As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Team Fortress 2: Sandman becomes Nerfbat, Scouts become Emos

• Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm not gonna follow a pyro into a group of enemies without an uber. It could work well but it's pretty much 'jump in and pray to God you somehow survive'. Much better to buff them and send the little bugger in to do his stuff.

Of course the best way to medic is to join Iowa and mess up Badlands.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    Job_41:25Job_41:25 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    We are fucked. Repent now sinners, train god is coming for you.

Chugga Chugga and Choo Choo walk the earth. It's the first sign of the end of times.

Job_41:25 on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Train hat alone makes me want to play this game again

But L4D and the Sandman bat are keeping me out of it...

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Abloo abloo sandman.

Left 4 Dead is kind of a reasonable excuse at least.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    he gave me three months because I was damn good at trolling
    they won't let him out.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Lagnar wrote: »

Oh good, and you got an image of that one dude who kept killing me just to get his achievements when I thought we'd had a no-kill pact.

The whore.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    jonxp wrote: »
    So I figured out the spy's sapper replacement:
    1214884194311mx4.jpg
    xD

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Job_41:25 wrote: »

Chugga Chugga and Choo Choo walk the earth. It's the first sign of the end of times.

Chew-Chew shall devour your sins.

And the enemy team.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    LagnarLagnar Halifax, Nova scotiaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Job_41:25 wrote: »

Chew-Chew shall devour your sins.

And the enemy team.

Fun fact: When Choo Choo goes off the ledge and shoots to the other side, you can actually stand on him and not die. Ive only been able to do it as demo but I think a scout with the FaN or a rocket jumping soldier can make it the distance and land on him.

Lagnar on
  • Options
    c4tchc4tch Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    does anyone know of some good highlander servers? i'm getting fed up with huge player caps and demo/soldier explosion fest 2009 every time I log into a server.

c4tch on
    League of Legends: firecane
  • Options
    davinciedavincie Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Servers are way too laggy right now, I can't even hit anything. Whats the deal?

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Sweet, earned pyro unlock 3. Still need one achievement for Heavy unlock 1. Hoping I can join a really small server and just ask if I can taunt one of them to death to get it fast.

JJ on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    DeMoN wrote: »
    Abloo abloo sandman.

Left 4 Dead is kind of a reasonable excuse at least.

Its more like the sandman is the icing on the cake... if L4D didn't exist, i'd be playing tf2 non-stop.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    JJ, its pretty easy to get it off a sniper, I've done it a few times in a legit game. Including shuffling my fat ass up the side of the last stage of Gold Rush onto the snipers balcony to kill some nerd who was hiding in spawn.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So in a previous thread I said I did not see the point to the FaN. I'd just like to say I was completely wrong and that I love that gun. After trying it again for a session without the bonk or the sandman I feel that the weapon is worth it. It has good damage capabilities but its still challenging because you want to make your shots really count. I'm beginning to discover all the places the knockback effect can get you and it offers very intriguing possibilities on a lot of my favorite maps.

Also I don't understand the hate I've seen on egypt I thought it was a nice change of pace.

Shogun on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Shogun wrote: »
    Also I don't understand the hate I've seen on egypt I thought it was a nice change of pace.

But but

Egypt is new

That would require learning a new map

Most new maps are hated on because people play on them without knowing them, then throw them away thinking that's as good an experience as they're going to get from it. Then they go on the forums and complain about another round of dustbowel >:

Gumpy on
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Egypt has improved a lot I think since I last played it and it's pretty fun, though lacking a certain something. I also think it's got a couple balance issues. But still, no real complaints.

But Junction is, and always has been, a terrible map.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I don't like egypt because it doesn't play well and it looks terrible.

tofu on
  • Options
    Uber AbgestopptUber Abgestoppt BEERGICIAN Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Shogun wrote: »

I played it for my first time today, wasn't too impressed. I liked the way it looks, definitely a nice change, but I just didn't enjoy it. It seems like the first point always gets captured fast but the second point is always a dead stop for the attacking team. Might be the serious choke points, not sure though.

Uber Abgestoppt on
    demoman.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    i feel it is one of the largest shortcomings of the TF2 community that after having been out this long, i can almost count on one hand the number of maps any typical server rotates.

that is just piss poor sorry.

c4tch on
  • Options
    TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    to be fair there are a ton of maps, just only a handful are really playable, and even fewer of those are acutally fun to play

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    TRAINS FOR THE TRAIN GOD

SPIES FOR THE SPY THRONE

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    You mean there's more than 2fort and Granary?

