Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Phalla] The King of Phallaters; Village win!

1333435363739»

Posts

  • Ultros64Ultros64 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This game was really cool - sorry if I came off as a dick through some of it, but I had to keep up my arguing.

    All in all, it was pretty awesome. Good work Burnage.

    Ultros64 on
    It doesn't matter what I say, as long as I sing with inflection
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I knew there was a mafia between Darian and Exarch. I didn't know who, but figured someone was trying to cover thier asses.

    Never would have looked at Tommy, though.

    JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Very fun game burnage, although I'm sad I went out like I did. Not your fault though. or is it?

    Zellpher on
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    I knew there was a mafia between Darian and Exarch. I didn't know who, but figured someone was trying to cover thier asses.

    Never would have looked at Tommy, though.

    Ain't I a stinker?
    Yeah, and this was first time playing evil too.

    Tommy2Hands on
    Cdcniho.jpg
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    B:L wrote: »
    Damn you Grimmy all I wanted was to kill kime with my bare hands.

    Was that too much to ask?

    Sorry, B:L -- it's just that you're always good. And good. Next time, I'll let you kill kime.

    So much kime-love :P.

    Very nice game Burnage, was lots of fun! Even after dying was fun to follow. How long would it have taken to repair the metal slugs though, and what would have happened?

    kime on
    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    kime wrote: »
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    B:L wrote: »
    Damn you Grimmy all I wanted was to kill kime with my bare hands.

    Was that too much to ask?

    Sorry, B:L -- it's just that you're always good. And good. Next time, I'll let you kill kime.

    So much kime-love :P.

    Very nice game Burnage, was lots of fun! Even after dying was fun to follow. How long would it have taken to repair the metal slugs though, and what would have happened?

    Day 5 or 6, you would have been able to hop inside it (or let somebody else climb in) and protect themselves from any form of targetting.

    Burnage on
  • ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It's funny, I had you pegged as a baddie for most of the game Tommy, I was just attempting to get a network going so I never seered you. Then you voted for me at my reveal, freaked out a bit too much for me to take you seriously as a baddie, so ironically I wouldn't have suspected you at all unless wildcat yelled at me to seer you or something.

    Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Exarch wrote: »
    It's funny, I had you pegged as a baddie for most of the game Tommy, I was just attempting to get a network going so I never seered you. Then you voted for me at my reveal, freaked out a bit too much for me to take you seriously as a baddie, so ironically I wouldn't have suspected you at all unless wildcat yelled at me to seer you or something.

    Yeah, I'm a badass. :P

    Tommy2Hands on
    Cdcniho.jpg
  • ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Or lucky I wasn't a vig hehe.

    Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hueg poast. TLDR: Thanks Burnage!

    Typing this up as I go through the thread, so expect disjointed comments.

    So, that was pretty painful for team NESTS for a number of reasons (well, mainly inactivity from two members) Also I personally spent the majority of the game hiding with 4/5 KOs.

    I had a heal that would have revealed one of our members. I should have done it at the beginning and hoped it would have been one of the inactives.

    Oh man, reading the Role PMs, it's way too bad Marco wasn't in the game. Damn damn damn.

    Yamazaki was a member of the Antagonists? Sweet. I still don't understand why you took him out though--it's like you hate cool guys or something.

    Seth's power kicks ass, I love that.

    But yeah, great game Burnage, that was awesome. I wish luck was a little more on my side. I really do not understand how you didn't fill up super fast (other than Spring Break), and how come so many people were inactive, but whatever. Everyone had stuff they could do which was pretty Ace.

    I lost two fights and basically couldn't fight for the rest of the game (which sucked, because I thought that was a great feature which meant that not only did most people have powers they could perform, but additional other actions they could take. Good design in my opinion.

    Anyway, right before that, I got a power that said I'd get powers faster than most characters. Do you have some kind of chart for what people would get through KOs? Any idea on the kind of things I totally missed out on?

    In hindsight, I'm thinking we probably should have farmed eachother down a bit until we gathered some awesome powers, and I want to know how effective that would have been.




    A completely tangental note; this game gave me some inspiration for a CF-esque project I'm going to start working on when I have time to do so. I've been wanting to make a few things, and this made me think about combining them into something that might be useful. Projects like this rarely go anywhere for me, but I'll spill some concept so I know I've said at least something about it.

    I've been wanting to make an RPG built based on cards, where each character is described by a deck, and card-play mechanics are used to arbitrate. The second aspect I've been wanting to consider, is a game designed to play well on forums and whatnot, with combat either superstreamlined, or front-loaded. I couldn't come up with an idea for complexity. This leads into something else I wanted to make, which is an RPG built for large player groups. Not phalla large, but I remember playing 13 player games of DnD and Shadowrun at the comic book shop. Things were hectic, and a front loaded combat system would have brought things a long way.

