exosquad

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjiQ7xzRmDU

    Kovak on
  • Options
    GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Kovak wrote: »
    captain pornet

    have...



    have they made this?

    I am now looking at captain planet porn.

    So yes.

    They have made this.

    Graves on
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    is it live action

    Kovak on
  • Options
    GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    No.

    Graves on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    What we need is a C.O.P.S. Reboot.

    I loved this show.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxQagE62_zI

    Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204


  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    it doesnt really count if its not live action

    theres porn of everything in drawn form

    Kovak on
  • Options
    GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    There is live action L4D porn.

    Left 4 Head.

    Graves on
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    i watched it on backwards computer

    it was kinda low budget

    and then it got weird

    Kovak on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Bucketman on
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Nogs wrote: »
    i'm actually a registered planeteer

    the burger king kids club is much more exclusive

    Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Anyone else remember the evil version of Captain Planet, Captain Pollution?

    Antimatter on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Oh and if were talking about rebooting shows, besides Reboot which needs to finish its god damn story lines damn it then also this:

    Jets are awesome

    Bucketman on
  • Options
    GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Kovak wrote: »
    i watched it on backwards computer

    it was kinda low budget

    and then it got weird

    I like that they used sound effects from the game.

    On that note my gf often hums

    This

    and it freaks me out.

    I hate witches.

    Graves on
  • Options
    futilityfutility Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2009
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Oh and if were talking about rebooting shows, besides Reboot which needs to finish its god damn story lines damn it then also this:

    Jets are awesome

    no

    futility on
  • Options
    Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Before anymore rebooting, they need to finish Pirates of Dark Water.

    Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    scarlet ave.scarlet ave. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    futility wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    futility wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Eco-friendly fad is for adults now not for kids.

    Part of my livelihood says otherwise

    Well that explains why you're so poor off.

    Yes, I work for a non-profit. Hooray.

    Your username is perfect.

    scarlet ave. on
  • Options
    scarlet ave.scarlet ave. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Kovak wrote: »
    they need to reboot exosquad

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjiQ7xzRmDU

    Fuck yes! St. and I spent a summer rewatching this shit, the background story for that show was amazing.

    scarlet ave. on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Before anymore rebooting, they need to finish Pirates of Dark Water.

    YES god that show was awesome.

    The_Scarab on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The first season of Captain Planet had a fuckton of celebrities. Jeff Goldblum, Meg Ryan, etc

    Moriveth on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »
    The first season of Captain Planet had a fuckton of celebrities. Jeff Goldblum, Meg Ryan, etc

    The episode titled "A Formula For Hate" (1992) was unique for the series in that it did not deal with environmental pollution or destruction. It was also the first episode in an American children's animated series to directly deal with the AIDS-HIV pandemic. In the episode, Verminous Skumm brainwashes a local community into thinking the virus can be spread through casual contact, and thus causing people to hate and fear a young man, infected with HIV, named Todd (Neil Patrick Harris).

    The_Scarab on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    The first season of Captain Planet had a fuckton of celebrities. Jeff Goldblum, Meg Ryan, etc

    The episode titled "A Formula For Hate" (1992) was unique for the series in that it did not deal with environmental pollution or destruction. It was also the first episode in an American children's animated series to directly deal with the AIDS-HIV pandemic. In the episode, Verminous Skumm brainwashes a local community into thinking the virus can be spread through casual contact, and thus causing people to hate and fear a young man, infected with HIV, named Todd (Neil Patrick Harris).

    daaaang

    Antimatter on
  • Options
    KilljoyKilljoy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    who'd you do?

    jack nicholson or meg ryan?

    Killjoy on
  • Options
    Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Jeff Goldblum, I would do him in a heartbeat. then he can read me to sleep afterwards.

    Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm seriously amazed that Captain Planet has not been converted into a movie or been revived yet...

    Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    elkatas wrote: »
    Wasn't this the cartoon where it was explained that Ireland's crisis was only because people had different, funny sounding accents?

    EDIT: Well, I did remember wrong, but this Belfast thing is still pretty hilarious:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJrovKgrTw

    While I really hate how they oversimplified these issues I give them credit for giving any time to the issue though when most kids in America had no idea what the hell was going on. Though I hate having to explain that there isn't a line down the middle of Belfast separating the sides like in the bedroom of fighting siblings.

    VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    emericanaemericana Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I wasn't allowed to watch Captain Planet

    it was liberal propaganda

    who says that to a 6 year old

    emericana on
Sign In or Register to comment.