"What's going on?"
"I don't know, but it's weird and it's pissed off."
When a lone dog runs into a research outpost, tailed by a pair of crazy [strike]Swedes[/strike] Norwegians in a helicopter who have a fondness for firing rifles and throwing grenades at it, the team of scientists, mechanics and pilots realise they're in trouble.
This is a MiniPhalla. It's sort of like a Phalla
only on a smaller scale.
This Phalla takes place in US Outpost 31, in the frozen wastes of the antarctic. A familiarity with the movie is going to help, but it isn't essential. I'm aiming this Phalla to be more roleplayed than some, and there'll be something for everyone to do every day beyond just voting, so I'm hoping inactivity won't be an issue. There's a shapechanging alien on the loose in the complex, which can mimic any living creature perfectly after absorbing and changing their biomass, converting them into another Thing. The team has to find them, and eliminate them, otherwise Real Bad Things will happen when the shift change arrives in a few months.
Sign up in a colour. Any colour. No, really. Any colour.
All of the standard rules apply, with some extra mechanics.
No screen caps, no anonymous contact, no living talking to the dead, etc.
Every one will vote for someone in Bold Cyan
each day to take 'The Test' (to be described in the narration), to see if they're human or otherwise. If they're human, nothing happens. If they're a Thing, they get torched on the spot. I would ask that you retract in Bold Lime
, because that would be real helpful, y'know?.
Vote close is 10pm GMT
Clarifications should be asked in Bold Orange
All proboard links should be sent to me. There probably won't be any need for them, though.
This is going to be a small, small game. 12 people, plus reserves. It's also going to be more about paranoia/roleplay/interaction than just voting for TehSpectre
, then checking the thread the next day to see if you're dead. Everyone will have something to do every night! You are ALL special(s), in effect. So, if you're unable to be active a few hours before (and possibly after) voteclose, or at least when everyone else is
, or you're not the sort of person to have a little roleplay with your Phalla, you might not enjoy this as much as someone that would do that sort of thing.
- Yes, this is a conversion Phalla. The Thing can turn you into another Thing, and then that Thing can convert people into other Things... you get the idea. Exactly how this happens, I'm keeping quiet, but it will be affected by some of the other mechanics, such as...
- Every day, you will be able to 'associate' with as many other players as you want for the night. Of course, they all have to agree to it, and I'd encourage you to discuss who's looking out for who each night in the thread. The advantages of 'association' are that, in a group, you're harder to 'convert'. However, if you're in a group with The Thing(s), it's going to be easier, though there is a chance others in the group may notice. And that's paranoia. Alone? You're all but a sitting duck. Though if The Thing comes for you, the group it's meant to be associating with may notice.
- Every day (night?), you will have the power to check out that person you really don't trust. If they do something out of the ordinary, like say, sprout tentacles and thrust them into the warm, welcoming flesh of one of your fellow outpostians, you'll probably notice. Probably.
Vote close is 10pm GMT
. Any votes after this will not count. Hopefully, I'll get this filled up and started on Thursday.
Day 1 Narration.
Day 2 Narration.
Day 3 Narration.
Day 4 Narration.
Day 5 Narration.
1) Celebrim - Nauls
2) [strike]Crimson Coyote[/strike] Wildcat - Dr Blair
6) The_Reflection - Norris
7) B:L - MacReady
8) kuhlmeye - Palmer
9) [strike]Rainfall[/strike] Witch Doctor, DBM - Fuchs
10) Frostmist - Clark
1) [strike]Witchdoctor, DBM[/strike]
2) [Strike]The Lawinator[/strike]
3) MacGuffin - Windows - Human
4) Element Brian - Doctor Copper - One of those Things
5) Bliss 101 - Garry - One of those Things
11) [strike]Maximus[/strike] TheLawinator - Childs - One of those Things
12) Tommy2Hands - Bennings - Human