    So this made me think of a game structured very similar to a KoF tournamet, where players distribute cards across three categories defining combat abilities, non-combat abilities, and character perks, much like how phalla powers work basically, although maybe set up more for a GM'd styled game, though players might not all be on the same side. Whenever there is a fight, players would build a 'hand' out of their combat ability cards, which would then be compared one by one (like the movelists Burnage had us submit), until a victor was achieved. That was the basic mechanics. Players that were built to be awesome fighters would get more cards to spend on combat and less on useful abilities. A good 'team' would have a mix of combat potential to encourage advancement, and noncombat abilities to support themselve. Unlike this game, players could be encouraged to make their own characters, and choose what they want (or maybe it could be assigned and played like a Phalla, who knows?)

    So hopefully I'll get a chance to work on that sometime. Thanks for the inspiration Burnage!

    piL on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So my faction's win condition was ridiculously unlikely. The three of us had to outnumber, meaning we pretty much had to kill EVERYONE else.

    Fun game, great time, I was wrecking stuff, just, man, the odds were against us SO much.

    Rend on
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Rend wrote: »
    So my faction's win condition was ridiculously unlikely. The three of us had to outnumber, meaning we pretty much had to kill EVERYONE else.

    Fun game, great time, I was wrecking stuff, just, man, the odds were against us SO much.

    Well, the majority of non-villiage factions were 3-5 people, so it wasn't that unlikely, and most non-villiage factions had that condition, and we almost pulled it through.



    Oh Grimmy, Tommy, and Spectralspork! Fun working with you guys, I've been a baddie twice, but this time I felt like we were constantly scheming and manipulating things, and trying to find ways to do well, so thanks--you guys also helped to make this fun for me.

    piL on
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    piL wrote: »
    Rend wrote: »
    So my faction's win condition was ridiculously unlikely. The three of us had to outnumber, meaning we pretty much had to kill EVERYONE else.

    Fun game, great time, I was wrecking stuff, just, man, the odds were against us SO much.

    Well, the majority of non-villiage factions were 3-5 people, so it wasn't that unlikely, and most non-villiage factions had that condition, and we almost pulled it through.



    Oh Grimmy, Tommy, and Spectralspork! Fun working with you guys, I've been a baddie twice, but this time I felt like we were constantly scheming and manipulating things, and trying to find ways to do well, so thanks--you guys also helped to make this fun for me.

    You're welcome

    Tommy2Hands on
    Cdcniho.jpg
  • FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Orochi boards are officially unlocked: http://thenewfaceoftomorrow.proboards.com/index.cgi

    Now... who had the tenacity to kill me, right when I was about to take on and defeat both Rugal and Iori?

    FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    *Rasies hand*
    Or was that obbi?

    Tommy2Hands on
    Cdcniho.jpg
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Wasn't me, I couldn't kill folk durin' that time.

    Obbi on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    piL wrote: »
    Anyway, right before that, I got a power that said I'd get powers faster than most characters. Do you have some kind of chart for what people would get through KOs? Any idea on the kind of things I totally missed out on?

    I'm going to hold my hand up and admit that I was giving out new powers based on what I thought would even out the game. Thus the village got a lot of guard and heal abilities when they'd been hammered for a few nights in a row, and Rend's team got a one-night ability to take two NESTS members out when I was worried that you weren't going to be hit by anything except Metal Slug.

    If somebody won two fights, I normally gave them a one-use ability. Win three and it was permanent. piL would have gotten a new ability with every win. Although, uh, Rend kind of broke my system by winning 12+ fights.
    Rend wrote: »
    So my faction's win condition was ridiculously unlikely. The three of us had to outnumber, meaning we pretty much had to kill EVERYONE else.

    Bear in mind that your team had crazy defense powers; a guard and a counter meant that only one of you was completely vulnerable each night.

    Burnage on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Roo, Tommy and Keika. Good network, remember those names.
    Dammit Exarch, listen to me next time! :P

    Also, how on Earth did I dodge the Sky Noah missiles? Was I guarded?

    Wildcat on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    who killed me off day 1, so much for my seering people to see who is evil ability

    M.D. on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wildcat, yeah, you were guarded by Law on the final night.
    who killed me off day 1, so much for my seering people to see who is evil ability

    Rend. Also I was very tempted to make you a naive seer who would have seen everyone as evil. Since you died night one, we'll never know if I did!

    Burnage on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    it's funny cause I was seering rend night one, i'll get you rend

    M.D. on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This was a very fun game Burnage. Thanks very much for hosting it.

    Wildcat on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    it's funny cause I was seering rend night one, i'll get you rend

    You seering him is what killed you, dude

    Burnage on
  • AstraphobiaAstraphobia Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I was sitting on 4 KO's most of the game.

    Kept hoping the amount of challenges would keep going down each night so I wouldn't get pummeled.

    I thought 5str was average, but now I see it was pretty much ultra low-end, ha.

