As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

help me crop this :)

phoxphyrephoxphyre Registered User regular
edited March 2009 in Artist's Corner
Heya,

I'd like to print out the following photo biiig -- but I am unsure if it needs cropping (at least I can't see a way to crop it)

I really love that thin DOF, and how it's centered on her eye. And that tiny amount of pink from her ears....

What are your thoughts? How would you crop this?

Thanks guys!

UxAaWTOlhJELSWcb3ufchA?authkey=Gv1sRgCK3Fmr-zxJG_TQ&feat=directlink
lily_small.png

Remember the Slug; They have all the disadvantages of Snails, but without the benefit of home-ownership...
phoxphyre on

• LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    there is a photo thread, about 2 inches away from this thread which would kindly give you advice on what to do.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Loomdun wrote: »
    there is a photo thread, about 2 inches away from this thread which would kindly give you advice on what to do.

Well that would depend on the resolution he is working in, Loom.

OP, what is your resolution so we may give you more accurate directions to the Photo thread?

Also would you prefer metric or Imperial units?

NightDragon on
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    oh I forgot the calculations must be calculated for important numbers

Loomdun on
    splat
  • phoxphyrephoxphyre Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Can one not ask for artistic advice regarding photographs in this forum? Sorry, the forum name led me astray!

I have a 12 megapixel version of that photo. It is uncropped -- hence why I was asking for input. I would like to print it out at 13" x 19" (or some other variant). I'm aware that it's not 300dpi, but I'm good with that.

phoxphyre on
    Remember the Slug; They have all the disadvantages of Snails, but without the benefit of home-ownership...
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    No, you're fine. :) Just asking in the Photo thread may be more appropriate. They know their photostuffs, and this is a pretty simple question.

NightDragon on
  • Jake!Jake! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'd crop it upright, loosing the distracting pink and black on the right, and a whole lot of boring in general.

Jake! on
This discussion has been closed.