Options

Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder

1235»

• Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I gotta say, this was probably my favorite of the post-series movies. It meandered everywhere, and it wasn't as tightly written as any of the normal episodes, but it still felt more like a part of the actual series.

Was anyone else really expecting the
    Dark Ones and Encyclopods to be the Niblonians and the Brains? I mean, two species as old as the universe, one evolved to devour all other life the other being called Encyclopods.

Granted, they telegraphed the leech from damn near the beginning of the movie, but I still...

DE?AD on
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I saw this yesterday, it was pretty good. I agree with De?ad in that it did feel like the series.

Ivar on
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Futurama is one of the best shows ever created. I would also argue that the best episode is Crimes of the Hot (or the clover/Seymour one, if you're into the sappy episodes).

I have only seen the first movie. When the last one comes out (is it out?) I am going to get the last three and watch them in succession. I have a large group of friends that love this show and it will be g. times.

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Options
    ackack Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    yeah it's out, but the middle two are kinda weak

you should still watch them, i guess

ack on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'm not expecting a ton. The first was a slight let down, but I love the characters too much to not enjoy it at all.

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Options
    Darkness MundusDarkness Mundus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Man last I saw a Futurama movie at a store it was like 30 bucks. Fuck that noise.

Darkness Mundus on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Bender's Game was remarkably awful.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I've got a degree in homeopathic medicine!

YOU'VE GOT A DEGREE IN BALONEY! *hose*

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Options
    ackack Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    i really can't think of a better non sappy episode

you win, J. ham

ack on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    JohnHam wrote: »
    I've got a degree in homeopathic medicine!

YOU'VE GOT A DEGREE IN BALONEY! *hose*

Hahaha yes

Ivar on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    "Sea Cattle of Seattle!"

"Not your strong suit, woman."

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'm going to collect cans on Jupiter.

PEACE OUT, YA'LL!

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Options
    msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I loved all the post-series movies. I want what Billy West was talking about in that movie someone posted a few pages back: more seasons. Fox really fucked up when they canceled Futurama.

msuitepyon on
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    With the quality of production and great cast appreciation of the series not to mention each other, and a revived popularity

Man, Fox could absolutely SMOKE most of their competition if they'd get their management decisions straight.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Futurama is one of the best shows ever created. I would also argue that the best episode is Crimes of the Hot (or the clover/Seymour one, if you're into the sappy episodes).

I have only seen the first movie. When the last one comes out (is it out?) I am going to get the last three and watch them in succession. I have a large group of friends that love this show and it will be g. times.

Is Crimes of the Hot the one where Bender steals the $10,000 cigar and Fry drinks 100 cups of coffee?

'Cos that episode made me laugh 'till I cried.

Whereas the Seymour ep. just made me cry like a little bitch...

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Is Crimes of the Hot the one where Bender steals the $10,000 cigar and Fry drinks 100 cups of coffee?

No, Crimes of the Hot is where Nixon tries to kill all the robots in the world at once because they pollute too damn much

Ivar on
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I always really liked the final episode

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ah, Bender! what a pleasant surprise. for you! finding me in the refrigerator!

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited March 2009
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »

I'm going to go ahead and say that's my second-favorite episode, just under Godfellas.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Larlar wrote: »

I'm going to go ahead and say that's my second-favorite episode, just under Godfellas.

Larlar, did you know that Gamblings wrong, and so is cheating, so is forging phony IOUs?

(I memorizied the song because I've seen it way to many times)

Bucketman on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

It really is a great episode.

"You know, I only put my name there for good measure."

"Stop being a baby and chop my hands off!"

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited March 2009
    Bucketman wrote: »

Larlar, did you know that Gamblings wrong, and so is cheating, so is forging phony IOUs?

Wrong episode, stupid. Why are you so stupid, jeez.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

that was also a good episode as well though

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

gif-Bender.gif

Bucketman on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

that was also a good episode as well though

Fine, he can have the smaller silver fiddle. Also, I guess I'll infract one of you.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    No, Bender! This is Fry's choice!

And he made it wrong, so let's go meddle in his life.

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    I just saw benders game last night. I've really liked all of the movies but I do still like the episodes better.

Futurama is probably one of my favorite tv shows of all time.

Grath on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

the devil's hands are idle playthings is the last episode

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

55440_formatted_seymour.gif

Grath on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited March 2009
    bender's big score kind of took a lot of the power of the seymour episode away

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Ness445Ness445 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    and it had those terrible scammer aliens.

I really didn't like those guys.

Ness445 on
    4445.gif
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah I loved the coffe episode and the clover episode. My favorite cartoon series, I had started watching into the green yonder until my fucking tv blew up.

I was about 1/3 of the way through I think, but I enjyoed what I had seen so far
    Had just gotten to the large mini golf :P

Dixon on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Yeah I don't know why they would do that.

Some short-term gain from a new episode, by taking away the impact of one of the most well remembered.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited March 2009
    I like to think that the paradox removal fixed all of that seymour stuff.

It had to, its science

Grath on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    you never saw seymour die and he was found standing up

stop complaining about anachronisms in a show that already had time-travel in which a man becomes his own grandfather

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    JoonJoon Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Goatmon wrote: »

Some short-term gain from a new episode, by taking away the impact of one of the most well remembered.

I think they partly did it because Seymour seemed to die as he lie down but he was fast-fossilized while standing. They resolved that little problem by having Seymour stand up and get caught in Bender's blast.

Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yeah but all the stuff with his Nephew had to also be "fixed" because his nephew never knew him. I figure the whole load of crap about the paradox removal was simply and blatantly their way of dealing (or not dealing) with any of the plot holes that would have developed due to the time travel.

its futurama goddamnit you don't need to over-analyze shit.

Grath on
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    so wal-mart has the seasons of this for real cheap nearby

I think I'm gonna splurg on a few of them. Volume 4 is the last one, right? I love the last season

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Joon wrote: »
    Goatmon wrote: »

I think they partly did it because Seymour seemed to die as he lie down but he was fast-fossilized while standing. They resolved that little problem by having Seymour stand up and get caught in Bender's blast.

I am apparently the only person who was really pleased with the Seymour resolution in Bender's Big Score? Because when I first saw that episode and the end rolled around, I was waiting for the punchline... and waiting... and waiting... and suddenly I realized that this was the most horribly upsetting ending of anything that ended, ever. Worse than when they shoot everyone in The Great Escape.

I mean, for dramatic purposes I understand how the punch was pulled retroactively, but from a sympathy standpoint I was like "AGH I HATE YOU WORLD" after that episode and refused to watch it whenever it was on.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN