As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Zune Thread: 64GB Zune HD Coming in April. $350 is the MSRP. Other Models -$20.

1575859606163»

Posts

  • Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I read an article somewhere about how MS is actually the closest to getting things in the cloud, and doing it well. The Kin, while not an amazing phone, does have one thing that makes it stick out extremly. Every photo, text, anything, gets uploaded automatically to your Kin site, and there ya go. I mean, if you think about it, MS has the 3 screens that people keep talking about, Phone, PC and TV, and if they can really get them to all talk to each other, that will really change things.

    I want to be able to get a movie on Netflicks, watch half of it on my Xbox, watch the other half on my Win7 phone, and have my computer tell me that the director made another movie I might like. Gears are the next big thing, every piece turning and working with everything else. Which, if I might cut in, is where Apple is gonna get burned in my opnion...can't have the walled garden and the cloud.

    Ghostly Clockwork on
    FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

    HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dragon6860 wrote: »
    I mean, if you think about it, MS has the 3 screens that people keep talking about, Phone, PC and TV, and if they can really get them to all talk to each other, that will really change things.

    So very yes. Having all your devices being able to access the same content (seamlessly) would be the greatest thing ever.

    Ayulin on
    steam_sig.png
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Huh, I picked up the Zune HD Sync Dock, and I guess the remote that comes with it also functions as a Xbox 360 Media Center remote. Neat, I guess.

    Dehumanized on
  • prfntbtrprfntbtr Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So I got my brand new Zund HD yesterday and the thing looks gorgeous. I had purchased a bestskinever and wanted to get the front part of it applied first thing so that it would remain pristine. Got it on there, but it pretty much looks terrible right now. The website of bestskinsever states that after 3 to 5 days additional moisture and smaller bubbles will evaporate out from under the protector and it would look better but it looks so bad right now, I am anxious to see how it will turn out. If it does not vastly improve I will just end up tearing the thing off and going unprotected. Also it recommended that you let it "cure" for a day, so here I am at work, with no HD to keep my company. So sad.

    prfntbtr on
  • LeCausticLeCaustic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    prfntbtr wrote: »
    So I got my brand new Zund HD yesterday and the thing looks gorgeous. I had purchased a bestskinever and wanted to get the front part of it applied first thing so that it would remain pristine. Got it on there, but it pretty much looks terrible right now. The website of bestskinsever states that after 3 to 5 days additional moisture and smaller bubbles will evaporate out from under the protector and it would look better but it looks so bad right now, I am anxious to see how it will turn out. If it does not vastly improve I will just end up tearing the thing off and going unprotected. Also it recommended that you let it "cure" for a day, so here I am at work, with no HD to keep my company. So sad.

    The screen is gorgeous and i refused to get a screen protector for it. I do have a case for it, because I'm not exactly gentle when handling it, but hell no for a screen protector.

    Also, I absolutely LOVE media center syncing with my PC and 360. Movies I have on my PC that are digital downloads can be played on my 360 with no hassle (and TV shows) which makes it too easy. Now with Netflix and possible Hulu and netflix on the new WM7 phones....god. It's getting almost impossible to wait any longer! I want my WM7 phone NOW.

    LeCaustic on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    kaustikos.png
  • NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    prfntbtr wrote: »
    So I got my brand new Zund HD yesterday and the thing looks gorgeous. I had purchased a bestskinever and wanted to get the front part of it applied first thing so that it would remain pristine. Got it on there, but it pretty much looks terrible right now. The website of bestskinsever states that after 3 to 5 days additional moisture and smaller bubbles will evaporate out from under the protector and it would look better but it looks so bad right now, I am anxious to see how it will turn out. If it does not vastly improve I will just end up tearing the thing off and going unprotected. Also it recommended that you let it "cure" for a day, so here I am at work, with no HD to keep my company. So sad.

    I don't remember if it was really bad at first but the skin from bestskinsever on my 80 looks fucking great and the one on my brothers old brick also looks great.

    PS make sure the corners are put on smoothly.

    Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Captain VashCaptain Vash Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    a billion internets to anyone who can tell me how to get past my zune's lock screen.

    I forgot the code, and also lost my sync cable :(

    Captain Vash on
    twitterforweb.Stuckens.1,1,500,f4f4f4,0,c4c4c4,000000.png
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I don't think that can be done. At best you could reset the device to factory defaults, and from what I can tell you need a sync cable to do that:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927001/en-us

    Dehumanized on
  • Captain VashCaptain Vash Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    the zune will actually let me do that straight from the zune. but then I'd be musicless.

    Captain Vash on
    twitterforweb.Stuckens.1,1,500,f4f4f4,0,c4c4c4,000000.png
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dehumanized on
  • Captain VashCaptain Vash Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    THREE FLIPPING DOLLARS!?

    THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS.


    ordered.

    Captain Vash on
    twitterforweb.Stuckens.1,1,500,f4f4f4,0,c4c4c4,000000.png
  • LeCausticLeCaustic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    THREE FLIPPING DOLLARS!?

    THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS.


    ordered.

    It's $20 for the ms one. :P

    LeCaustic on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    kaustikos.png
  • DremDrem Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So I want to get an MP3 player. Of course, I'm trying to decide between an iPod Touch 32GB and a Zune HD 16GB. iPod has all of that app support, which seems really nice, but Zune HD is $100 cheaper, which is kind of a big deal for me, and has FM radio. The Zune is also possibly almost $200 cheaper if I get a refurbished Zune HD.

    Do you guys know what I could expect from a refurbished Zune HD? Would the battery life be less than desired? Any problems I'd probably run into?


    Edit: Well, uh, I've kind of ended up ordering a Zune HD, so the post is kind of moot now.

    Drem on
    hacksigsig.gif
  • LeCausticLeCaustic Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Drem wrote: »
    So I want to get an MP3 player. Of course, I'm trying to decide between an iPod Touch 32GB and a Zune HD 16GB. iPod has all of that app support, which seems really nice, but Zune HD is $100 cheaper, which is kind of a big deal for me, and has FM radio. The Zune is also possibly almost $200 cheaper if I get a refurbished Zune HD.

    Do you guys know what I could expect from a refurbished Zune HD? Would the battery life be less than desired? Any problems I'd probably run into?


    Edit: Well, uh, I've kind of ended up ordering a Zune HD, so the post is kind of moot now.

    It's simple; if you love music, get a Zune.

    End discussion

    LeCaustic on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    kaustikos.png
This discussion has been closed.