As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Comic: 3-4-09

12346»

• Options
    ackack Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Exactly! Listening to the new D&D podcasts now, too.

ack on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Caulk Bite wrote: »
    I'm actually a bit disappointed that Pony has all but abandoned 4e, in favour of kit bashing World of Darkness.

I mean, I can understand that it's far easier to DM, especially after the stroke and such, but still.

I spent like a hundred bucks on these books. Just gathering dust.

Considering that D&D is the most popular tabletop RPG, you should have no problem finding people in real life to play with.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You'd think so, but there's so much shame attached. Wrongfully attached, might I add.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I just started listening to the first part of the previous D&D session they did (not the new one). I'm sitting in the office trying not to laugh out loud, but it ain't easy. It really makes me want to play D&D again, I haven't played in 2 years or so.

Ivar on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You'd think so, but there's so much shame attached. Wrongfully attached, might I add.

Nah, DnD doesn't have the same stigma it used to. It's just that you should never, ever talk about it openly in public.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ^ This is correct. My wife gets a pained expression on her face everytime I talk to her about it.

I just joined a D&D group (never played any tabletop games before) but we're doing a Hackmaster campaign instead. Hackmaster styles itself as a parody of D&D, but it also has super-realistic gameplay. I made my Dwarf character last night - he's deaf.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    DragonicityDragonicity Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I've never had the pleasure of playing D&D mainly due to the issue of not knowing many that actually would play it.

Always wanted to. We used to play Hero Quest, me and my brother, and whomever we could con into it. That was hard enough to get people to play.

Matrix, can I be your friend, and you show me the wonders of this table top rpg?

Dragonicity on
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Matrix and Dragoncity need to hit a motherfucker up the next time they wanna get their game on. We're running one Scion game currently (shut up and stop laughing) and starting an Eberron campaign (3.5) in about a month or so.

EDIT: The game's are in Lewisville and Plano, respectively.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    DragonicityDragonicity Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I currently live in Plano, but looking for a new place to live May 1.

May have something lined up, but not in stone, but it would be in Uptown.

Long story short, I'm around that side of town. Lets hook up and game on.

Dragonicity on
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ack wrote: »
    Somebody should make an internet game that I can join.
    www.worldofwarcraft.com

jwalk on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ^ This is correct. My wife gets a pained expression on her face everytime I talk to her about it.

I just joined a D&D group (never played any tabletop games before) but we're doing a Hackmaster campaign instead. Hackmaster styles itself as a parody of D&D, but it also has super-realistic gameplay. I made my Dwarf character last night - he's deaf.

my fiance was mad at me for playing, because she wanted to play too! That was the best problem to have ever. Then she played in a Cthulu d20 game with me and she was the only person who survived Dagon's horrible wrath at the end.

Langly on
  • Options
    Ness445Ness445 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Langly wrote: »

my fiance was mad at me for playing, because she wanted to play too! That was the best problem to have ever. Then she played in a Cthulu d20 game with me and she was the only person who survived Dagon's horrible wrath at the end.
    I'd find this kinda unsettling myself.

Like one night you find her chanting Ia! Ia! Ry'leh! Cthulu! Ftagn!

Ness445 on
    4445.gif
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Matrix and Dragoncity need to hit a motherfucker up the next time they wanna get their game on. We're running one Scion game currently (shut up and stop laughing) and starting an Eberron campaign (3.5) in about a month or so.

hey man, lemme know what sort of schedule you guys are running, i'd be willing to drive up for that

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I've never had the pleasure of playing D&D mainly due to the issue of not knowing many that actually would play it.

Always wanted to. We used to play Hero Quest, me and my brother, and whomever we could con into it. That was hard enough to get people to play.

Matrix, can I be your friend, and you show me the wonders of this table top rpg?

For reals. This Friday at 7pm at http://www.xmaxgames.com/ (right around skillman and ross) we're building our characters. I know Friday night kinda sucks, but it's a one off thing while we build them.