    Astraphobia on
    You: GOD NEVERMIND, I'LL JUST CALL THE FUCKING WONDER TWINS MAYBE THEY CAN UNITE TO FORM A FUCKING CLUE FOR YOU
  • Kay2Kay2 Registered User
    edited March 2009
    I was all 'woo!' when I saw my special ability, but now I realise it was a little more common than I thought. :p

    Some nice posts on the evilboards there, and it's funny how both NESTS and another team targetted so much on me in one night, 'cause I knew the subject matter. :D

    Also, half-circle back, towards + A, A, A, B, B, C, C, D, D, half-circle back + C.

    Kay2 on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    it's funny cause I was seering rend night one, i'll get you rend

    It was an auto-counter! I am sorry!

    Also: proboardz

    http://thebernsteinbears.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general

    This game was so cool though. Challenging everyone at the same time, and winning, was awesome. Also, freeagent, it was me that called and sent your kill that night. Good thing i did, too :p

    Rend on
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Rend wrote: »
    it's funny cause I was seering rend night one, i'll get you rend

    It was an auto-counter! I am sorry!

    Also: proboardz

    http://thebernsteinbears.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general

    This game was so cool though. Challenging everyone at the same time, and winning, was awesome. Also, freeagent, it was me that called and sent your kill that night. Good thing i did, too :p

    Locked pro-board is locked.

    Darian on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You're too quick for me! Anyway, it's unlocked now. I was in the process of unlocking it while you were typing up that post :p

    Rend on
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Man... those homing missiles were... quite something. We really didn't have a chance to deal with those in any appreciable way, did we?

    GrimmyTOA on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Guards...? I dunno. All I know is that ACTIVATE HOMING MISSILES.

    Rend on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Man... those homing missiles were... quite something. We really didn't have a chance to deal with those in any appreciable way, did we?

    Not on the night you died. I upgraded your team's faction kill later in the game; NESTS could choose to kill two people, kill one and defend against one missile attack against any NESTS member, or defend against two.

    The homing missiles were pretty much dickish on my part, which is why I took them away from Rend's time pretty sharpish.

    Burnage on
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Rend wrote: »
    Guards...? I dunno. All I know is that ACTIVATE HOMING MISSILES.

    I don't think we had any. Wish I'd had a homing missile. Stupid useless laser gun.

    GrimmyTOA on
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ah, that makes sense. Just bad luck for me, then. Thanks for the clarification, Burnage.

    GrimmyTOA on
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Burnage wrote: »
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Man... those homing missiles were... quite something. We really didn't have a chance to deal with those in any appreciable way, did we?

    Not on the night you died. I upgraded your team's faction kill later in the game; NESTS could choose to kill two people, kill one and defend against one missile attack against any NESTS member, or defend against two.

    The homing missiles were pretty much dickish on my part, which is why I took them away from Rend's time pretty sharpish.

    You were in a tough position here, trying to balance the game on the fly.

    More of a philosophical question than anything else: should mechanics change over the course of the game to balance things out, or not?

    If it is just a case of good shooting/lucky targeting, I'd say no. But if it is to deal with inactivity or other factors outside of the players, maybe.

    In this game, the mechanics were constantly changing regardless, from all the fights and power-ups; I'm remembering the Rhino mini where the village was just completely screwed from the beginning (seers were public, bad guys gained a convert each day) - but the host let it play out and just wrote it off as a mistake.

    Darian on
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Kay wrote: »
    I was all 'woo!' when I saw my special ability, but now I realise it was a little more common than I thought. :p

    Some nice posts on the evilboards there, and it's funny how both NESTS and another team targetted so much on me in one night, 'cause I knew the subject matter. :D

    Also, half-circle back, towards + A, A, A, B, B, C, C, D, D, half-circle back + C.

    This reminds me of something else, and actually is sort of relavent to what you said. Did Keika have an extra-special seer? Why did I seer as K999, instead of as a clone of Soree Meira to him? I wasn't really able to try and say that I was hit with DNA corruption. By the time I would have responded, that fact wouldn't have made a difference, but if things had gone different for me posting-time-wise, I was thinking about throwing that out there near the end.

    When I seered as K999 and not my cover, it really left me with no way of saying, "Hey, I'm actually _______, just covered.

    Also, thanks for the answer Burnage; we should have team-farmed :P I think we needed a heal that didn't result in a random member dying the next night.

    piL on
  • Kay2Kay2 Registered User
    edited March 2009
    There was a difference between 'Clone of X' and 'Character pretending to be X', I think.

    As in, Osvik was a clone of Gato - he wasn't someone pretending to be someone else, like the NESTS team, or Kyo Kusanagi.

    Oh yeah, I had a question.

    Burnage, can you tell me what the hell happened the night I died? It looks like EVERYONE targetted me for something.

    Kay2 on
Sign In or Register to comment.