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    TK-42-1 wrote: »
    to be fair there are a ton of maps, just only a handful are really playable, and even fewer of those are acutally fun to play

it seems like a lot of the complaints that people have though just come from their intense resistance to change.

I almost feel like for any map now to have a chance at being successful, it has to, in a lot of ways, emulate a map that people play a lot already, with some of its own unique features that people don't whine and cry over if they're difficult for either defense/offense.

This is why I believe so many complain about Egypt - hell even why people complain about Hydro, and Hydro is an amazing map.

c4tch on
  • Options
    Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hydro would be better if they had left out maybe one area so some of the others could have been increased in size enough to allow multiple paths from point to point.

Roland_tHTG on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hydro would be better if they had left out maybe one area so some of the others could have been increased in size enough to allow multiple paths from point to point.

Again with stealing my ideas

I've been positing this for ages. Open up a bunch of the alternative routes into an uber map using that king of the hill dealie some custom maps are using.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    TVs_FrankTVs_Frank Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ducktimer.jpg

TVs_Frank on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Edcrab wrote: »

Again with stealing my ideas

I've been positing this for ages. Open up a bunch of the alternative routes into an uber map using that king of the hill dealie some custom maps are using.

Way to steal my idea.

tofu on
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Trouble is, maps are divisive things, esp. with nine specialized classes to cater for.

So people as groupstend to settle for the best all-round maps and stick with them exclusively... apart from the fucked-up obsession with 2fort.

clocks-mirrors-21092007124601_thumb.jpg

289468887v1_350x350_Front_Color-Silver.jpg

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Man a duck clock is not a duck timer, Flippy.

Anyway, they are supposed to be fixing the problem that the duck timer caused with crouch jumping soon.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Good, because I can't download UT3 because steam is giving me an error.

Also, Job needs to get Freight back on rotation if it isn't. Every map vote seems to have 2 of the maps that everyone plays to death, then other stuff. And it really kills variety.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I uploaded my video (w/o sound) to see the broken crouching, you can see dustbowl stage 2 and 3.

deveric on
  • Options
    Job_41:25Job_41:25 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Good, because I can't download UT3 because steam is giving me an error.

Also, Job needs to get Freight back on rotation if it isn't. Every map vote seems to have 2 of the maps that everyone plays to death, then other stuff. And it really kills variety.

Typo in my maplists config. Fixed!

Job_41:25 on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Danke my hardhatted friend.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    WhatWhat Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    WHY ARE WE TURNING THIS INTO MEAT FORTRESS AGAIN?

jesus FUCK

What on
  • Options
    splashsplash Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You used to be able to hold down alt fire on the sticky launcher while it charges, this would cause the meter to lock at full until you let go for when you needed it. Doesn't work anymore.

Can't crouch in the pool of water at the bottom of the 2fort stairs to put out fire anymore.

I really wish Valve would stop doing this stuff. Stuff like saving ubers with your bonesaw out. They should've made that a draw back of the ubersaw instead of getting rid of it.

edit: Juan, no, they've broken a fundamental part of Valve games since HL. Maps are designed with crouchjumping in mind. You can't do it anymore. Robin Walker says they're on it, so we'll see what they do.

Wow... Wow... in a year of playing this game and being pretty good with demo I don't think I learned about or used the sticky alt-fire.

There's obviously something glitchy about the duck update that they didn't intend. These are very purposeful crouch jump or crouch spots like the water in 2fort tunnels. It will be fixed. I am glad that scouts and heavies and others can't spam crouch anymore. One duck per jump is a very good rule. If you've ever been in a 2fort sniper battle against a sniper that spams duck while jumping.. too annoying.

splash on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah dont be dumb guys. I actually would like to keep the TF2 thread. Why does every op have to have some retarded gimmick.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    TVs_FrankTVs_Frank Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Duck timers are relevant. And fuck I knew I'd be beaten.

TVs_Frank on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    TVs_Frank wrote: »
    Duck timers are relevant. And fuck I knew I'd be beaten.

Fuck that. We need for someone to stand up and say NO. NO to RANDOM ASS POSTING!

NO to opression by that of meat products! NO!

Someone to guide the way. A beacon of hope. We need a hero.

badboys2.JPG

can heavies still jump up onto the platform opposite the ramp at the back entrance to B on granary? If not then I quit forever.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
This discussion has been closed.