The schedule is every other sunday 2:30 - 7/8 and will only run until June 7. At that point we can decide to disband, try a new game, etc.

March 8, 15,29
    April12,16
    May10, 24
    June 7

The game itself might be held at a house in Plano and the xmax store, alternating.

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9078 check "chris house"'s post.

Anyone can PM me for more details, manuals, etc.

John Matrix on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I currently live in Plano, but looking for a new place to live May 1.

May have something lined up, but not in stone, but it would be in Uptown.

Long story short, I'm around that side of town. Lets hook up and game on.

Wtf IS IT with everyone who plays D&D living in Plano? No love for north/SMU area?

John Matrix on
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Mysst wrote: »

hey man, lemme know what sort of schedule you guys are running, i'd be willing to drive up for that

Alternating weekends, this Saturday would be Eberron and next Sunday would be Scion. Unfortunately, I don't know how many people our DM can handle without an assistant. We're all experienced gamers and whatnot, but we're trying to keep it maxed at eight players. So far, I think we're booked, but it could change.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Caulk Bite wrote: »
    I'm actually a bit disappointed that Pony has all but abandoned 4e, in favour of kit bashing World of Darkness.

I mean, I can understand that it's far easier to DM, especially after the stroke and such, but still.

I spent like a hundred bucks on these books. Just gathering dust.

Considering that D&D is the most popular tabletop RPG, you should have no problem finding people in real life to play with.

I could, but I rather like the group I'm with.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    ShisouKenShisouKen Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Damn @ that sklap :shock:

ShisouKen on
  • Options
    PkmoutlPkmoutl Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm going to print up a huge version of this comic and put it up in our rec room.

Pkmoutl on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Futore wrote: »
    make it sklap

- sean paul

i love this post

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

For reals. This Friday at 7pm at http://www.xmaxgames.com/ (right around skillman and ross) we're building our characters. I know Friday night kinda sucks, but it's a one off thing while we build them.

The schedule is every other sunday 2:30 - 7/8 and will only run until June 7. At that point we can decide to disband, try a new game, etc.

March 8, 15,29
    April12,16
    May10, 24
    June 7

The game itself might be held at a house in Plano and the xmax store, alternating.

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9078 check "chris house"'s post.

Anyone can PM me for more details, manuals, etc.

Jesus. That's like 6 blocks from where I grew up. There's a game store there now?

I wish I still lived in Dallas. :(

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    sleepbesideme.jpg

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    that is a pretty good rhianna joke

Langly on
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Bowie, it's a god damned David Bowie song

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    yeah what?

it's a bowie song.

though that makes it make alot more sense.

Ness445 on
    4445.gif
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    AND IT'S RIHANNA
    NOT RHIANNA

mully on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I don't think I've ever heard one of her songs

also is she some running gag right now?

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I honestly do not care.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I don't think I've ever heard one of her songs

also is she some running gag right now?
    famously beaten women are pretty funny I guess?

I dunno.

Ness445 on
    4445.gif
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    mully wrote: »
    AND IT'S RIHANNA
    NOT RHIANNA
    ok Rihanna, no need to go ballistic

don't hit me

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    AND IT'S RIHANNA
    NOT RHIANNA

don't hit me
    I plead self-defense.

Ness445 on
    4445.gif
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ness445 wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    AND IT'S RIHANNA
    NOT RHIANNA

don't hit me
    I plead self-defense.

bitch, you asking for it

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    AND IT'S RIHANNA
    NOT RHIANNA

Is it more irritating when people confuse your name for hers or vice versa?

Javen on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    yeah what?

it's a bowie song.

oh I thought that the dundun dun part was referencing "Disturbia" and also i didn't catch the bowie reference and thought it was some rap song by the boyfriend or something look i don't know what happened here

Langly on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    yeah what?

it's a bowie song.

oh I thought that the dundun dun part was referencing "Disturbia" and also i didn't catch the bowie reference and thought it was some rap song by the boyfriend or something look i don't know what happened here

Yeah, not everyone can keep up with the new music these kids listen to.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
This discussion has been closed.