As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rubber Nipples: Comic Movies, Games, and Television

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    PhoneBone wrote: »
    I had to look up Christina Hendricks and although I love me some Famke Jansen, this Christina person seems a more appropriate Jean Grey. Sometimes I wonder why reality can't be more like the MU? There'd be hot redheads everywhere! :P

Yeah. For anyone who hasn't yet, it's because she's a natural redhead with green eyes and large breasts. So basically she is Jean Grey.
    ESQUIRE UK (March 2009)

1EsVlj3OEk483j8wPJNfZZweo1_500.jpg

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I've never found Jean Grey's breast size to be all that integral to the character.

Unless she used them to beat Mr. Sinister at some point.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hellooooooooooo Nurse.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I've never found Jean Grey's breast size to be all that integral to the character.

Unless she used them to beat Mr. Sinister at some point.
    Are you being paid to give Greg Land ideas?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Not to be nit picky, but I didn't think Jean Grey had that big of boobs to begin with.

Now, Ms Marvel, she's got back problems up the wazoo.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Faynor wrote: »
    You can try and twist my words, but even after I said what was arguably racist I clarified it. You wanna grow up, or you going to keep throwing it around every time I post?

hell, boy. you start talking like the incompetent white antagonist from a blaxploitation flick, I thought it only appropriate that you receive negative social response from it.

how else you gonna learn?

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Not to be nit picky, but I didn't think Jean Grey had that big of boobs to begin with.

Must be why shes bending over so awkwardly in Mighty Avengers or whatever it was last week.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    You can try and twist my words, but even after I said what was arguably racist I clarified it. You wanna grow up, or you going to keep throwing it around every time I post?

hell, boy. you start talking like the incompetent white antagonist from a blaxploitation flick, I thought it only appropriate that you receive negative social response from it.

Except that's not how it went down, at all. I voiced annoyance at what I viewed as inconsistency when most of what they use in the movies is 616 and then they used Ultimate Nick Fury. It's not like I came in and said, "Ugh, black actors make me sick! If only Samuel Jackson were white, he'd be AWESOME! Anyone been to a Klan meeting lately? We all read comics about awesome white people!"

You can continue to exaggerate what I said and make stupid comments, as is your prerogative, or you can stop. Either way, I clarified it for you again.
    Must be why shes bending over so awkwardly in Mighty Avengers or whatever it was last week.

Well, with her powers shorting out lately, maybe she needs her super strength to heft them around.

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Man, I got kicked out of the last Klan meeting I went to. I just calmly explained that there weren't enough snacks and that if everyone chipped in some money I would go down and get some microwave burritos. But non of the bums would lend me any money. And I spilled grape juice on some dudes robe.

It was boring anyway. And I was picking up some real racist undertones there.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009

what the fuck are you talking about. stop it right now.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Servo wrote: »

what the fuck are you talking about. stop it right now.

i just want to clarify that this is not a joke. i read the thread you're referring to. if i or geebs had thought he was a racist or expressing racist ideas, we would have dealt with it. harassing a fellow forumer with accusations of racism across threads makes you look like a dick, and i know you're not a dick.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    My bad, boss.

Only intended as light-hearted ragging. Nothing more.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Hell, apparently we killed the thread.

Up for discussion: your ideal casting for actors or directors for comic movies.

The DCAU always made me want to see a young Steve McQueen as Metallo.

Also, I think Wizard suggested it like a decade ago, but Anthony Hopkins in the early 90s would've been a pretty rad Wolverine. (IIRC, they also suggested Danzing for AoA Wolvie)

I'd also dig a Robert Rodriguez directed Power Pack or a Guy Ritchie directed X-Factor.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited March 2009
    christopher nolan should direct every movie am I right

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'd watch a grim-dark Christopher Nolan directed Power Pack.

Faynor on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    julie power as a crack whore and katie power has a massive meth problem

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    edited March 2009
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Really? It seemed like one of those things that was so obvious no one ever bothered to mention it, especially around the time Jim Lee came onboard.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Spoilered due to images. I guess they're okay. Maybe I never really noticed? I'm certainly not going to have a debate over it :P. There were a few Land covers that I excluded because, well, it probably depended on whatever model he traced.
    Jean-Grey-Card.jpg

jean_grey.jpg

Jean_Grey.jpg

358px-jean_grey_013.jpg

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    welllll, i don't know if we need a whole conversation on jean grey's boobs.

though i will be the first to admit that christina hendricks is the hottest

edit- by that of course i mean a conversation regarding jean grey's boobs, not one which takes place on top of jean grey's boobs

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    But, in the event of her resurrection, they're the only true way to discover doppelgangers.

Faynor on
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I never really thought about it specifically given how women in comics are generally drawn, but I guess I can't say I've ever really seen her as presented with more than "average" when compared to other comic women. Which is still huge, but you know... comic bodies.

And yes, I did feel extremely silly typing that out.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Imagine how silly I felt looking up photos for reference.

Anyways, derail over. How about the Brave and the Bold finale this Friday, huh. Is it bad if I like Owlman-Batman's costume more than Batman-Batman?

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    So, I just booked my ticket to see Watchmen and I'm pretty excited. 28 hours and counting :D

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    The midnight showing? You're a brave sort. I'm going on Saturday in the afternoon.

(I did the math right, right?)

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Nope, the 6pm showing after work (I'm in Australia)

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    You know, it didn't sound quite right when I typed it out, but I decided just to pretend it was. Silly question, but, will it be Friday in Australia then, or do movies come out on a different day for you?

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    They come out on Thursdays for us, and we're ahead of the US by about 16 hours or so timewise I believe (give or take depending on where you are of course)

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, I've got tickets for the 1:00 Friday afternoon. Hopefully I'll miss the mouthbreathing midnight-crowd.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Owlman as Batman is pretty much First Appearance Batman. With the mask that is kind of helmety with the ears far back on his head and the purple gloves.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The Wonder Woman DTV is the best DTV, on either side, so far.

And I don't even like Wonder Woman.

Seriously, you guys should all run out and get it. Gail Simone even wrote it.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I thought it was pretty neat.

devoir on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

I'd be strangely comfortable with this.

Especially if Christian Bale were cast in all of them too.

To rip off Kevin Smith, Nolan should remake Jaws, and cast Christian Bale as the shark.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    In the OP games section, don't forget the Batman: Arkham Asylum game that's coming out (I think) this summer.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Forar wrote: »

I'd be strangely comfortable with this.

Especially if Christian Bale were cast in all of them too.

To rip off Kevin Smith, Nolan should remake Jaws, and cast Christian Bale as the shark.

dun dun dun dun

dun dun dun dun

DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN

*CHRISTIAN BALE*

I'd watch it.

desc on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    i got tickets to watchmen for sunday 1pm. my bud im going with isnt in town until late saturday, but it works out not having to deal with the opening night crowds which i surely would have if i could.

Angry on
  • Options
    DraXXXenDraXXXen Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    2 hours of Megan Fox, wet, in tiny swimsuits.

Prediction: The amount of wood this movie will induce will cause the earth to shift off its axis. Like millions of small rudders suddenly steering the planet towards doom.

Medan Fox is Fathom

DraXXXen on
    donutMachine.jpg
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, that was inspired casting.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Man, if we have to have a love interest in Jonah Hex I wish it would be Tallulah Black, not some generic gun-wielding beauty.

I'm also slightly apprehensive about the villain being a white voodoo practitioner, but the fact that he's being played by Malkovich makes it okay.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yeah. Megan Fox is really one of the last people I want to see in a Jonah Hex movie.

Bloods End on
This discussion has been closed.